Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More snow on the way, Easter special 20:26 - Mar 24 with 2046 views442Dale

Forecast to get more falling between now and Tuesday and night time temperatures dropping to -3 every night until the game. The Met Office, as always, are subject to change.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/rochdale_forecast_weather.html
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

More snow on the way, Easter special on 20:35 - Mar 24 with 2015 viewsClivert

The only time that I can remember us having a game postponed at such a late stage of the season was the Burnley game(s) in 1992.

We had a backlog of games in April 2001 but I can't remember if any games were called off in late March.
More snow on the way, Easter special on 20:43 - Mar 24 with 1989 views442Dale

More snow on the way, Easter special on 20:35 - Mar 24 by Clivert

The only time that I can remember us having a game postponed at such a late stage of the season was the Burnley game(s) in 1992.

We had a backlog of games in April 2001 but I can't remember if any games were called off in late March.

That Burnley game was April 18th, it absolutely hammered it down and my nan died. Not because of the rain though.

Burnley had a lot of midweek fixtures at he end of that season, but I'm almost certain it was postponed again on a Thursday night after yet more rain. Granada had Rob McCaffrey messing about on the pitch with an umbrella before he headed to Xanadus.

More snow on the way, Easter special on 20:47 - Mar 24 with 1965 viewsClivert

More snow on the way, Easter special on 20:43 - Mar 24 by 442Dale

That Burnley game was April 18th, it absolutely hammered it down and my nan died. Not because of the rain though.

Burnley had a lot of midweek fixtures at he end of that season, but I'm almost certain it was postponed again on a Thursday night after yet more rain. Granada had Rob McCaffrey messing about on the pitch with an umbrella before he headed to Xanadus.

Yeah, seem to remember it being postponed on a Thursday and being played on the Monday after the season officially finished on the Saturday.
More snow on the way, Easter special on 20:56 - Mar 24 with 1952 viewsTVOS1907

Remarkably, my gran's birthday was on 18th April, but not that day because she had already died!

It was rearranged for Thursday 30th April, then postponed again and eventually played on Tuesday 5th May.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

More snow on the way, Easter special on 21:09 - Mar 24 with 1923 viewsClivert

More snow on the way, Easter special on 20:56 - Mar 24 by TVOS1907

Remarkably, my gran's birthday was on 18th April, but not that day because she had already died!

It was rearranged for Thursday 30th April, then postponed again and eventually played on Tuesday 5th May.

A very depressing night that.
More snow on the way, Easter special on 13:27 - Mar 27 with 1641 views442Dale

Any news on the pitch? Are the stands and surrounding areas ok now?

More snow on the way, Easter special on 13:38 - Mar 27 with 1613 viewsmaybee

More snow on the way, Easter special on 13:27 - Mar 27 by 442Dale

As at yesterday, the pitch was fine. Surrounding areas all clear. Covers all down.

Providing we don't get another blizzard, the game should be fine.

* looks outside...sees blizzard!!!
More snow on the way, Easter special on 13:39 - Mar 27 with 1612 viewsdingdangblue

More snow on the way, Easter special on 13:27 - Mar 27 by 442Dale

Snowing pretty heavy now - worse than last Fri/Sat.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

More snow on the way, Easter special on 15:18 - Mar 27 with 1484 viewsgeorgedale

More snow on the way, Easter special on 13:39 - Mar 27 by dingdangblue

Snowing pretty heavy now - worse than last Fri/Sat.

Advised pitch is fine covers still down if you look at the link you put onto the met office it drops to - 2 on Thursday night, light snow will not have any impact on this game and neither will the temp....
More snow on the way, Easter special on 16:15 - Mar 27 with 1383 viewsdingdangblue

More snow on the way, Easter special on 15:18 - Mar 27 by georgedale

Advised pitch is fine covers still down if you look at the link you put onto the met office it drops to - 2 on Thursday night, light snow will not have any impact on this game and neither will the temp....

Shouldn't that have been the case last Sat? Looking at some of the footage from the football league show, lots of games were played in awful conditions. Our game against Shrews in the promotion season was played in awful conditions. It all boils down to if the clubs/referee really want the game on and are willing to play.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

More snow on the way, Easter special on 16:36 - Mar 27 with 1339 viewsfermin

More snow on the way, Easter special on 16:15 - Mar 27 by dingdangblue

Shouldn't that have been the case last Sat? Looking at some of the footage from the football league show, lots of games were played in awful conditions. Our game against Shrews in the promotion season was played in awful conditions. It all boils down to if the clubs/referee really want the game on and are willing to play.

