Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale POTY. 22:10 - Apr 4 with 5837 viewssweetcorn

Saw the thread on the football forum, figured we may aswel debate it on here, with only 5 games left, don't think anyone is going to change the outcome.

My vote has to go to Bobby Grant, Although he's missed alot of games through suspension and has some questions hanging over his head with the whole Dagenham debacle, he has been a class act, he's our teams talisman (Can only think of the torquay game where we've won without him), top scorer and a constant danger, would walk into any team in this division and has genuine quality.

Can't really think of anyone to have run him close, its been another disappointing season, tutte looked as though he'd threaten, but he's lost form and looked poor, Phil Edwards has had a classy end to the season, but his form was too poor early on in the season to be considered.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Rochdale POTY. on 14:30 - Apr 5 with 1621 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Rochdale POTY. on 13:42 - Apr 5 by D_Alien

I agree, and when it looked like he might be moving to Bradford under Coleman, he publicly said how happy he was playing at Dale.

He deserves the recognition for his work over the past 3/4 seasons.

JK just for what he has done and he is the last bastian of how things were. I feel this will be his last season, so a fitting way to say thank you.

Splitting the season into 4, the winners to share it would be :-

Tutte, Grant, Cav and George.

Without George's endevour and commitment for the cause over the past 2 months, I really think we would have been on a sticky wicket with many of Coleman's signings and our 'superstars' not giving two hoots for the club.

Cav, KMac. Edwards deserve credit for their professionalism.

JK, JT, RB and George for being on Hilly's side.

Hendo, Grant, Lillis and SCS for being decent players and doing their bit.

On the flip side Gornell, Tutte, Grimes should hang their head in shame.

The rest sadly are simply not good enough and will be lucky to play in the Conf!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Rochdale POTY. on 14:44 - Apr 5 with 1608 viewsdalenumber2

Definitely JK for me - no way would I give it to Grant as his behaviour doesn't warrant it, even if he is cleared of the racism charge. Kennedy has been consistent, reliable and a good team player (can't remember any petulance from him even under Coleman). I can't understand anyone thinking he has been poor this season - or Lillis for that matter.
Rochdale POTY. on 14:52 - Apr 5 with 1593 viewsnordenblue

Rochdale POTY. on 14:44 - Apr 5 by dalenumber2

Definitely JK for me - no way would I give it to Grant as his behaviour doesn't warrant it, even if he is cleared of the racism charge. Kennedy has been consistent, reliable and a good team player (can't remember any petulance from him even under Coleman). I can't understand anyone thinking he has been poor this season - or Lillis for that matter.

Is this a wind up about Lillis ?He's been at fault for many of our goals this season,admittedly he's upped his game since Hilly arrived(and needed to) but for two thirds of the season he's been very poor.
Talent wise and crucial goals id have to say Grant but for a quiet and get on with the job every week its JK with ease,model pro since the day he walked through the door
Rochdale POTY. on 14:58 - Apr 5 with 1583 viewsDaley_Lama

Hobsons Choice.

Phil Edwards for me.

Early on he filled in for the injured Kav in the midfield holding role dutifully and adequately as we surged up the table.

Then he became a bench warmer for a while as Cav resumed his role and Ryan Edwards/Reece Bennett assumed the CH roles.

He popped in and out at CH and then at FB with no real distinction during the troubled times but once Coleman was gone, Bennett moved to FB and R Edwards returned to his parent club, he was firmly ensconced in the CH position, his natural position.

Our best defending this season has been with SCS/Phil Edwards at the back and in the last few games when bums have been twitching he has been very solid indeed.

It was always going to be tough to choose one this season, nobody has stood out in any way apart from the odd purple patch from Tutte, Grant and most very recently Donnelly.

Poll: DF in or out

Rochdale POTY. on 15:14 - Apr 5 with 1557 viewsTalkingSutty

Rochdale POTY. on 14:58 - Apr 5 by Daley_Lama

Hobsons Choice.

