Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan Strikers 11:34 - Nov 16 with 8757 viewsdingdangblue

We aren't going to attract anyone 'known' so our only option really would be a young forward yet to make a real impression. I know it seems Hill is loathe to bring anyone in that stops some of our own young players getting a game - but in the end even if it gets us back scoring and winning again it is worth the gamble. 2 names who fit the bill are both young, lightening quick and can finish. Joe Dodoo at Leicester and Bright Enobakhare at Wolves. Both already made 1st team this season and scored and may be available to go out on loan for experience.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Loan Strikers on 12:54 - Nov 16 with 4408 viewsTalkingSutty

Well we don't have anybody at the Club fitting that profile, so it could be a possibility. Maybe we can bring Dagnall back from Kerala, he's made a good impression over there by all accounts.

Bell isn't the answer from what i have witnessed. I saw him in the Lancashire Cup Final against Bury at Leyland and he offered absolutely nothing to the game, he should have been bursting a gut to impress but he wasn't.
Loan Strikers on 13:09 - Nov 16 with 4345 viewsfitzochris

I used to be quite guilty of regularly naming players that I felt could do a job for us. On paper, they all could.

What I've since learned is there is a LOT of minutiae that goes on behind the scenes with loans these days - player attitudes, clubs demanding the loanee is guaranteed games, fees etc.

We know Hilly has no time for this kind of carry on, so it could be another reason why we haven't seen as many loans as other clubs.

It's admirable that he wants our youth players to be given priority (and it is a key reason that we're able to attract youth players over other clubs), but I think, at this moment in time, yes, we may well have to look at the loan market if a radical change in style isn't forthcoming.

Let's not forget we've offer that Big John chap non-contract terms, too. I didn't see his debut but, the account I was given suggested he isn't ready for our first team yet.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Loan Strikers on 13:17 - Nov 16 with 4316 viewsdingdangblue

Loan Strikers on 13:09 - Nov 16 by fitzochris

I used to be quite guilty of regularly naming players that I felt could do a job for us. On paper, they all could.

What I've since learned is there is a LOT of minutiae that goes on behind the scenes with loans these days - player attitudes, clubs demanding the loanee is guaranteed games, fees etc.

We know Hilly has no time for this kind of carry on, so it could be another reason why we haven't seen as many loans as other clubs.

It's admirable that he wants our youth players to be given priority (and it is a key reason that we're able to attract youth players over other clubs), but I think, at this moment in time, yes, we may well have to look at the loan market if a radical change in style isn't forthcoming.

Let's not forget we've offer that Big John chap non-contract terms, too. I didn't see his debut but, the account I was given suggested he isn't ready for our first team yet.

If a player came in this week and started scoring it would give everyone at the club a massive lift. League one, TV games, local derbies every few weeks - the club should be buzzing at the moment but instead its incredibly flat.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Loan Strikers on 15:32 - Nov 16 with 4171 viewsinthenet

We really shouldn't put ourselves down any professional not playing regularly should jump at the chance to play for a lg 1 team, yes we get small crowds but scoring a few goals here won't do you any harm,ask Holty etc
We need Hilly to invest for a month or two and get us that lg 1 status we all want to keep, or I'm sorry I see lg 2 as our home next year.

Rastrickblue

Loan Strikers on 16:59 - Nov 16 with 4033 viewsChaffRAFC

Very much agree with the original post. I mentioned my worries goals for the past two summers. We were always going to struggle if the Henderson goals dried up. We got very lucky in turning Matty Done into a goalscorer and that combined with Henderson and Vincenti scoring for fun contributed to a very impressive last season. Matt Done was never replaced properly and we were told of replacements within. They never came along.

The season before we saw Scott Hogan replaced by Calvin Andrew. Calvin can be effective but it will take him 4 seasons to give us the amount of goals Hogan did.

The fact is, we don't have enough up front at all, we have wingers who are capable of chipping in like Mendez-Laing, Vincenti and McDermott, or even Bunney to a very small extent but without Hendo firing, we're going to struggle.

