Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jk to Bradford 12:46 - Jul 2 with 13223 viewssuc

Official on Sky news
Jk to Bradford on 20:23 - Jul 2 with 1858 views442Dale

Jk to Bradford on 20:21 - Jul 2 by mizfit

Relegation season akpa akpro
Last season bobby grant or tutte

Agree that Kennedy was far from excellent. But those named were 7/10 at best too.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jk to Bradford on 20:24 - Jul 2 with 1847 viewsmizfit

Jk to Bradford on 20:19 - Jul 2 by ColDale

I don't think there's been a single post of outrage at Grimes going to Bury.

One of the key players in the best period in the club's history should be thanked for his time. I agree that he probably got Player of the Season at times where he wasn't always our best player, but it shows the level of respect that supporters have for someone they deem to be an honest, hard working player at a time when those attributes haven't always been in abundance.

There's plenty of animosity towards grimes col, bit on here, bit on Facebook and twitter
I know a few people who are close to grimes, people on here said he hated the club etc. He didn't, he was Willing to stay as his wife was settled in the area and wanted to fight for his place
Jk to Bradford on 20:24 - Jul 2 with 1847 viewsSuddenLad

Jk to Bradford on 20:14 - Jul 2 by mizfit

My issue isn't with jk it's with the fans who for the past few years think the sun shines out of his arse. Every time he had a bad game people would say he was awesome when we has poor yet when others played on same level as him would be sent to the dogs (cav, joey t)
Wins player of the year 2 years running when personally there was better players both years.
Grimes went bury for similar reasons as his wife wouldn't move I know bury are rivals but its same circumstances as jk with the exction of dale threw grimes out

Bolloxx.

Grimes went to bURY because Keith Hill released him. He didn't want him at Spotland and effectively gave him the push. He was without a club and rightly wasn't offered a deal

JK was wanted by Keith Hill who made no secret of the fact. The rest is history.

Trying to compare the reasons for Grimes departure and that of JK is about as stupid as comparing one player with the other. No comparison in either effort, commitment, pride or performances.

We won't miss Grimes one jot, but JK will be a very hard act to follow.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jk to Bradford on 20:25 - Jul 2 with 1844 viewsmizfit

Jk to Bradford on 20:24 - Jul 2 by SuddenLad

Bolloxx.

Grimes went to bURY because Keith Hill released him. He didn't want him at Spotland and effectively gave him the push. He was without a club and rightly wasn't offered a deal

JK was wanted by Keith Hill who made no secret of the fact. The rest is history.

Trying to compare the reasons for Grimes departure and that of JK is about as stupid as comparing one player with the other. No comparison in either effort, commitment, pride or performances.

We won't miss Grimes one jot, but JK will be a very hard act to follow.

U missed the point sudden lad I was saying grimes only signed for bury for family reasons
Jk to Bradford on 20:32 - Jul 2 with 1827 viewsColDale

Jk to Bradford on 20:24 - Jul 2 by mizfit

There's plenty of animosity towards grimes col, bit on here, bit on Facebook and twitter
I know a few people who are close to grimes, people on here said he hated the club etc. He didn't, he was Willing to stay as his wife was settled in the area and wanted to fight for his place

there's no animosity on here because of him signing for Bury though. There's disappointment in a player with all the talent needed, yet has not performed except in 2 or 3 game spells. There's disgust at some of the petulance he has shown (Wrexham, Crewe, Burton, Fleetwood etc). But most of all he is a player who has arguably more talent than someone like Chris Dagall. But there's absolutely no comparison between the two. Grimes' choice of new club was irrelevant (other than the certainty of him scoring against us next season)
Jk to Bradford on 20:37 - Jul 2 with 1806 views442Dale

Jk to Bradford on 20:25 - Jul 2 by mizfit

U missed the point sudden lad I was saying grimes only signed for bury for family reasons

But Kennedy had the choice to progress his career as well as move location wise.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jk to Bradford on 20:43 - Jul 2 with 1788 viewsTVOS1907

Jk to Bradford on 19:15 - Jul 2 by 442Dale

But that would be closer. And it won't be the only reason he moved; bigger club, maybe a slightly better wage and crucially L1 football.

What should he have done differently?

And the prospect of playing in front of five-figure crowds at every home game.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Jk to Bradford on 20:47 - Jul 2 with 1775 viewsTVOS1907

Jk to Bradford on 20:13 - Jul 2 by 442Dale

There's a story on Bradford's site about how they're back in training at a facility called Apperley Bridge. Quick check on Google Maps reveals this is to the north east of the city right next to the A658, which joins the A59 Harrogate turn off from the A1.

