Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Kit in stock now ! 09:38 - Jul 3 with 18140 viewsToffeemanc

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/newkits-arrive-891738.aspx

The new kits have arrived ahead of schedule and are on sale immediately in the club shop.

That bloody sponsors logo looks awful, goalkeepers kit looks the best of the lot for me.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

New Kit in stock now ! on 17:43 - Jul 4 with 2114 viewsolympicdale

New Kit in stock now ! on 15:11 - Jul 4 by 442Dale

New kits are on sale in JD apparently.

yes they are, just as poo as they look in the pictures too. When I saw the away shirt behind the home one and i genuinely thought it was an Oldham kit, awful.

Life is a game of fate.

New Kit in stock now ! on 18:36 - Jul 4 with 2045 views442Dale

Always an option to look to the past as Brierls mentioned earlier in the thread, with that in mind a couple more away kits based on early 80s designs that some younger fans might not be aware of. Using this type of idea as a unique selling point can be useful. *awaits the arguments about red in Dale kits.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:14 - Jul 4 with 2005 viewsBrierls

New Kit in stock now ! on 18:36 - Jul 4 by 442Dale

Always an option to look to the past as Brierls mentioned earlier in the thread, with that in mind a couple more away kits based on early 80s designs that some younger fans might not be aware of. Using this type of idea as a unique selling point can be useful. *awaits the arguments about red in Dale kits.

That second one is stolen from the horrendous Villa away kit in the 90's, think the likes of Ian Taylor and Dalien Atkinson (Ron's lad) had the pleasure of wearing that one!
New Kit in stock now ! on 19:19 - Jul 4 with 1999 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:14 - Jul 4 by Brierls

That second one is stolen from the horrendous Villa away kit in the 90's, think the likes of Ian Taylor and Dalien Atkinson (Ron's lad) had the pleasure of wearing that one!

That was black and green stripes which were outlined in red. Horrible.

The green and red Dale away shirt often gets a mention from fans of that era, prefer the yellow and green personally.

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:20 - Jul 4 with 1995 viewsBoss_Hog

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:14 - Jul 4 by Brierls

I personally find it amazing that we can produce an away kit that not only replicates a Bury top but that also isn't fit for purpose, i.e able to be worn every time there is a clash with our home kit.

Quite remarkable really.

I also have to admit to not being a lover of the home kit. The red sponsor isn't really the club's fault but the actual design of the kit itself is hideous and simply will not sell in the numbers we all hoped for and thus reduce profits.

The problem stems solely from the choices given in the first instance. Little or no thought went into that and supporters should not be the people held accountable for poor sales. The buck stops with whoever organises the kit deal for the club and liaises directly with Fila.

Oh and don't get me started on the giant 'F' logos that appear everywhere.
New Kit in stock now ! on 19:31 - Jul 4 with 1961 viewsolympicdale

New Kit in stock now ! on 18:36 - Jul 4 by 442Dale

that first one reminds me of that terrible Man united away kit many years ago.

Life is a game of fate.

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:39 - Jul 4 with 1951 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:31 - Jul 4 by olympicdale

that first one reminds me of that terrible Man united away kit many years ago.

Third kit....

But yeah, the colours are the same even though their's was a halved shirt. Coming up with a totally different option for fans to vote on that is still linked to Dale would be ok, because the history would be played upon when the poll is launched. It may not win, but it would get fans talking.

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:44 - Jul 4 with 1941 viewsolympicdale

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:39 - Jul 4 by 442Dale

Third kit....

But yeah, the colours are the same even though their's was a halved shirt. Coming up with a totally different option for fans to vote on that is still linked to Dale would be ok, because the history would be played upon when the poll is launched. It may not win, but it would get fans talking.

oh alright, i just remember the terrible colour combo.

I think asking the fans to design two kit ideas would be a great thing to explore for our next release, I would certainly love to have the chance to design one on photoshop and have the possibility that it might be worn by the squad.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:55 - Jul 4 with 1935 viewsTVOS1907

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:39 - Jul 4 by 442Dale

Third kit....

How about this, with blue instead of purple ............ ? (It is purple but looks blue!)

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:57 - Jul 4 with 1927 viewsTVOS1907

Or this?

New Kit in stock now ! on 20:13 - Jul 4 with 1902 viewsmacro

The more I see that photo of Rafferty in the kit onthe o/s, the more I dislike the kit
New Kit in stock now ! on 20:24 - Jul 4 with 1880 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 19:44 - Jul 4 by olympicdale

oh alright, i just remember the terrible colour combo.

I think asking the fans to design two kit ideas would be a great thing to explore for our next release, I would certainly love to have the chance to design one on photoshop and have the possibility that it might be worn by the squad.

It doesn't need to be anything over complicated either. Basic designs are easy enough for anyone to do - one look at the Liverpool kits shows how wrong some people can get it. And they're paid thousands.

It's all about having an appreciation of the club and what fans want. If it takes hours to come up with and is flashy, then it means it'll be rubbish.

New Kit in stock now ! on 20:29 - Jul 4 with 1870 viewsmacro

New Kit in stock now ! on 20:24 - Jul 4 by 442Dale

It doesn't need to be anything over complicated either. Basic designs are easy enough for anyone to do - one look at the Liverpool kits shows how wrong some people can get it. And they're paid thousands.

