Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Game is Off ................... 09:55 - Mar 23 with 3687 views100569

According to the bbc website the game is off due to safety concerns
Game is Off ................... on 09:56 - Mar 23 with 2980 viewsNinco

Why is there nothing on OS?
Game is Off ................... on 09:56 - Mar 23 with 2962 viewsolympicdale

Too cold for the ref.

Life is a game of fate.

Game is Off ................... on 09:56 - Mar 23 with 2957 viewsgeorgedale

Game Off
Game is Off ................... on 09:58 - Mar 23 with 2907 viewsDaleFan7

Game is Off ................... on 09:56 - Mar 23 by Ninco

Why is there nothing on OS?

Do you really need to ask that?
Game is Off ................... on 10:03 - Mar 23 with 2815 viewsNinco

Game is Off ................... on 09:58 - Mar 23 by DaleFan7

Do you really need to ask that?

I know what you mean, but bearing in mind that the Southend fans will already be on their way, this is something that the club should be communicating. We didn't like it when Wycombe kept calling the game off when we were on our way down there.

In the past, the excuse from the club has always been that they only had one person updating the web site, and other clubs had two, and my understanding is that is why a second person was employed. Not made any difference to the number of updates on the OS.
Game is Off ................... on 10:08 - Mar 23 with 2776 views442Dale

Game is Off ................... on 10:03 - Mar 23 by Ninco

I know what you mean, but bearing in mind that the Southend fans will already be on their way, this is something that the club should be communicating. We didn't like it when Wycombe kept calling the game off when we were on our way down there.

In the past, the excuse from the club has always been that they only had one person updating the web site, and other clubs had two, and my understanding is that is why a second person was employed. Not made any difference to the number of updates on the OS.

Again to be fair to the club, they've used twitter this morning.

Like any good business they'll now be assessing how well this went and whether it can be improved in the future. Especially with regards to enquiries on there directly from away fans who are asking for info before travelling.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Game is Off ................... on 10:11 - Mar 23 with 2743 viewsTVOS1907

A second person?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Game is Off ................... on 10:13 - Mar 23 with 2721 viewsYouTubeDale

The thought is that the surrounding areas are too unsafe. Called off at about 9.45, I was at the pitch helping to clear the snow. Only about 5% of snow had been cleared but we were awaiting the meeting of the Health and Safety people.

I would like to know the detailed reasons for the cancellation.

And for the record, yet again there were too few volunteers. Maybe people had already taken the view that it was too bad and already given up and therefore didn't show up.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Login to get fewer ads

Game is Off ................... on 10:17 - Mar 23 with 2675 viewsjudd

Game is Off ................... on 10:13 - Mar 23 by YouTubeDale

The thought is that the surrounding areas are too unsafe. Called off at about 9.45, I was at the pitch helping to clear the snow. Only about 5% of snow had been cleared but we were awaiting the meeting of the Health and Safety people.

And for the record, yet again there were too few volunteers. Maybe people had already taken the view that it was too bad and already given up and therefore didn't show up.

Start putting that removed snow back on - bugger Hornets.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Game is Off ................... on 10:17 - Mar 23 with 2665 viewsDalenet

It will all be melted by 3pm and we will regret the decision as we move nearer to the trap door at 5pm.

It isn't hard in this day and age to pay for a few people to do this work. Volunteers are one thing, but we shouldn't blame them. We have all done it many times before. The club can do the right thing if it chooses to plan to do it. Half a dozen blokes and a mini tractor and the ground, pitch and surrounds can be clear in 5 hours for barely £1000.
Game is Off ................... on 10:19 - Mar 23 with 2652 viewsTalkingSutty

Maybe quite a few couldnt get their cars off the street for the snow. It sounds like the weathers ok around Spotland but thats not the case everywhere else.
Game is Off ................... on 10:21 - Mar 23 with 2636 views442Dale

Your last bit is crucial. My little lad was looking forward to going to help with a shovel this morning, but the uncertainty over what was happening meant we were waiting before heading out (he'd have lasted an hour or so before moaning about the cold and wanting to watch Thundercats).

There was no renewed plea for volunteers first thing with a message that such help would get the game on - this is understandable because the doubt was obviously there about the other areas around the ground. But all they had to do was say to fans was something like "we do need help clearing the pitch still but the game may be in doubt because of other factors like safety". It then allows people to decide if they want to go down straight away or wait. As it was waiting was an option on the info provided and it proved to be a good choice. There's no way I'd want to ensure a Hornets game gets played there tomorrow, for the sake of the pitch.

Game is Off ................... on 10:21 - Mar 23 with 2635 views49thseason

Game still on according to official site (10.20)
Game is Off ................... on 10:22 - Mar 23 with 2632 viewsSuddenLad

The weather conditions weren't a secret, so anyone setting of on their journey would have been aware of the likelihood/possibility of the game being in doubt or at least subject to close scrutiny.

Those years ago at Wycombe we were repeatedly told during the journey south that the game would be on, by contacting the club directly on at least two occasions, the last occasion being within 30 minutes travel of the ground.
Not until we arrived at the ground were we informed that the game was in doubt and then, after the referee took a cursory look at the pitch he called it off. That was inexcusable and entirely preventable. To cap it all, we were then refused access to their social club because we weren't members. Never forgotten.

