Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale to appeal Donnelly decision 11:33 - Sep 23 with 16160 viewsSaxonDale

according to the club twitter feed.
Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 08:55 - Sep 24 with 3709 viewsScunnydale

Picture four makes it look like Hunt doing the stamping, as you can see his girly yellow boot but not Donnelly's manly powder blue one.

I'm not saying that Hunt was the aggressor, but merely pointing out that those pictures conclusively prove knack all.
Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 13:16 - Sep 24 with 3542 viewsAtThePeake

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 08:55 - Sep 24 by Scunnydale

Picture four makes it look like Hunt doing the stamping, as you can see his girly yellow boot but not Donnelly's manly powder blue one.

I'm not saying that Hunt was the aggressor, but merely pointing out that those pictures conclusively prove knack all.

I think it's made to look worse against Donnelly because Donnelly is going in with his body facing the ball, whereas Hunt's turned his back a little bit, and looks more like he's just sticking a leg out at it.

Tangled up in blue.

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 14:40 - Sep 24 with 3466 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Appeal rejected.
Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 14:55 - Sep 24 with 3433 viewsSuddenLad

Another £500 down the swanny - but I think they were right to try.

There's more chance of an appeal to Kim Jong-Il in North Korea being successful than to this shower of numpties at the FL tribunal.

Shocking decision by the referee made worse by the review panel. Just WHEN will referees be made accountable for ridiculous, obviously wrong, decisions.

Might as well not bother in future and just save £500. A law unto themselves.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 14:57 - Sep 24 with 3426 viewsKenBoon

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 14:40 - Sep 24 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

Appeal rejected.

Sadly inevitable. Of course no other action has been taken, just pat the referee on the back and ignore the huge Elephant in the room. If Dyke wants to be taken seriously then he should start clamping down now. I'm sure the laws can be interpreted so retrospective punishments can be handed out (Was Rivaldo banned for a couple of games in the 2002 WC?). A referee has interpreted that as a lunge over the ball (it clearly wasn't) so the laws are clearly flexible. The FA have to do something, they don't have Gareth Bale to scapegoat now.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 14:58]
Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 16:14 - Sep 24 with 3323 viewsmacro

No surprise unfortunately. You hBe to be welsh to get an appeal overturned it seems
Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 16:19 - Sep 24 with 3308 viewsD_Alien

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 14:55 - Sep 24 by SuddenLad

Another £500 down the swanny - but I think they were right to try.

There's more chance of an appeal to Kim Jong-Il in North Korea being successful than to this shower of numpties at the FL tribunal.

Shocking decision by the referee made worse by the review panel. Just WHEN will referees be made accountable for ridiculous, obviously wrong, decisions.

Might as well not bother in future and just save £500. A law unto themselves.

Given what we (and certainly the club) know about the FL numpties, why was it right to try?

If the intention is simply to show solidarity with Donnelly, that's verging on favouritism unless the same principle is applied to all straight red-carded Dale players, which clearly its not.

The outcome of the appeal wasn't in doubt. I stand by my initial impression that the ref over-reacted, but the FL panel would be viewing the incident in a very cold light and with a view to protecting the "integrity" of the ref.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 16:38 - Sep 24 with 3261 viewsmacro

The fa can say he intended to hurt him and get around it that way. It's a joke
Login to get fewer ads

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 16:41 - Sep 24 with 3255 viewsmacro

The fa can say he intended to hurt him and get around it that way. It's a joke
Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 17:17 - Sep 24 with 3169 viewsSuddenLad

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 16:19 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

Given what we (and certainly the club) know about the FL numpties, why was it right to try?

If the intention is simply to show solidarity with Donnelly, that's verging on favouritism unless the same principle is applied to all straight red-carded Dale players, which clearly its not.

The outcome of the appeal wasn't in doubt. I stand by my initial impression that the ref over-reacted, but the FL panel would be viewing the incident in a very cold light and with a view to protecting the "integrity" of the ref.

