Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill Interview on BBC site 23:35 - Mar 13 with 4065 views442Dale

Wants to stay, but some interesting comments. Apologies if it's already been posted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21768847

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill Interview on BBC site on 18:14 - Mar 15 with 980 viewscy74

The question might have been put that if Flickers and co are let go by Barnsley can they come back.

Financially is that viable?
Hill Interview on BBC site on 18:29 - Mar 15 with 941 viewsD_Alien

Hill Interview on BBC site on 18:14 - Mar 15 by cy74

The question might have been put that if Flickers and co are let go by Barnsley can they come back.

Financially is that viable?

Whilst some saw Hilly coming back to Dale so soon as a backward step for him, if Flickers were released at the end of the season it'd be almost unthinkable that he'd want to come back to Dale as a no.2

He's found his feet as a manager in his own right, and I doubt that even Hilly would be that keen on teaming up with him in L2 again, and vice versa.

You're right to mention the financial aspect - it'd be a huge dent in anyone's self esteem if they saw themselves in the pay bracket we could afford after drawing a championship-level managers salary.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hill Interview on BBC site on 18:37 - Mar 15 with 922 viewsolympicdale

Hill Interview on BBC site on 18:29 - Mar 15 by D_Alien

Whilst some saw Hilly coming back to Dale so soon as a backward step for him, if Flickers were released at the end of the season it'd be almost unthinkable that he'd want to come back to Dale as a no.2

He's found his feet as a manager in his own right, and I doubt that even Hilly would be that keen on teaming up with him in L2 again, and vice versa.

You're right to mention the financial aspect - it'd be a huge dent in anyone's self esteem if they saw themselves in the pay bracket we could afford after drawing a championship-level managers salary.

I think It will be more interesting who Hill brings as his number two should he stay, I cant see Flitcroft working as a number two now he's got used to being the main man, having said that I never thought Hill would return.

I wouldnt be disappointed if we saw BBM given a coaching role alongside Hill, he seems to be giving quite a bit of advice to the younger members of the squad, wants to get in to coaching, would not be a bad move if he wants to get into management eventually.

Life is a game of fate.

Flicker isn't going anywhere on 20:58 - Mar 16 with 863 viewsbarnsley1

Hill Interview on BBC site on 18:37 - Mar 15 by olympicdale

I think It will be more interesting who Hill brings as his number two should he stay, I cant see Flitcroft working as a number two now he's got used to being the main man, having said that I never thought Hill would return.

I wouldnt be disappointed if we saw BBM given a coaching role alongside Hill, he seems to be giving quite a bit of advice to the younger members of the squad, wants to get in to coaching, would not be a bad move if he wants to get into management eventually.

Genius.
Hill Interview on BBC site on 21:49 - Mar 16 with 808 viewsmacro

Hill Interview on BBC site on 18:37 - Mar 15 by olympicdale

During today's game bbm was talking to hill in regular occasions
Hill Interview on BBC site on 22:57 - Mar 16 with 774 views49thseason

Hill Interview on BBC site on 17:59 - Mar 14 by nordenblue

He's never tried to write his own contract and rumour has it when Dunphy made the call for Hilly to help out there was never a mention of salary or contract length,this speaks volumes of the man.
I personally believe he's had his fingers burnt with the move to Barnsley,not in a financial sense but i honestly believe he'd take some shifting from Spotland if he was to be offered a decent length contract.The grass isn't always greener as he's found out

I wrote on this forum 2 years ago when a move away from Spotland was first mooted that KH could have a job for life here, similar to Dario Grady at Crewe. He is now older and hopefully wiser and the prospect of a long haul at Rochdale must be preferable to a repeat of the Barnsley fiasco. He is close to home, has much less pressure to contend with, sees more of his family and has already admitted his family have seen an improvement in his demeanour - what's not to like? Providing that he is moderately successful (keeps us in the upper reaches of L2 and above), brings on some exciting new and most of all saleable talent, and manages not to piss off too many people he will gradually improve the infrastructure and with it his salary.
He may never get the fleeting accolades of a Premiership or even Championship manager but he will have cash in the bank at the end of each month, peace of mind and a level of control over a club that few of his managerial peers will ever get. Get the contract out Mr Dunphy and get him to sign it!
Flicker isn't going anywhere on 00:55 - Mar 17 with 734 viewsMass_Debater

Flicker isn't going anywhere on 20:58 - Mar 16 by barnsley1

Genius.

Unlike you.
Hill Interview on BBC site on 15:03 - Mar 17 with 609 viewsfitzochris

An Oldham mate of mine is on the wind up saying Hilly has agreed to join them. Arf.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Hill Interview on BBC site on 20:28 - Mar 17 with 537 viewsBobbyjoe

He needs to have his bluff called, and quick. He's in danger of "saving" the club from relegation, just like Parkin, whilst avoiding any blame should the worst happen. Heads he wins, tails he wins. Come the summer, if Bradford, say, or somesuch, offer to double his salary, he'll have no choice but to go. Offer him two or three years now, make him refuse it.
Hill Interview on BBC site on 20:48 - Mar 17 with 526 viewsR17ALE

Hill Interview on BBC site on 20:28 - Mar 17 by Bobbyjoe

He needs to have his bluff called, and quick. He's in danger of "saving" the club from relegation, just like Parkin, whilst avoiding any blame should the worst happen. Heads he wins, tails he wins. Come the summer, if Bradford, say, or somesuch, offer to double his salary, he'll have no choice but to go. Offer him two or three years now, make him refuse it.

How the hell did you shoehorn Parkin into that post?

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hill Interview on BBC site on 20:54 - Mar 17 with 514 viewsTVOS1907

Hill Interview on BBC site on 20:48 - Mar 17 by R17ALE

How the hell did you shoehorn Parkin into that post?

More importantly, how did he NOT shoe-horn McCourt or Simpson in?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill Interview on BBC site on 21:27 - Mar 17 with 488 viewsBobbyjoe

Hill Interview on BBC site on 20:54 - Mar 17 by TVOS1907

More importantly, how did he NOT shoe-horn McCourt or Simpson in?

Funnily enough, TVOS, I was going to mention how statistically unlikely it is for any manager to achieve promotion. Hill has one (like Barrow, and Simpson two), but I decided against it!
Hill Interview on BBC site on 21:29 - Mar 17 with 482 viewsTVOS1907

Hill Interview on BBC site on 21:27 - Mar 17 by Bobbyjoe

Funnily enough, TVOS, I was going to mention how statistically unlikely it is for any manager to achieve promotion. Hill has one (like Barrow, and Simpson two), but I decided against it!

Just as well.

I'd have found some yings to your yangs.

Shame Barrow's and Simpson's promotions brought pleasure to supporters of other clubs, however.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hill Interview on BBC site on 21:38 - Mar 17 with 469 viewsmacro

Hill Interview on BBC site on 15:03 - Mar 17 by fitzochris

An Oldham mate of mine is on the wind up saying Hilly has agreed to join them. Arf.

Cheeseman has tweeted no one will expect the new manager at Oldham. To be announced tonorrow
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024