Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? 14:58 - Aug 6 with 6691 viewsthemodfather

as we continue to clear the decks, losing the high earners etc
when do we get the newbys?
dunne and henry hardly set our world alight, austin looks a good one
i await your next car window interview 'arry....if it excites me it will send jim white apoplectic!
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:03 - Aug 6 with 5074 viewsRblockPrior

still 3 weeks odd of the transfer window, I expect us to make at least 1 other signing this week, plus expect us 2 get 2 youngsters on loan from prem clubs. Another successful loan like we had when walker came down please :)

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:08 - Aug 6 with 5056 viewsWokingR

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:03 - Aug 6 by RblockPrior

still 3 weeks odd of the transfer window, I expect us to make at least 1 other signing this week, plus expect us 2 get 2 youngsters on loan from prem clubs. Another successful loan like we had when walker came down please :)

So maybe we might be the reason Bale hasn't signed for Real Madrid then ?

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:12 - Aug 6 with 5039 viewsdaveB

Dunne might need to play before he sets our world alight.

I think the mind blowing signings are Parker, Crouch and Defoe and we won't get any of them
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:17 - Aug 6 with 5023 viewsQPRDave

Not fussed about mind blowing signings personally. I got so excited after last summers business, looking at the calibre of players coming in and look what happened.
Quite happy with good pros like O'Neil coming in.
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:21 - Aug 6 with 4997 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I just want another striker as it's a long season and we all know what happened last year with 8 less games.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:21 - Aug 6 with 4993 viewsDylanP

I don't know about mind blowing, but I think that on reflection Austin is the most exciting transfer in a few years. Instead of old pros taking a step down to a small club to get one last payday, we have snagged a young proven goal scorer who sees us as a step up and is hungry to prove his is up to it. brilliant signing with an eye to the future.

As for mind blowing, I suspect something will come along in the next couple of weeks where we will snag someone (in the mold of Defoe or Crouch) who nobody expected to be willing to take a step down to the championship. Everyone will whoop and cheer, but i will still be more excited by the Austin signing than the old respected pro.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:23 - Aug 6 with 4984 viewsQPRDave

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:21 - Aug 6 by Metallica_Hoop

I just want another striker as it's a long season and we all know what happened last year with 8 less games.

Yeah we need another goalscorer
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:31 - Aug 6 with 4962 viewsenfieldargh

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:12 - Aug 6 by daveB

Dunne might need to play before he sets our world alight.

I think the mind blowing signings are Parker, Crouch and Defoe and we won't get any of them

from what i've heard at least one of those and its not a tall story

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

when do we get the on 15:33 - Aug 6 with 4950 views18StoneOfHoop

I'd rate Sensible Astute Dave's 3 good guesses as:
Parker 30% likely
Crouch 45% likely - (around Sep 1st)
Defoe 2.2% likely

Don't forget as 'fairly exciting' incoming rumours
broken armed Matt Phillips from Blackpool still seems a distinct posssibility - no other teams mentioned as gazzumpers -
or as an alternative wing wizard
Liverpool's very own mercurial maverick Morrocan Oussama Assaidi - just to keep Gazza1 and Stupid 'JoeyMoreIn78MinsThanAdelIn2Seasons' Dave happy - probably on a season long loan.

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/343715-Assaidi-to-Queens-Park-Rangers

[Post edited 6 Aug 2013 15:59]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

when do we get the on 15:46 - Aug 6 with 4905 viewsQPRDave

when do we get the on 15:33 - Aug 6 by 18StoneOfHoop

I'd rate Sensible Astute Dave's 3 good guesses as:
Parker 30% likely
Crouch 45% likely - (around Sep 1st)
Defoe 2.2% likely

Don't forget as 'fairly exciting' incoming rumours
broken armed Matt Phillips from Blackpool still seems a distinct posssibility - no other teams mentioned as gazzumpers -
or as an alternative wing wizard
Liverpool's very own mercurial maverick Morrocan Oussama Assaidi - just to keep Gazza1 and Stupid 'JoeyMoreIn78MinsThanAdelIn2Seasons' Dave happy - probably on a season long loan.

http://forums.liverpoolfc.com/threads/343715-Assaidi-to-Queens-Park-Rangers

[Post edited 6 Aug 2013 15:59]

Never heard of him 18........does turn up to train?!!
when do we get the on 15:54 - Aug 6 with 4865 viewsQPunkR

when do we get the on 15:46 - Aug 6 by QPRDave

Never heard of him 18........does turn up to train?!!

Yeah, 3 days late

QPR - "shit but local"

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:55 - Aug 6 with 4863 viewsJamie

Would love us to take Ryo Miyaichi on loan for the season but he's not the sort of player were after.
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:59 - Aug 6 with 4839 viewsJonDoeman

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:55 - Aug 6 by Jamie

Would love us to take Ryo Miyaichi on loan for the season but he's not the sort of player were after.

what sort of player are we after oracle?

