Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. 20:38 - Dec 8 with 5045 viewsAtThePeake

Let's all stop going.

Tangled up in blue.

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:39 - Dec 8 with 3761 viewsstuartcryer

you know we cant do that its part of our lives

wardle blue

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:41 - Dec 8 with 3744 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

summed it up in just 4 words ATP

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:41 - Dec 8 with 3736 viewsAtThePeake

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:39 - Dec 8 by stuartcryer

you know we cant do that its part of our lives

Exactly.

So how about we get behind our team rather than getting on their backs.

Tangled up in blue.

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:43 - Dec 8 with 3722 viewsTalkingSutty

No, we should all keep going to games but that doesnt mean we cant express our opinions. Its our club not Colemans or the players, if they perform they accept the plaudits and when they play crap and act like spoilt petulant kids they get slated. Whats wrong with that ??
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:46 - Dec 8 with 3708 viewsstuartcryer

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:43 - Dec 8 by TalkingSutty

No, we should all keep going to games but that doesnt mean we cant express our opinions. Its our club not Colemans or the players, if they perform they accept the plaudits and when they play crap and act like spoilt petulant kids they get slated. Whats wrong with that ??

correct we pay their wages soon as the morons realize that the better glad they dont work for me

wardle blue

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:47 - Dec 8 with 3699 viewsAtThePeake

I can't post on here at the minute.

The delusional over-reactions have left me utterly dumbfounded.

I'll be back in a few weeks when we've won a game and you're all happy again.

Tangled up in blue.

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:54 - Dec 8 with 3685 viewsNewMilne

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:43 - Dec 8 by TalkingSutty

Exactly. But unfortunately its not really 'our club' its a business run by directors. If they cannot see that there is a serious problem with its client base (supporters ) and listen to those clients then there wont be a club to call our own. Its up to them to listen. There is no difference between a shop with no customers and a football club with no customers. Neither will survive unless directors / owners change things themselves.
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:00 - Dec 8 with 3662 viewsTrue_Blue2

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:47 - Dec 8 by AtThePeake

I can't post on here at the minute.

The delusional over-reactions have left me utterly dumbfounded.

I'll be back in a few weeks when we've won a game and you're all happy again.

The way things are going at the moment it'll be more than a few weeks...
Login to get fewer ads

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:03 - Dec 8 with 3654 viewsjasp67

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:54 - Dec 8 by NewMilne

Exactly. But unfortunately its not really 'our club' its a business run by directors. If they cannot see that there is a serious problem with its client base (supporters ) and listen to those clients then there wont be a club to call our own. Its up to them to listen. There is no difference between a shop with no customers and a football club with no customers. Neither will survive unless directors / owners change things themselves.

Fair point, what and how would you change, if you were the boss?
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:06 - Dec 8 with 3644 viewsDoris

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 20:54 - Dec 8 by NewMilne

why would they want to listen now when they havent done so in the past ,just had a text a minute ago saying less than 500 paying fans today .Businesses dont run long on poor customer sales ,this trend of dont listen to the customer has been going for a few years now and as the crowds are showing it may be a bit too late.
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:20 - Dec 8 with 3612 viewsNewMilne

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:03 - Dec 8 by jasp67

Fair point, what and how would you change, if you were the boss?

I dont pretend to have any answer, but the simple fact that only 1700 could be encouraged into the game (inc away fans) means that all is not well for a variety of reasons. The business needs to understand why. They have a Supporters Trust to help them with that. They have to use any source they can and sort the wheat from the chaff. A business plan is no use if it alienates your customers, even if you think them wrong.
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:23 - Dec 8 with 3598 viewsDoris

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:20 - Dec 8 by NewMilne

I dont pretend to have any answer, but the simple fact that only 1700 could be encouraged into the game (inc away fans) means that all is not well for a variety of reasons. The business needs to understand why. They have a Supporters Trust to help them with that. They have to use any source they can and sort the wheat from the chaff. A business plan is no use if it alienates your customers, even if you think them wrong.

the trust has been giving them the answers for years ,they have decided not to take the info on board and act upon it even though some of them are in the marketing business .
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:23 - Dec 8 with 3598 viewsSandyman

ATP is right - history has proved that NOT going is a message the directors understand. Low crowds focus minds. Why I even bothered to attend today after last week is beyond me. To have the same awful scenario repeated has focussed my mind for sure.

Looks like next years season ticket money is going on a nice spec DAB radio at the moment. Coleman ain't getting it.
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:26 - Dec 8 with 3566 views442Dale

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:20 - Dec 8 by NewMilne

Don't sort Chaff out too, he's still prepared to go to games.

But yes, you're right. Some simple things they should be doing:

- analysing statistical data surrounding crowds in different areas of the ground
- requesting feedback about matchday experiences EVERY single game
- try something different at every single game
- actively encourage ideas from supporters

All said before of course.

The accounts released the year after next could be very interesting. And not in a good way.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:27 - Dec 8 with 3574 viewsDoris

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:26 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

Don't sort Chaff out too, he's still prepared to go to games.

But yes, you're right. Some simple things they should be doing:

- analysing statistical data surrounding crowds in different areas of the ground
- requesting feedback about matchday experiences EVERY single game
- try something different at every single game
- actively encourage ideas from supporters

All said before of course.