How about this one in the USA, for example:

I hope it is on - I do not want another wasted day in Manchester like last Saturday.
More snow on the way, Easter special on 17:21 - Mar 27 with 1281 viewsdalefertcup2

That game v Shrews Dec 09 had a fantastic atmosphere. Felt like it was back in the 1970s - all it missed was Woodbine smoke drifting out of the Sandy.
More snow on the way, Easter special on 17:40 - Mar 27 with 1256 viewsmacro

It was the drifting snow in the gangways which causes the pp not the pitch
More snow on the way, Easter special on 17:49 - Mar 27 with 1239 viewsolympicdale

More snow on the way, Easter special on 17:40 - Mar 27 by macro

It was the drifting snow in the gangways which causes the pp not the pitch

gangways star? annoyingly catchy pop song.

Life is a game of fate.

More snow on the way, Easter special on 19:09 - Mar 27 with 1156 viewsClivert

Blizzard conditions over the last couple of days but none of it has stuck, my guess will be that daytime temperatures will be enough to make sure the game isn't in any doubt.
More snow on the way, Easter special on 19:40 - Mar 27 with 1119 viewsdancdale

Death certificate said American football blow to head exacerbated by stair-lift denial.
More snow on the way, Easter special on 19:51 - Mar 27 with 1104 views442Dale

More snow on the way, Easter special on 19:40 - Mar 27 by dancdale

Death certificate said American football blow to head exacerbated by stair-lift denial.

At least Alan Reeves turned out for the funeral.

Esculator carnage is a worse way to go.

More snow on the way, Easter special on 08:34 - Mar 28 with 1000 viewsaleanddale

well if tomorrow ( Good Friday ) is like today - Thursday there should be little issue with the game.

winds dropping too so maybe we have seen the worse.

Lets just have a really good vocal turn out tomorrow - 3 points so i can enjoy the rest of the Easter break!!!

3 points tomorrow please - a massive chance for the players to deliver!!.
More snow on the way, Easter special on 13:02 - Mar 28 with 911 viewsTalkingSutty

More snow on the way, Easter special on 08:34 - Mar 28 by aleanddale

well if tomorrow ( Good Friday ) is like today - Thursday there should be little issue with the game.

winds dropping too so maybe we have seen the worse.

Lets just have a really good vocal turn out tomorrow - 3 points so i can enjoy the rest of the Easter break!!!

3 points tomorrow please - a massive chance for the players to deliver!!.

I know what you mean but we have been at this junction a few times this season when its come to important home games and the players have crashed and burned, lets hope for something better tomorrow.

Sorry if i dont sound very optimistic but this team always seem to find a way of making things difficult for themselves. If we start the game in the right manner and put them on the back foot i fancy us, but who knows what will happen.

Its about character and leadership and making the right decisions and i think we have been devoid of all three components for a long time.

If i was playing i would be thinking "We can more or less secure our football league status today if we just go that extra mile and not give the opposition a inch".

I sometimes wonder how much the players actually care.
More snow on the way, Easter special on 13:16 - Mar 28 with 893 viewsmaybee

More snow on the way, Easter special on 13:02 - Mar 28 by TalkingSutty

I know what you mean but we have been at this junction a few times this season when its come to important home games and the players have crashed and burned, lets hope for something better tomorrow.

Sorry if i dont sound very optimistic but this team always seem to find a way of making things difficult for themselves. If we start the game in the right manner and put them on the back foot i fancy us, but who knows what will happen.

Its about character and leadership and making the right decisions and i think we have been devoid of all three components for a long time.

If i was playing i would be thinking "We can more or less secure our football league status today if we just go that extra mile and not give the opposition a inch".

I sometimes wonder how much the players actually care.

Don't be surprised if there is a larger than usual away following tomorrow.
Aldershot have designated this as their "Tour of Duty" game, and have had a campaign to encourage fans to travel.
Word on their messageboard is that they expect between 4-500 to travel.
Anything over 250 would be a good effort.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024