Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn friendly thread 14:28 - Jul 20 with 16142 viewsAtThePeake

Not going today - £10 for a friendly against an average Championship side just doesn't seem worth it when the cricket is on.

Teams though:-

Dale: Thomson (trialist), Rafferty, Lancashire, Eastham, Rose, Cavanagh, Vincenti, Hery, Lund, Henderson, Hogan.

Blackburn:Kean, Kane, Morris, Marrow, Dann, G Hanley, Judge, Lowe, Best, Taylor, Rhodes

Not sure what the formation will be from that - a 4-3-3 with Hogan Henderson and Vincenti rotating perhaps?

Tangled up in blue.

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:07 - Jul 20 with 3279 viewspl56

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:04 - Jul 20 by gresh1

Did it finish 2-1 then chaps ?

Not there , but apparently 2-2 ; last minute equalizer !
Blackburn friendly thread on 17:07 - Jul 20 with 3259 viewsdale_spotland

2 all, morten gamst free kick 91st minute

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:13 - Jul 20 with 3203 viewsolympicdale

I thought it was pretty clear that once Hery and Lund went off we seemed to lose that spark in the middle of the pitch. Some really good attacking play in the first half, was very impressed with Hogan an Hendo, Jamie Allen looks a good prospect too, showed some good touches.

Eastham and Lancashire showed promise after a shaky start, putting their heads in, theyre not footballing centre backs though, need to work on their passing up field. I liked the look of Vincenti on the wing, could prove a tricky customer for l2 full backs.

A word on the keeper too, looked good as a shot stopper but needs to be consistant with his kicking
All in all a decent performance that deserved a win.

Life is a game of fate.

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:29 - Jul 20 with 3098 viewspedrodale

After watching the Halifax game and the Blackburn game Im realy looking forward to the new season starting. its certainly appears to be a well balanced side with a bit of pace.
Although it finished 2 all with the last kick of the game I dont think it was a true reflection,Blackburn were decent which you would expect from a championship side and gave us a good workout but I thought Dale gave better team performance and should have won
Blackburn friendly thread on 17:30 - Jul 20 with 3091 viewsSwissdale

Good game - well worth a tenner in my opinion!

Agree that we lost out spark when Hery and Lund were substituted. Cavanagh deserved to get MOTM, but Henderson also had a very good game.

Ross was caught out of position a few times, but think it was a decent defensive display. Hogan looks a very promising player, would already be above Donnelly in the pecking order if I was picking the team.

Poor decision to award them a FK at the end, cost me £50 as well (had a tenner on dale to win at 4/1).
Blackburn friendly thread on 17:31 - Jul 20 with 3075 viewsYouTubeDale

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:07 - Jul 20 by dale_spotland

2 all, morten gamst free kick 91st minute

Our captain Cavanagh had just been named man of the match and they announced 1 min added time. Cavanagh jumped up for a header outside our box and the dodgy ref gave a freekick. It was never a foul. Up steps Pederson and puts it firmly into the back of the net.
The result spoiled by the ref.

It was the first time I saw Hogan and I was very impressed. He took his goal well. He has a massive fire in his belly and you quickly warm to him. He's a bit like Donnelly but with more skill. Vincenti took his goal with a cool head. He has pace, he is tall and can put his presence about a bit. He will be a fans' favourite too.
Bunney's touches were a bit Crouch like. If he can bag a few, guess what?...he could become a fans' favourite too.

Spoiled for choice. Oh, and apart from a few misplaced passes Hery looked good.

A mouth watering taster of things to come - I am SURE.

Up the Dale !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:37 - Jul 20 with 3027 viewsYouTubeDale

I was also very impressed with the announcer. Who was he? Will he do it again? I have nothing against Dave Sweatmore but this guy had a bit of an American boxing announcer about him.

Sign him up !!!