Phil Edwards for me.

Early on he filled in for the injured Kav in the midfield holding role dutifully and adequately as we surged up the table.

Then he became a bench warmer for a while as Cav resumed his role and Ryan Edwards/Reece Bennett assumed the CH roles.

He popped in and out at CH and then at FB with no real distinction during the troubled times but once Coleman was gone, Bennett moved to FB and R Edwards returned to his parent club, he was firmly ensconced in the CH position, his natural position.

Our best defending this season has been with SCS/Phil Edwards at the back and in the last few games when bums have been twitching he has been very solid indeed.

It was always going to be tough to choose one this season, nobody has stood out in any way apart from the odd purple patch from Tutte, Grant and most very recently Donnelly.

JK for me, he does the simple things well. I would love to sit down with him and have a in depth conversation regarding the ins and out of the last two seasons. Hats off to him for sticking with the club.
Rochdale POTY. on 15:20 - Apr 5 with 1545 viewsSalwaDale

Rochdale POTY. on 15:14 - Apr 5 by TalkingSutty

JK for me, he does the simple things well. I would love to sit down with him and have a in depth conversation regarding the ins and out of the last two seasons. Hats off to him for sticking with the club.

Would love to see him still here next season.

I don't think he has been that good this season though, as we've not seen the best of him. I just hope he wants another crack at life under Hill.

TBBT

Rochdale POTY. on 16:57 - Apr 5 with 1504 viewsStAnnesDale

Can surely only be Grant. OK he has missed matches through suspension and has lost his edge of late due I think to him trying to ensure he does not get a booking which brings suspension, but for the large part of the season it was his goals and general goal threat that was our only hope. Without him I think we would be looking at relegation already

Tutte has not had a bad season but not creative enough when playing centrally to get POTY I am one of his bigger critics as I think he could be a lot better than he is, but I would always prefer him to be in the side than not due to his mobility and has scored a few this season. Don't think Kennedy has done enough for POTY.

Not sure anyone else has shown enough quality or consistency this season. Donnelly and Edwards have done betterl under Hill. In Donnelly's case I think this is helped by him playing as the central striker. Has always looked better there than out wide as part of a 3 to me. Despite his lack of height Edwards is a central defender for me rather than a fullback. He should never play central midfield as was tried earlier in the season.
Rochdale POTY. on 17:15 - Apr 5 with 1494 viewsdalenumber2

Rochdale POTY. on 14:52 - Apr 5 by nordenblue

Is this a wind up about Lillis ?He's been at fault for many of our goals this season,admittedly he's upped his game since Hilly arrived(and needed to) but for two thirds of the season he's been very poor.
Talent wise and crucial goals id have to say Grant but for a quiet and get on with the job every week its JK with ease,model pro since the day he walked through the door

I didn't say that Lillis was a contender for POTY but I don't think he has had a 'poor season'. Some of his tactics under Coleman (such as putting the ball out to the nearest defender) didn't do much for his reputation, but he has pulled off some great saves. Ok he has also made errors however some of these have been not been helped by a poor defense in my opinion. He has remained first choice gk for a reason, I think.
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale POTY. on 17:34 - Apr 5 with 1485 viewsNotEyreClue

Rochdale POTY. on 17:15 - Apr 5 by dalenumber2

I didn't say that Lillis was a contender for POTY but I don't think he has had a 'poor season'. Some of his tactics under Coleman (such as putting the ball out to the nearest defender) didn't do much for his reputation, but he has pulled off some great saves. Ok he has also made errors however some of these have been not been helped by a poor defense in my opinion. He has remained first choice gk for a reason, I think.