Kennedy need go nowhere near the M62 and the half hour saved each way (as per Google) is likely to be a lot more avoiding that stretch of motorway.

Correct.

R17ALE will be able to give you details of that journey and area to the minutest detail, but it's not that far from the A1, having passed Leeds/Bradford Airport en-route.

In fact, it's probably closer to the A1 than the M62.

Login to get fewer ads

Jk to Bradford on 20:48 - Jul 2 with 1775 viewsRalphs12

But there is a big difference between the two... Grimes was in flashes (sadly for him and us) a quality player the cup game vs bury first half he was unplayable. JK on the other hand has put his all into the club for more years than grimes and was also a big part of the team that saw us get promoted.

I hope both do well as I'd quite like grimes to use some of his obvious potential, I really liked watching him play, when he wasn't in one of those daft moods, I'd like to see just how far in the game he could go. I'd also like to see how far JK can go up the leagues and wish him all the best.

Did daggers run down his contract btw? I seem to remember being annoyed with him for that

But there is a big difference between the two... Grimes was in flashes (sadly for him and us) a quality player the cup game vs bury first half he was unplayable. JK on the other hand has put his all into the club for more years than grimes and was also a big part of the team that saw us get promoted.

I hope both do well as I'd quite like grimes to use some of his obvious potential, I really liked watching him play, when he wasn't in one of those daft moods, I'd like to see just how far in the game he could go. I'd also like to see how far JK can go up the leagues and wish him all the best.

Did daggers run down his contract btw? I seem to remember being annoyed with him for that

Jk to Bradford on 20:48 - Jul 2 with 1770 viewsTVOS1907

Jk to Bradford on 20:20 - Jul 2 by 442Dale

Who were the better players the last two years?

Twaddle?

Jk to Bradford on 20:52 - Jul 2 with 1763 viewsmacro

As put above Grimes is probably the more talented of the two football wise, the talent is there but he performs 2/3 games in 10, and has had two underwhelming seasons at Dale, despite the apathy he's still bagged 38 goals in 100 appearances in the last 3 years (2 of which in relegated sides) which isn't to be sniffed at.

Jason Kennedy a solid 7.5/10 performer every game - Mr Reliable

I know which I'd prefer in my team though
Jk to Bradford on 21:39 - Jul 2 with 1682 viewsR17ALE

Jk to Bradford on 20:47 - Jul 2 by TVOS1907

Correct.

R17ALE will be able to give you details of that journey and area to the minutest detail, but it's not that far from the A1, having passed Leeds/Bradford Airport en-route.

In fact, it's probably closer to the A1 than the M62.

Not that it matters as he has mainly moved to be L1, but I reckon his journey will be around 50 minutes quicker. He will hop down the A1 taking the Knaresborough exit and via Harrogate, Otley, Guiseley and Rawdon, he will be in Apperley Bridge in no time. As the crow flies he will save himself 50 miles I'd guess, given that coming to Dale would mean coming via Ferrybridge.

And it's a much nicer drive, trust me. I know the Yorkshire sods name it God's own county, but they are right on this one, the gits!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Jk to Bradford on 21:52 - Jul 2 with 1656 viewsyorkshirefan

Jk to Bradford on 21:39 - Jul 2 by R17ALE

Not that it matters as he has mainly moved to be L1, but I reckon his journey will be around 50 minutes quicker. He will hop down the A1 taking the Knaresborough exit and via Harrogate, Otley, Guiseley and Rawdon, he will be in Apperley Bridge in no time. As the crow flies he will save himself 50 miles I'd guess, given that coming to Dale would mean coming via Ferrybridge.

And it's a much nicer drive, trust me. I know the Yorkshire sods name it God's own county, but they are right on this one, the gits!

That sounds more like next years Tour de France route
Jk to Bradford on 22:19 - Jul 2 with 1605 viewsdalenumber2

For me, Grimes is better off down at Gigg Lane. As for JK, he has given so much to Rochdale and he leaves with my very best wishes. It's a pity that JK's attitude and demeanor on the pitch didn't rub off just a little bit on Grimes - if it had Grimes would have been able to offer us so much more.
Jk to Bradford on 22:38 - Jul 2 with 1561 viewsTTNYear

Mizfit is the only dissenting voice. This fact will only be lost on ones person. That should be enough tbf
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Jk to Bradford on 06:39 - Jul 4 with 1289 viewsaleanddale

Thanks to JK for everything.

This fella owes us nothing and he has been a model pro for 4 seasons.

League 1 football. Playing in front of 10 - 14 000 every week. closer to home. job security - more money. I fully understand and wish him all the very best..

Where is the Grimes thread like this? that says it all really.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024