Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club shut 17:40 - Mar 13 with 3744 viewsrochdaleriddler

The club has gone into lockdown, nothing open for the foreseeable , no AGM/EGM !

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Club shut on 18:07 - Mar 13 with 3667 viewsrochdaleriddler

Our CEO on main BBC news saying he’s very concerned at prospective £250k loss

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Club shut on 18:14 - Mar 13 with 3641 viewsBartRowou

Club shut on 18:07 - Mar 13 by rochdaleriddler

He also mentions that we're in a better position than others to withstand it. The uncut version is less alarming.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/51860896

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Club shut on 18:22 - Mar 13 with 3616 viewsrochdaleriddler

Club shut on 18:14 - Mar 13 by BartRowou

He also mentions that we're in a better position than others to withstand it. The uncut version is less alarming.

Yes, but he is alluding to other clubs that may possibly go under because of this . Worrying times, we shouldn’t be too unconcerned by this

Club shut on 18:32 - Mar 13 with 3593 viewsDorislove

Club shut on 18:14 - Mar 13 by BartRowou

He comes across very well on that interview,his long term view on Dale would be very welcome .Many years ago i got asked in an interview where would i like to be in the company should i get the job,i replied self employed .I didnt get the job but my point is that it would be nice to see a projected vision from the board where they think the club is going.
Club shut on 19:11 - Mar 13 with 3488 viewsrochdaleriddler

Club shut on 18:32 - Mar 13 by Dorislove

He comes across very well on that interview,his long term view on Dale would be very welcome .Many years ago i got asked in an interview where would i like to be in the company should i get the job,i replied self employed .I didnt get the job but my point is that it would be nice to see a projected vision from the board where they think the club is going.

He’s hanging on to that hair!

Club shut on 19:21 - Mar 13 with 3446 viewsnordenblue

Club shut on 19:11 - Mar 13 by rochdaleriddler

Whilst standing outside Greenfield CC it would appear
Club shut on 19:25 - Mar 13 with 3426 viewsDorislove

Club shut on 19:11 - Mar 13 by rochdaleriddler

It doesnt matter whats tickling the top of the ears,its whats between them that is of concern.Only spoken to him face to face on a friday night before christmas a few years ago 2013 i think southend away,jury is out on that.
Club shut on 19:40 - Mar 13 with 3359 viewsrochdaleriddler

Club shut on 19:25 - Mar 13 by Dorislove

It doesnt matter whats tickling the top of the ears,its whats between them that is of concern.Only spoken to him face to face on a friday night before christmas a few years ago 2013 i think southend away,jury is out on that.

Eh

Login to get fewer ads

Club shut on 19:41 - Mar 13 with 3355 viewsdingdangblue

I could understand him moaning if it was just us but its every club - we are in a lot better position to cope than lots of clubs.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Club shut on 19:53 - Mar 13 with 3316 views56years

Good to see our football club on national tv and radio - well done Mr B - it is important that people realise the impact of EFL and political decisions. To be honest it is naive to think football will miraculously restart in early April - to me the season is over as I cannot see any real resolution to the Coronavirus pandemic until at least the start of the season 2020/2021!
Club shut on 20:00 - Mar 13 with 3290 viewsrochdaleriddler

Club shut on 19:53 - Mar 13 by 56years

Good to see our football club on national tv and radio - well done Mr B - it is important that people realise the impact of EFL and political decisions. To be honest it is naive to think football will miraculously restart in early April - to me the season is over as I cannot see any real resolution to the Coronavirus pandemic until at least the start of the season 2020/2021!

Agreed, it ain’t going to resolve in a few weeks

Club shut on 20:11 - Mar 13 with 3237 viewskiwidale

Club shut on 19:41 - Mar 13 by dingdangblue

I could understand him moaning if it was just us but its every club - we are in a lot better position to cope than lots of clubs.

I did not hear him moaning on the contrary he spoke very well.

This is not the time for bickering.