It Is What It Is !!

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 16:05 - Aug 6 with 4807 viewsJamie

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:59 - Aug 6 by JonDoeman

what sort of player are we after oracle?

Honest, hard working & reliable British pros.
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 16:10 - Aug 6 with 4783 viewsQPRDave

Just the job then!
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 16:23 - Aug 6 with 4729 viewsbosh67

We should have signed Holt to play alongside Austin. Those two would have caused havoc. But... a striker is a must and another potential creative midfielder.

So Townsend or A N Other on loan or bought and a big bully target man who can jump. I don't see why we don't finally go after Ricky Lambert. He would do the job he should have been doing for us for the last 3 years. Probably get Lambert for about £2-3m as he's over 30 and technically a junior at Rangers!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 16:35 - Aug 6 with 4664 viewsMatch82

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 16:23 - Aug 6 by bosh67

We should have signed Holt to play alongside Austin. Those two would have caused havoc. But... a striker is a must and another potential creative midfielder.

So Townsend or A N Other on loan or bought and a big bully target man who can jump. I don't see why we don't finally go after Ricky Lambert. He would do the job he should have been doing for us for the last 3 years. Probably get Lambert for about £2-3m as he's over 30 and technically a junior at Rangers!

Why on earth would Ricky Lambert come to us?

Absolutely no chance he goes for less than 5m after what he did last year, and that's at the low end.
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 16:39 - Aug 6 with 4654 views18StoneOfHoop

As a slight aside
Andy Sinton's replacement was a pretty mindblowing capture.
185 apps and 21 goals (including that best Hoops goal of all-time(?) one v Barnsley in the cup)from Aug 1993 until Jan 1998 until some certain canny cockney wheeler-dealer merchant stole him off us for 2.3 mill + Dowie & Rowland .
Went on to win 12 caps for England.

He's still got it :

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 16:40 - Aug 6 with 4649 viewssimmo

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 15:55 - Aug 6 by Jamie

He is quality, had his injuries last season but looks a real prospect.

I think we need 1 striker, 1 winger and a LB. That is being farily greedy and it is surprising saying we need another 3 when we have bought so many in recent years but if Traore goes we need another LB as back up for YSY or 1st choice if he is still not quite there yet. A striker for obvious reasons and a winger, preferably one that can operate both but primarily on the right. I dont think SWP has enough to start and we dont really have any natural replacements that can play on the wings.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 17:08 - Aug 6 with 4544 viewsrsonist

Assaidi would be good fun.
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 17:24 - Aug 6 with 4506 viewscorse

defoe would be good. crouch defo not.
but hardly mind blowing signings either of them.
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 17:41 - Aug 6 with 4445 viewsMerthyrHoop

I would suggest that who we sign is based significantly on who we get out the door.

It seems that the likes of Cesar, Mbia, Granero, Park and Taarabt will follow Remy, plus the possibility of Traore, Barton and Hoilett if rumours are to be believed.

I would imagine Redknapp is keen on a centre-half, a centre-midfielder, a winger and another striker, plus probably a left-back and another winger if Traore and Hoilett were to go.

Mooted signings seem to be Chris Baird, Gary O'Neil, Matt Phillips and one of Defoe/Crouch/A.N. Other, aLthough I'd like us to have a little look at Luciano Becchio, on a loan if Norwich were willing.

If Traore were to go, I'd like us to sign a Premier League youngster on loan to challenge YSY for a place rather than waste time on someone like Konchesky. If Hoilett were to go, I wouldn't mind seeing if someone like James McLean was available on loan....especially if Hoilett goes to Sunderland as has been suggested
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 17:41 - Aug 6 with 4441 viewsQPRDave

when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 16:35 - Aug 6 by Match82

Why on earth would Ricky Lambert come to us?

Absolutely no chance he goes for less than 5m after what he did last year, and that's at the low end.

There were rumours of Reading targeting Lambert, so if he were interested in dropping down a division then we should ask him if he'd come here
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 17:49 - Aug 6 with 4407 viewsJuzzie

Just remember, we're now living in a global, media obssesed, world. Take phrases such as "mind blowing" with a pinch of salt and we can sleep easier at night not wondering whether it's Messi or Ronaldo that we'll acquire. Unless it's both.

We should know by now it's all about hype, spin, branding etc.
when do we get the "mind blowing "signings then? on 17:52 - Aug 6 with 4395 viewsSomersetHoops

I would be disappointed to lose Hoilett, just as he's started playing well for us. Or is he only playing well to get a move? - I hope not.

Who's Next?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024