Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highlights 19:28 - Jan 28 with 5683 viewsdingdangblue

The 1st goal is a mile offside! 1 defender + goalkeeper has to be between the attacker and the goal.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38700789

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Highlights on 19:31 - Jan 28 with 5169 views442Dale

It looks it, the only query is whether the scorer is behind the ball when it's played to him.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Highlights on 19:32 - Jan 28 with 5167 viewsTVOS1907

Aye, it looks offside, but there doesn't need to be a defender and the goalkeeper between the ball and the goal, it just has to be two opponents.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Highlights (n/t) on 19:54 - Jan 28 with 5055 viewscon_dale

Highlights on 19:31 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

It looks it, the only query is whether the scorer is behind the ball when it's played to him.

I'm crap on computers, iPads
I'm trying to insert a picture that shows the scorer is a good yard in front of the ball when it is passed to him!
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 19:56]
Highlights (n/t) on 20:05 - Jan 28 with 4988 viewsdamon791

Highlights (n/t) on 19:54 - Jan 28 by con_dale

I'm trying to insert a picture that shows the scorer is a good yard in front of the ball when it is passed to him!

He is level with the player passing it to him he is onside from my point of view
Highlights on 20:06 - Jan 28 with 4983 viewsCaboose

Well that failed. But definitely offside

Oh it worked. I'm not missing something here am I? How can people say he was onside?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 20:10]
Highlights (n/t) on 20:07 - Jan 28 with 4973 viewscon_dale

Highlights (n/t) on 20:05 - Jan 28 by damon791

He is level with the player passing it to him he is onside from my point of view

I've froze the picture, just wish I knew how to post it lol
Highlights (n/t) on 20:18 - Jan 28 with 4898 viewsdingdangblue

Highlights (n/t) on 20:05 - Jan 28 by damon791

He looks ahead of Brown to me and certainly without freezing it to a millisecond - which the linesman can't do - he looks offside. It a massive call.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Highlights (n/t) on 20:27 - Jan 28 with 4829 viewsdalelee

Highlights (n/t) on 20:18 - Jan 28 by dingdangblue

He looks ahead of Brown to me and certainly without freezing it to a millisecond - which the linesman can't do - he looks offside. It a massive call.

Yes definitely looks offside.

Soft penalty. Ball is going over their players head and he throws himself to the floor, refs should never buy that.

3rd poor goalkeeping.

One of those days....
Login to get fewer ads

Highlights on 20:43 - Jan 28 with 4734 viewscon_dale

Highlights on 20:06 - Jan 28 by Caboose

Well that failed. But definitely offside

Oh it worked. I'm not missing something here am I? How can people say he was onside?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 20:10]

Well done caboose, exact pic I have.
Noticed it's off your iPad, how did you do it?
Thanks
Highlights (n/t) on 20:47 - Jan 28 with 4707 viewslove_the_dale

Highlights (n/t) on 19:54 - Jan 28 by con_dale

If this works, I think it confirms what you say.

[IMG] http://i68.tinypic.com/2zhfk20.png[/IMG]
Highlights on 20:54 - Jan 28 with 4668 viewsNorthYorksDale

It's never a mile offside. The still photo shows he's either level with the ball or very slightly ahead of it, the two defending players position is irrelevant if he's level.
When the linesman see's it real time it's totally understandable for him to see that as onside.
Highlights on 20:55 - Jan 28 with 4662 views49thseason

Langford is an experienced referee who usually operates at Championship level. On today's performance I can only conclude that refereeing in the Championship too often must give a different perspective on the laws of the game and what is expected in their application.
Highlights on 20:58 - Jan 28 with 4649 viewsCaboose

Highlights on 20:43 - Jan 28 by con_dale

Well done caboose, exact pic I have.
Noticed it's off your iPad, how did you do it?
Thanks

Had to go and create a piczo account and uploaded it onto there.

Then I right clicked (held down on the photo) copied image URL and pasted it onto here.

Took a while but got there in the end.
Highlights on 20:59 - Jan 28 with 4638 viewscon_dale

Highlights on 20:58 - Jan 28 by Caboose

Had to go and create a piczo account and uploaded it onto there.

Then I right clicked (held down on the photo) copied image URL and pasted it onto here.

Took a while but got there in the end.