The accounts released the year after next could be very interesting. And not in a good way.

cant wait for feb 28 2013 for starters
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:32 - Dec 8 with 3542 views442Dale

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:27 - Dec 8 by Doris

cant wait for feb 28 2013 for starters

Is that when the next accounts are released?

They won't be too different to this year's as they'll be for the year ending May '12 and therefore include all money received from another year in League 1.

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:37 - Dec 8 with 3533 viewsDoris

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:32 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

Is that when the next accounts are released?

They won't be too different to this year's as they'll be for the year ending May '12 and therefore include all money received from another year in League 1.

yes it is but will not include some of the big money transfers ,i think ?
Not sure on the Dawson payments the main one .yr ending may 2013 will be very interesting in feb 2014.
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:41 - Dec 8 with 3507 views442Dale

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:37 - Dec 8 by Doris

yes it is but will not include some of the big money transfers ,i think ?
Not sure on the Dawson payments the main one .yr ending may 2013 will be very interesting in feb 2014.

But the money received from the League/FA pool was over 400k up to May'11 and that's what helps keep the finances looking good.

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:43 - Dec 8 with 3501 viewsjudd

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:41 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

But the money received from the League/FA pool was over 400k up to May'11 and that's what helps keep the finances looking good.

So what,exactly, are you looking at in the accounts?

P&L or balance sheet?

Poll: What is it to be then?

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:45 - Dec 8 with 3489 viewsDoris

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:41 - Dec 8 by 442Dale

true but we got quite alot of transfer money in that accounting period i seem to recall ,we havent had much in the last year or so .We will see soon enough but sure enough the year later is going to look pretty poor and the year after that if we are still afloat will be a joke unless the directors have some pretty deep pockets.
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:48 - Dec 8 with 3476 viewsNewMilne

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:23 - Dec 8 by Doris

the trust has been giving them the answers for years ,they have decided not to take the info on board and act upon it even though some of them are in the marketing business .

Doris, I'm not familiar with how the ST present their opinions to the board and certainly have no wish to upset anybody, but in the interest of the club as a whole, could they approach the board to request what help could be offered and what specific feedback the board require. That approach puts the ball firmly in their court. The reaction may be different from receiving what could be seen as a list of un solicited items. (No offense meant, but you know what some management are like)
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:56 - Dec 8 with 3448 viewsDoris

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:48 - Dec 8 by NewMilne

Doris, I'm not familiar with how the ST present their opinions to the board and certainly have no wish to upset anybody, but in the interest of the club as a whole, could they approach the board to request what help could be offered and what specific feedback the board require. That approach puts the ball firmly in their court. The reaction may be different from receiving what could be seen as a list of un solicited items. (No offense meant, but you know what some management are like)

They have put written plans of actions in the palms of their hands for years ,dont forget that the trust have an ex chief exec on its panel and plenty of skill .its been ignored and alledgedly ridiculed so much so plenty have given up .I dont care what management are like if they dont heed some basic truths then they (or the football club) reaps the ultimate reward,non attendance of customers ,in this (our) case around 1000 a game.
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 22:08 - Dec 8 with 3418 viewsNewMilne

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 21:56 - Dec 8 by Doris

They have put written plans of actions in the palms of their hands for years ,dont forget that the trust have an ex chief exec on its panel and plenty of skill .its been ignored and alledgedly ridiculed so much so plenty have given up .I dont care what management are like if they dont heed some basic truths then they (or the football club) reaps the ultimate reward,non attendance of customers ,in this (our) case around 1000 a game.

Then the only other way if doing it, if indeed there is any goodwill left between parties is to NOT put action plans into their hands but to sit down with them with a clean sheet and let them instigate the discussion. If the board have no interest in the opinions and suggestions of the ST, then at that stage the ST should make it clear that they have no further confidence in the board and would have to seriously consider its own mandate in any financial support of the club. No point banging on a closed door.
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 22:11 - Dec 8 with 3405 viewsDoris

I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 22:08 - Dec 8 by NewMilne

Then the only other way if doing it, if indeed there is any goodwill left between parties is to NOT put action plans into their hands but to sit down with them with a clean sheet and let them instigate the discussion. If the board have no interest in the opinions and suggestions of the ST, then at that stage the ST should make it clear that they have no further confidence in the board and would have to seriously consider its own mandate in any financial support of the club. No point banging on a closed door.

they also do that on a monthly basis for the last few years ,again to no avail so far .The trust still have over 30 grand in the bank on a project which was a red herring .
I know the best way to sort out THE ABSOLUTE MESS we find ourselves in. on 22:12 - Dec 8 with 3403 viewsR17ALE

I know from first hand experience the efforts put in by the Trust and I'm all too aware of the disdain given the Trust by some at the club.

I could write a book on the saga.

Ever since the Centenary season, this club has been the club of the missed opportunity, appallingly run commercially, but brilliantly run on the pitch until recently.

This on field success has papered over cracks wide enough to hide 1000 fans.

We have warned the club, advised it, cajoled it, worked for it for free, and eventually, you just think fook it.

The penny dropped for me 3 years ago when I asked the Chairman if he felt it would be wise to fix the holes in the roof whilst the sun was shining. The look of utter disdain he gave me told me all I needed to know. Sadly.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024