Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillcroft 14:48 - Feb 1 with 4841 viewsDale23years

Wil be new manager of Leeds united ,you heard it first on here

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Hillcroft on 15:04 - Feb 1 with 3648 views1907

The damned United part 2
Hillcroft on 15:08 - Feb 1 with 3609 viewsdingdangblue

Hillcroft on 15:04 - Feb 1 by 1907

The damned United part 2

Is he not taking flicker with him?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hillcroft on 15:14 - Feb 1 with 3584 viewsmario

i would love to see them at a "big" club just to see how good they really are. there doing an excellent job at barnsley, wonder what that could do at leeds?
Hillcroft on 15:15 - Feb 1 with 3574 viewsSFD

Job for Warnock this one, him and Bates two tw*ts ogether
Hillcroft on 15:17 - Feb 1 with 3562 viewspioneer

Hillcroft on 15:15 - Feb 1 by SFD

Yup - his experience at taking teams up to the premiership will count for everything - whether its for longer than the rest of the season is another matter.
Hillcroft on 15:22 - Feb 1 with 3543 viewsClivert

Hillcroft on 15:15 - Feb 1 by SFD

There is an ex Dale manager in the betting but it's Eddie Gray!

Agreed, the Warnock/Bates 'Dreamteam'.
Hillcroft on 15:51 - Feb 1 with 3447 viewsdingdangblue

Hillcroft on 15:22 - Feb 1 by Clivert

Colin W@nker and Master Bates - marriage made in heaven!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hillcroft on 15:51 - Feb 1 with 3446 viewsdingdangblue

Hillcroft on 15:22 - Feb 1 by Clivert

When Bates fired him, as he was leaving the office, I wonder if he said to Grayson 'shut that door - on your way out' ?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Login to get fewer ads

Hillcroft on 16:25 - Feb 1 with 3327 viewselectricblue

Bull.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hillcroft on 16:26 - Feb 1 with 3314 viewsD_Alien

Hillcroft on 16:25 - Feb 1 by electricblue

Bull.

Steve?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hillcroft on 17:08 - Feb 1 with 3157 viewselectricblue

No....shite

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hillcroft on 17:52 - Feb 1 with 3029 viewsWhiteyBFC

As good a job as Keith and Flicker have done so far (an amazing job, as I expected) I dont think it will have attracted enough attention thus far, not for the Mighty White Shite anyway.
But maybe in a few days time, we will be doing what you did, and hoping that Flicker stays.
As I have said before, we are the Rochdale of the 2nd tier... the day when they leave for better things, is a given.
Be gutted if it was so soon, and to THAT club especially.
Hey ho, could be an interesting few days/weeks...
it always is at the 'Well.
And good luck with your new management, and glad to see you had a great result at the weekend
Hillcroft on 18:00 - Feb 1 with 2976 viewsDaley_Lama

Leeds 1 Barnsley 2
Barnsley 4 Leeds 1

In terms of Leeds, I very much doubt that Hilly is under the radar, especially when he proclaimed himself the best manager in the Championship the day before you stuck 4 past them, leaving Grayson a bit stuck for words.

Can't see them going for him mind you, but if they did ask to talk to him, he would talk to them without a doubt.

Poll: DF in or out

Hillcroft on 18:04 - Feb 1 with 2958 viewsdingdangblue

Hillcroft on 17:52 - Feb 1 by WhiteyBFC

As good a job as Keith and Flicker have done so far (an amazing job, as I expected) I dont think it will have attracted enough attention thus far, not for the Mighty White Shite anyway.
But maybe in a few days time, we will be doing what you did, and hoping that Flicker stays.
As I have said before, we are the Rochdale of the 2nd tier... the day when they leave for better things, is a given.
Be gutted if it was so soon, and to THAT club especially.
Hey ho, could be an interesting few days/weeks...
it always is at the 'Well.
And good luck with your new management, and glad to see you had a great result at the weekend

I always enjoy your posts whitey. Has Hillcroft managed to convince all his early doubters yet? Great bit of business with Vaz Te also - typical Hill! Done, Perks and Wisey all doing the biz now?

Hillcroft on 18:11 - Feb 1 with 2937 viewsWhiteyBFC

Hillcroft on 18:00 - Feb 1 by Daley_Lama

Leeds 1 Barnsley 2
Barnsley 4 Leeds 1

In terms of Leeds, I very much doubt that Hilly is under the radar, especially when he proclaimed himself the best manager in the Championship the day before you stuck 4 past them, leaving Grayson a bit stuck for words.

Can't see them going for him mind you, but if they did ask to talk to him, he would talk to them without a doubt.

I agree.
He/they would speak to them.
However, you have taken the pre-match comments he made before the away win at Leeds out of context.
He said that if every club in the division had the same budget, as Wenger talked about, that he would like to see who would finish top then. And then, laughing as he said it, he said "Id probably finish top!"
How the dirty fans laughed at those comments. We were to have the last laugh though... or were we? ;)
Already a Reds legend in the hotseat anyway - Neil Redfearn. Maybe a swap is on the cards.
Anyway, keep on fighting boys and girls. You have a cracking new boss, and nobody from Barnsley wants you to go down.
Love Dale, love Hillcroft (until they up sticks to Bellend Road...)
Hillcroft on 18:17 - Feb 1 with 2902 viewsDaley_Lama

I did take them out of context but I wholeheartedly agreed with his sentiment, pound for pound he is potentially the best manager, my pre-season handicap bet on you lot is still looking good, Southampton and Crystal Palace are still the threats to that.