The decision to appeal was 'right' because the judgement in making the decision of the referee to send off George Donnelly was wrong. Therefore, in order to annul the decision Dale had to make an appeal.

What compounds the issue is the absolute disgrace of a decision to uphold the red card without any explanation.

Nothing to do with solidarity with Donnelly per se, just an attempt to correct a wrong decision. If a player is unjustifiably shown a red card, then it is the duty of the club to appeal, and Rochdale AFC will not under any circumstances make any appeal without feeling absolutely justified in doing so. £500 is no trivial sum to many clubs at this level.

The identity of the specific player is irrelevant. It's the original decision that was wrong. To protect the 'integrity'of the referee at all costs is no excuse and no basis on which to make any rational decision at the appeal.

It stinks and it's time that a new system was put in place and a neutral panel convened that isn't beholden to either the officials who run the game nor any of the idiots who currently operate the circus.

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 17:53 - Sep 24 with 3096 viewsboromat

I bet Colin Garlick is furious, looking forward to his next interview to hear what he has to say. Be interesting to know the FA's reasoning.

Makes a mockery of the system.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 17:56 - Sep 24 with 3087 views442Dale

Shocked. Stunned. Flabbergasted.

Well, if they'd overturned it maybe. Not altered original view of the incident at the time.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 18:48 - Sep 24 with 3019 viewsD_Alien

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 17:17 - Sep 24 by SuddenLad

The decision to appeal was 'right' because the judgement in making the decision of the referee to send off George Donnelly was wrong. Therefore, in order to annul the decision Dale had to make an appeal.

What compounds the issue is the absolute disgrace of a decision to uphold the red card without any explanation.

Nothing to do with solidarity with Donnelly per se, just an attempt to correct a wrong decision. If a player is unjustifiably shown a red card, then it is the duty of the club to appeal, and Rochdale AFC will not under any circumstances make any appeal without feeling absolutely justified in doing so. £500 is no trivial sum to many clubs at this level.

The identity of the specific player is irrelevant. It's the original decision that was wrong. To protect the 'integrity'of the referee at all costs is no excuse and no basis on which to make any rational decision at the appeal.

It stinks and it's time that a new system was put in place and a neutral panel convened that isn't beholden to either the officials who run the game nor any of the idiots who currently operate the circus.

It's all wishful thinking.

In the real world, it's a waste of £500

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 18:51 - Sep 24 with 3010 viewsDySporting

The problem is that the system is flawed unless you're Welsh. Donnelly won the ball cleanly but the refs view thanks to the accy players is the intention to hurt an opponent. It's a joke
Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 19:01 - Sep 24 with 2976 views442Dale

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 18:51 - Sep 24 by DySporting

The problem is that the system is flawed unless you're Welsh. Donnelly won the ball cleanly but the refs view thanks to the accy players is the intention to hurt an opponent. It's a joke

Hunt got to the ball first the ball then it rebounds off Donnelly after his challenge and heads in the direction of the ref: the complete opposite way to the Accrington goal. He certainly didn't win it cleanly, the rest can be debated forever.

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 19:37 - Sep 24 with 2587 viewsD_Alien

The point I made about favouritism (even if it wasn't) is relevant here

IMO the club have made a rod for their own backs

The next time someone picks up a straight red, unless its for something crass like elbowing or headbutting, if the club don't lodge an appeal the player might well feel aggrieved that Donnelly was "supported" but not them

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 19:46 - Sep 24 with 2567 viewsRockerdale97

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 19:01 - Sep 24 by 442Dale

Hunt got to the ball first the ball then it rebounds off Donnelly after his challenge and heads in the direction of the ref: the complete opposite way to the Accrington goal. He certainly didn't win it cleanly, the rest can be debated forever.

Its as if you dont like Donnelly 442.
Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 19:55 - Sep 24 with 2541 viewsSuddenLad

It doesn't matter who the player is, any decision to appeal must be based purely on the likelihood of a successful result, in this case based on a perverse refereeing decision in the first place.