What can we possibly have to lose by looking for a loanee striker like the names mentioned by DDB? Hill's stubbornness is not an admirable trait sometimes.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Loan Strikers on 17:03 - Nov 16 with 4012 viewsmacro

Things is about loaning in a forward is the fact that we have more players who can play in this position than any other in the squad. An on form Henderson and Vincenti will score. Unfortunately at the moment neither are playing well. Personally I can’t see a forward being brought in.

Coventry with Armstrong from the Toon and Murphy from Norwich seem to have loaned well but could we afford such players wages?
Loan Strikers on 17:12 - Nov 16 with 3972 viewsinthenet

Yes we can afford , we need to spend the dosh to keep us up and not leave it to the last 6 games

Rastrickblue

Loan Strikers on 17:46 - Nov 16 with 3894 viewsYadHoDale

Might be worth seeing if we can borrow an experienced and reliable goalscorer for a month. Someone like Ryan Lowe, perhaps. ..
Login to get fewer ads

Loan Strikers on 17:55 - Nov 16 with 3881 viewsdavidab2202

Loan Strikers on 12:54 - Nov 16 by TalkingSutty

Well we don't have anybody at the Club fitting that profile, so it could be a possibility. Maybe we can bring Dagnall back from Kerala, he's made a good impression over there by all accounts.

Bell isn't the answer from what i have witnessed. I saw him in the Lancashire Cup Final against Bury at Leyland and he offered absolutely nothing to the game, he should have been bursting a gut to impress but he wasn't.

Dagnall reported to be being paid £3.000 a week,which may put him out of our league unless he is happy to take a big pay cut to come back to U.K
Loan Strikers on 18:08 - Nov 16 with 3849 viewsSalwaDale

Loan Strikers on 17:55 - Nov 16 by davidab2202

Dagnall reported to be being paid £3.000 a week,which may put him out of our league unless he is happy to take a big pay cut to come back to U.K

Watched a game on TV a few weeks ago, Dagnall was outstanding. Got rave reviews from the commentary team.

TBBT

Loan Strikers on 18:09 - Nov 16 with 3849 viewsTalkingSutty

Loan Strikers on 17:55 - Nov 16 by davidab2202

As a Westerner you can only stay in India for so long, it's a beautiful but frustrating country with great people but it will quickly get on his nerves and he will want to get back home, that's my prediction anyway. To be honest I don't ever see him returning to Rochdale.
[Post edited 16 Nov 2015 18:10]
Loan Strikers on 19:04 - Nov 16 with 3749 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Loan Strikers on 17:03 - Nov 16 by macro

Things is about loaning in a forward is the fact that we have more players who can play in this position than any other in the squad. An on form Henderson and Vincenti will score. Unfortunately at the moment neither are playing well. Personally I can’t see a forward being brought in.

Coventry with Armstrong from the Toon and Murphy from Norwich seem to have loaned well but could we afford such players wages?

If he doesn't rate Alessandra, and is prepared to lose one or both of Andrew and Bunney, then he could find some room in the budget, I'm sure. Even if he can shift them out on loan that will do. Quite who will be prepared to take Andrew and Bunney is the big question.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Loan Strikers on 19:09 - Nov 16 with 3732 viewsWhiteyBFC

We've got three loan strikers who are shit if you want them?
Loan Strikers on 19:14 - Nov 16 with 3704 viewspedrodale

Stranger things
Loan Strikers on 07:39 - Nov 17 with 3421 viewsceme_ender

Loan Strikers on 19:04 - Nov 16 by BigDaveMyCock

If he doesn't rate Alessandra, and is prepared to lose one or both of Andrew and Bunney, then he could find some room in the budget, I'm sure. Even if he can shift them out on loan that will do. Quite who will be prepared to take Andrew and Bunney is the big question.

You can't just lose a player who is under contract, someone has to want to take them, which would be a problem with those two. One player who stands out for me at minute who would be a good signing for you although you can't sign him until Jan, Kristian Dennis at macc, age 25 he has 17 goals this season including a hat trick on sat, he's on a season long loan from stockport, out of contract in the summer so stockport would be happy for any fee rather than lose him for nothing. He fits the type of player that hill normally goes for.
Loan Strikers on 08:52 - Nov 17 with 3335 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Loan Strikers on 07:39 - Nov 17 by ceme_ender

You can't just lose a player who is under contract, someone has to want to take them, which would be a problem with those two. One player who stands out for me at minute who would be a good signing for you although you can't sign him until Jan, Kristian Dennis at macc, age 25 he has 17 goals this season including a hat trick on sat, he's on a season long loan from stockport, out of contract in the summer so stockport would be happy for any fee rather than lose him for nothing. He fits the type of player that hill normally goes for.

