Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The mind boggles 12:42 - Aug 12 with 1511 viewsjudd

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/championship/hull-fan-threatened-with-ejection-fo

Poll: What is it to be then?

The mind boggles on 12:44 - Aug 12 with 1497 viewsSuddenLad

"Unauthorised data gathering" ?? What the hell can that be ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The mind boggles on 12:47 - Aug 12 with 1474 viewsD_Alien

Wonder if this refers to filming via smartphone, then posting online?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The mind boggles on 12:48 - Aug 12 with 1465 viewsjudd

The mind boggles on 12:44 - Aug 12 by SuddenLad

"Unauthorised data gathering" ?? What the hell can that be ??

Dunno.

Undercover security?

The mind boggles on 13:05 - Aug 12 with 1401 viewsSuddenLad

Filming the interior of pies ?? The number of thumps before the crust breaks ??

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

The mind boggles on 13:05 - Aug 12 with 1398 viewsDaley_Lama

Read about this on twitter.

Bloke was texting during the match and was asked to stop by a steward.

Reason for was new rules aimed at stopping people tipping off betting people before bookies can react to events on the pitch.

Bloke said he was texting his girlie about a players hair and his mum.

Good luck enforcing this rule at any ground, anywhere!

Poll: DF in or out

The mind boggles on 13:12 - Aug 12 with 1377 viewsjudd

The mind boggles on 13:05 - Aug 12 by Daley_Lama

Reason for was new rules aimed at stopping people tipping off betting people before bookies can react to events on the pitch.

Ben Whiteman's uncle rang me during time added on.

Had I known about this new data protection gubbins I wouldn't have answered it.

The mind boggles on 13:30 - Aug 12 with 1318 viewsrochdaleriddler

The mind boggles on 13:05 - Aug 12 by Daley_Lama

So as a shot comes in, someone can txt to say get a bet on to say who the next goal scorer is before the ball hits the back of the net!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

The mind boggles on 13:46 - Aug 12 with 1269 viewsjonahwhereru

I fully expect this security is there to protect the gambling companies. Guess the firm was set up by them to protect their interest in the In Play markets. I like a bet but confine it to horses, dogs and the occasional Dale away game.
This in play market stuff hacks me off. The firms all offer substantially over rounds prices on a plethora of different outcome in football, like next yellow card etc, but then crap themselves when there is a loophole to be exploited, by either betting at the ground or getting the money down via an open phone line to a third party. The firms what to have their cake and eat it. They want the income from these or round and bespoke markets but not to be exposed to smart losses. The answer is simple revert to only offering markets that don’t leave you open to exposure and stop treating every account holder like the enemy within.
Rant over.
Login to get fewer ads

The mind boggles on 13:47 - Aug 12 with 1264 viewsDaley_Lama

Hull have apparantly relented on this and apologised

Poll: DF in or out

The mind boggles on 13:54 - Aug 12 with 1252 viewsjudd

The mind boggles on 13:47 - Aug 12 by Daley_Lama

Hull have apparantly relented on this and apologised

By text?

The mind boggles on 21:14 - Aug 12 with 940 viewsDaleiLama

The mind boggles on 13:46 - Aug 12 by jonahwhereru

I fully expect this security is there to protect the gambling companies. Guess the firm was set up by them to protect their interest in the In Play markets. I like a bet but confine it to horses, dogs and the occasional Dale away game.
This in play market stuff hacks me off. The firms all offer substantially over rounds prices on a plethora of different outcome in football, like next yellow card etc, but then crap themselves when there is a loophole to be exploited, by either betting at the ground or getting the money down via an open phone line to a third party. The firms what to have their cake and eat it. They want the income from these or round and bespoke markets but not to be exposed to smart losses. The answer is simple revert to only offering markets that don’t leave you open to exposure and stop treating every account holder like the enemy within.
Rant over.

Interesting prog on the beeb last week about gambling. Tennis seems to be the best "in play" way of making money. Fella goes all over the world, blue tooth head set, hair grown over ear, looks for umpire with slow official input of outcome of point and they fire info off to people placing bets on line in the Asian market. He reckoned he earned about £3m a year I think he said, but it's hugely costly with flights, tickets, hotels etc etc and after deducting exes he was only clearing £300k. I say only - good money and he was on a crusade against the bookies after suffering the fallout of a gambling addiction, but he didn't look a well man. One umpire had to enter a pin before he could enter the score officially on each point! They cleaned up that day.

I must admit, I would be surprised if this policing is on behalf of the bookies unless the bookies are paying towards it. Good to see common sense prevailing in the end anyway.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 21:21]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The mind boggles on 21:23 - Aug 12 with 916 viewsjudd

The mind boggles on 21:14 - Aug 12 by DaleiLama

Interesting prog on the beeb last week about gambling. Tennis seems to be the best "in play" way of making money. Fella goes all over the world, blue tooth head set, hair grown over ear, looks for umpire with slow official input of outcome of point and they fire info off to people placing bets on line in the Asian market. He reckoned he earned about £3m a year I think he said, but it's hugely costly with flights, tickets, hotels etc etc and after deducting exes he was only clearing £300k. I say only - good money and he was on a crusade against the bookies after suffering the fallout of a gambling addiction, but he didn't look a well man. One umpire had to enter a pin before he could enter the score officially on each point! They cleaned up that day.

I must admit, I would be surprised if this policing is on behalf of the bookies unless the bookies are paying towards it. Good to see common sense prevailing in the end anyway.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2019 21:21]

I watched that and found it bizarre that the tennis guy would give up his secret on film.

The mind boggles on 21:24 - Aug 12 with 904 viewsDaleiLama

The mind boggles on 21:23 - Aug 12 by judd

I watched that and found it bizarre that the tennis guy would give up his secret on film.

Exactly, but it seems to be an industry? Can't see that loophole remaining for long.

The mind boggles on 21:25 - Aug 12 with 892 viewsjudd

The mind boggles on 21:24 - Aug 12 by DaleiLama

Exactly, but it seems to be an industry? Can't see that loophole remaining for long.

Yep. Bet he'll be sick his income will disappear.

The mind boggles on 21:29 - Aug 12 with 864 viewsDaleiLama

The mind boggles on 21:25 - Aug 12 by judd

Yep. Bet he'll be sick his income will disappear.

I think he was sick with his income. His nerves looked to be shot. But I get your drift - not too many £300k p.a. jobs out there!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024