Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crewe Game.. 09:53 - Dec 28 with 10955 viewsdale1968

Have we any ideas if tommorrows game will be going ahead?

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Crewe Game.. on 10:09 - Dec 28 with 5602 viewsJames1980

Thinking no news is good news, although, it is a home game so.........

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Crewe Game.. on 10:10 - Dec 28 with 5591 viewsboromat

Guessing they're waiting to see how many test results we get back in time and whether we can put a team together. Might not find out until tomorrow with the opposition being not too far away. Regardless it's pretty horrendous from a preparation point of view I wasn't confident of getting something against Crewe but now I'm even less so.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Crewe Game.. on 10:12 - Dec 28 with 5582 viewskel

I hope it’s on just to see the meltdown it would cause Ryan the Blackpool fan who says covid “isn’t that deadly”.
Crewe Game.. on 10:17 - Dec 28 with 5558 viewsMass_Debater

I'm guessing we'll find out when the club know.
Crewe Game.. on 13:19 - Dec 28 with 5222 viewsnordenblue

Crewe Game.. on 10:17 - Dec 28 by Mass_Debater

I'm guessing we'll find out when the club know.

If our player tested positive only on Christmas day, how can none of the first team squad management etc not have been in close contact with him, surely they'll all have to isolate too?
Crewe Game.. on 13:30 - Dec 28 with 5201 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Crewe Game.. on 13:19 - Dec 28 by nordenblue

If our player tested positive only on Christmas day, how can none of the first team squad management etc not have been in close contact with him, surely they'll all have to isolate too?

They will probably isolate till they have the chance to take another test to see if they are positive...perhaps that's today?
Crewe Game.. on 13:43 - Dec 28 with 5141 viewsD_Alien

Rather than speculation, it's not that difficult to google the EFL protocol:

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/efl-statement-covid-19-test-results5/

If this has been updated since then, further info appreciated

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Crewe Game.. on 14:14 - Dec 28 with 5041 viewsJames1980

Crewe Game.. on 13:43 - Dec 28 by D_Alien

Rather than speculation, it's not that difficult to google the EFL protocol:

https://www.efl.com/news/2020/june/efl-statement-covid-19-test-results5/

If this has been updated since then, further info appreciated

There is no requirement to exclude other players or members of staff, unless deemed by Club medical staff to have been in prolonged close contact with the individual who has tested positive

Prolonged close contact is when players or staff members have been within the less than two metres apart for 15 minutes or more and advice will be taken from Public Health England in regards to contact tracing.

If sufficient players have not been in 'prolonged close contact' with Humphrys tomorrow's game goes ahead, that's my interpretation.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 14:29]

Login to get fewer ads

Crewe Game.. on 15:36 - Dec 28 with 4834 viewsShun

Dr. Big Wesley has just tweeted that the welfare of his players always comes first before football. I would assume this game is off.
Crewe Game.. on 15:51 - Dec 28 with 4794 viewsJames1980

I'm guessing the club social media team have bank holiday off hence no tweets about tomorrow's game.
A simple 'we are discussing with the EFL and our club medical staff if tomorrow's game can go ahead, an announcement will be made by midday tomorrow' or something along those lines would surely suffice.

Crewe Game.. on 16:00 - Dec 28 with 4751 viewsnordenblue

Crewe Game.. on 14:14 - Dec 28 by James1980

There is no requirement to exclude other players or members of staff, unless deemed by Club medical staff to have been in prolonged close contact with the individual who has tested positive

Prolonged close contact is when players or staff members have been within the less than two metres apart for 15 minutes or more and advice will be taken from Public Health England in regards to contact tracing.

If sufficient players have not been in 'prolonged close contact' with Humphrys tomorrow's game goes ahead, that's my interpretation.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 14:29]

How can they not have had "close contact" whilst training together all week not to mention cuddling numerous times during matches and constantly challenging,tackling, jumping together.
Crewe Game.. on 16:05 - Dec 28 with 4729 viewsJames1980

Crewe Game.. on 16:00 - Dec 28 by nordenblue

How can they not have had "close contact" whilst training together all week not to mention cuddling numerous times during matches and constantly challenging,tackling, jumping together.

Makes one think how did Sunderland's game go ahead with so many out the other week

Crewe Game.. on 16:31 - Dec 28 with 4597 views49thseason

Next 2 games suspended

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale/status/1343595195867267072
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 16:32]
Crewe Game.. on 16:37 - Dec 28 with 4572 viewsboromat

Sensible and the correct call. I am concerned how the seasons going to be affected as we get more of this happening at different clubs.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Crewe Game.. on 16:42 - Dec 28 with 4552 viewsnordenblue

Crewe Game.. on 16:31 - Dec 28 by 49thseason

Next 2 games suspended

https://mobile.twitter.com/officiallydale/status/1343595195867267072
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 16:32]

Shock horror,its common sense
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 16:43]
Crewe Game.. on 16:49 - Dec 28 with 4508 views442Dale

Crewe Game.. on 16:42 - Dec 28 by nordenblue

Shock horror,its common sense
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 16:43]

Some games have gone ahead after positive tests. There’s protocol they have to follow that determines which clubs then have to isolate some/every player.

