Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marlon Harewood 17:40 - May 23 with 8483 viewsdale1996

He has appeared twice on our favourite transfer rumours site today. Do we think there's any chance of this? Would we want him at the club? I would definitely want him at the club despite his age. I just wondered what everyone else though?
Marlon Harewood on 17:44 - May 23 with 4558 views442Dale

He's a great bloke for team spirit. Wages would be too much.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Marlon Harewood on 17:46 - May 23 with 4524 viewsWhiteyBFC

I think most BFC fans were disappointed when he was released, but can see the reasoning behind it if we get COGba.

Marlon would be unplayable at that level.

Not sure if he gets on with Keith, though. He hardly played him.
Marlon Harewood on 17:47 - May 23 with 4513 views442Dale

Marlon Harewood on 17:46 - May 23 by WhiteyBFC

I think most BFC fans were disappointed when he was released, but can see the reasoning behind it if we get COGba.

Neither did Flicker later on in the season, but he seemed happy enough.

Marlon Harewood on 17:55 - May 23 with 4487 viewsSuddenLad

Marlon Harewood on 17:46 - May 23 by WhiteyBFC

Probably because he isn't any longer able to compete effectively at Championship level , save for the odd appearance from the bench or in Cup matches.

He might be a terrific asset for us at League Two if the wages aren't too astronomical. He should realise anyway that he won't be moving UP the football ladder, so he needs to be realistic wherever his next move takes him.

Or at least his AGENT needs to be realistic. Suppose it depends on whether he is a fan of KH for starters or whether his former Tyke/Dale colleagues have 'recommended' us to him........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Marlon Harewood on 17:58 - May 23 with 4476 viewsMoonyDale

Sorry but at 33 he is way to old, not a very forward looking move if you ask me..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Marlon Harewood on 18:29 - May 23 with 4406 viewsD_Dale

Marlon Harewood on 17:58 - May 23 by MoonyDale

Sorry but at 33 he is way to old, not a very forward looking move if you ask me..

Agreed. He is about 4 years younger than Dele Adebola, but for both you have to go back several seasons to find consistent goal-scoring. In the last few seasons apparently a case of moving from club to club, often appearing as a sub and rarely hitting the net (Harewood managed 2 goals in 32 games (15 as sub) for the Tykes). But KH will know him vastly better than we do.
Marlon Harewood on 18:32 - May 23 with 4379 viewsolympicdale

Marlon Harewood on 17:58 - May 23 by MoonyDale

agreed, and he would probably be one of our highest earners, it seems yonks ago since he had a decent spell anywhere.

Life is a game of fate.

Marlon Harewood on 18:39 - May 23 with 4354 viewsBartRowou

Tony Ellis was 34 when he started at Dale and we got a couple of decent seasons out of him. I really don't think Harewood would come to Dale but I wouldn't let his age get in the way if there was a chance.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Login to get fewer ads

Marlon Harewood on 19:05 - May 23 with 4279 viewsPops2

More chance of signing Marlon from Emmerdale.
Marlon Harewood on 19:27 - May 23 with 4229 viewsShun

I'd be very pleased but can't see any chance of it.
Marlon Harewood on 20:58 - May 23 with 4089 viewsfitzochris

Sometimes I have to laugh at how we perceive ourselves.

There are several League One clubs would take Marlon Harewood before we got anywhere near him... And we're turning our noses up?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Marlon Harewood on 21:19 - May 23 with 4060 viewsWhiteyBFC

Marlon Harewood on 17:47 - May 23 by 442Dale

Neither did Flicker later on in the season, but he seemed happy enough.

Good point.
Marlon Harewood on 21:22 - May 23 with 4054 viewsWhiteyBFC

Marlon Harewood on 18:29 - May 23 by D_Dale

Agreed. He is about 4 years younger than Dele Adebola, but for both you have to go back several seasons to find consistent goal-scoring. In the last few seasons apparently a case of moving from club to club, often appearing as a sub and rarely hitting the net (Harewood managed 2 goals in 32 games (15 as sub) for the Tykes). But KH will know him vastly better than we do.

