Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
100% dive 15:27 - Dec 14 with 6778 viewsG_Dale

Fell before any players even touched him

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

100% dive on 17:10 - Dec 14 with 4245 viewsdale4ever

Shock horror we've been screwed over with another garbage decision!
100% dive on 17:15 - Dec 14 with 4225 viewsSandyman

Fleetwood's very own Ashley Young, and a ref dumb enough to fall for it.
100% dive on 17:17 - Dec 14 with 4212 views442Dale

100% dive on 17:10 - Dec 14 by dale4ever

Another? Which others?

Today's looked like a ref very quick to give a penalty. Didn't look a foul on first viewing, more a collision together of players at speed, but will wait for a second look.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

100% dive on 17:27 - Dec 14 with 4142 viewsfitzochris

100% dive on 17:10 - Dec 14 by dale4ever

It's arguable we've been screwed over by being ineffectual in the final third while controlling possession.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

100% dive on 17:29 - Dec 14 with 4133 viewsYorkshire_Dale

100% dive on 17:27 - Dec 14 by fitzochris

It's arguable we've been screwed over by being ineffectual in the final third while controlling possession.

.....see other thread on "Need a Centre Forward"
[Post edited 14 Dec 2013 17:35]
100% dive on 17:32 - Dec 14 with 4115 viewsToffeemanc

Referee was awful all game, should have had a guide dog with him!

The standard of referees in general this season seems to have been poor at best.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

100% dive on 17:35 - Dec 14 with 4094 viewsdale4ever

Yeah we've done that too!
100% dive on 18:44 - Dec 14 with 3898 viewssandylaner1

looked similar to the penalty west brom conceded at chelsea - minimal contact

but we shouldn't of let their left back get in the box so easily after coasting past 2 players

**controversial but how long do we as fans have to berate the refs and officials. yes it looked a bad decision and not the only one in that first half hour period but we as a team didn't really get going either

yes let your feelings known but to shout constantly when the ref or lino is in earshot - fair enough if its something witty or produces a laugh to those around you but to just shout inane stuff is pointless

these people should save their voices to encourage the players on the pitch
Login to get fewer ads

100% dive on 18:52 - Dec 14 with 3861 viewsmacro

I have to say from where I was sitting I couldn't make out pen or no pen but I spoke to Vincenti in the bar after the game and he was adamant it wasn't a pen
100% dive on 18:53 - Dec 14 with 3861 viewsRalphs12

Rhys left the ref with little choice in my opinion. But there player should not have made it into the box so easily. Bad defending.
100% dive on 19:02 - Dec 14 with 3844 viewsTalkingSutty

That's the one, we seemed to look to go backwards as a first option in the first half. It wasn't the refs fault that the Fleetwood keeper could have had a day off today and they still would have won. From the first minute of today's game we looked very lightweight up front. I wanted Hilly to be pro active rather than reactive regarding getting another forward in but as we slide down the league it will probably now be reactive whilst other teams have stolen a march on us.
100% dive on 19:31 - Dec 14 with 3767 viewsChaffRAFC

From where I was stood, as soon as he went down I was sure a penalty was gonna be given. To me it looked soft BUT Bennett's arm was out and he pushed him. Definite penalty but their lad went down very easily.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

100% dive on 19:58 - Dec 14 with 3698 viewsD_Alien

100% dive on 19:02 - Dec 14 by TalkingSutty

That's the one, we seemed to look to go backwards as a first option in the first half. It wasn't the refs fault that the Fleetwood keeper could have had a day off today and they still would have won. From the first minute of today's game we looked very lightweight up front. I wanted Hilly to be pro active rather than reactive regarding getting another forward in but as we slide down the league it will probably now be reactive whilst other teams have stolen a march on us.

Agreed

If you're going to set a team up to play possession football fine, but what happens when you've got players out injured/suspended/off form AND its blowing a gale?

Fleetwood won because they played to their strengths with a balanced side.

We were unbalanced, indecisive, overcomplicated and lacking in energy.

The ref's performance was irrelevant. I'm sick of hearing it as an excuse for defeat.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

100% dive on 20:12 - Dec 14 with 3659 viewsG_Dale

100% dive on 19:58 - Dec 14 by D_Alien

Agreed

If you're going to set a team up to play possession football fine, but what happens when you've got players out injured/suspended/off form AND its blowing a gale?

Fleetwood won because they played to their strengths with a balanced side.

We were unbalanced, indecisive, overcomplicated and lacking in energy.

The ref's performance was irrelevant. I'm sick of hearing it as an excuse for defeat.

