Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes 08:17 - Jan 2 with 8413 viewsRAFCBLUE

Assuming the current squad is all fit, and retained, what is our current best 11 (and subs) with a formation that suits them?

For me:

4-1-3-2

Lillis
Rafferty, McGahey, Delaney, Hart,
Rathbone
Camps, MJ Williams, Jordan Williams
Henderson Done

Subs:
Moore
McNulty
Dooley
Inman
Adshead
Andrew
Morley

This makes surplus to requirements:
Norman
Kosi
Clough
Thompson
Perkins
WIlbraham

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:34 - Jan 2 with 4398 viewsNorthernDale

I would have agree with most of the post, in that kH is seeking to prove a point all the time, that is why he is keeping MJ Williams in the centre of defence, instead of McGahey, because he is trying to prove his claim that Williams can become a Central Defender for example.

I would also add, to the outgoing list

Andrews (he is a poor player)
McNulty (to slow for league 1)
Randall (send him back to Liverpool)

Thompson - I would give a role in the 'football in the community team' to help and his family, to use him as a role model in schools, whilst promoting the Dale'

Otherwise the team is close to what I would pick without any new additions.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:44 - Jan 2 with 4355 viewsDaleFan7

I'd give Morley more of a chance in the team over Camps, he seems to be regressing. It's worrying for me that we have two wingers at the club and neither are good enough to play at this level. Inman can have flashes but they are rare and only seem to be when we're playing well, seems too much of a luxury player.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 12:04 - Jan 2 with 4134 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It would be great to see a least a bit of activity RIGHT NOW in the transfer market,either in or out. Other clubs are at it already.

We need to getting cracking or we will be left with the Alby and Perks pickings just before February.

For a start let's ship out!
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:04 - Jan 2 with 4026 viewsTomRAFC

Lillis
Rafferty McGahey Delaney Hart
MJ
Dooley Rathbone Done
Henderson Calvin

This is assuming Clough isn't going to feature.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:28 - Jan 2 with 3960 viewsfitzochris

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 12:04 - Jan 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

It would be great to see a least a bit of activity RIGHT NOW in the transfer market,either in or out. Other clubs are at it already.

We need to getting cracking or we will be left with the Alby and Perks pickings just before February.

For a start let's ship out!

Things ARE happening right now, they’ve just not been communicated yet. Probably because they’re not finalised as far as paperwork goes.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:29 - Jan 2 with 3951 viewsnordenblue

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 08:44 - Jan 2 by DaleFan7

I'd give Morley more of a chance in the team over Camps, he seems to be regressing. It's worrying for me that we have two wingers at the club and neither are good enough to play at this level. Inman can have flashes but they are rare and only seem to be when we're playing well, seems too much of a luxury player.

Camps looks quite a bit over weight,during the Blackpool game he was a passenger massively and has slowed right down..
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:30 - Jan 2 with 3948 viewsjudd

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:29 - Jan 2 by nordenblue

Camps looks quite a bit over weight,during the Blackpool game he was a passenger massively and has slowed right down..

Is it true he's changing his name to Caravans?

Poll: What is it to be then?

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:31 - Jan 2 with 3939 viewsTVOS1907

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:30 - Jan 2 by judd

Doesn't he play for Plymouth?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:32 - Jan 2 with 3930 viewsnordenblue

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:30 - Jan 2 by judd

Niall Caravans?
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:32 - Jan 2 with 3933 viewsfitzochris

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:31 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

Doesn't he play for Plymouth?

Thinks he’s in deniall.

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:33 - Jan 2 with 3920 viewsjudd

Talk about feeding a line...

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:34 - Jan 2 with 3913 viewsrochdale_ranger

The fatty Davis brigade have turned into the fatty camps brigade. I hope you have all opened a line of correspondence with the club via the medium of letter writing in your hunt to find out why young master camps has put a bit of timber on.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:35 - Jan 2 with 3903 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:28 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

Things ARE happening right now, they’ve just not been communicated yet. Probably because they’re not finalised as far as paperwork goes.

It would be nice if the general fan base were fully informed of goings on rather than feeding titbits to the tittle tattlers to leak on here....not a lot to ask.

If the fans know summat is happening it might give the Maestro a bit more time and leniency.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:37 - Jan 2 with 3880 viewsnordenblue

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:34 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

The fatty Davis brigade have turned into the fatty camps brigade. I hope you have all opened a line of correspondence with the club via the medium of letter writing in your hunt to find out why young master camps has put a bit of timber on.

Who's this Davis you talk of he sounds a good en?
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:37 - Jan 2 with 3879 viewsjudd

Perhaps this thread should be titled a squad of square pegs looking for square meals?

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:40 - Jan 2 with 3860 viewsfitzochris

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:35 - Jan 2 by Yorkshire_Dale

It would be nice if the general fan base were fully informed of goings on rather than feeding titbits to the tittle tattlers to leak on here....not a lot to ask.

If the fans know summat is happening it might give the Maestro a bit more time and leniency.

And yet you love the tittle tattle.

I can’t speak for anyone else but the vast majority of “tittle tattle” I hear, as far as transfers go, doesn’t actually come from within the club, so dry your eyes.

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:41 - Jan 2 with 3854 viewsrichfoad32

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:37 - Jan 2 by nordenblue

Who's this Davis you talk of he sounds a good en?

He can play up front with Andrews.
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 14:15 - Jan 2 with 3767 viewsnordenblue

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:41 - Jan 2 by richfoad32

He can play up front with Andrews.

Ahh good old Kelvin,he's a little cracker,lovely man
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 15:51 - Jan 2 with 3604 viewsrochdaleriddler

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 13:34 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

AS a fat bastard myself, I can state that Camps is positively skeletal

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:06 - Jan 2 with 3565 viewsnicknick

Hart has been told he will not play again after falling out with KH.
Camps has had a massive fall out with CB
Rafferty has been told his contract is not going to be renewed.
McGahey will go this month, either Scunny or elsewhere
Kosi will stay as he is a decent player
Wibraham and Perkins need to go ( shocking decision to bring them in)
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:09 - Jan 2 with 3552 viewsrochdaleriddler

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:06 - Jan 2 by nicknick

If true, tells us all we need to know about why performances are so poor. Buck stops with the manager

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:15 - Jan 2 with 3535 viewsrichfoad32

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:06 - Jan 2 by nicknick

Then why is Hart still here?
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:18 - Jan 2 with 3511 viewsnicknick

dont think he will be for very long
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:38 - Jan 2 with 3425 views49thseason

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:15 - Jan 2 by richfoad32

Then why is Hart still here?

"Kosi will stay as he is a decent player"

3rd choice left back and a decent player? Would you be interested in a bridge I have to sell?
A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:43 - Jan 2 with 3400 viewsrichfoad32

A squad of square pegs looking for square holes on 16:38 - Jan 2 by 49thseason

"Kosi will stay as he is a decent player"

3rd choice left back and a decent player? Would you be interested in a bridge I have to sell?

Yeah, that one threw me as well. Is that Hill or the poster who's (allegedly) saying that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024