Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillys worst game ever here? 21:39 - Feb 26 with 11821 viewsolympicdale

Taking in to account the oposition, cant be many worse, absolutely toothless up front without Grant. Tutte is just running down his contract, JK was the only one to show any desire to change the game. Credit to Accy they deserved the win.

Life is a game of fate.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 21:50 - Feb 26 with 4382 viewssykeboy

have to agree with the point of contracts too many players will not be here next season and its beginning to show no desire
Hillys worst game ever here? on 21:57 - Feb 26 with 4296 viewsSaxonDale

I've never got this 'running down contract' myth. Why would any player want to simply see out the rest of their contract?Surely if you're in the first team there's no better place to put yourself in the shop window and get a better contract offer whether that be from Rochdale or another club.
Hillys worst game ever here? on 21:57 - Feb 26 with 4290 viewsolympicdale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 21:50 - Feb 26 by sykeboy

have to agree with the point of contracts too many players will not be here next season and its beginning to show no desire

Too many players winding down their contracts, they dont even know if Hills gonna be here next season.

Life is a game of fate.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:03 - Feb 26 with 4226 viewssykeboy

Hillys worst game ever here? on 21:57 - Feb 26 by olympicdale

Too many players winding down their contracts, they dont even know if Hills gonna be here next season.

correct and it showed
Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:16 - Feb 26 with 4102 viewsColDale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 21:57 - Feb 26 by olympicdale

I think its more a case of we as supporters finally seeing some of our players for what they are, and the fancy 30 yard finishes once in a while cannot disguise the lack of ability, attitude and work rate.

We can go overboard on tonight. This was a tight game in which we lost to two fantastic goals and another which came from failing to clear from another. Accy did what we expected, they ran around a lot, spoiled the game (which they are entitled to do) and stopped us from playing.

For me, tonight''s back five looked solid. Dunno if Lillis could have done better with the free kick as some have suggested, but I'm liking the new Lillis with an attacking threat to his game.

Aside from that, I felt we looked weaker with each sub. I'd resigned myself to a 0-0 just before they went one up as I was convinced we weren't going to score. Our best two efforts came from potential own goals, and I don't buy this "where's the service" argument. I know we've been spoiled with strikers in recent years but good strikers don't expect everything on a plate and play the game as if they have the skills of a striker on Fifa.

IN the long run, Hill will have learned more about his squad than any other game, and in terms of addressing weaknesses for next season, it may have even done us some good. For me, keep the back five, try and persuade JK and wish good luck to the rest of them.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:17 - Feb 26 with 4086 viewsphomem

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:16 - Feb 26 by ColDale

I think its more a case of we as supporters finally seeing some of our players for what they are, and the fancy 30 yard finishes once in a while cannot disguise the lack of ability, attitude and work rate.

We can go overboard on tonight. This was a tight game in which we lost to two fantastic goals and another which came from failing to clear from another. Accy did what we expected, they ran around a lot, spoiled the game (which they are entitled to do) and stopped us from playing.

For me, tonight''s back five looked solid. Dunno if Lillis could have done better with the free kick as some have suggested, but I'm liking the new Lillis with an attacking threat to his game.

Aside from that, I felt we looked weaker with each sub. I'd resigned myself to a 0-0 just before they went one up as I was convinced we weren't going to score. Our best two efforts came from potential own goals, and I don't buy this "where's the service" argument. I know we've been spoiled with strikers in recent years but good strikers don't expect everything on a plate and play the game as if they have the skills of a striker on Fifa.

IN the long run, Hill will have learned more about his squad than any other game, and in terms of addressing weaknesses for next season, it may have even done us some good. For me, keep the back five, try and persuade JK and wish good luck to the rest of them.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

At least grant and Henderson are available for morecambe
Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:21 - Feb 26 with 4044 viewsShun

Thank god most of them are out of contract soon!
Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:29 - Feb 26 with 3947 viewsolympicdale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:17 - Feb 26 by phomem

At least grant and Henderson are available for morecambe

yeah it was a real shame Henderson wasn't available, cause we had nothing aside from Howarth to change the game.

going back to the 'running down contracts' argument, I feel we have too many players who are either going to be released, or on short term contracts, most of this will be because we don't even know if Hill will stick around (if he doesn't get a better offer) Now we're 6 points off the drop and can score less than Peter Beardsley in a brothel it now seems, Henderson and Grant must be the front pairing on saturday for me.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:32 - Feb 26 with 3904 viewsboromat

Not too disheartened. We looked solid again especially compared to the rest of the season and last season. Accrington did a good job at pressing and gave us no time or space. It required some tight one touch passing that we are capable of just not on that pitch at the moment, bobbles around like anything.