If the Sarfend fans have set off, I'm genuinely sorry for them, but I doubt that they reached Sandy Lane before finding out.

The club have done everything possible to get the game on and the elements have won. Hardly the fault of anyone at Spotland.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Game is Off ................... on 10:25 - Mar 23 with 2593 viewsTVOS1907

Game is Off ................... on 10:19 - Mar 23 by TalkingSutty

Maybe quite a few couldnt get their cars off the street for the snow. It sounds like the weathers ok around Spotland but thats not the case everywhere else.

Correct.

Watching cars trying to get up and down Shore Road last night and this morning makes me glad I don't have to venture out in mine.

Game is Off ................... on 10:26 - Mar 23 with 2578 viewsTVOS1907

Game is Off ................... on 10:17 - Mar 23 by Dalenet

It will all be melted by 3pm and we will regret the decision as we move nearer to the trap door at 5pm.

It isn't hard in this day and age to pay for a few people to do this work. Volunteers are one thing, but we shouldn't blame them. We have all done it many times before. The club can do the right thing if it chooses to plan to do it. Half a dozen blokes and a mini tractor and the ground, pitch and surrounds can be clear in 5 hours for barely £1000.

There's already six games off in League 2, which could rise as the morning progresses.

Game is Off ................... on 10:28 - Mar 23 with 2558 viewsTVOS1907

Game is Off ................... on 10:22 - Mar 23 by SuddenLad

The weather conditions weren't a secret, so anyone setting of on their journey would have been aware of the likelihood/possibility of the game being in doubt or at least subject to close scrutiny.

Those years ago at Wycombe we were repeatedly told during the journey south that the game would be on, by contacting the club directly on at least two occasions, the last occasion being within 30 minutes travel of the ground.
Not until we arrived at the ground were we informed that the game was in doubt and then, after the referee took a cursory look at the pitch he called it off. That was inexcusable and entirely preventable. To cap it all, we were then refused access to their social club because we weren't members. Never forgotten.

If the Sarfend fans have set off, I'm genuinely sorry for them, but I doubt that they reached Sandy Lane before finding out.

The club have done everything possible to get the game on and the elements have won. Hardly the fault of anyone at Spotland.

Some good points there, SL.

We had the same situation last Saturday; we knew there was an inspection but had to set off.

When further inspections were announced, we had to continue travelling because of the distance involved.

Game is Off ................... on 10:31 - Mar 23 with 2542 viewsDalenet

Game is Off ................... on 10:26 - Mar 23 by TVOS1907

There's already six games off in League 2, which could rise as the morning progresses.

Yes TVOS I am aware. It doesn't mean I am wrong. Few clubs seem to plan to do anything except hope and then plead for volunteers

Just miffed because I have travelled and paid for a hotel room unnecessarily again. No doubt game will be re-arranged to a Tuesday and I won't get there. The season ticket is no longer worth it if we get 2 or 3 games moved each season on top of the fact that we usually have 2 or 3 Tuesday games as well.

Game is Off ................... on 10:35 - Mar 23 with 2525 viewszxcvbnm

Game is Off ................... on 10:08 - Mar 23 by 442Dale

Again to be fair to the club, they've used twitter this morning.

Like any good business they'll now be assessing how well this went and whether it can be improved in the future. Especially with regards to enquiries on there directly from away fans who are asking for info before travelling.

They were beaten to their own updates by Southend poor poor poor

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Game is Off ................... on 10:40 - Mar 23 with 2488 viewsBobbyjoe

Game is Off ................... on 10:31 - Mar 23 by Dalenet

Yes TVOS I am aware. It doesn't mean I am wrong. Few clubs seem to plan to do anything except hope and then plead for volunteers

Just miffed because I have travelled and paid for a hotel room unnecessarily again. No doubt game will be re-arranged to a Tuesday and I won't get there. The season ticket is no longer worth it if we get 2 or 3 games moved each season on top of the fact that we usually have 2 or 3 Tuesday games as well.

I'M Brian!
Game is Off ................... on 10:49 - Mar 23 with 2452 viewsTVOS1907

Game is Off ................... on 10:40 - Mar 23 by Bobbyjoe

I'M Brian!

Never heard you called that before.

Game is Off ................... on 11:47 - Mar 23 with 2312 viewsTalkingSutty

Game is Off ................... on 10:25 - Mar 23 by TVOS1907

Correct.

Watching cars trying to get up and down Shore Road last night and this morning makes me glad I don't have to venture out in mine.

Good day for turning the central heating up and watching Grandstand !!
Game is Off ................... on 11:48 - Mar 23 with 2303 views442Dale

Game is Off ................... on 11:47 - Mar 23 by TalkingSutty

Good day for turning the central heating up and watching Grandstand !!

World of Sport is better.

Game is Off ................... on 11:50 - Mar 23 with 2297 viewsTalkingSutty

Game is Off ................... on 11:48 - Mar 23 by 442Dale

World of Sport is better.

I wonder if Kendo Nagasaki will be on the wresting later ?
Game is Off ................... on 12:08 - Mar 23 with 2252 viewsNinco

Game is Off ................... on 10:11 - Mar 23 by TVOS1907

A second person?

Yes. They brought in that Leighanne to assist Stuart Ashworth because he didn't have enough time to run the shop and the web site.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024