His goalscoring record wasn't great this season, but he was key to our early form under Flicker, and key to so many of Daggers' goals.

Marlon brings so much more to the table than goals. And fitness isn't an issue. He was only dropped/used sparingly because basically COG is unplayable on his day.

Marlon would be unplayable at your level. And score goals.

He's also a wealthy bloke, so don't see him asking for silly money. But on the face of it, Dale need other positions strengthening don't they?

Centre half from what I saw at York, and going off the opinions amongst you lot on here...?
Marlon Harewood on 21:23 - May 23 with 4054 viewsWhiteyBFC

Marlon Harewood on 18:29 - May 23 by D_Dale

His goalscoring record wasn't great this season, but he was key to our early form under Flicker, and key to so many of Daggers' goals.

Marlon brings so much more to the table than goals. And fitness isn't an issue. He was only dropped/used sparingly because basically COG is unplayable on his day.

He's also a wealthy bloke, so don't see him asking for silly money. But on the face of it, Dale need other positions strengthening don't they?

Centre half from what I saw at York, and going off the opinions amongst you lot on here...?
Marlon Harewood on 21:27 - May 23 with 4043 viewsColDale

Marlon Harewood on 21:23 - May 23 by WhiteyBFC

we do need a centre half, but York away was 0-0 where the home team didn't even have a shot until injury time.
Marlon Harewood on 21:30 - May 23 with 4032 views442Dale

Marlon Harewood on 21:23 - May 23 by WhiteyBFC

Have you been sneaking into our games without checking if it's ok first?

Marlon Harewood on 21:58 - May 23 with 3980 viewsWhiteyBFC

Marlon Harewood on 21:27 - May 23 by ColDale

we do need a centre half, but York away was 0-0 where the home team didn't even have a shot until injury time.

The centre halves looked gash. But I take your point.

Marlon Harewood on 22:00 - May 23 with 3976 viewsWhiteyBFC

Marlon Harewood on 21:30 - May 23 by 442Dale

Have you been sneaking into our games without checking if it's ok first?

Told you before I did York.

Be doing a fair few next season, so long as the fixture list is kind.
Marlon Harewood on 22:20 - May 23 with 3940 views442Dale

Marlon Harewood on 22:00 - May 23 by WhiteyBFC

Away or at Dale? Edit. Just read post above. The CHs were fine that night.

Please ensure further applications to attend games cross my desk with a Bobby Hassell signed photo.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Marlon Harewood on 22:27 - May 23 with 3914 viewsTVOS1907

Did you have a trouble-free journey home from York?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Marlon Harewood on 22:45 - May 23 with 3878 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Make sure you come to our HOME games Whitey Lad,we need you dosh to pay Keeef's salary.

Sod the away days.

Anyway,you're family at San Spotty now.
Marlon Harewood on 00:02 - May 24 with 3818 viewsWhiteyBFC

Marlon Harewood on 22:27 - May 23 by TVOS1907

Did you have a trouble-free journey home from York?

Stayed overnight, got very very drunk. Keith has that effect.
Marlon Harewood on 00:04 - May 24 with 3816 viewsWhiteyBFC

Marlon Harewood on 22:45 - May 23 by Yorkshire_Dale

Make sure you come to our HOME games Whitey Lad,we need you dosh to pay Keeef's salary.

Sod the away days.

Anyway,you're family at San Spotty now.

It will be games at Spotland I hope. I enjoyed the place last Summer, and the locals in the pub down the winding road were very welcoming.
Marlon Harewood on 22:12 - May 25 with 3398 viewsRockerdale97

Dont rule this out. Thats all im saying.
Marlon Harewood on 22:31 - May 25 with 3377 viewsAtThePeake

Marlon Harewood on 22:12 - May 25 by Rockerdale97

Dont rule this out. Thats all im saying.

Let me be the first to call bull.

Anyone who wouldn't be happy about signing Harewood on the premise of his poor goalscoring record over recent years is a bit naive I think. Don't compare him to Adebola. Adebola was four years older, whereas Harewood also has experience at a higher level.

He'd be great, but I can't see it happening.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024