Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert scores (n/t) 17:28 - Aug 19 with 1398 viewsolympicdale

Life is a game of fate.

Lambert scores (n/t) on 17:37 - Aug 19 with 1070 viewsolympicdale

Saints 2-1 up

Life is a game of fate.

Lambert scores (n/t) on 17:41 - Aug 19 with 1043 viewsisitme

Lambert scores (n/t) on 17:37 - Aug 19 by olympicdale

Saints 2-1 up

Not for long!

This has turned into a great end to end game. The game has changed the atmosphere.
Lambert scores (n/t) on 17:52 - Aug 19 with 1017 viewsTVOS1907

Not the first time he's scored past Joe Hart.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lambert scores (n/t) on 17:55 - Aug 19 with 1004 viewsolympicdale

Lambert scores (n/t) on 17:52 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

Not the first time he's scored past Joe Hart.

was that the 4-3 game vs the Shrews where Gary Brown was sent off? fabulous night that.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Lambert scores (n/t) on 18:03 - Aug 19 with 970 viewsTVOS1907

Lambert scores (n/t) on 17:55 - Aug 19 by olympicdale

was that the 4-3 game vs the Shrews where Gary Brown was sent off? fabulous night that.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Yes.

It was a Saturday afternoon.

I think Lambert has just reminded Hart about it.

Lambert scores (n/t) on 18:05 - Aug 19 with 958 viewsolympicdale

Lambert scores (n/t) on 17:41 - Aug 19 by isitme

Not for long!

This has turned into a great end to end game. The game has changed the atmosphere.

games tend to do that, or its just a bunch of fans sitting around.

Life is a game of fate.

Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:08 - Aug 19 with 867 viewsClivert

Did Lambert end up the division's top scorer in 05/06 when he was with us?
Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:14 - Aug 19 with 853 viewsTVOS1907

Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:08 - Aug 19 by Clivert

Did Lambert end up the division's top scorer in 05/06 when he was with us?

He was joint top scorer with Karl Hawley on 22 each.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E2%80%9306_Football_League_Two#Football_League

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:19 - Aug 19 with 835 viewsisitme

Lambert scores (n/t) on 18:05 - Aug 19 by olympicdale

games tend to do that, or its just a bunch of fans sitting around.

I thought you needed a specific section to be able to have an atmosphere at a football game?
Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:21 - Aug 19 with 831 viewsClivert

Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:14 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

He was joint top scorer with Karl Hawley on 22 each.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E2%80%9306_Football_League_Two#Football_League

Thought so thanks.

Didn't he bag a brace at Lincoln in the last game to draw level with Hawley?
Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:33 - Aug 19 with 807 viewsStudiousDale

Tyler was banging on about how he is friends with Grant Holt as they've both gone up through the leagues - where was the Rochdale mention!
Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:38 - Aug 19 with 792 viewsTVOS1907

Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:21 - Aug 19 by Clivert

Thought so thanks.

Didn't he bag a brace at Lincoln in the last game to draw level with Hawley?

No.

He got one in a 1-1 draw. http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=16995&season_id=135

Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:48 - Aug 19 with 774 viewsClivert

Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:38 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

No.

He got one in a 1-1 draw. http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=16995&season_id=135

Ta.
Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:49 - Aug 19 with 774 viewsClivert

Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:38 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

No.

Ta.

Think I was thinking of Northampton where he bagged a brace at the back of that season.
Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:55 - Aug 19 with 762 viewsTVOS1907

Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:49 - Aug 19 by Clivert

Ta.

Think I was thinking of Northampton where he bagged a brace at the back of that season.

Yes, we were 2-0 down. One of his goals was an injury time penalty.

Lambert scores (n/t) on 21:28 - Aug 19 with 726 viewsSuddenLad

Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:33 - Aug 19 by StudiousDale

Tyler was banging on about how he is friends with Grant Holt as they've both gone up through the leagues - where was the Rochdale mention!