Cheers I'll have a play lol
Highlights on 21:07 - Jan 28 with 4599 viewsbetsvigi9

Town fan here. 4-0 probably flattered us, but think you are clutching at straws with regards the offside for the first goal. The assistant referee was way behind the play (not for the last time either) when it happened and so there is absolutely no way he would have been able to see whether it was offside or not. He looks at least level to me but then
I would say that wouldn't I!

Anyway, best of luck for the rest of the season.
Highlights on 21:14 - Jan 28 with 4567 viewsCaboose

Highlights on 21:07 - Jan 28 by betsvigi9

Town fan here. 4-0 probably flattered us, but think you are clutching at straws with regards the offside for the first goal. The assistant referee was way behind the play (not for the last time either) when it happened and so there is absolutely no way he would have been able to see whether it was offside or not. He looks at least level to me but then

I must be seeing things cos he definitely isn't level with the 2nd to last defender there. I don't see where all this confusion is coming from?

We were wasteful today though and huddersfields championship quality shone through in the end. Can't say we're clutching at straws though, it's a blatant offside in my eyes, just highlighting that it could've been a very different game.

Very impressed with both teams today, individual mistakes just let us down again.
Highlights on 21:16 - Jan 28 with 4548 views442Dale

Highlights on 21:14 - Jan 28 by Caboose

I must be seeing things cos he definitely isn't level with the 2nd to last defender there. I don't see where all this confusion is coming from?

We were wasteful today though and huddersfields championship quality shone through in the end. Can't say we're clutching at straws though, it's a blatant offside in my eyes, just highlighting that it could've been a very different game.

Very impressed with both teams today, individual mistakes just let us down again.

It's not the defenders, it's whether he's behind the ball when it was played to him. If he was its not offside, irrespective of where the defenders are.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Highlights on 21:17 - Jan 28 with 4533 viewspnc4eva1

In the build up he is offside and looks to be on the pictures. More concerned about the incident with the Huddersfield keeper being outside the box before anyone had scored.

Dale were in the end outclassed and made errors but the referee was at times bizarre

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Highlights on 21:19 - Jan 28 with 4527 viewsdingdangblue

Highlights on 21:07 - Jan 28 by betsvigi9

Aye - maybe 'miles' was a bit of an exaggeration! Still close enough to have gone either way and today the linesman went in your favour! Good luck in trying to get promotion to the Premiership! That would be an amazing achievement - your fans were superb today - amazingly vocal with loads of songs.

Highlights on 22:54 - Jan 28 with 4303 viewsShun

On the screenshot that Caboose posted it looks highly offside. To gain a better understanding, look at the points of the ground where the two respective Huddersfield players are stood in reference to the line of the box. The one who scores is clearly ahead of the one who passes it. I don't see how, on seeing that image, anyone can question whether it isn't offside.

Having said that, it'd be hard for the linesman to see so I'm far from blaming him for the loss.
Highlights on 23:07 - Jan 28 with 4257 viewsCaboose

Highlights on 22:54 - Jan 28 by Shun

On the screenshot that Caboose posted it looks highly offside. To gain a better understanding, look at the points of the ground where the two respective Huddersfield players are stood in reference to the line of the box. The one who scores is clearly ahead of the one who passes it. I don't see how, on seeing that image, anyone can question whether it isn't offside.

Having said that, it'd be hard for the linesman to see so I'm far from blaming him for the loss.

My thoughts exactly. Can't blame this decision For the loss. Huddersfield were simply more clinical than us today
Highlights on 00:06 - Jan 29 with 4131 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Highlights on 23:07 - Jan 28 by Caboose

My thoughts exactly. Can't blame this decision For the loss. Huddersfield were simply more clinical than us today

Very true.........the cock-up that lead to the opportunity was of OUR OWN making.
Highlights on 00:33 - Jan 29 with 4086 viewsTVOS1907

Highlights on 21:17 - Jan 28 by pnc4eva1

In the build up he is offside and looks to be on the pictures. More concerned about the incident with the Huddersfield keeper being outside the box before anyone had scored.

Dale were in the end outclassed and made errors but the referee was at times bizarre

I don't think he handled outside the area, although it's completely impossible to tell unless you're in line with the incident.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Highlights on 01:41 - Jan 29 with 4020 viewsjokerthief

What is offside anyway, what does it mean?
Is it when a defender is not between the goalie and the attacker?
Highlights on 01:42 - Jan 29 with 4017 viewsjokerthief

I have found out now...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024