Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Kit in stock now ! 09:38 - Jul 3 with 18143 viewsToffeemanc

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/newkits-arrive-891738.aspx

The new kits have arrived ahead of schedule and are on sale immediately in the club shop.

That bloody sponsors logo looks awful, goalkeepers kit looks the best of the lot for me.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:20 - Jul 3 with 2368 viewsMass_Debater

The fans will be blamed royally for this as "they voted for it", which is like saying who do you like best out of Hitler, Mussolini and Bin Laden.
New Kit in stock now ! on 13:24 - Jul 3 with 2305 viewsColDale

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:02 - Jul 3 by ChaffRAFC

The home shirt would be nice without that big red sponsor on it. That alone makes it look awful.

The away shirt is truly awful, and God only knows why it was a) given as a choice and b) voted for ahead of either of the other options. Why in Gods name would we want a bury kit as an away kit.

The choices we were given were a joke and the club really do need to learn from this.

I wont be buying either until the end of season sale and I'll only be buying one of those because I get a shirt signed to go on my stairs in my house every year.

Says a lot that the GK kit is the best by a mile.

the away kit was voted for because a) we couldn't wear the black option as it was too similar to the home kit and b) yellow was the colour of the current away colour which would no doubt affect sales next year.
New Kit in stock now ! on 13:25 - Jul 3 with 2301 viewsjudd

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:02 - Jul 3 by ChaffRAFC

The home shirt would be nice without that big red sponsor on it. That alone makes it look awful.

The away shirt is truly awful, and God only knows why it was a) given as a choice and b) voted for ahead of either of the other options. Why in Gods name would we want a bury kit as an away kit.

The choices we were given were a joke and the club really do need to learn from this.

I wont be buying either until the end of season sale and I'll only be buying one of those because I get a shirt signed to go on my stairs in my house every year.

Says a lot that the GK kit is the best by a mile.

'kin 'ell Chaff, we use carpet on our stairs.

Poll: What is it to be then?

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:28 - Jul 3 with 2292 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:24 - Jul 3 by ColDale

the away kit was voted for because a) we couldn't wear the black option as it was too similar to the home kit and b) yellow was the colour of the current away colour which would no doubt affect sales next year.

If that was the case, black and yellow should not have been options to vote on.

We could have had black too; would require a third kit at Southend and Wycombe. With white, we need to wear a third shirt twice as well: at Hartlepool and Bristol Rovers.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:29 - Jul 3 with 2285 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:25 - Jul 3 by judd

'kin 'ell Chaff, we use carpet on our stairs.

Makes you wonder how many stairs he has too. Will he move as he gets older until by the end his staircase resembles those up to Whitby Abbey?

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:30 - Jul 3 with 2283 viewsChaffRAFC

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:24 - Jul 3 by ColDale

But the awful design and colour of this one is going to affect sales as well so we'll be no better off in that department. Fact is, the choices were horrendous.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:32 - Jul 3 with 2273 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:30 - Jul 3 by ChaffRAFC

But the awful design and colour of this one is going to affect sales as well so we'll be no better off in that department. Fact is, the choices were horrendous.

As was said at the time. This should have been listened to.

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:42 - Jul 3 with 2249 viewsolympicdale

bloody awful, 'keeper one is okay but that is stretching it, it was the 'best' of a very bad bunch of designs in the first place.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:03 - Jul 3 with 2159 viewsChaffRAFC

New Kit in stock now ! on 13:29 - Jul 3 by 442Dale

Makes you wonder how many stairs he has too. Will he move as he gets older until by the end his staircase resembles those up to Whitby Abbey?

Well, currently I have four shirts on the wall going up the stairs and there's room for a few more yet, despite Mrs Chaff's negative attitude towards them. Also got a Graeme Atkinson framed signed shirt at the top of the stairs from the 2000/01 season!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:11 - Jul 3 with 2151 viewszxcvbnm

It's the stripes for me, just too thin

Poll: Best loanee keeper

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:14 - Jul 3 with 2141 viewsBrierls

Can somebody please tell me they look better 'in the flesh', because they look shite on the pics. The shirts themselves aren't the best, but the red sponsor takes them to a new level altogether!
New Kit in stock now ! on 15:21 - Jul 3 with 2126 viewsjudd

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:14 - Jul 3 by Brierls

Can somebody please tell me they look better 'in the flesh', because they look shite on the pics. The shirts themselves aren't the best, but the red sponsor takes them to a new level altogether!

Not impressed up close, Brierls.

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:27 - Jul 3 with 2109 viewsKenBoon

I still cannot get over who in their right mind would vote for a Bury kit. White is fine, but white and blue in that design is just moronic. Couldn't they have done as Nike have with England and got Blue and Black mixed up.
New Kit in stock now ! on 15:28 - Jul 3 with 2106 viewsSpike

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:14 - Jul 3 by Brierls

The home shirt doesn't look better in the flesh, if anything, it looks worse.

The white shirt look nice, from a distance, but it's too much like a bury kit.
New Kit in stock now ! on 15:30 - Jul 3 with 2095 viewspooliedale

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:27 - Jul 3 by KenBoon

I still cannot get over who in their right mind would vote for a Bury kit. White is fine, but white and blue in that design is just moronic. Couldn't they have done as Nike have with England and got Blue and Black mixed up.