For example, Blackpool were fine to play on Boxing Day despite having two positive cases, not that they’d moan about it of course.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Crewe Game.. on 17:11 - Dec 28 with 4411 viewsnordenblue

Crewe Game.. on 16:05 - Dec 28 by James1980

Makes one think how did Sunderland's game go ahead with so many out the other week

Dont panic everything to do with football is "covid safe" so nothing to worry about...
Crewe Game.. on 17:19 - Dec 28 with 4373 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Game.. on 17:11 - Dec 28 by nordenblue

Dont panic everything to do with football is "covid safe" so nothing to worry about...

Sitting inside a 10,000 capacity stadium with 1,999 other people is a damned sight safer than myself and 30 teenagers being crammed into a classroom with a floor area of around 60 square metres!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Crewe Game.. on 17:21 - Dec 28 with 4363 views442Dale

Crewe Game.. on 17:19 - Dec 28 by TVOS1907

Sitting inside a 10,000 capacity stadium with 1,999 other people is a damned sight safer than myself and 30 teenagers being crammed into a classroom with a floor area of around 60 square metres!

And they don’t shut the entire school when any children test positive (or even send the whole class home now). Like it or not the protocols and rules are what they are and they have evolved over time.

Crewe Game.. on 17:44 - Dec 28 with 4284 viewsnordenblue

Crewe Game.. on 17:19 - Dec 28 by TVOS1907

Absolutely, but id think education is slightly more important longer term than needlessly kicking a football around a bit of grass, with distancing totally impossible on the pitch
Crewe Game.. on 17:52 - Dec 28 with 4242 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Game.. on 17:44 - Dec 28 by nordenblue

Absolutely, but id think education is slightly more important longer term than needlessly kicking a football around a bit of grass, with distancing totally impossible on the pitch

So is the health of the people crammed into the small spaces, who haven't had the same access to the testing that allows them to be there.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 17:55]

Crewe Game.. on 18:06 - Dec 28 with 4188 views442Dale

Crewe Game.. on 17:52 - Dec 28 by TVOS1907

So is the health of the people crammed into the small spaces, who haven't had the same access to the testing that allows them to be there.

There will be workplaces everywhere which may not have the infrastructure afforded to them in terms of testing as you say, they too carry on as best as they can following the precautions and rules that are in place. The variables in a school would be much higher than most of course, however they commendably are doing their best too. As is football, which is now encountering more and more cases - something that may lead to further changes, much as is being seen in the staggered return of schools. There will be disruption for everyone in the next few weeks.

Crewe Game.. on 18:07 - Dec 28 with 4189 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Crewe Game.. on 17:52 - Dec 28 by TVOS1907

I spoke to a teacher recently who told me that if a child in a class exhibits symptoms of Covid then the class would be sent home to isolate but unless the class teacher had symptoms they were expected to stay & teach!!
Sounds totally bonkers to me.
Crewe Game.. on 18:18 - Dec 28 with 4139 viewsTVOS1907

Crewe Game.. on 18:07 - Dec 28 by Plattyswrinklynuts

I spoke to a teacher recently who told me that if a child in a class exhibits symptoms of Covid then the class would be sent home to isolate but unless the class teacher had symptoms they were expected to stay & teach!!
Sounds totally bonkers to me.

Not strictly true.

It depends on close contacts more than the whole class. It's too long-winded to go into here, but basically every child has to sit in the same place for every lesson (PE and some practical subjects excluded) and seating plans have to be stored centrally so that if a child does test positive, their close contacts in lessons can be identified quickly by the Head.

We also have to take a 'bus register' every morning, so we know on which buses and whereabouts on those buses every child was sat on their way home the previous evening and on their way in that morning, thereby allowing close contacts to be identified again.

As teachers in classrooms, we have to keep a safe distance from pupils at all times, but in reality, that isn't always practical, as already mentioned, given the size of rooms in old schools.

If one of our pupils does test positive, we have a duty to report if we have been in close contact with them (i.e. less than 2 metres) and then might have to self-isolate as a result.

Different schools will have their own protocols and 'rules', for want of a better word, but are all following the same DfE guidelines.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2020 18:21]

Crewe Game.. on 18:26 - Dec 28 with 4103 viewsD_Alien

Crewe Game.. on 18:06 - Dec 28 by 442Dale

There will be workplaces everywhere which may not have the infrastructure afforded to them in terms of testing as you say, they too carry on as best as they can following the precautions and rules that are in place. The variables in a school would be much higher than most of course, however they commendably are doing their best too. As is football, which is now encountering more and more cases - something that may lead to further changes, much as is being seen in the staggered return of schools. There will be disruption for everyone in the next few weeks.

And it's in taking as calm and balanced a view as possible that we'll all get through this

We all know we're in for a very tough couple of months, almost certainly tougher than we've experienced thus far. I'm not sure that the constant drip of "woe is me" we hear on the news is achieving anything except making people who're prone to it, feel worse than they already do

As for the football, i'm really not bothered about the 'suspensions'. Judging by our home form, they might just be doing us a favour by not playing right now. How this impacts our ability to retain L1 status is anyone's guess, but it's likely that over the course of the next few weeks the amount of games not being played will affect most teams, and don't see why we should be unduly worried about the effects on Dale above and beyond anyone else

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024