It's all about having an appreciation of the club and what fans want. If it takes hours to come up with and is flashy, then it means it'll be rubbish.

Simple is often best, I recall a couple of very good kits being put on here last month, Norwich was definitely one of them and what struck me was a very simple plain design but one that looked effective
New Kit in stock now ! on 20:32 - Jul 4 with 1865 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 20:29 - Jul 4 by macro

Simple is often best, I recall a couple of very good kits being put on here last month, Norwich was definitely one of them and what struck me was a very simple plain design but one that looked effective

Someone at work saw the shirts in JD at lunch and told me afterwards. Their comment? "far too complicated"

The thin stripes then black panels, then plain blue sides - too much going on that distracts from the overall image of the shirt. And if anyone doesn't understand that they should have no role in deciding what fans should be voting on.

New Kit in stock now ! on 20:54 - Jul 4 with 1851 viewsolympicdale

New Kit in stock now ! on 20:29 - Jul 4 by macro

I wont often big up the budgies but their new kit is quite nice, and simple as you say, the Ipswich home kit this year is the same, simple but has a nice retro feel to it.

Life is a game of fate.

New Kit in stock now ! on 21:32 - Jul 4 with 1835 views442Dale

Two more home kits which adhere to simplicity and the brand, while having different slants on predominantly blue, and blue & black stripes.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

New Kit in stock now ! on 21:48 - Jul 4 with 1805 viewsolympicdale

Couple of designs that ive just thrown together, a slight slant on the retro feel with a couple of modern twists.

Life is a game of fate.

New Kit in stock now ! on 21:57 - Jul 4 with 1786 viewsR17ALE

The top and bottom of all of this, is that if the club had followed the Think Tank's findings, they'd have struck 180! We suggested a competition which 442 would have won.*

Sometimes, you do wonder why the fans bother.

But you know we will get the blame!

*Only fans know what fans want.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

New Kit in stock now ! on 22:01 - Jul 4 with 1779 views442Dale

Having now seen that Liverpool third kit in full, it appears they have created a footballing first - different coloured socks! The right has a purple turnover, while the left is black.

Quite spectacular.

New Kit in stock now ! on 22:10 - Jul 4 with 1754 viewswimborne_dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 22:12 - Jul 3 by 442Dale

Ok, had a mess about and came up with these. There are hundreds of ideas out there that could work just as well, but by keeping things simple it allows things like kit votes to be far more effective.

Home kit options:
- offer a striped shirt (recent tradition),
- one that has a predominantly blue theme (the second one down is actually based a bit on the Southampton shirt from the Keegan era)
- an option that's a whole new take on the blue and black theme (went for a sash, but it could also work with hoops or even quarters)

Away kit options:
- a white shirt that remains obviously Rochdale. (Adding black to the blue does this effectively)
- a yellow version of the same shirt. (much better on the kit clash front)
- an alternative yellow option that mirrors one of the home designs (again the sash works quite well)
[Post edited 3 Dec 2015 23:15]

Some great choices there 442 but please correct me if you will. You said that the winning design was available. OK I admit I may well nit have remembered it correctly but do you still have a link to the original choices offered?

(I'd be interested to know what the losing other options were)

Edgar Allan's Crow

New Kit in stock now ! on 22:19 - Jul 4 with 1745 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 22:10 - Jul 4 by wimborne_dale

Some great choices there 442 but please correct me if you will. You said that the winning design was available. OK I admit I may well nit have remembered it correctly but do you still have a link to the original choices offered?

(I'd be interested to know what the losing other options were)

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_news.php?storyid=18530

The more I look at it, the more annoying it is all three options had black sodding sleeves. Not that it wouldn't have worked on one option (the third, let down by the collar and the positioning of the badge and Fila logo - if they got that right, it would have won), but black sleeves on all three? If people don't understand why, it's probably indicates they don't fully 'get it' with kits.

New Kit in stock now ! on 22:37 - Jul 4 with 1725 viewsTVOS1907

New Kit in stock now ! on 21:48 - Jul 4 by olympicdale

Couple of designs that ive just thrown together, a slight slant on the retro feel with a couple of modern twists.

Did you design Liverpool's 2nd and 3rd choice kits?

New Kit in stock now ! on 22:38 - Jul 4 with 1724 viewsmacro

New Kit in stock now ! on 21:48 - Jul 4 by olympicdale

Not sure on these, look a bit too random for me
New Kit in stock now ! on 22:42 - Jul 4 with 1720 views442Dale

New Kit in stock now ! on 22:38 - Jul 4 by macro

Not sure on these, look a bit too random for me

It's the badge in the shirt. Simple sells.

Could go down to JD at any stage and sort next season's and it wouldn't take longer than half an hour to come up with a half decent poll for people to vote on.

New Kit in stock now ! on 23:32 - Jul 4 with 1692 viewsolympicdale

New Kit in stock now ! on 22:42 - Jul 4 by 442Dale

It's the badge in the shirt. Simple sells.

Could go down to JD at any stage and sort next season's and it wouldn't take longer than half an hour to come up with a half decent poll for people to vote on.

It was just something different i was thinking of, that would give it a different design to what we have had, I do love a retro look nowadays with football kits. The big badge, ideally would be in a light grey and much more faded into the material.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024