Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contracted For Next Season.. 08:59 - Apr 30 with 9249 viewsdale1968

Now its nearly over and the rebuild starts who is under contract for next season?
Sorry if posted elsewhere.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Contracted For Next Season.. on 09:27 - Apr 30 with 7134 viewsleedsdale

O’Donnell
Ebanks-Landell
Mullarkey
Taylor
John
Brierley
Ball
Campbell
Rodney
Sinclair

Possibly Odoh, Henderson and Scanlon depending on their contracts.
Contracted For Next Season.. on 10:27 - Apr 30 with 6997 viewsDaleiLama

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/296214/2023-2024-squad/#0

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Contracted For Next Season.. on 18:20 - Apr 30 with 6504 viewsjonahwhereru

Contracted For Next Season.. on 10:27 - Apr 30 by DaleiLama

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/296214/2023-2024-squad/#0

Interesting.

I think Cameron John and James Ball will be here as it makes sense financially. Sinclair I hope stays. Campbell I just don’t know what would be best for the club and him. I can see Rodney staying and I wouldn’t mind that.

All the others I think will want to leave.

As a footnote my nephew who watches a fair bit of Southend who finished top half of the NL said the standard yesterday was superior. Interesting given we finished 92nd, and Sutton have only recently joined the league.
Contracted For Next Season.. on 18:40 - Apr 30 with 6432 viewsBrierls

Contracted For Next Season.. on 18:20 - Apr 30 by jonahwhereru

Interesting.

I think Cameron John and James Ball will be here as it makes sense financially. Sinclair I hope stays. Campbell I just don’t know what would be best for the club and him. I can see Rodney staying and I wouldn’t mind that.

All the others I think will want to leave.

As a footnote my nephew who watches a fair bit of Southend who finished top half of the NL said the standard yesterday was superior. Interesting given we finished 92nd, and Sutton have only recently joined the league.

Which part of James Ball and Cameron John being here makes sense financially?
Contracted For Next Season.. on 18:45 - Apr 30 with 6414 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Contracted For Next Season.. on 18:40 - Apr 30 by Brierls

Biggest pair of wasters and loosers in Club's history.......how we get rid of them is another story.
Contracted For Next Season.. on 19:22 - Apr 30 with 6302 viewsSaxonDale

I presume we’ll keep Ball* but pay John off.

*presuming nobody want him
Contracted For Next Season.. on 19:46 - Apr 30 with 6261 viewsseasidedale

I suppose one way to reduce cost would be to loan them out. At least part of the wages would be payed (assuming no one want to sign them permanently )
Contracted For Next Season.. on 19:47 - Apr 30 with 6259 viewsjonahwhereru

Contracted For Next Season.. on 18:40 - Apr 30 by Brierls

Don’t think either of them will get better offers elsewhere, so financially it makes sense for both of them as individuals not to move on. Although Ball may have had a gut full of the club, so with luck he might ask for a move.
Login to get fewer ads

Contracted For Next Season.. on 19:59 - Apr 30 with 6226 viewsNorthernDale

John is on a high wage, he is not getting game time for whatever reason and Graham is being selected before him, so I think he will be made available on a free, for any takers, otherwise he will be a squad player next season.
I suspect that Campbell will also be made available on a free and will go back South.

Of the others, Mullarkey injury may put off bidders, until he returns to training, which may be towards the end of summer, but I will expect him to be sold. We all expect Brierley will be sold in the summer

Ball - the club will keep him
EEL - I think the club will keep him and how many takers will there be for him.
Taylor - I think he will remain.
Sinclair and Rodney - hopefully we can hold on to these two
Henderson - I hope he remains.
Odoh - I think he is under contract, but if we get bids, the club will sell.
O'Donnell - I suspect the club may get bids for him, but hopefully he will stay.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 20:00]
Contracted For Next Season.. on 20:21 - Apr 30 with 6187 viewsBrierls

Contracted For Next Season.. on 19:47 - Apr 30 by jonahwhereru

Don’t think either of them will get better offers elsewhere, so financially it makes sense for both of them as individuals not to move on. Although Ball may have had a gut full of the club, so with luck he might ask for a move.

Phew! Makes financial sense for them, I agree. That’s what makes it a big issue for us.

I’ve said on another thread, but we need to try and offload the high earners who were handed two year deals by Stockdale. It will be incredibly difficult.

I think the higher earners are ROD, EEL, John & Rodney. We then have the likes of Ball & Campbell.

The only one of those that has a potential value is Rodney. He scores goals and will score goals at NL level. If we manage to keep him we’ll at least have some goal threat and he’ll be a saleable asset come January.
Contracted For Next Season.. on 21:33 - Apr 30 with 6045 viewssurb_dale

Can see a league 2 team bidding a smallish fee for Rodney. 12 goals isnt a bad return in a team that has struggled massively all season. If that does happen expect he'd be off.

Campbell is likely to want to return south but if we paid a fee for him then its possible the board might not want to allow him to go on a free.

Expect Ball will do his utmost to get fixed up elsewhere. Maybe a return to Solihull if they still rate him.

John is the one we may end being stuck with as i'm not sure we'll have many takers especially matching the wage we are rumoured to be paying . Only hope is a relegation release clause is in his contract but given we daft enough to offer 2 years on silly money the expect this wont be the case.
Contracted For Next Season.. on 08:49 - May 1 with 5807 viewsNorthernDale

We need to hold on to Rodney, but as been stated, I can see someone offering money for him. Again, like you, I cannot see anyone coming in for John, our only hope is that John asks for his contract to be cancelled, so he can join somebody else.