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:43 - Jul 20 with 2985 viewssandylaner1

good game today - deserved to win - just new peds was going to score that free kick as soon as the harsh foul was given

CB's looked better then previous, dealt well with Rhodes and Best although distribution sometimes sloppy

Cavanagh deserved MOTD another excellent display

lund - loves a tackle (ex stoke) another player tidy on the ball

hery - was everywhere today good engine and composed on the ball

vincenti took his goal well had a good game - tracked back well and gives us height

typical Henderson performance - tidy in possession and always offers an outlet

Hogan - very, very sharp. hilly has got us some player here, took his goal very well

allen - looks a prospect good on the ball

Donnelly - out muscled their cb's twice putting them under pressure with his pace think he'll do well next season

bunney - for a tall lad hes got a good touch and happy to take on players

done - trickery out on the right in the bobby role cut inside once and nearly scored with a shot from edge of box. got that extra bit of quality

KHBA

dem blue chinos hilly was wearing
Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:48 - Jul 20 with 2952 viewsboromat

Very impressed so far with what I've seen. If anything it is the new signings and the youngsters that are impressing the most and working for their places the likes of Tutte, Donnelly, Henderson and Done need to be watching their backs which can only be good for the team.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:56 - Jul 20 with 2916 views442Dale

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:30 - Jul 20 by Swissdale

Good game - well worth a tenner in my opinion!

Agree that we lost out spark when Hery and Lund were substituted. Cavanagh deserved to get MOTM, but Henderson also had a very good game.

Ross was caught out of position a few times, but think it was a decent defensive display. Hogan looks a very promising player, would already be above Donnelly in the pecking order if I was picking the team.

Poor decision to award them a FK at the end, cost me £50 as well (had a tenner on dale to win at 4/1).

The midfield battle was changed by the substitutions as the formation itself was tinkered with as Bunney played off Donnelly. Tutte wasn't as effective as Lund either on this occasion and without Hery linking it didn't work as well. That said Bunney performed admirably in the new role and he's got real confidence to run at people.

Pre-subs we had a first look at the false centre forward/playing like Spain formation some have mentioned we might use. Hogan played the central role but his natural ability took him into wider areas too with others inter-changing. Not something we can play all season, but it's good to know it can work.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:58 - Jul 20 with 2900 viewsdilligas

Vincenti and hogan were very impressive today in what was a very solid team performance
Blackburn friendly thread on 18:04 - Jul 20 with 2860 viewsolympicdale

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:43 - Jul 20 by sandylaner1

good game today - deserved to win - just new peds was going to score that free kick as soon as the harsh foul was given

CB's looked better then previous, dealt well with Rhodes and Best although distribution sometimes sloppy

vincenti took his goal well had a good game - tracked back well and gives us height

Hogan - very, very sharp. hilly has got us some player here, took his goal very well

Donnelly - out muscled their cb's twice putting them under pressure with his pace think he'll do well next season

done - trickery out on the right in the bobby role cut inside once and nearly scored with a shot from edge of box. got that extra bit of quality

KHBA

epic fail on Hillys wardrobe today, noticing their bench too, every team needs a jack too it seems.

Life is a game of fate.

Blackburn friendly thread on 18:10 - Jul 20 with 2819 viewselectricblue

What about thomson is he worth signing...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Blackburn friendly thread on 18:24 - Jul 20 with 2749 viewsTalkingSutty

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:43 - Jul 20 by sandylaner1

KHBA

Good summary, i like the look of the goalkeeper also.
Blackburn friendly thread on 18:25 - Jul 20 with 2741 viewsStatzdale

2-2 mate 91st minute equaliser from a free kick
Blackburn friendly thread on 18:26 - Jul 20 with 2609 viewsRAFC_JS

Blackburn friendly thread on 18:10 - Jul 20 by electricblue

I'd say yes, great shot stopper but needs to work on his kicking. I'd be more than happy to have him as back up.
Blackburn friendly thread on 18:29 - Jul 20 with 2592 viewsStatzdale

Blackburn friendly thread on 17:37 - Jul 20 by YouTubeDale

I was also very impressed with the announcer. Who was he? Will he do it again? I have nothing against Dave Sweatmore but this guy had a bit of an American boxing announcer about him.