He was ace at winding opposition fans up especially about finances, Rotherham, Notts C and Bourmouth fans still hate him to varying degrees on the message boards.

I was the timing of that interview as exactly that, he loves a good wind up.

Poll: DF in or out

Hillcroft on 18:36 - Feb 1 with 2826 viewsWhiteyBFC

Hillcroft on 18:04 - Feb 1 by dingdangblue

I always enjoy your posts whitey. Has Hillcroft managed to convince all his early doubters yet? Great bit of business with Vaz Te also - typical Hill! Done, Perks and Wisey all doing the biz now?

Apart from a handful of numpties who wouldnt be happy even if Messi and Mourinho showed up, the fans (vast majority) already believe we have the best management there is for the job that needs doing.
Perkins was singled out early on, unfairly, but again, if you ask most fans, he'd win POTY.
Wisey just looks 5% better each time you see him. Clearly a lad that gains and flourishes with experience at this level. By the start of next season, he'll be the best full back in the division. And, my favourite player, the legend that is Sir Bobby Hassell, is our right back, and has been for 7 years. And despite Wisey's increasing form, I would never contemplate picking him ahead of Bobby. BUT, for the first time so far, Id leave Wisey at right back. I think Bobby is a great role model for him.
Matty Done is simply unplayable when he's on it. And last night he was certainly on it. Pace to burn, blessed control, and works hard covering the full back.
He's blown very hot, and ice cold thus far, but maybe now that Vaz Te has returned to 'ghost player' territory, Matty D is stepping up.
But for me, the best bit of business from the lower leagues would have to be Jimmy McNulty. The ultimate broken toy. And boy have Hillcroft fixed him. He's like a 2nd tier Bobby Moore. Awesome player, and such a sound lad that is just grateful to be here.
Looking forward to seeing Stephen Dawson too. Heard very good things about him, and with the loans of the truly amazing Korey Smith, and the classy Michael Tonge, the losses of Drinkwater and Butterfield shouldnt be too significant.
When Keith arrived, he was snubbed by Jason Shackell who didnt fancy a relegation battle, and joined the huge club (apparently) in Derby.
Well, good ol Greedy Jase got mugged off all night by Hillcroft's lower league relegation battlers.
6 points off the playoffs.
15 clear of relegation.
A comfy mid-table finish would be a 10/10 achievement. Lets hope Keith and Flicker stick around, because we could have a proper tilt at the top 6 next season...
Dirty Leeds - please God no
Hillcroft on 18:42 - Feb 1 with 2793 viewssmudger

Tweeted by Hill.
I will not be taking the job at Elland Road. I would never work with that scumbag Bates. He'd probably charge me to take the job anyway.

On the sound of it i don't think he's going Elland Road
Hillcroft on 18:53 - Feb 1 with 2755 viewsBrierls

Hillcroft on 18:42 - Feb 1 by smudger

Tweeted by Hill.
I will not be taking the job at Elland Road. I would never work with that scumbag Bates. He'd probably charge me to take the job anyway.

Hillcroft on 18:55 - Feb 1 with 2739 viewssandylaner1

Tweeted by Hill.

not sure if serious....
Hillcroft on 19:01 - Feb 1 with 2720 viewsSuddenLad

Hillcroft on 18:55 - Feb 1 by sandylaner1

not sure if serious....

Hill has said more than once that he doesn't have any form of Twitter or Facebook account, (and doesn't understand why anyone else does) so I would guess it's a bogus account...........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hillcroft on 19:18 - Feb 1 with 2675 viewssandylaner1

Hillcroft on 19:01 - Feb 1 by SuddenLad

Hill has said more than once that he doesn't have any form of Twitter or Facebook account, (and doesn't understand why anyone else does) so I would guess it's a bogus account...........

lol yeah lad just checked

it admits its a parody account, some quite funny tweets
Hillcroft on 19:39 - Feb 1 with 2619 viewsdalenumber2

Tweeted by Hill.

Are you sure this is his twitter account?
Hillcroft on 20:22 - Feb 1 with 2551 viewssmudger

Hillcroft on 19:39 - Feb 1 by dalenumber2

Are you sure this is his twitter account?

No not at all,
If you listen to other people on this post it sounds dubious.
only just got a twitter account so not 100% sure
Hillcroft on 20:29 - Feb 1 with 2518 viewsBrierls

Hillcroft on 20:22 - Feb 1 by smudger

No not at all,
If you listen to other people on this post it sounds dubious.
only just got a twitter account so not 100% sure

@Not_Keith_Hill

Barnsley FC manager. Avid fan of Bounty Bars and farmers jackets. Clean sheets are king. Parody account, views are not those of Keith Hill or Barnsley FC.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024