Has anyone on here blamed our defeat on the ref?
Has Keith blamed the ref? I've not heard any post match stuff

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

100% dive on 20:35 - Dec 14 with 3617 viewsTVOS1907

100% dive on 19:31 - Dec 14 by ChaffRAFC

From where I was stood, as soon as he went down I was sure a penalty was gonna be given. To me it looked soft BUT Bennett's arm was out and he pushed him. Definite penalty but their lad went down very easily.

It looked like a Will Buckley penalty to me from t'other end.

And almost a replica of the foul on Hogan that won us the free-kick for the first goal v Exeter.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

100% dive on 20:36 - Dec 14 with 3610 viewsrobbowood

Looking from at it from the Sandy End (a few yards away from me) when their bloke first got into the box at least one of players made sure there was no contact. Their bloke then went another 2-3 yards and two of our players were in front of him. He seemed to try to run through between the two of them and in the process went over. I wouldn't say he was sandwiched. Whether their bloke had the ball under control and was also fouled in the process is hard to say as it happened so quickly. I thought it was a harsh decision and didn't think any of our defender fouled him but the referee was only a few yards away - someone said it was similar to a penalty given in the Leics v Burnley game earlier. Most players go down if given the chance in the box and with referees and penalties you win some and lose some
100% dive on 20:43 - Dec 14 with 3593 views442Dale

100% dive on 20:12 - Dec 14 by G_Dale

Hope he doesn't. As long as we choose to concentrate on what we can do better rather than worrying about refs and decisions we can do nowt about, it doesn't matter about the odd bad call.

100% dive on 20:46 - Dec 14 with 3585 viewsTalkingSutty

Hilly's post match interview on radio Manchester blamed the ref and the penalty decision. He stated having seen the decision a couple of times it wasn't a penalty. He didn't really mention any other aspect of the performance apart from the weather having an effect.
100% dive on 20:49 - Dec 14 with 3575 viewsSaxonDale

Just seen the penalty on SSN. Awful decision, absolutely awful.
100% dive on 20:50 - Dec 14 with 3570 views442Dale

100% dive on 20:46 - Dec 14 by TalkingSutty

Hilly's post match interview on radio Manchester blamed the ref and the penalty decision. He stated having seen the decision a couple of times it wasn't a penalty. He didn't really mention any other aspect of the performance apart from the weather having an effect.

It made so little difference though, we equalised after for gods sake. Nor could we control the weather. 

100% dive on 20:54 - Dec 14 with 3557 viewsTalkingSutty

100% dive on 20:50 - Dec 14 by 442Dale

It made so little difference though, we equalised after for gods sake. Nor could we control the weather. 

Correct.
100% dive on 21:45 - Dec 14 with 3468 viewsonedalefan

Keith on Radio Manchester seemed to blame the ref totally for the defeat and said we at least deserved a draw. Sorry Keith, but the penalty was given after 22 minutes and for 68 minutes after, we never looked as if we deserved anything.
100% dive on 21:51 - Dec 14 with 3458 viewsNotEyreClue

100% dive on 21:45 - Dec 14 by onedalefan

Keith on Radio Manchester seemed to blame the ref totally for the defeat and said we at least deserved a draw. Sorry Keith, but the penalty was given after 22 minutes and for 68 minutes after, we never looked as if we deserved anything.

Mourinhoesque. No wonder he wants to meet the man. It doesn't even deflect criticism away from him or the players...it just makes him look like a tool.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

100% dive on 22:08 - Dec 14 with 3429 viewsTalkingSutty

100% dive on 21:51 - Dec 14 by NotEyreClue

Mourinhoesque. No wonder he wants to meet the man. It doesn't even deflect criticism away from him or the players...it just makes him look like a tool.

"Tool" is a bit harsh and uncalled for but for God's sake it does insult people's intelligence to suggest that the referee was the reason for the defeat. Why not just mention the decision but add that we should have put more pressure on the opposition's defence. Managers must really believe that the paying customer can't distinguish between a good and poor performance, Fleetwood looked a lot better than us today but I still think we could have taken a point or three had we shown more intent.
100% dive on 22:13 - Dec 14 with 3416 viewsTomRAFC

Shoulder to shoulder contact. Player went down intentionally after the contact.

Defenders are damned if they do and damned if they don't these days. If they make any kind of contact it is an excuse to go down and it's a penalty. If they don't make a challenge then it's a clear shot at goal.

I am trying to find away around using the cliche' "it's a man's game" but...

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024