Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stephen Dawson 20:02 - Aug 10 with 4734 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Nasty challenge going over the ball. He did it but looks badly injured. Tutte on for him. If they mention carrington and being part of something on sky it's going on mute!!!!!

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Stephen Dawson on 20:04 - Aug 10 with 4726 viewsleedsdale

And as if on cue....
Stephen Dawson on 20:05 - Aug 10 with 4719 viewsTVOS1907

One square crossed off the bingo card...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stephen Dawson on 20:16 - Aug 10 with 4658 viewsboromat

Bury were playing quite well until Dawson went off.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Stephen Dawson on 20:27 - Aug 10 with 4609 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Stephen Dawson on 20:16 - Aug 10 by boromat

Bury were playing quite well until Dawson went off.

After 10 minutes basically. Just heard Harry bunns name for first time after 38 minutes. Hong Kong wonderkid looks shite and tutte has not been mentioned at all. Mostly Sunderland but not many chances

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Stephen Dawson on 21:17 - Aug 10 with 4392 viewsHopwoodblue

Shame !

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Stephen Dawson on 21:25 - Aug 10 with 4328 viewsBartRowou

0-1 (Honeyman)
His mum will be pleased.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Stephen Dawson on 21:46 - Aug 10 with 4186 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Stephen Dawson on 21:25 - Aug 10 by BartRowou

0-1 (Honeyman)
His mum will be pleased.

Twice f.a. Cup winners mentioned just now, lee Clarke matches clubs big ambitions and 18 goalkeepers in 2 seasons. Must be a bingo line by now. As for Harry bunn. He is a fatter version of the one we had on loan. Looked George level. Hell of a record signing. No sign of the chur although not sure sky have ultra widescreen

Stephen Dawson on 17:31 - Aug 13 with 3246 viewsBartRowou

I don't know how many centre halves Bury now have but the newly-acquired Alex "son of Steve" Bruce couldn't prevent a 4-1 hammering at Wigan this afternoon.

Login to get fewer ads

Stephen Dawson on 17:37 - Aug 13 with 3231 views1mark1

Stephen Dawson on 17:31 - Aug 13 by BartRowou

I don't know how many centre halves Bury now have but the newly-acquired Alex "son of Steve" Bruce couldn't prevent a 4-1 hammering at Wigan this afternoon.

Good.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Stephen Dawson on 17:48 - Aug 13 with 3193 viewsLaveritty

To save Dids the trouble of having to post his usual comment I thought I'd beat him to it....

Obsessed!!!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Stephen Dawson on 17:49 - Aug 13 with 3184 viewsBartRowou

Stephen Dawson on 17:48 - Aug 13 by Laveritty

To save Dids the trouble of having to post his usual comment I thought I'd beat him to it....

Obsessed!!!

The meek shall inherit the earth. Bury won't.

Stephen Dawson on 18:06 - Aug 13 with 3129 viewsLaveritty

Heard the chur on Matey FM last week claiming they had sold/released 27 players and brought 18 in. Another 2 incoming (Fasan and Bruce) brings the total up to 20 yet still on the giggle lane message board the phrase 'not quite down to the bare bones but...' was used.

Priceless!!!

Poll: Would you prefer relegation to happen…

Stephen Dawson on 18:15 - Aug 13 with 3092 viewsnordenblue

Who was by all accounts nailed on to go to Villa until bury came knocking,surprising really considering the drag of play in league 1 with such massive crowds and enormous potential compared to tiny Aston Villa....
Stephen Dawson on 18:19 - Aug 13 with 3068 views442Dale

They played Bruce in midfield for some reason. It seems Clark collects defenders like Flitcroft did strikers.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stephen Dawson on 18:23 - Aug 13 with 3057 viewsnordenblue

Stephen Dawson on 18:19 - Aug 13 by 442Dale

They played Bruce in midfield for some reason. It seems Clark collects defenders like Flitcroft did strikers.

Hopefully with similar result....
Stephen Dawson on 19:20 - Aug 13 with 2910 viewsjoecooke

If ever nepotism was to be seen then Alex Bruce is up there with Mark Cooper,Darren Ferguson and dalgleish lad all equally stealing a living.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Stephen Dawson on 19:41 - Aug 13 with 2853 viewsjudd

Dawson was at the Dale yesterday on crutches

Poll: What is it to be then?

Stephen Dawson on 20:26 - Aug 13 with 2745 viewsmingthemerciless

Stephen Dawson on 19:41 - Aug 13 by judd

According to GMR today he's out for 4 months.
Stephen Dawson on 20:31 - Aug 13 with 2730 viewsTVOS1907

Stephen Dawson on 20:26 - Aug 13 by mingthemerciless

According to GMR today he's out for 4 months.

That three-year contract is looking like a good idea...

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Stephen Dawson on 22:27 - Aug 13 with 2542 viewsdingdangblue

Stephen Dawson on 18:15 - Aug 13 by nordenblue

Who was by all accounts nailed on to go to Villa until bury came knocking,surprising really considering the drag of play in league 1 with such massive crowds and enormous potential compared to tiny Aston Villa....

He's on 'non contract' terms.
Is that a bit like 'cash in hand' ?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stephen Dawson on 23:05 - Aug 13 with 2479 viewsdeeplishblue

So was Dave Perkins. (Without crutches)

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Stephen Dawson on 09:04 - Aug 14 with 2271 viewsRAFCBLUE

Given the time period quoted, his injury must be cruciate ligament related.

I'm sure though the consolation of him earning circa £70k in that four months will get him through and that three year deal gives bury the security of knowing they have him once that injury recovers, if it does. Knees injuries are funny things. He can take his time knowing he has that guaranteed contract and fair play to him for doing so.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Stephen Dawson on 09:36 - Aug 14 with 2207 viewsMolly

Stephen Dawson on 19:41 - Aug 13 by judd

He commented that he was undergoing surgery today (Monday).
Stephen Dawson on 11:28 - Aug 14 with 2062 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Stephen Dawson on 09:36 - Aug 14 by Molly

He commented that he was undergoing surgery today (Monday).

It's the nature of his game that he will get crocked himself from time to time......dangerous "modus operandi".......he will struggle to recover one of these days.

Still a top player though. Have him back here in a heartbeat.
Stephen Dawson on 14:11 - Aug 14 with 1825 viewsRAFCBLUE

Stephen Dawson on 11:28 - Aug 14 by Yorkshire_Dale

It's the nature of his game that he will get crocked himself from time to time......dangerous "modus operandi".......he will struggle to recover one of these days.

Still a top player though. Have him back here in a heartbeat.

When I think of Stephen Dawson I think "top professional" rather than "top player".

There is no doubting Stephen Dawson's dressing room and on the pitch influence within a squad and he's very likeable/approachable off the field. However I think he will look back at the end of his career and say "what if".

In thirteen seasons to the start of 2017-18 he has two relegations and no promotions on his footballing CV and a career high of 21st in the Championship (with Barnsley)

In the two relegation seasons (with Mansfield and Barnsley) he was a virtual ever present.

What he has been excellent at is monetising his career and being prepared to move for good money when it was offered to him - and fair play to him for that.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024