Rochdale were mentioned as soon as Lambert came on as sub. Tyler read out his CV and we were referred to along with Macclesfield, Stockport County, Bristol Rovers........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Lambert scores (n/t) on 10:00 - Aug 20 with 614 viewsdingdangblue

Lambert scores (n/t) on 20:55 - Aug 19 by TVOS1907

Yes, we were 2-0 down. One of his goals was an injury time penalty.

If my memory serves me correct didnt he miss a penalty in the last home game before the lincon game? Probably his only penalty miss ever that!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lambert scores (n/t) on 11:36 - Aug 20 with 579 viewsTVOS1907

Lambert scores (n/t) on 10:00 - Aug 20 by dingdangblue

If my memory serves me correct didnt he miss a penalty in the last home game before the lincon game? Probably his only penalty miss ever that!

Think so, against Bristol Rovers.

Lambert scores (n/t) on 12:33 - Aug 20 with 540 viewsfitzochris

It's sad to think we had both Lambert and Holt in the same team and still failed to make the League Two play-offs.

Most managers in the Premier League would cream themselves at the prospect of having the two of them in their team at the minute.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lambert scores (n/t) on 12:42 - Aug 20 with 526 viewsClivert

Lambert scores (n/t) on 12:33 - Aug 20 by fitzochris

It's sad to think we had both Lambert and Holt in the same team and still failed to make the League Two play-offs.

Most managers in the Premier League would cream themselves at the prospect of having the two of them in their team at the minute.

It's a shame that we had them both together for a calender year rather than a August to August year (if that makes sense?), and it has to be said that the defence that we had during the 05/06 season was awful.
Lambert scores (n/t) on 13:24 - Aug 20 with 488 viewsColDale

I often think with Holt that when he was with us, he wasn't that committed to the game, yet his natural ability was enough at this level to make him a star. He has never looked like a player short of confidence, so is he just working harder to become an established Premiership player and one who came close to an England call up? Or has everything just fallen into place at Norwich for him? Loved him to pieces at Spotland, but I don't think any of us felt he was capable of performing in the top division.

I just find it incredible that a footballer can play around the lower leagues for so long, and then suddenly make it at the top level. There can't be that many examples - certainly not in terms of strikers.
Lambert scores (n/t) on 13:31 - Aug 20 with 477 viewsfitzochris

Lambert scores (n/t) on 12:42 - Aug 20 by Clivert

It's a shame that we had them both together for a calender year rather than a August to August year (if that makes sense?), and it has to be said that the defence that we had during the 05/06 season was awful.

Very true. I'm sure we were in the promotion positions approaching the turn of the year and it all went to shoite after that. Selling Holty to Forest didn't help mind.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lambert scores (n/t) on 13:55 - Aug 20 with 457 viewsSalwaDale

Lambert scores (n/t) on 13:24 - Aug 20 by ColDale

I often think with Holt that when he was with us, he wasn't that committed to the game, yet his natural ability was enough at this level to make him a star. He has never looked like a player short of confidence, so is he just working harder to become an established Premiership player and one who came close to an England call up? Or has everything just fallen into place at Norwich for him? Loved him to pieces at Spotland, but I don't think any of us felt he was capable of performing in the top division.

I just find it incredible that a footballer can play around the lower leagues for so long, and then suddenly make it at the top level. There can't be that many examples - certainly not in terms of strikers.

I dunno. Thinking about Le Fondre, if you give him the ball in a good position he'll score. Same with Holt, put a good cross in and he'll score plenty of them. Maybe it doesn't matter too much what league you are in when it comes to goalscoring. Plenty of players haven't made the step up but is goalscoring more about confidence and a good supply?

TBBT

Lambert scores (n/t) on 14:21 - Aug 20 with 430 viewsBanned4ever

Surly_Mancity-have got to-be-everyones-firm favourites for the title

They lose-maybe-there best player early into the game have a-pen-saved-go-2-1-down and still win.
Lambert scores (n/t) on 15:25 - Aug 20 with 386 viewsDaley_Lama

We were top of the league at half time away at Grimsby before conceeding about 4 in the second half and Holty going on his merry way.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024