Lillis can't ever be faulted for his shot stopping ability, I'll agree with that much. He's one of the best shot stoppers I've ever seen for a lower league keeper. His decision making is horrendous though and it's cost us a few times this season. I suspect people think he's been worse than he has due to the expectation surrounding his signing because let's face it, he was immense for us here in his first spell. I suspect the reason he's never been dropped is because Coleman signed him and so was probably too stubborn to do so and KH has seen the best of him in the past and knows what he's capable of.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Rochdale POTY. on 18:15 - Apr 5 with 1462 viewsnordenblue

Rochdale POTY. on 17:15 - Apr 5 by dalenumber2

You said he'd not had a bad season,i totally disagree as i think at times he's cost us games nevermind goals!!To blame the defence for his personal errors doesn't hold water either,as a keeper if you're not claiming run of the mill catches or being caught miles off your line regularly im afraid sometimes you have to just hold your hands up for being at fault.The only reason he's stayed in the team i think was answered perfectly in the post above.Credit where its due he's made a couple of blinding saves I've seen in the last couple of games.
Rochdale POTY. on 18:34 - Apr 5 with 1452 viewsStudiousDale

Rochdale POTY. on 18:15 - Apr 5 by nordenblue

You said he'd not had a bad season,i totally disagree as i think at times he's cost us games nevermind goals!!To blame the defence for his personal errors doesn't hold water either,as a keeper if you're not claiming run of the mill catches or being caught miles off your line regularly im afraid sometimes you have to just hold your hands up for being at fault.The only reason he's stayed in the team i think was answered perfectly in the post above.Credit where its due he's made a couple of blinding saves I've seen in the last couple of games.

I agree more with you NordenBlue. Will be interesting who's number 1 next year, wouldn't be surprised if Hill brings in a young loan keeper like he has done with success in the past.
Rochdale POTY. on 18:53 - Apr 5 with 1442 viewsfinberty

Rochdale POTY. on 12:13 - Apr 5 by sandylaner1

true dat, his passing can be very bad as well

didn't he play in centre midfield last season for accy???

ha yeah after that barnsley game i'm quoted as saying cav looks better than jonah

but what possess people to shout at the top of their voice stuff like ' GET THAT BALD D1CK OFF NAAAOOOWWW' i really don't know

When did Dickov turn out?

And how long's he been bald?
Rochdale POTY. (n/t) on 19:09 - Apr 5 with 1432 viewsLongTimeDaleFan

Rochdale POTY. on 19:12 - Apr 5 with 1428 viewsLongTimeDaleFan

I think Edwards has been reliable for most of the season when played in the correct place. He is fast and reads the game well. He has my vote
Rochdale POTY. on 21:26 - Apr 5 with 1382 viewsmizfit

Jesus I didn't think the JK bumboys could get worse after last season

He has been nowhere near as good as he was last season and at times this season I don't even realise he's even playing
POTY for me should be the player who has made a significant impact and telling contribution
For me it's bobby grant, when gets the ball the fans know something awesome has the potential to happen, scored plenty of goals including some pearlers

But if u want a player who is the master of the 2 yard pass who goes missing in games then ill pick jk
Rochdale POTY. on 22:11 - Apr 5 with 1330 viewssweetcorn

Rochdale POTY. on 18:53 - Apr 5 by finberty

When did Dickov turn out?

And how long's he been bald?

The comedy genius is strong.

Sandylaner, blair must never step foot on the same pitch as me again.

Rochdale POTY. on 23:43 - Apr 5 with 1314 viewsolympicdale

Rochdale POTY. on 14:30 - Apr 5 by SteTsGoldenBoot

JK just for what he has done and he is the last bastian of how things were. I feel this will be his last season, so a fitting way to say thank you.

Splitting the season into 4, the winners to share it would be :-

Tutte, Grant, Cav and George.

Without George's endevour and commitment for the cause over the past 2 months, I really think we would have been on a sticky wicket with many of Coleman's signings and our 'superstars' not giving two hoots for the club.

Cav, KMac. Edwards deserve credit for their professionalism.