George Donnelly was the victim of a shocking refereeing decision. Rochdale AFC have now been 'mugged' - yet again - for £500, by yet another unfathomable decision made by people who are seemingly uninterested in correcting a blatant error of judgement.

And so the farce continues. Appeals panels will never have any respect nor any integrity unless they start to overturn incorrect and blatantly wrong decisions. Referees are human, sometimes they get it wrong. These panels need to understand and accept that.

Lower league clubs are being regularly humiliated simply by legitimately challenge refereeing decisions. God forbid that anyone should have the temerity to disagree with a referee.

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 20:06 - Sep 24 with 2523 views442Dale

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 19:46 - Sep 24 by Rockerdale97

Its as if you dont like Donnelly 442.

It's as if I thought it was a decision that was understandable. As was the Vincenti sending off. As a team we need to be looking at the red cards and at what we can do to cut down on them. Not challenging like that after losing control of the ball is one way, not going in like Vincenti did when on a yellow is another.

Nathan Stanton was one of my favourite Dale players, but the way he tackled at times was silly and very predictable. Players need to learn.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 20:08]

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 20:31 - Sep 24 with 2475 viewsmacro

Vincenti no arguments two silly challenges but Donnelly is harsh. Play acting by accy affected the ref
Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 20:43 - Sep 24 with 2457 viewsDaley_Lama

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 20:31 - Sep 24 by macro

Vincenti no arguments two silly challenges but Donnelly is harsh. Play acting by accy affected the ref

Rochdale and appeals is like the Greek Legend of Sisphyus, try, fail, try again, fail, try again, fail.

I don't blame the club for trying though. Imagine how GD would have felt if he had said "please appeal because everybody and his dog apart from the ref in the ground didn't think it was a red card" and the club had said "no, sorry mate, we don't want to risk £500 or whatever it is"

GD would be slightly peeved, thanks for nothing attitude and i wouldn't blame him either.

I'd love to know if we have ever won one of these.

Poll: DF in or out

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 20:44 - Sep 24 with 2457 views442Dale

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 20:31 - Sep 24 by macro

Possibly so, but we can only affect what we do, not the opposition or the referee.

Stanton v Bury in the playoff season being a good example. He ended up missing the first leg at Darlington for a daft challenge he didn't need to make with players possibly capable of covering. It's all about decision making.

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 20:44 - Sep 24 with 2456 viewsKenBoon

Why does it cost £500 to make an appeal? It shouldn't cost a penny. If you're taking the pee with your appeals then hand out match ban punishments. Charging money just creates an unlevel playing field. That shouldn't happen when it comes to seeing the laws applied properly.
Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 20:45 - Sep 24 with 2452 views442Dale

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 20:43 - Sep 24 by Daley_Lama

Rochdale and appeals is like the Greek Legend of Sisphyus, try, fail, try again, fail, try again, fail.

I don't blame the club for trying though. Imagine how GD would have felt if he had said "please appeal because everybody and his dog apart from the ref in the ground didn't think it was a red card" and the club had said "no, sorry mate, we don't want to risk £500 or whatever it is"

GD would be slightly peeved, thanks for nothing attitude and i wouldn't blame him either.

Ironically, while talking about Stanton, I think we won an appeal for a red he got at Aldershot in the Joe Thompson 4-2 game.

And Cooksey so he could play at Charlton.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 20:46]

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 21:08 - Sep 24 with 2418 viewsD_Alien

Dale to appeal Donnelly decision on 20:43 - Sep 24 by Daley_Lama

If anything, it reminds me of the Aussie tactics in challenging umpiring decisions during this summer's Ashes series.

There has to be a line drawn, and just because the player given out / red carded thinks its unfair doesn't mean the challenge has to be made!

To repeat, I was one of the most vociferous on here in maintaining Donnelly's innocence in the post-match aftermath.

It was still wrong to appeal, on the grown-up grounds that the likelihood of success was nil.

*Edit: there's nothing to stop the club from coming out with a statement to the effect that they believe Donnelly's challenge was made in good faith, but that challenging it would, in this instance, be futile.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2013 21:12]

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024