That's why I wrote - quite who will be willing to take Andrew and Bunney is a different question. The point was more, if he has no intention of playing Alessandra, he may as well get rid and replace with someone he is willing to play. If he can somehow get rid of one of the other two then even better. There may be some dinosaur long ball manager out there in league 2/conf who'd take a loan punt on Calvin.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2015 8:53]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Loan Strikers on 12:43 - Nov 17 with 3237 views1mark1

It's alright sending long balls up to Andrew, problem is he very rarely heads the ball to one of his own players, or controls it and makes good use of it.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Loan Strikers on 14:58 - Nov 17 with 3114 viewsdingdangblue

When a good loan does come off it can sometimes give a club such a massive boost and turn a poor season around. I know the season after the Gillingham playoff defeat it was doom and gloom, we had to sell Alfie and there wasn't much hope for the season. I know Craig Dawson made an immense impact but the arrival of Chris O'Grady really was key. Anyway it got me thinking about our top 10 loans, I've probably forgotten some crackers but here goes.

1. Chris O'Grady
2. Craig Dawson
3.Tom Heaton
4.Jack O'Connell
5.Adam LeFondre
6.Marcus Hahnemann
7.Kevin Long
8.Will Atkinson
9.Robbie Painter
10.Clive Platt

Loan Strikers on 15:12 - Nov 17 with 3087 views1mark1

Loan Strikers on 14:58 - Nov 17 by dingdangblue

When a good loan does come off it can sometimes give a club such a massive boost and turn a poor season around. I know the season after the Gillingham playoff defeat it was doom and gloom, we had to sell Alfie and there wasn't much hope for the season. I know Craig Dawson made an immense impact but the arrival of Chris O'Grady really was key. Anyway it got me thinking about our top 10 loans, I've probably forgotten some crackers but here goes.

1. Chris O'Grady
2. Craig Dawson
3.Tom Heaton
4.Jack O'Connell
5.Adam LeFondre
6.Marcus Hahnemann
7.Kevin Long
8.Will Atkinson
9.Robbie Painter
10.Clive Platt

Logan from last season.

Loan Strikers on 15:21 - Nov 17 with 3060 viewsdingdangblue

Loan Strikers on 15:12 - Nov 17 by 1mark1

Logan from last season.

Told you I'd forgotten some crackers!

Loan Strikers on 15:38 - Nov 17 with 3019 views1mark1

Loan Strikers on 15:21 - Nov 17 by dingdangblue

Told you I'd forgotten some crackers!

Be interesting to do an all time 11 of the best loanees.

At the beginning of the season many were hoping that Conrad would end up coming here, possibly as a permanent signing. If there was ONE player, or one position, would it probably be a loan striker at the top of many Dale fan's list?

Loan Strikers on 17:12 - Nov 17 with 2913 viewsflyerdale

Paul Connor? Was brilliant while on loan here before he signed for us
Loan Strikers on 17:39 - Nov 17 with 2863 views1mark1

Loan Strikers on 17:12 - Nov 17 by flyerdale

Yes he was, but then when we signed him, in my opinion after a good start went from being a good player to pretty average.

Loan Strikers on 17:56 - Nov 17 with 2831 viewsBartRowou

Loan Strikers on 17:39 - Nov 17 by 1mark1

Yes he was, but then when we signed him, in my opinion after a good start went from being a good player to pretty average.

You could have said exactly the same for Neil Edmonds.

Was Steve Elliot a loanee?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Loan Strikers on 18:18 - Nov 17 with 2786 viewsdingdangblue

Loan Strikers on 17:12 - Nov 17 by flyerdale

Connor wasn't on loan. Signed straight from Stoke for £150k.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024