I wonder if McNulty as identified targets, because I expect him to be named as manager or will stagger through the summer and look for left overs.
Contracted For Next Season.. on 09:02 - May 1 with 5770 viewsseasidedale

Contracted For Next Season.. on 08:49 - May 1 by NorthernDale

We need to hold on to Rodney, but as been stated, I can see someone offering money for him. Again, like you, I cannot see anyone coming in for John, our only hope is that John asks for his contract to be cancelled, so he can join somebody else.

I wonder if McNulty as identified targets, because I expect him to be named as manager or will stagger through the summer and look for left overs.

In a way we could be stuck with players that are not up to scratch. If big Jim is named manager and signs players over the summer and is sacked in august then we could be in the same situation (unlikely I know)
Contracted For Next Season.. on 09:46 - May 1 with 5666 viewsNorthernDale

That is the danger with any management appointment I suppose, just look at the rubbish Stockdale signed and he was gone within weeks of the season starting. Sadly I am more convinced then ever, after last Saturday that McNulty will get the job, he would not be the choice of large selections of the fans base, but when does our opinion matter?
Contracted For Next Season.. on 15:43 - May 1 with 5247 viewspioneer

Contracted For Next Season.. on 09:46 - May 1 by NorthernDale

That is the danger with any management appointment I suppose, just look at the rubbish Stockdale signed and he was gone within weeks of the season starting. Sadly I am more convinced then ever, after last Saturday that McNulty will get the job, he would not be the choice of large selections of the fans base, but when does our opinion matter?

No….well you did ask.
Contracted For Next Season.. on 16:27 - May 1 with 5163 viewsSuddenLad

I wouldn't necessarily assume that any of the players contracted or otherwise, will be here next season. There are all manner of contract clauses that may have been inserted to facilitate their release in the event of relegation.

Those who are on excessive salaries will probably have them adjusted following the drop.

If a player wants to leave, they generally get their way. I might keep 3 or 4 of the current squad. After that, I'm not bothered.

Massive rebuild needed, from the boardroom to the dugout to the pitch. So much to do, so little time to do it.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Contracted For Next Season.. on 16:56 - May 1 with 5082 viewsEllDale

I’ll set the rumour mill turning……
Regan Booty is looking a club in the north after his contract at Maidstone expired.
Competitive midfielder with plenty of National League experience who would prefer to live in the Huddersfield area.
Worth a look?
Contracted For Next Season.. on 17:49 - May 1 with 4975 viewsirishdale2022

Contracted For Next Season.. on 09:02 - May 1 by seasidedale

In a way we could be stuck with players that are not up to scratch. If big Jim is named manager and signs players over the summer and is sacked in august then we could be in the same situation (unlikely I know)

National league window allows you to sign and sell players at will really, although this is a factor, it is less of a factor in the national league
Contracted For Next Season.. on 13:29 - May 5 with 4108 viewseitoof

So, are the following out of contract?

White
Graham
Bennett
Kelly
Keohane
Diagouraga
Lloyd
Sinclair

And possibly Odoh and Hendo?

Lloyd obviously the main one you'd like to see stay - really don't think any of the others have done enough with the possible exception of Kelly and at a real push Jimmy for his versatility.
[Post edited 5 May 2023 13:30]
Contracted For Next Season.. on 14:32 - May 5 with 3997 viewselectricblue

Contracted For Next Season.. on 13:29 - May 5 by eitoof

So, are the following out of contract?

White
Graham
Bennett
Kelly
Keohane
Diagouraga
Lloyd
Sinclair

And possibly Odoh and Hendo?

Lloyd obviously the main one you'd like to see stay - really don't think any of the others have done enough with the possible exception of Kelly and at a real push Jimmy for his versatility.
[Post edited 5 May 2023 13:30]

I would look to keep the following.
Graham.
Lloyd.
Sinclair.

Possibly
Kelly
If the club strengthen the midfield around him..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Contracted For Next Season.. on 14:45 - May 5 with 3962 viewsEllDale

Sinclair is under contract until next summer?
Contracted For Next Season.. on 15:11 - May 5 with 3919 viewsChaffRAFC

Sinclair is contracted for next season.

Out of contract:

Sam Graham
Jimmy Keohane
Liam Kelly
Brad Kelly
Toumani Diagouraga
Abraham Odoh (rumoured to have an extension clause in clubs favour)
Ian Henderson (rumoured to have triggered an extension option based on apps in players favour)
Danny Lloyd
Rhys Bennett
Jim McNulty
Aidy White
Jordan Scanlon (one year extension option included)

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Contracted For Next Season.. on 15:58 - May 5 with 3831 viewsNewbury_Dale

Where did Rhys Bennett disappear to ?
Contracted For Next Season.. on 19:04 - May 5 with 3652 viewsChaffRAFC

Contracted For Next Season.. on 15:58 - May 5 by Newbury_Dale

Where did Rhys Bennett disappear to ?

McNulty mentioned he was injured and out for the rest of the season a few weeks ago.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Contracted For Next Season.. on 13:34 - May 6 with 3427 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

It's frightening to think that a lot of posters want to keep hold of a soon to be 39 y/o striker whose legs have gone and an attacking midfielder who assists a couple of goals every 100 games. We need to get rid of the chaff(no offence) and as the wheat consists of Brierley and Lloyd, try to get Brierley back on loan after his sale and offer Lloyd a decent contract. He deserves it more than anyone. We are stuck with the contracted players, do once a new manager has decided, he can get rid either on loan, small fee or free.
What we need most is a midfield engine a la Gary Jones. A player who wears his heart on his sleeve and would run through a brick wall for the cause. Actually we need another 10 like that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024