Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Awful atmosphere from dale today 20:54 - Oct 6 with 5051 viewsRockerdale97

To say we are on an unbeaten run and that we went ahead after 26 secs our fans today were quiet, we need to get behind our team more as there were more noise on the main road from an minority than there was from 1018 fans in the ground. Everyone needs to get behind them instead of making negative comments like "were better off with 10 than adebola " adebola set up all 3 goals today. Get real
Awful atmosphere from dale today on 20:59 - Oct 6 with 3596 views442Dale

It's always difficult on an open end to create any noise, but as someone said on another thread, we're 5th and there's not really a buzz about things yet.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 21:09 - Oct 6 with 3533 views100569

Its been awful since the start of the season. Yet the individuals who sit at the front right of the TDS (who Iam not a fan of) try to make a noise and create something new get slagged off on here.
Awful atmosphere from dale today on 22:08 - Oct 6 with 3418 viewsDomDale

Home atmosphere's not much better. Just all a bit piss poor, what's up??
I've stopped drinking before games so maybe I'm feeling it that way but it's all very flat this year :(

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 22:34 - Oct 6 with 3334 viewsGhanaDale

Same thing happens each match, we have 20 minutes where we make a lot of noise, then all of a sudden it just dies and it sees people can't be bothered singing.

I thought it might have been to do with the less amount of away fans travelling to Spotland, therefore less banter to be had, but having been at Bradford on Tuesday it was equally poor!

It does need stepping up, we're being given plenty of entertaining, decent football to watch this year and the noise we're making isn't reflecting the effort shown by the players, surely it must give them some boost to hear Dale chants throughout the match.

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 22:56 - Oct 6 with 3280 viewsDoris

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 22:34 - Oct 6 by GhanaDale

Same thing happens each match, we have 20 minutes where we make a lot of noise, then all of a sudden it just dies and it sees people can't be bothered singing.

I thought it might have been to do with the less amount of away fans travelling to Spotland, therefore less banter to be had, but having been at Bradford on Tuesday it was equally poor!

It does need stepping up, we're being given plenty of entertaining, decent football to watch this year and the noise we're making isn't reflecting the effort shown by the players, surely it must give them some boost to hear Dale chants throughout the match.

You Reap What You Sow .

the club has had a blahzah attitude towards fans for so long its amazing anybody goes to watch them ( i dont anymore),they dont seem to realise it is very easy to get out of the habit of going to football and spending the money elsewhere.Maybe when its too late the penny will drop.
Awful atmosphere from dale today on 23:03 - Oct 6 with 3254 viewsroccydaleian

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 22:56 - Oct 6 by Doris

You Reap What You Sow .

the club has had a blahzah attitude towards fans for so long its amazing anybody goes to watch them ( i dont anymore),they dont seem to realise it is very easy to get out of the habit of going to football and spending the money elsewhere.Maybe when its too late the penny will drop.

You not been this season then, Doris?
Awful atmosphere from dale today on 23:07 - Oct 6 with 3230 viewsDoris

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 23:03 - Oct 6 by roccydaleian

You not been this season then, Doris?

No ,4 of us decided enough,been to 2 away games ( new grounds ) but we are done now time for another break.Too many other things to do.
Awful atmosphere from dale today on 10:10 - Oct 7 with 3075 viewsdale_upon_tyne

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 22:56 - Oct 6 by Doris

You Reap What You Sow .

Agree! Of course it's not the club's fault that people (including myself) have less money these days. I still go, but I don't feel I have to be loyal anymore. I don't think the club give a s*** whether I'm there or not.

I've greatly reduced the number of games I budget for; and once you get used to not going every game it's easier to stay away.

The club doesn't mind the vast majority of fans being part-timers and that match day atmosphere is dross.

I'm sure I'll be there for the big games as loud as ever but week on week, no longer.
Login to get fewer ads

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 13:09 - Oct 7 with 2913 viewsD_Alien

I fully intended going to both the Bradford and Accy fixtures, after some impressive away results.

I've missed more home games than I've seen this year, only been to Northampton & Burton and those games didn't make me feel like I should be forking out cash I could (and have been) spending on other things. But thought it was time to get back into full supporting mode. However, at 6pm last Tuesday with the heavens opening and several days of rain plus knackered from work, I was convinced the game would be abandoned so decided to save the £18. With Grant's act (described on here) and the subsequent rearguard action, I'm glad I gave it a miss.