Sign him up !!!

Andy Hargreaves does a bit of radio I think.
Blackburn friendly thread on 18:39 - Jul 20 with 2527 viewsChaffRAFC

Thomson - 7 - Did really well I thought, his kicking is decent from dead balls but when he's kicking a rolling ball it's suspect but he's good shot stopper and very agile. I'm impressed.

Rafferty - 6 - Did ok on the whole, got forward well and defended ok.

Rose - 7 - Did well, didn't get as forward as he would have liked which meant we didn't see his superb set pieces but he was superb in the tackle.

Eastham - 7 - Impressive I thought, seems to be building a partnership with Lancashire and I'm confident that we'll see them look really solid come the start of the season.

Lancashire - 7 - See above

Cavanagh - 7 - Played really well again, broke the play up superbly and was full of energy in the middle. No problem with him being MOTM.

Hery - 7 - Like the look of him. Looks skillful and works really hard. Can see him pushing really hard for a starting place.

Lund - 7 - Really like the look of him. He's got a look of a higher level player. His touch is very good and his passing ability is very good.

Vincenti - 7 - Looks a good player, good finish for the goal and can see him being a real asset in a variety of positions.

Henderson - 7 - Good touch as we've come to expect, good link up play and looked as good as he was last season

Hogan - 8 - This player looks like a real find. He was fantastic against Northwich but wasn't up against anything but today he was and he was superb. His goal was a tremendous effort. Has pace to burn and looks incredibly comfortable on the ball and can certainly hit a ball as well. First name on the team sheet for Hartlepool for me.

Subs:

Done - 7 - Looked decent when he came on and tried to get things moving down the wing.

Donnelly - 6 - Full of energy and running but lacked a bit of sharpness

Allen - 7 - Looks a top little player and gets better every time I see him.

Tutte - 6 - Looked a tad sluggish when he came on, slowed the play down in comparison to Hery and Lund I felt but did ok.

Bunney - 7 - Decent touch for a big man, will get better with confidence I reckon.

Was very impressed today, our movement in the first half was really good and the link up play had Blackburn chasing their tails. Scott Hogan looks a real find, very very impressed with him. The link up play for the disallowed goal started by our own corner flag with Henderson and was superb including the finish.

I'm very encouraged with how we're shaping up. We've got a squad with bags of talent, bags of work rate and it's great to watch.

Oh and aside from that, please can Dave Sweetmore come back as soon as possible please.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Blackburn friendly thread on 18:52 - Jul 20 with 2473 viewsdebbiesfella

How did the pitch look and play?
Blackburn friendly thread on 18:53 - Jul 20 with 2467 viewsChaffRAFC

Blackburn friendly thread on 18:52 - Jul 20 by debbiesfella

How did the pitch look and play?

Like a carpet. Superb effort but that's usually the case in the summer.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Blackburn friendly thread on 19:02 - Jul 20 with 2412 viewssweetcorn

Really looking forward to this coming season. The squad really looks strong, balanced and full of talent.

Just want that experienced striker in and i'm confident we can push for a top 3 place this year.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Blackburn friendly thread on 19:45 - Jul 20 with 2287 viewsYouTubeDale

Blackburn friendly thread on 18:10 - Jul 20 by electricblue

I loved his starfish save from close range. He also pulled off another cracker. He's not tall which usually means keepers makes up for that with their agility...and I think that's his strength given the little I've seen of him.
He did find Done when kicking long and was quick off the mark to set up counter attacks.

Blackburn friendly thread on 19:57 - Jul 20 with 2246 viewsmikehunt

Yep. Well impressed and concur with above comments. Disappointed to concede from the free kick, particularly as they hit the post from one in the first half. Then I thought our keeper was guarding the wrong post and the same happened when they scored, even though the wall seemed well positioned. The sign of a good free kick taker I suppose

What sort of team did Rovers put out? Looking through their lineup I hadn't heard of many (but that's not saying much for me).