Three changes to the team maybe was one too many but we were still the better side until the last 30 mins. When we were undone by two cracking goals, the third only came as a result of us throwing men forward. Unfortunately we seem lacking going forward at the moment. I think we have the players but getting the balance is difficult. Today I think Rose could have got forward a bit more and Bennett needed constantly telling in the first half to go forward. Hills teams have always relied on full backs that get forward. BBM sat too deep today and I think maybe he should be the man to be replaced by Grant for the next game. Hopefully give us that edge we need going forward without sacrificing all the good work we've done recently defensively.

UP THE DALE

P.S How cold was it tonight!!! Definitely made the game seem a lot worse than it was hahaha

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:34 - Feb 26 with 3870 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Maybe, but it's not his team so is absolved of any real blame.

Love the way the OP posts 'Hillys worst game ever here?' rather than raise the real, and most fooking obviously glaring, point of how absolutely p3ss poor so-called good players like Tutte and Grimes were - again.

All these managers we've had can't be that bad. We've also got to get out of this awful habit of constantly placing emphasis on the manager.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:36 - Feb 26 with 3848 viewsSwissdale

I think tonight showed how much we miss grant. Like him or not we'd be dead and buried without him this season. Grimes' whining is beyond a joke; if the ball's not exactly to his feet his hands are up in the air and he's given up on the passage of play. Gornell doesn't put a shred of effort in. Donnelly is not a footballer.

Total overhaul is needed from back to front. Keep JK, Tutte, Bennett, Lillis, Edwards. The rest don't have the ability and/or attitude to be professional footballers by a long way.
Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:38 - Feb 26 with 3825 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:36 - Feb 26 by Swissdale

I think tonight showed how much we miss grant. Like him or not we'd be dead and buried without him this season. Grimes' whining is beyond a joke; if the ball's not exactly to his feet his hands are up in the air and he's given up on the passage of play. Gornell doesn't put a shred of effort in. Donnelly is not a footballer.

Total overhaul is needed from back to front. Keep JK, Tutte, Bennett, Lillis, Edwards. The rest don't have the ability and/or attitude to be professional footballers by a long way.

What the fook has Tutte done to be in this list.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:39 - Feb 26 with 3798 viewsolympicdale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:34 - Feb 26 by BigDaveMyCock

Love the way the OP posts 'Hillys worst game ever here?' rather than raise the real, and most fooking obviously glaring, point of how absolutely p3ss poor so-called good players like Tutte and Grimes were - again.

All these managers we've had can't be that bad. We've also got to get out of this awful habit of constantly placing emphasis on the manager.

Tutte doesnt care anymore about this club, he wants to go, if his body language on the pitch is anything to go by, JK, who is in a similar situation, but never stopped trying to make things happen.

Life is a game of fate.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:41 - Feb 26 with 3760 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:39 - Feb 26 by olympicdale

Tutte doesnt care anymore about this club, he wants to go, if his body language on the pitch is anything to go by, JK, who is in a similar situation, but never stopped trying to make things happen.

So then why not a post of 'Tutte's worst game ever here?' instead of 'Hillys worst game ever here?'

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:42 - Feb 26 with 3759 viewsdalenumber2

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:34 - Feb 26 by BigDaveMyCock

Well said that man.
Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:42 - Feb 26 with 3756 viewsSaxonDale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:38 - Feb 26 by BigDaveMyCock

8 goals from midfield is a very decent contribution, especially considering he's still only 22. I think its important for people to take a step back and judge players on their entire season, not just the last few games.
Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:45 - Feb 26 with 3724 viewsmaybee

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:32 - Feb 26 by boromat

Not too disheartened. We looked solid again especially compared to the rest of the season and last season. Accrington did a good job at pressing and gave us no time or space. It required some tight one touch passing that we are capable of just not on that pitch at the moment, bobbles around like anything.

Three changes to the team maybe was one too many but we were still the better side until the last 30 mins. When we were undone by two cracking goals, the third only came as a result of us throwing men forward. Unfortunately we seem lacking going forward at the moment. I think we have the players but getting the balance is difficult. Today I think Rose could have got forward a bit more and Bennett needed constantly telling in the first half to go forward. Hills teams have always relied on full backs that get forward. BBM sat too deep today and I think maybe he should be the man to be replaced by Grant for the next game. Hopefully give us that edge we need going forward without sacrificing all the good work we've done recently defensively.

