Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Made up for the Chairman !! 18:36 - Jan 4 with 1672 viewsTalkingSutty

Days like today are what makes supporting the Dale well worth it.Lets face it lifes a struggle for the club financially and Chris Dunphy must be floating tonight.

Make no mistake todays petformance was one of the finest ones i have ever seen from a Rochdale team, they did the town proud.
Made up for the Chairman !! on 18:39 - Jan 4 with 1646 viewsShakersforever

Get a big team in next round and this should safeguard your existence for the next 5 years ... or push for the play offs next year ... in league 1!
Made up for the Chairman !! on 19:15 - Jan 4 with 1516 viewsR17ALE

Made up for the Chairman !! on 18:39 - Jan 4 by Shakersforever

Get a big team in next round and this should safeguard your existence for the next 5 years ... or push for the play offs next year ... in league 1!

I was pleased for CD too TS. He sounded as chirpy as I've ever heard him on GMR afterwards.

A year ago today he was as low as he's ever been watching us lose to Wimbledon 1-0 in a match Rafferty was sent off in front of less than 2000 Dale fans, and our League position was a worry.

This Cup Run will hopefully see finances remain healthy for the next 12 months. We can't expect Directors to keep throwing their own money into the club as used to be the case.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Made up for the Chairman !! on 19:18 - Jan 4 with 1473 viewsjudd

Made up for the Chairman !! on 19:15 - Jan 4 by R17ALE

I was pleased for CD too TS. He sounded as chirpy as I've ever heard him on GMR afterwards.

A year ago today he was as low as he's ever been watching us lose to Wimbledon 1-0 in a match Rafferty was sent off in front of less than 2000 Dale fans, and our League position was a worry.

This Cup Run will hopefully see finances remain healthy for the next 12 months. We can't expect Directors to keep throwing their own money into the club as used to be the case.

He was brilliant on GMR. So refreshingly down to earth and honest.

"Are you going to celebrate tonight?"

"Yes, I'm off for a few beers as soon as I've finished up here with my fellow Directors."

Enjoy your ale, Mr Dunphy.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Made up for the Chairman !! on 19:19 - Jan 4 with 1459 viewsmacro

What a difference in those months a proper manager in charge for a fantastic chairman. Today's a proud moment for him, here's hoping ball 14 is lucky tomorrow
Made up for the Chairman !! on 19:27 - Jan 4 with 1407 viewsTalkingSutty

I sound a bit sad but the glory/promotion etc comes a distant second to the financial health of the club for me. I am proud that we make ends meet and today's result will take any pressures off. It's impossible for fly by night premiership fans to ever have the same emotional attachment that we have for our club, money or glory doesn't buy that, it's our club !!
Made up for the Chairman !! on 19:32 - Jan 4 with 1360 views49thseason

Made up for the Chairman !! on 19:27 - Jan 4 by TalkingSutty

I sound a bit sad but the glory/promotion etc comes a distant second to the financial health of the club for me. I am proud that we make ends meet and today's result will take any pressures off. It's impossible for fly by night premiership fans to ever have the same emotional attachment that we have for our club, money or glory doesn't buy that, it's our club !!

I agree - but isn't it bloody brilliant when days like this come along? I hope everyone who sees the Chairman out tonight buys him a drink.
Made up for the Chairman !! on 19:37 - Jan 4 with 1313 viewsmodelboydave

After the match the chairman walked into the bar and got a round of applause from several people. Nice touch.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Made up for the Chairman !! on 19:39 - Jan 4 with 1295 viewsRalphs12

Brilliant for him and the club in general. Great bloke to have in charge of the club.
Login to get fewer ads

Made up for the Chairman !! on 09:05 - Jan 5 with 988 viewssuc

He was having a good night. I saw him in the Baum not long after the game and wanted to wish him well but couldn't get near as everyone had the same idea.
Made up for the Chairman !! on 09:17 - Jan 5 with 945 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Jimmy Wagg was almost as excited as Chris yesterday. I do like his enthusiasm for Dale.

Old school football fan clearly appreciates an old school club.
Made up for the Chairman !! on 10:15 - Jan 5 with 839 views442Dale

Made up for the Chairman !! on 09:17 - Jan 5 by Albert_Whitehurst

Jimmy Wagg was almost as excited as Chris yesterday. I do like his enthusiasm for Dale.

Old school football fan clearly appreciates an old school club.

Undoubtedly. But as is illustrated in the Yorkshire version of radio coverage, promoting positives is not the only part of that job.

See the constant references to how Bury seemed a different club earlier in the season. Not heard one interview where the tough questions were asked.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Made up for the Chairman !! on 10:30 - Jan 5 with 812 viewsDiddyDave

When clubs win matches like this,it`s always the players and manager who get all the plaudits and rightly so. But there`s no doubt that it most certainly wouldn`t happen without the Chris Dunphys of this world. His skilful chairmanship has ensured that though there`s nothing wrong in aiming for the stars,you have to keep your feet on the ground otherwise there won`t be a club. So Mr Dunphy,enjoy the moment,you have thoroughly deserved it.
Made up for the Chairman !! on 10:46 - Jan 5 with 788 viewsTomRAFC

Was discussing this over a few post match pints.

Some of the flack CD came in for before Hill's return was, ill informed, and often very very harsh.

He is dale through and through, and I wouldn't swap that for any other kind of chairman.

Thank you CD.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Made up for the Chairman !! on 11:07 - Jan 5 with 727 viewsdingdangblue

He's just been on talksport. If anyone would care to do a link. It was around 10.45 talking to Georgia Bingham and Micky Quinn.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024