Did anyone else see Done clatter into one of their players at the end, kicking out at them. It looked bad enough for a sending off to me. So odd and out of character with the game and with the player.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Blackburn friendly thread on 21:21 - Jul 20 with 2005 viewsqlrken05

Blackburn friendly thread on 18:39 - Jul 20 by ChaffRAFC

Thomson - 7 - Did really well I thought, his kicking is decent from dead balls but when he's kicking a rolling ball it's suspect but he's good shot stopper and very agile. I'm impressed.

Rafferty - 6 - Did ok on the whole, got forward well and defended ok.

Rose - 7 - Did well, didn't get as forward as he would have liked which meant we didn't see his superb set pieces but he was superb in the tackle.

Eastham - 7 - Impressive I thought, seems to be building a partnership with Lancashire and I'm confident that we'll see them look really solid come the start of the season.

Lancashire - 7 - See above

Cavanagh - 7 - Played really well again, broke the play up superbly and was full of energy in the middle. No problem with him being MOTM.

Hery - 7 - Like the look of him. Looks skillful and works really hard. Can see him pushing really hard for a starting place.

Lund - 7 - Really like the look of him. He's got a look of a higher level player. His touch is very good and his passing ability is very good.

Vincenti - 7 - Looks a good player, good finish for the goal and can see him being a real asset in a variety of positions.

Henderson - 7 - Good touch as we've come to expect, good link up play and looked as good as he was last season

Hogan - 8 - This player looks like a real find. He was fantastic against Northwich but wasn't up against anything but today he was and he was superb. His goal was a tremendous effort. Has pace to burn and looks incredibly comfortable on the ball and can certainly hit a ball as well. First name on the team sheet for Hartlepool for me.

Subs:

Done - 7 - Looked decent when he came on and tried to get things moving down the wing.

Donnelly - 6 - Full of energy and running but lacked a bit of sharpness

Allen - 7 - Looks a top little player and gets better every time I see him.

Tutte - 6 - Looked a tad sluggish when he came on, slowed the play down in comparison to Hery and Lund I felt but did ok.

Bunney - 7 - Decent touch for a big man, will get better with confidence I reckon.

Was very impressed today, our movement in the first half was really good and the link up play had Blackburn chasing their tails. Scott Hogan looks a real find, very very impressed with him. The link up play for the disallowed goal started by our own corner flag with Henderson and was superb including the finish.

I'm very encouraged with how we're shaping up. We've got a squad with bags of talent, bags of work rate and it's great to watch.

Oh and aside from that, please can Dave Sweetmore come back as soon as possible please.

Chaff that is perfect, you have got it just absolutley spot on for today mate, Brilliant .thank you

Come on Rochdale... Come on Rochdale

Blackburn friendly thread on 21:28 - Jul 20 with 1983 viewsTalkingSutty

Blackburn friendly thread on 19:57 - Jul 20 by mikehunt

Yep. Well impressed and concur with above comments. Disappointed to concede from the free kick, particularly as they hit the post from one in the first half. Then I thought our keeper was guarding the wrong post and the same happened when they scored, even though the wall seemed well positioned. The sign of a good free kick taker I suppose

What sort of team did Rovers put out? Looking through their lineup I hadn't heard of many (but that's not saying much for me).

Did anyone else see Done clatter into one of their players at the end, kicking out at them. It looked bad enough for a sending off to me. So odd and out of character with the game and with the player.

Rovers played their strongest squad. A forward line of Jordan Rhodes, DJ Campbell, Leon Best isnt a shabby one.

We played well today and now Hillys biggest task must be deciding on his strongest starting eleven.

My starting eleven for the Hartlepool game would be....

Lillis

Rafferty Lancahire Eastham Rose

Cavanagh

Vincenti Tutte

Done

Hogan Henderson

Lund was close to replacing Tutte and i also think Bunny will be knocking on the door for a starting berth soon. His height from the bench could be a good weapon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024