Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview 13:23 - Apr 12 with 3384 viewsburymeinexile

How do, chaps. Long time (bury) lurker, first time poster. Hope you enjoy my preview of tomorrow's massive game below:

https://burymeinexile.com/2017/04/12/bury-vs-rochdale-the-big-preview/

I couldn't believe it when I saw that Calvin Andrew has recently been playing left back. How has he been performing there?
[Post edited 12 Apr 2017 13:25]
Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 16:04 - Apr 12 with 3253 viewsborntogo

Well-written and fair piece, that. Calvin has been woeful at full back. A Hill indulgence too far. And we've still no idea why he speared Peter Clarke.
Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 17:04 - Apr 12 with 3169 views442Dale

It is indeed very well written and the tactical analysis is interesting but that team selection which has us with only one midfielder of note is a bit baffling. With Allen, Keane, Morley and Rathbone available (if Lund isn't going to be involved but I'll believe that when I see it), there's no way NML will be part of the three in midfield. And therein lies the other issue: we play with one central and two wide, not two CF with one behind.

Total guesswork but I'd expect RNL or Kitching at left back; Keane, Camps and Allen/Rathbone in midfield; Henderson, Calvin and one of Davies/Vincenti/NML in the front three.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 17:11 - Apr 12 with 3149 viewsaleanddale

Good piece.. Hope lee thinks that's our team!!

Of all the doubles you would like in a season this is the one!!

Lund one of the best central midfielders in league one.

NML scares the bury defense to death...

Both have to start.

Henderson due to fire against you lot soon as well...

I am going for a hard fought Dale win - by the odd one goal.

Nice touch for Joey T on 15 mins from your mob.
Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 17:21 - Apr 12 with 3126 viewsPDIDDY

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 17:11 - Apr 12 by aleanddale

Both have to start.

Be surprised if it's close A+D

Gissa job

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 17:25 - Apr 12 with 3122 views442Dale

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 17:11 - Apr 12 by aleanddale

Both have to start.

No player has to start if the manager has valid reasons for them not doing. It's not the same as not using players in their correct positions.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 17:50 - Apr 12 with 3057 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Decent piece of work BMIE........you must be the shaker fan with the brain cell.
2-2 draw would not suit either of us I agree,but like you, I see it all square 1-1.
Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 18:35 - Apr 12 with 2981 viewsShun

Really impressive and well-researched post.

I'm not sure if Lund will be playing. If he's already told Hill he won't be signing a new contract I wouldn't be averse to dropping him in place of Morley or someone else we hope will make a big impact next season, now that our playoff hopes are finally over. The same goes for NML.

I really want to see Bunney at left-back though. I overheard a fellow at Shrewsbury saying they'd just asked Bunney when he'd be fit again, to which the reply was that he already is fit. I'd also like to see some prospects given a real chance for the remaining few games. Morley, Owusu, possibly even Gillam or, dare I say it, Diba.
Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 19:42 - Apr 12 with 2878 viewsoff2div1

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 18:35 - Apr 12 by Shun

I'm not sure if Lund will be playing. If he's already told Hill he won't be signing a new contract I wouldn't be averse to dropping him in place of Morley or someone else we hope will make a big impact next season, now that our playoff hopes are finally over. The same goes for NML.

I really want to see Bunney at left-back though. I overheard a fellow at Shrewsbury saying they'd just asked Bunney when he'd be fit again, to which the reply was that he already is fit. I'd also like to see some prospects given a real chance for the remaining few games. Morley, Owusu, possibly even Gillam or, dare I say it, Diba.

Is it pay on the gate.I want to help out this famous old poor club.
Login to get fewer ads

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 19:56 - Apr 12 with 2830 viewsdalenumber2

That's a great write-up, well done. Hope we can put up a fight tomorrow and rise to the occasion. Not feeling too optimistic to be honest however I will be there and cheering the lads on as usual.
Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 20:04 - Apr 12 with 2805 viewsTVOS1907

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 18:35 - Apr 12 by Shun

Although, as Hill himself has said today, win tomorrow and we are three points off the top six, with everyone else playing on Friday.

Realistically, the play-offs are gone, but mathematically they haven't and while that's still the case, especially given our opponents tomorrow, we should be putting out our strongest team.

If Bunney is fit, I can see him coming in for McDermott, thereby pushing Andrew up front.

I'd be very surprised if there are any other changes.

The same goes for Coventry on Monday. Yes, they are going to go down, but they aren't there yet and we don't want to make life easier for them by putting too many youngsters in the team.

We should also be fielding our strongest sides against Oldham and Bradford, if only to boost our chances of this 70-point target Hill has mentioned.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 20:33 - Apr 12 with 2723 viewssweetcorn

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 16:04 - Apr 12 by borntogo

Well-written and fair piece, that. Calvin has been woeful at full back. A Hill indulgence too far. And we've still no idea why he speared Peter Clarke.

Woeful really?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 20:56 - Apr 12 with 2665 viewsboromat

We struggle to guess Hills line ups so opposing fans have got no chance.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 21:46 - Apr 12 with 2571 viewsdingdangblue

Still no idea where your banner is ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 09:35 - Apr 13 with 2284 viewsBarryStrange

Honestly I can't see anything other than yet another boring, dispiriting 2-0 Dale win to be honest.

If we line up 532 you can ink the Bury 0 in for a start. Whatever the criticisms of Tom Pope and his lack of goal threat or mobility, he is the partner that brings the best out of Vaughan and that has to be a priority.

if we don't win tonight, assuming we get beat on Tuesday, we have to beat Northampton and probably win at Southend. It is, frankly, shit or bust now. Tonight. Or, more likely if the EFL stuff that came out yesterday is true, shit this evening and bust some point over the summer.

You may have spotted the optimism of the early part of Clark's tenure has disappeared. Not that any of the current problems are Clark's fault.
Bury vs Rochdale: The Big Preview on 09:53 - Apr 13 with 2256 viewsKnowlesy

I think Calvin has done as well as can be expected of him at full back. The problem really is that he will play well for 89 minutes and then make the one, big, "I'm not a natural defensive player" mistake that costs us a goal / the game. Predicted it against Northampton before the game started.

He does have a lot of the attributes though, solid in the air, can put in a tackle, quick, strong. Just not a defender in his head.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024