Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Kit in stock now ! 09:38 - Jul 3 with 18168 viewsToffeemanc

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/newkits-arrive-891738.aspx

The new kits have arrived ahead of schedule and are on sale immediately in the club shop.

That bloody sponsors logo looks awful, goalkeepers kit looks the best of the lot for me.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

New Kit in stock now ! on 02:07 - Jul 5 with 2082 viewsAtThePeake

New Kit in stock now ! on 22:19 - Jul 4 by 442Dale

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_news.php?storyid=18530

The more I look at it, the more annoying it is all three options had black sodding sleeves. Not that it wouldn't have worked on one option (the third, let down by the collar and the positioning of the badge and Fila logo - if they got that right, it would have won), but black sleeves on all three? If people don't understand why, it's probably indicates they don't fully 'get it' with kits.

The more I look at them the more frustrating it is.

The second home shirt is horrendous. When people say the one we chose looks like a Fila shirt from a sports shop that's just had our badge put on it, they're kind of right, but the second one looks like a random shirt from a random sports shop that isn't even a make of Fila. It reminds me of the shirts we used to get given to play for the college team that were about 20 years old and made by Prostar or someone equally poor. Those white pinstripes over the arms and the horrendous collar just make it so bad - and same goes for the away kit. I'm not a massive fan of yellow kits anyway but the big collar and stupid blue flecks means it looks like the shirts we refused to play for the college team in...

The first away kit clashes even with our home kit (but to be fair, could probably have been used more than the white one, as most teams we will have to wear a change kit against will be playing in blue. At least we'd be able to use the black one against teams in blue and white). The third home kit has another stupid collar and there's a reason so few teams go for the design with just 2 stripes down the middle - it looks crap.

The (home) one that was chosen is by far the nicest looking shirt. Except what we've been served up as an horrendous bright red logo and the badge is to the side making it look uneven and cheap.

DEAR CLUB. PLEASE 442DALE DESIGN NEXT SEASON'S KITS.

Tangled up in blue.

New Kit in stock now ! on 02:08 - Jul 5 with 2082 viewsNerazzurri

I actually don't mind the new kits, I think the home one is a decent effort at something a bit different. There's only so many times you can bring out a striped shirt that's not exactly the same as the last one! If I was to tweak it I would lose the blue panelling at the sides and make the sponsor logo a bit more complimentary to the shirt.

I posted these on here about 3 years ago, still would like to see an away kit like this.

Also looking back it looks like Nike stole my idea of a gradient kit and used my design for Barcelona's away kit last year!

Forza Nerazzurri

New Kit in stock now ! on 02:12 - Jul 5 with 2069 viewsAtThePeake

New Kit in stock now ! on 02:08 - Jul 5 by Nerazzurri

I actually don't mind the new kits, I think the home one is a decent effort at something a bit different. There's only so many times you can bring out a striped shirt that's not exactly the same as the last one! If I was to tweak it I would lose the blue panelling at the sides and make the sponsor logo a bit more complimentary to the shirt.

I posted these on here about 3 years ago, still would like to see an away kit like this.

Also looking back it looks like Nike stole my idea of a gradient kit and used my design for Barcelona's away kit last year!

I don't think I've ever bought an away kit, but if we got one like that then I certainly would.

Tangled up in blue.

New Kit in stock now ! on 12:33 - Jul 5 with 1980 viewsBrierls

I don't care if they're generic designs, the Adidas shirts above would be fantastic sellers. So would the Adidas training/leisurewear that came with it.
New Kit in stock now ! on 12:38 - Jul 5 with 1975 viewssandylaner1

New Kit in stock now ! on 02:08 - Jul 5 by Nerazzurri

WOULD PURCHASE BOTH

brb emailing to the club
New Kit in stock now ! on 12:39 - Jul 5 with 1971 viewssandylaner1

this new kit is an absolute car crash
New Kit in stock now ! on 13:06 - Jul 5 with 1941 viewswimborne_dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 22:19 - Jul 4 by 442Dale

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_news.php?storyid=18530

The more I look at it, the more annoying it is all three options had black sodding sleeves. Not that it wouldn't have worked on one option (the third, let down by the collar and the positioning of the badge and Fila logo - if they got that right, it would have won), but black sleeves on all three? If people don't understand why, it's probably indicates they don't fully 'get it' with kits.

Thanks 442 Dale. I stand corrected, the winning kit that we are all now slating was one of the original choices. I must have surpressed it from my memory so bad was it! I voted for option 2 home and away. I remembered the Inter stripes and didn't remember that Option 1 was a trashed version of it.

But as we all (well nearly all) apparantly hate it, the question must be asked, how did it get so many votes? Obviously not from posters on this board. Perhaps someone liked it so much, they voted a hundred times.