I always buy a home shirt every year but not this season!, it will be the away shirt for me , the home is the worst ive seen in many a year.
New Kit in stock now ! on 15:32 - Jul 3 with 1982 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:27 - Jul 3 by KenBoon

England's is navy blue trim, and it'd be fine with red bleedin' numbers. We could have done white with black as well as blue, thus identifying it as a Dale shirt.

One look at Bournemouth's kits illustrates how to combine the two major colours of a club to an away strip.

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:40 - Jul 3 with 1964 viewsBrierls

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:32 - Jul 3 by 442Dale

England's is navy blue trim, and it'd be fine with red bleedin' numbers. We could have done white with black as well as blue, thus identifying it as a Dale shirt.

One look at Bournemouth's kits illustrates how to combine the two major colours of a club to an away strip.

Taking inspiration from Bournemouth's diagonal striped kit, we could have gone with a replica of the 1973/1974 shirt...

It's not the best shirt I've seen but its unique and would at least create a bit of interest given its history.

If you do like it, Toffs have the retro version for sale...
http://www.toffs.com/Rochdale-AFC-1973-Retro-Football-Shirt/productinfo/1327/
New Kit in stock now ! on 15:47 - Jul 3 with 1954 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:40 - Jul 3 by Brierls

Taking inspiration from Bournemouth's diagonal striped kit, we could have gone with a replica of the 1973/1974 shirt...

It's not the best shirt I've seen but its unique and would at least create a bit of interest given its history.

If you do like it, Toffs have the retro version for sale...
http://www.toffs.com/Rochdale-AFC-1973-Retro-Football-Shirt/productinfo/1327/

An excellent idea! This fits with keeping in mind tradition when designing strips. Now and again a nod to the past is a great marketing tool.

However, by all accounts we were bloody awful in that kit. We're already far too superstitious about things though - see the use of yellow at home and White shorts at Bristol R.

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:54 - Jul 3 with 1940 views1907

I don't think any are even that bad. Seen far worse shirts. Mass hysteria over nothing.
New Kit in stock now ! on 16:06 - Jul 3 with 1913 viewslurker

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:54 - Jul 3 by 1907

I don't think any are even that bad. Seen far worse shirts. Mass hysteria over nothing.

Nothing much wrong with the shirts in themselves but the sponsor's logo does seem to clash quite badly with the overall design and colours of the kit.

I would hazard a guess that the value of shirt sponsorship outweighs any annual profit we make on shirt sales. Lest we forget that we were close to having no shirt sponsor at all at one point, I am in quite a forgiving mood. That and the fact that it does not have a watering can on the front of it!

Most fans (although not one's on this messageboard it seems) will still buy one I would say
New Kit in stock now ! on 16:12 - Jul 3 with 1893 viewsDaley_Lama

Game of "count the new shirts" at Halifax anybody?

I will go for 3. 2 of them worn by under 5's.

Poll: DF in or out

New Kit in stock now ! on 16:15 - Jul 3 with 1885 viewsjudd

New Kit in stock now ! on 16:12 - Jul 3 by Daley_Lama

Game of "count the new shirts" at Halifax anybody?

I will go for 3. 2 of them worn by under 5's.

The home shirts are bad enough, Lama, but to have matching shorts is just ridiculous.

New Kit in stock now ! on 16:22 - Jul 3 with 1875 viewsBrierls

New Kit in stock now ! on 16:06 - Jul 3 by lurker

Nothing much wrong with the shirts in themselves but the sponsor's logo does seem to clash quite badly with the overall design and colours of the kit.

I would hazard a guess that the value of shirt sponsorship outweighs any annual profit we make on shirt sales. Lest we forget that we were close to having no shirt sponsor at all at one point, I am in quite a forgiving mood. That and the fact that it does not have a watering can on the front of it!

Most fans (although not one's on this messageboard it seems) will still buy one I would say

I'm a complete numbnut on that front. I think the shirts look shite, but I'll probably still buy them for wearing at the gym*. It's habit and I still feel I'm supporting the club by buying them.

One thing that is often overlooked when dicussing kit manufacturers is the leisurewear. The stuff produced by Nike, while not being at all bespoke, looked excellent and was great quality. I still wear my Nike polo shirt now. The same could be expected of Adidas or Puma. Most of the Carbrini/Fila leisure stuff is cheap tat. The percentage of sales we get from Carbrini/Fila will be much higher than from the big players like Nike, Adidas or Puma, but I'd be interested to see turnover vs profit on the whole range of merchandise.

* if I can be arsed going, which 99% of the time I can't!
New Kit in stock now ! on 16:36 - Jul 3 with 1845 views442Dale

If they sell 200 adult shirts less than last year, that's almost 8k not going into the coffers.

Not mass hysteria, but not the sort of money we can do without.

New Kit in stock now ! on 17:17 - Jul 3 with 1808 viewsmightydale

New Kit in stock now ! on 16:36 - Jul 3 by 442Dale

If they sell 200 adult shirts less than last year, that's almost 8k not going into the coffers.

Not mass hysteria, but not the sort of money we can do without.

I brought mine today for holiday, looks quite nice on.ill still only wear it around the house after holiday

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024