Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tory Toff 23:18 - May 5 with 4237 viewsThreeLions

Michael Portillo maggies mate was filming in Rochdale today, he had that old book about the railways with him, he wasnt made welcome by some and told to get lost.
Tory Toff on 23:30 - May 5 with 4212 viewsroccydaleian

Portillo Makes good programme's. Get over your Tory prejudice, and get on with your life you sad old git.
Tory Toff on 23:43 - May 5 with 4163 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Probably those that feel threatened by folk who can read.

Tory Toff on 00:12 - May 6 with 4120 viewsKenBoon

That's a shame. His railway programme is good telly. He went to Castleton once (said it posh and everything).
Tory Toff on 00:49 - May 6 with 4095 viewsdribdrab

Met him a few times with work
Always seemed a decent guy, toff or not.
A pretty astute man really, He gave up leadership ambitions a good few years ago to work in media.
He might have been a good leader.

He is certainly good at media. The chemistry between him an Diane Abbott has always brightened a Thursday night and he knocks out some good tv shows.

He also does a lot on Radio Four, all of it top quality.

Unlike some he has the ability to put aside his political objections and approaches his work with true objectivity, which is a trait I have seen decline rapidly since Margeret Thatcher's death!
Tory Toff on 09:31 - May 6 with 3980 viewsSuddenLad

Tory Toff on 00:49 - May 6 by dribdrab

A pretty astute man really, He gave up leadership ambitions a good few years ago to work in media.

He is certainly good at media. The chemistry between him an Diane Abbott has always brightened a Thursday night and he knocks out some good tv shows.

Unlike some he has the ability to put aside his political objections and approaches his work with true objectivity, which is a trait I have seen decline rapidly since Margeret Thatcher's death!

It's typical of the numbskull morons in this town to show themselves and the town in a poor light.

The railway series presented by Michael Portillo has been fascinating stuff and very interesting from a historical point of view. I look forward to seeing it. If the town wasn't worth visiting, he wouldn't have been here.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Tory Toff on 09:37 - May 6 with 3972 viewsdalenumber2

Tory Toff on 00:49 - May 6 by dribdrab

Spot on that. I am no Tory but I have a lot of time for Portillo and enjoy his programmes.
Tory Toff on 10:11 - May 6 with 3938 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

He got similar numbskull comments in Warrington last week.
Tory Toff on 10:19 - May 6 with 3918 viewsD_Alien

"No-one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

Eleanor Roosevelt.

Wise words

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Tory Toff on 10:22 - May 6 with 3910 viewsR17ALE

Tory Toff on 10:11 - May 6 by Albert_Whitehurst

He got similar numbskull comments in Warrington last week.

It's obviously a Rugby League thing then!

I enjoy his tv work, though although he does mince about a little bit too much at times!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Tory Toff on 10:30 - May 6 with 3899 viewsBartRowou

He likes the odd pun does Mr P:

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Tory Toff on 10:40 - May 6 with 3885 viewsdownunder

Thanks 3L for bringing it to my attention. Always fascinated by railway history, probably due to being born a feww hundred yards from Rochdale station. I will ask my friend to get these DVD's and bring them out with him on his next trip.
The New Zealand equivalent is Marcus Lush. Definitely not a toff.

http://shop.tvnz.co.nz/off-the-rails/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024