Edgar Allan's Crow

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:23 - Jul 5 with 1924 viewsolympicdale

I miss the old days of nike, they always felt the better quality

edited out the white altered it a bit.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:35 - Jul 5 with 1912 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:06 - Jul 5 by wimborne_dale

Thanks 442 Dale. I stand corrected, the winning kit that we are all now slating was one of the original choices. I must have surpressed it from my memory so bad was it! I voted for option 2 home and away. I remembered the Inter stripes and didn't remember that Option 1 was a trashed version of it.

But as we all (well nearly all) apparantly hate it, the question must be asked, how did it get so many votes? Obviously not from posters on this board. Perhaps someone liked it so much, they voted a hundred times.

It won because it was different. One, like AtThePeake said, lookednSunday League and the other had a silly collar that would put people off. It's all about finding three choice that appeal to everyone and nobody minding which wins. As it was, the best of a bad lot did.

The adidas/Nike teamwear argument has been had before and a club at our level will always benefit in terms of sales of shirts and other merchandise. Whether this works out better in terms of the overall deal is a question that needs asking at a forum. If you find a decent teamwear option, it might be used by other clubs but with our colourscheme it doesn't matter.

And Olympic, white and yellow doesn't work.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:43 - Jul 5 with 1902 views442Dale

Have just seen the away kit being worn by someone in town. The reverse of shirt sponsor is Carbrini and is at the top of the shirt in letters big enough that it looks like a player's name.

New Kit in stock now ! on 14:30 - Jul 5 with 1873 viewsolympicdale

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:35 - Jul 5 by 442Dale

It won because it was different. One, like AtThePeake said, lookednSunday League and the other had a silly collar that would put people off. It's all about finding three choice that appeal to everyone and nobody minding which wins. As it was, the best of a bad lot did.

The adidas/Nike teamwear argument has been had before and a club at our level will always benefit in terms of sales of shirts and other merchandise. Whether this works out better in terms of the overall deal is a question that needs asking at a forum. If you find a decent teamwear option, it might be used by other clubs but with our colourscheme it doesn't matter.

And Olympic, white and yellow doesn't work.

On second look yes it doesnt, changed it a bit. I am a personal fan of teh pin stripped look, and it could be an interesting road to go down, with the right maker of course.

Life is a game of fate.

New Kit in stock now ! on 16:16 - Jul 5 with 1822 viewsBrierls

New Kit in stock now ! on 14:30 - Jul 5 by olympicdale

On second look yes it doesnt, changed it a bit. I am a personal fan of teh pin stripped look, and it could be an interesting road to go down, with the right maker of course.

Quite like the Dortmund-eqsue away shirt. Like 442Dale, I'm not a fan of white sleeves on any shirt. Nerazzurri's Adidas designs are still a favourite.

Of course, all these shirts would look a bit more shit if they had a bold, red, single line 'Crown Oil' sponsor plastered across the middle (grateful for the sponsorship, but not the colour or font on the shirt). You're all cheating!
New Kit in stock now ! on 16:47 - Jul 5 with 1797 viewsKenBoon

Our home jersey is now Blue and Black stripes. I think it's about time we stuck to something and stop having pin stripes or other nonsense at home. It's not like its a geet massive 125 year anniversary.

I cannot find the new kits on the online Club shop, but going off last years shirts then seem to be £39.99 for an adult. When you add on the rip off £7 delivery fee that is £47 quid.
The new jersey is £40 on JD Sports, but that website has free delivery.
http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/fila-rochdale-2013/14-home-shirt/061275/
Why on earth do we continue to rip off supporters with overpriced delivery charges. Anyone spending over £20 should get free shipping to the UK and orders below £20 shouldn't be more than £2 delivery.

Moan over.
New Kit in stock now ! on 17:12 - Jul 5 with 1779 viewssandylaner1

wasn't aware of the new signing 'cabrini'
New Kit in stock now ! on 17:16 - Jul 5 with 1775 viewsBrierls

New Kit in stock now ! on 17:12 - Jul 5 by sandylaner1

wasn't aware of the new signing 'cabrini'

Serie A trialist. Stolen from under bury's noses.
New Kit in stock now ! on 17:17 - Jul 5 with 1775 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 16:47 - Jul 5 by KenBoon

Our home jersey is now Blue and Black stripes. I think it's about time we stuck to something and stop having pin stripes or other nonsense at home. It's not like its a geet massive 125 year anniversary.

I cannot find the new kits on the online Club shop, but going off last years shirts then seem to be £39.99 for an adult. When you add on the rip off £7 delivery fee that is £47 quid.
The new jersey is £40 on JD Sports, but that website has free delivery.
http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/fila-rochdale-2013/14-home-shirt/061275/
Why on earth do we continue to rip off supporters with overpriced delivery charges. Anyone spending over £20 should get free shipping to the UK and orders below £20 shouldn't be more than £2 delivery.

Moan over.

It's a valid point about the stripes and that's why it should always be offered as one of the options - fans will then decide if they want a change. And as thus thread illustrates (literally), there is plenty you can do with stripes.

The club shop doesn't have the new kit available online after the OS publicised they've arrived early? Really?

REALLY?