It also meant I wasn't able to pick up an Accy ticket with the £2 off, and I wasn't going to pay over the odds on the day, with every chance of getting soaked through on a disgrace of a football terrace. As it happened, it was a glorious autumn day, which I took advantage of elsewhere.

So, what's all this leading to? Well, at no stage before this season would I have considered missing a single home game, or the Accy fixture. If I'm disillusioned, god knows what previously casual supporters might be thinking - probably nothing about the Dale whatsoever.

I'll be back, probably against Morecambe and will take it from there.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 14:08 - Oct 7 with 2849 views442Dale

It's posts like those found in this thread should not only be aware of, but acting upon.

They'll struggle to find a more effective marketing tool from which they can gain information on how their customers are thinking.

Also, see the Trust AGM thread for concerns around the recently acquired Ratcliffe Bars.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 14:19 - Oct 7 with 2821 viewsR17ALE

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 13:09 - Oct 7 by D_Alien

I fully intended going to both the Bradford and Accy fixtures, after some impressive away results.

I've missed more home games than I've seen this year, only been to Northampton & Burton and those games didn't make me feel like I should be forking out cash I could (and have been) spending on other things. But thought it was time to get back into full supporting mode. However, at 6pm last Tuesday with the heavens opening and several days of rain plus knackered from work, I was convinced the game would be abandoned so decided to save the £18. With Grant's act (described on here) and the subsequent rearguard action, I'm glad I gave it a miss.

It also meant I wasn't able to pick up an Accy ticket with the £2 off, and I wasn't going to pay over the odds on the day, with every chance of getting soaked through on a disgrace of a football terrace. As it happened, it was a glorious autumn day, which I took advantage of elsewhere.

So, what's all this leading to? Well, at no stage before this season would I have considered missing a single home game, or the Accy fixture. If I'm disillusioned, god knows what previously casual supporters might be thinking - probably nothing about the Dale whatsoever.

I'll be back, probably against Morecambe and will take it from there.

I'm sad to read that D_Alien, but I fully empathise as I'm having precisely the same woebegone thoughts myself and have voluntarily missed 3 games this season.

With me, it's the cba attitude of so many at the club that has finally seeped into my system and at times, I now cba to put the club at the top of my priorities, whereas once I lived for the club.

The club appear determined to beat the love out of us and worryingly they keep their heads in the sand only to occasionally pop up with the "what problem?" line!

I look around the Sandy on matchdays these days and see spaces where fans of great longevity used to stand, including Doris' band of 4 for example. It's sad that so many feel like this, yet I'm strangely heartened that it's not just me feeling this way D_Alien, as outlined in your post. I was beginning to think I was losing my marbles!!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 14:56 - Oct 7 with 2774 viewsTVOS1907

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 14:19 - Oct 7 by R17ALE

I'm sad to read that D_Alien, but I fully empathise as I'm having precisely the same woebegone thoughts myself and have voluntarily missed 3 games this season.

With me, it's the cba attitude of so many at the club that has finally seeped into my system and at times, I now cba to put the club at the top of my priorities, whereas once I lived for the club.

The club appear determined to beat the love out of us and worryingly they keep their heads in the sand only to occasionally pop up with the "what problem?" line!

I look around the Sandy on matchdays these days and see spaces where fans of great longevity used to stand, including Doris' band of 4 for example. It's sad that so many feel like this, yet I'm strangely heartened that it's not just me feeling this way D_Alien, as outlined in your post. I was beginning to think I was losing my marbles!!

On the positive side, the team are unbeaten and have won four consecutive away games since you had your Road to Damascus moment.

Any chance of a few more before May?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:14 - Oct 7 with 2751 viewsSuddenLad

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 14:19 - Oct 7 by R17ALE

It's more than just 'a few' I would venture to suggest. Add me to the list. I've seen only one game thus far this season (Barnet).

Just reached a point where we are fed up of being ignored as customers (personally, for over 50 years) and treated like a potential thug by stewards who think they are somehow empowered to treat people how they like without the need for courteousness or civility, though I am aware that not ALL stewards are pig-ignorant.

(Amongst other things) - One of the last straws was myself and my wife being 'frisked' and having her bag contents inspected prior to entering the ground. It was made clear that a refusal to allow the search would result in us not being admitted.

Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that supporters are no longer the priority, so I've decided that watching Dale and spending good money in doing so isn't my priority either.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:21 - Oct 7 with 2742 viewsTVOS1907

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:14 - Oct 7 by SuddenLad

It's more than just 'a few' I would venture to suggest. Add me to the list. I've seen only one game thus far this season (Barnet).

Just reached a point where we are fed up of being ignored as customers (personally, for over 50 years) and treated like a potential thug by stewards who think they are somehow empowered to treat people how they like without the need for courteousness or civility, though I am aware that not ALL stewards are pig-ignorant.

(Amongst other things) - One of the last straws was myself and my wife being 'frisked' and having her bag contents inspected prior to entering the ground. It was made clear that a refusal to allow the search would result in us not being admitted.

Sadly, I've come to the conclusion that supporters are no longer the priority, so I've decided that watching Dale and spending good money in doing so isn't my priority either.

To add some contrast to this story, the experience from all the staff at Accrington yesterday couldn't have been more welcoming.

From the programme seller, to the turnstile operator, to the stewards outside and inside the ground, there was a genuine feeling of how pleased they were to welcome us to their ground.

"Enjoy the game" was certainly uttered more than once on our way in.

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:33 - Oct 7 with 2731 viewsfrenzied

i too thought the Accy staff were very welcoming,no over zealous stewarding seen at many grounds..as for the atmosphere i think there is a little disbelief amongst the Dale fans ,i see very little quality amongst our team as individuals but as a unit there is no doubting their efforts and work rate..id still settle for a top half finish
Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:37 - Oct 7 with 2720 viewsClivert

The stewards in the away end yesterday were ours weren't they?

I certainly recognised a few of them.
Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:41 - Oct 7 with 2707 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

what really annoy's me is when i start singing them certain sandy laners who shall not be named stop singing at away games to make me look like prat all the time this season the so called "Singers" should have there head's down in shame were all in this together lad's sort it

UP THE DALE

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:43 - Oct 7 with 2694 viewsblueblood

Go on tazbot name them !
Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:47 - Oct 7 with 2680 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:43 - Oct 7 by blueblood

Go on tazbot name them !

I'm not scooping down to their level they know who they are

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:49 - Oct 7 with 2667 viewsJL_Dale

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:41 - Oct 7 by DaleAwaydayBot

what really annoy's me is when i start singing them certain sandy laners who shall not be named stop singing at away games to make me look like prat all the time this season the so called "Singers" should have there head's down in shame were all in this together lad's sort it

UP THE DALE

Tazzy, your chants are crap. They don't make sense, and they're never in the correct tune.
Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:53 - Oct 7 with 2658 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:49 - Oct 7 by JL_Dale

Tazzy, your chants are crap. They don't make sense, and they're never in the correct tune.

The idea is to create atmosphere so what if its not in tune it doesn't need to at Plymouth i want to have a full 90 minutes of singing to put Plymouth to shame as both sides as one not going quiet because someone who a non-sandy laner start's singing

UP THE DALE
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:58 - Oct 7 with 2635 viewsJL_Dale

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:53 - Oct 7 by DaleAwaydayBot

The idea is to create atmosphere so what if its not in tune it doesn't need to at Plymouth i want to have a full 90 minutes of singing to put Plymouth to shame as both sides as one not going quiet because someone who a non-sandy laner start's singing

UP THE DALE
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Your chanting sounds like a montage of bad X-Factor auditions. I refuse to take part, I'm out.
Awful atmosphere from dale today on 16:00 - Oct 7 with 2632 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:58 - Oct 7 by JL_Dale

Your chanting sounds like a montage of bad X-Factor auditions. I refuse to take part, I'm out.

Shame on you and your little singing group

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 16:00 - Oct 7 with 2633 viewsTVOS1907

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:37 - Oct 7 by Clivert

The stewards in the away end yesterday were ours weren't they?

I certainly recognised a few of them.

Some of them seemed to be, but there were some outside I'd never seen before.

Maybe they were operating under 'Lancashire Rules' rather than 'Greater Manchester Rules' ...

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 16:02 - Oct 7 with 2621 viewsTVOS1907

Awful atmosphere from dale today on 15:41 - Oct 7 by DaleAwaydayBot

UP THE DALE

Another 'so called Singer'.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024