Club shut on 20:58 - Mar 13 with 3134 viewsTVOS1907

Club shut on 19:25 - Mar 13 by Dorislove

Yes, it was definitely Southend away. Me and thee only, IIRC.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club shut on 10:19 - Mar 14 with 2679 viewsMass_Debater

Whose going to process 49thseason's ticket refunds now?
Club shut on 10:27 - Mar 14 with 2667 viewsdalenumber2

Club shut on 10:19 - Mar 14 by Mass_Debater

I don’t want any refund for my season ticket, happy for the club to keep it.
Club shut on 10:49 - Mar 14 with 2610 viewsrochdaleriddler

Club shut on 10:27 - Mar 14 by dalenumber2

I agree, though I think the club should make the offer, I doubt many people will want the money back. The club is going to be hard hit enough

Club shut on 11:54 - Mar 14 with 2516 viewsD_Alien

The club's OS statement includes a proviso regarding refunds

None will be available until it's ascertained when, or whether, fixtures will be rearranged

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club shut on 17:13 - Mar 14 with 2245 viewsDaleiLama

Club shut on 10:27 - Mar 14 by dalenumber2

Whilst the club isn't on its' uppers, a queue of people wanting refunds isn't going to help cashflow either. I'm also of the mind to put this season down to an act of God and hope we dont lose too many fans. That will keep me awake a lot more than thinking I dint get as many discounted league games to watch as I was expecting.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Club shut on 17:54 - Mar 14 with 2179 viewsrochdaleriddler

Club shut on 17:13 - Mar 14 by DaleiLama

Whilst the club isn't on its' uppers, a queue of people wanting refunds isn't going to help cashflow either. I'm also of the mind to put this season down to an act of God and hope we dont lose too many fans. That will keep me awake a lot more than thinking I dint get as many discounted league games to watch as I was expecting.

I see DB is saying the insurance the club has will not cover business losses for corona virus, as it isn’t a named disease on the policy

Club shut on 18:02 - Mar 14 with 2167 viewsBartRowou

When all this bottoms out and we know the financial implications, I'd be more than happy to pay an extra 100 for the next season ticket to offset the lack of money coming in so long as the club is totally transparent with the figures.

That said, I'll be expecting something back off Richard Branson and Busby if there's no sport on telly for the next month.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Club shut on 18:29 - Mar 14 with 2098 viewsSalegraham

What's Sir Matt got to do with it !!
Club shut on 19:02 - Mar 14 with 2031 viewsTVOS1907

Club shut on 18:02 - Mar 14 by BartRowou

When all this bottoms out and we know the financial implications, I'd be more than happy to pay an extra 100 for the next season ticket to offset the lack of money coming in so long as the club is totally transparent with the figures.

That said, I'll be expecting something back off Richard Branson and Busby if there's no sport on telly for the next month.

Ironically, I got an email from Sky yesterday saying their prices were going up!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Club shut on 19:44 - Mar 14 with 1992 views49thseason

Club shut on 10:19 - Mar 14 by Mass_Debater

A very good point!
Actually I don't think I have ever said I personally want a refund, simply that the club should OFFER a refund for goods it is unable to supply or some sort of deal on the next season ticket, particularly those tickets bought with credit cards, rather than upset the credit card companies. I note someone mentioned that the money will have been spent, but if memory serves me properly from my days in the magazine business, you cant spend the money received in subscriptions all in one go, it's supposed to sit on the balance sheet as a liability until each magazine, or in this case, football match has been delivered. So as it stands, there should be 7/23 of the season ticket income showing as a liability on the clubs balance sheet.
Are there any accountants here who can verify this?
Club shut on 19:55 - Mar 14 with 1965 views442Dale

Club shut on 19:44 - Mar 14 by 49thseason

A very good point!
Actually I don't think I have ever said I personally want a refund, simply that the club should OFFER a refund for goods it is unable to supply or some sort of deal on the next season ticket, particularly those tickets bought with credit cards, rather than upset the credit card companies. I note someone mentioned that the money will have been spent, but if memory serves me properly from my days in the magazine business, you cant spend the money received in subscriptions all in one go, it's supposed to sit on the balance sheet as a liability until each magazine, or in this case, football match has been delivered. So as it stands, there should be 7/23 of the season ticket income showing as a liability on the clubs balance sheet.

If there are I’m sure they won’t be bothered about checking the facts.

Really do not get why anyone would be too concerned about getting a refund on money they’d spent last year when it could cause more issues for a club of our size in current circumstances. Each to their own of course, but it really should be one of the last things on anyone’s minds while this uncertainty exists.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Club shut on 19:59 - Mar 14 with 1954 viewsMass_Debater

Club shut on 19:44 - Mar 14 by 49thseason

A very good point!

Of course you meant yourself personally.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024