And the charge is something the Trust could ask about at their next meeting with the club (and the debit card charge on season tickets can be chased up too)

New Kit in stock now ! on 17:26 - Jul 5 with 1765 viewsolympicdale

New Kit in stock now ! on 16:16 - Jul 5 by Brierls

Quite like the Dortmund-eqsue away shirt. Like 442Dale, I'm not a fan of white sleeves on any shirt. Nerazzurri's Adidas designs are still a favourite.

Of course, all these shirts would look a bit more shit if they had a bold, red, single line 'Crown Oil' sponsor plastered across the middle (grateful for the sponsorship, but not the colour or font on the shirt). You're all cheating!

I love those Adidas shirts it just looks so professional, but even that would look awful with the aforementioned Crown Oil plastered over it. The club does not want the fans help either way, and i would imagine that their hands are tied by the shirt manufacturer, in that they dictate all the designs. A fans competition to design at least one of a seasons kits could be run in good time to send to the designers i am sure though, and would give the fans a chance to have a proper say.

Just my opinion like.

Life is a game of fate.

New Kit in stock now ! on 17:40 - Jul 5 with 1755 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 17:26 - Jul 5 by olympicdale

I love those Adidas shirts it just looks so professional, but even that would look awful with the aforementioned Crown Oil plastered over it. The club does not want the fans help either way, and i would imagine that their hands are tied by the shirt manufacturer, in that they dictate all the designs. A fans competition to design at least one of a seasons kits could be run in good time to send to the designers i am sure though, and would give the fans a chance to have a proper say.

Just my opinion like.

I've seen enough of Fila's designs to say they are capable of producing three excellent kits for fans to vote on. And one of the advantages of this deal was meant to be we could have a bespoke kit.

However, that's not necessary. We could have had Bournemouth's kits and we'd be saying how great they are - with blue replacing red of course. All that's needed is a catalogue of all the kits available and for somebody who knows the subject very well to choose three. Which would be exactly the same if we went with adidas or anyone else.

New Kit in stock now ! on 18:02 - Jul 5 with 1745 viewsolympicdale

New Kit in stock now ! on 17:40 - Jul 5 by 442Dale

I've seen enough of Fila's designs to say they are capable of producing three excellent kits for fans to vote on. And one of the advantages of this deal was meant to be we could have a bespoke kit.

However, that's not necessary. We could have had Bournemouth's kits and we'd be saying how great they are - with blue replacing red of course. All that's needed is a catalogue of all the kits available and for somebody who knows the subject very well to choose three. Which would be exactly the same if we went with adidas or anyone else.

I love Bournemouths three kits, i don't understand why we were not given those sorts of templates as apposed to the shower we were sent, possibly down to money, but as it is from the same manufacturer that shouldn't matter.

Life is a game of fate.

New Kit in stock now ! on 18:09 - Jul 5 with 1740 viewsNerazzurri

After feedback from the fans we are pleased to reveal next seasons shirt. Crown Oil have kindly allowed their logo to be changed to white to compliment the colour of the Rochdale shirt which has created goodwill between the company and the fans. Fila have also listened and removed the massive sleeve logos. The club have taken on board feedback and gone with a predominantly striped shirt but with blue arms instead of black and we are sure this shirt will prove popular with fans.

Forza Nerazzurri

New Kit in stock now ! on 18:13 - Jul 5 with 1736 viewsBrierls

New Kit in stock now ! on 18:09 - Jul 5 by Nerazzurri

After feedback from the fans we are pleased to reveal next seasons shirt. Crown Oil have kindly allowed their logo to be changed to white to compliment the colour of the Rochdale shirt which has created goodwill between the company and the fans. Fila have also listened and removed the massive sleeve logos. The club have taken on board feedback and gone with a predominantly striped shirt but with blue arms instead of black and we are sure this shirt will prove popular with fans.

If only.
New Kit in stock now ! on 18:22 - Jul 5 with 1731 viewsolympicdale

New Kit in stock now ! on 18:09 - Jul 5 by Nerazzurri

That shirt is damn sexy.

Life is a game of fate.

New Kit in stock now ! on 18:46 - Jul 5 with 1707 viewsNerazzurri

To be honest I did that in about 5 minutes. It's pretty much the promotion shirt but with a better collar and an all striped back!

Forza Nerazzurri

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:54 - Jul 5 with 1673 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 18:46 - Jul 5 by Nerazzurri

To be honest I did that in about 5 minutes. It's pretty much the promotion shirt but with a better collar and an all striped back!

Great shirt. Lot to be said for stripes continuing on the back of a shirt.

Never understand why kit companies insist on plain back when the two stripe colours are dark and the numbers will be white anyway. Nike were the same.

New Kit in stock now ! on 21:06 - Jul 5 with 1636 viewsAtThePeake

New Kit in stock now ! on 18:46 - Jul 5 by Nerazzurri

Can we have a white trim on the sleeves too?

Thanks Mr.Kitdesignerman.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024