UP THE DALE

P.S How cold was it tonight!!! Definitely made the game seem a lot worse than it was hahaha

Too optimistic for me I'm afraid.

We should not play with 3 in central midfield at home...especially when the 3 play so close to each other. Tutte in particular is wasted when he plays as deep as he did tonight. We had no width on the right hand side at all, and there really wasn't a good shape to the team throughout.

Gornell had a shocker and really did not look interested. Then again, Jones looked quite a way off the pace, and could have been red carded for two dive-ins (the first one missing everything, and the second causing a ruck and resulting in a yellow)

Hopefully, we will learn from tonights clear mistakes and improve quickly, as I don't want to see that sort of display again .

Finally, well done to Accy. Their game plan of closing us down in midfield worked a treat, and their first two goals were very good indeed. There were many elements of a John Coleman away performance on view from them. Just a shame that so few of their fans could be bothered to travel the 16 miles to see it.

And yes; it was as cold as it's been for a long time.
Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:45 - Feb 26 with 3724 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:42 - Feb 26 by SaxonDale

8 goals from midfield is a very decent contribution, especially considering he's still only 22. I think its important for people to take a step back and judge players on their entire season, not just the last few games.

He can, from time to time, shoot, I'll give you that. I'm sorry but the team needs so much more from a central midfielder.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:45 - Feb 26 with 3710 viewsboromat

Don't forget Tuttes playing out of position at the minute! Also a lot of the players are getting used to the way Hill want them to play and they can only put so much into practice at once it takes time.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:46 - Feb 26 with 3707 viewsSwissdale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:38 - Feb 26 by BigDaveMyCock

Agree he's been poor the last few games, nowhere near his best.

Can't put my finger on why to be honest, seems the changes to the midfield have put him off his game. Looks to be very restricted on the ball in what is becoming a packed midfield (without a doubt he's most effective when there is some space to run into)
Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:46 - Feb 26 with 3705 viewsD_Alien

Tutte has found himself out of favour with Hilly once before, so maybe both parties realise there's going to be a parting of the ways at the end of season.

That's no reason for anyone to not give 100% in a Dale shirt.

tbh, we've seen enough sub-100% displays from players over the past two years to last most of us a lifetime. If they don't want to give their best every game, they can go.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:50 - Feb 26 with 3671 viewsolympicdale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:45 - Feb 26 by maybee

Too optimistic for me I'm afraid.

We should not play with 3 in central midfield at home...especially when the 3 play so close to each other. Tutte in particular is wasted when he plays as deep as he did tonight. We had no width on the right hand side at all, and there really wasn't a good shape to the team throughout.

Gornell had a shocker and really did not look interested. Then again, Jones looked quite a way off the pace, and could have been red carded for two dive-ins (the first one missing everything, and the second causing a ruck and resulting in a yellow)

Hopefully, we will learn from tonights clear mistakes and improve quickly, as I don't want to see that sort of display again .

Finally, well done to Accy. Their game plan of closing us down in midfield worked a treat, and their first two goals were very good indeed. There were many elements of a John Coleman away performance on view from them. Just a shame that so few of their fans could be bothered to travel the 16 miles to see it.

And yes; it was as cold as it's been for a long time.

Gornell can go now for me, I'd be very happy to stick with Grant/Grimes and Henderson. Gornell doesn't seem to have anything about him, he has no physical presence, gets shoved off the ball far too easily, he cant get in good positions, unless you count on his stomach then waving his arms around, he's fast becoming anonymous during games very quickly into them.

Life is a game of fate.

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:51 - Feb 26 with 3650 viewsSwissdale

Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:50 - Feb 26 by olympicdale

Gornell can go now for me, I'd be very happy to stick with Grant/Grimes and Henderson. Gornell doesn't seem to have anything about him, he has no physical presence, gets shoved off the ball far too easily, he cant get in good positions, unless you count on his stomach then waving his arms around, he's fast becoming anonymous during games very quickly into them.

And we paid money for him less than 2 months ago.
Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:52 - Feb 26 with 3644 viewsbatman

Watching The Dale is like smoking.
its a habit,,, don't know why you do it, nothing good comes of it
in fact it's harmful(to your sanity) BUT you keep on doing it.
And those who don't do it, can't understand your addiction
MADNESS F@CKING MADNESS
Hillys worst game ever here? on 22:52 - Feb 26 with 3642 viewsColDale

the highlight of the night was seeing young Whitehall's quiff. It's a work of art that without a shadow of a doubt would have him on the cover of Morrissey's next single (if he had a record label these days).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024