JK, JT, RB and George for being on Hilly's side.

Hendo, Grant, Lillis and SCS for being decent players and doing their bit.

On the flip side Gornell, Tutte, Grimes should hang their head in shame.

The rest sadly are simply not good enough and will be lucky to play in the Conf!

I think that getting SCS and Edwards signed up for next season is one of the biggest priorities. Ive been surprised how well theyve performed together, and having a defence you can rely on is paramount to any team being successful, theyre both not what you'd call flash players, but theyve been great as a pair, and I would like to see them at the heart of our back 4 next term.

I would love to see Hendo kept, but doubt we could afford him, he's shown his class in a relatively short space of time and could get the best out of Georgie/Grant.

Back on topic, I still stand by the fact that without Grants goals we would be deep in the shite, while I agree that his on the field antics have been at times, diplorable, I have to give the award to him based on his goals, and link up play. POTY is always based on contribution to the team, and I cant think of anyone else that has helped the team more than Grant. JK has always been a consistant performer in the 4 years he's been here, in the crap we witnessed last year, of players pulling out of challenges left right an centre, JK never disappointed, that shows what kind of player he is, will be a huge loss, more than some people may think.

Life is a game of fate.

Rochdale POTY. on 23:51 - Apr 5 with 1307 viewssweetcorn

Rochdale POTY. on 23:43 - Apr 5 by olympicdale

I think that getting SCS and Edwards signed up for next season is one of the biggest priorities. Ive been surprised how well theyve performed together, and having a defence you can rely on is paramount to any team being successful, theyre both not what you'd call flash players, but theyve been great as a pair, and I would like to see them at the heart of our back 4 next term.

I would love to see Hendo kept, but doubt we could afford him, he's shown his class in a relatively short space of time and could get the best out of Georgie/Grant.

Back on topic, I still stand by the fact that without Grants goals we would be deep in the shite, while I agree that his on the field antics have been at times, diplorable, I have to give the award to him based on his goals, and link up play. POTY is always based on contribution to the team, and I cant think of anyone else that has helped the team more than Grant. JK has always been a consistant performer in the 4 years he's been here, in the crap we witnessed last year, of players pulling out of challenges left right an centre, JK never disappointed, that shows what kind of player he is, will be a huge loss, more than some people may think.

Playinhg devils advocate here..

Could you not argue also that Bobby's lack of discipline is as equal a reason as to why we are where we are, the stats speak for themselves and our win ratio is much higher with him in that starting 11. So had bobby been available for the games he missed, maybe we'd have picked up far more points and been pushing them play-off spots.

Rochdale POTY. on 00:09 - Apr 6 with 1296 viewsblakeyj

Grant for me followed by edwards
Kennedy has had a quiet season i would say
YPOTY rhys bennet with rafferty runner up
Rochdale POTY. on 00:26 - Apr 6 with 1290 viewsNotEyreClue

Rochdale POTY. on 23:51 - Apr 5 by sweetcorn

Could you not argue also that Bobby's lack of discipline is as equal a reason as to why we are where we are, the stats speak for themselves and our win ratio is much higher with him in that starting 11. So had bobby been available for the games he missed, maybe we'd have picked up far more points and been pushing them play-off spots.

Another question is, had Bobby behaved throughout the season like he is doing now, would we have seen as good a contribution from him in terms of goals/general play?

Is his 'edge' both his strength and weakness?

Who knows..

At least we have Donnelly now for when Bobby's having a bit of an off day, a more than adequate replacement I'm sure you'll agree!

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Rochdale POTY. on 00:40 - Apr 6 with 1283 viewsolympicdale

Rochdale POTY. on 23:51 - Apr 5 by sweetcorn

Yes there is an argument to counteract, that had Grant completed more games we could have been pushing higher up the table. Having said that, it is a team game, and it shouldn't be put on Grant why we're where we are, so many have underperformed this year, or not performed at all.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024