Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, if you were Keith Hill, what would you have asked for? 18:34 - Apr 18 with 994 viewsD_Alien

This isn't a post about basic salary, more about terms and conditions.

And it's not intended as a way of getting at CD and the board - I think we've suffered alongside them these past two years - but as CD's statement indicates, things will need to change.

So Hilly has found himself in an almost uniquely favourable position in his negotiations with the club prior to signing up for three years.

What might he have asked for, in return for his blood, sweat and tears? Or rather, if you were in his position, what would YOU have asked for?

I'll set the ball rolling:

1) A sanction against the selling of one player per transfer window. By that I mean, just as in cricket you can have up to three reviews of umpiring decisions per innings, I could say No to the selling of one asset where the player himself was also in agreement. Once that sanction had been used, that's it until the next window.

2) A percentage of any transfer fee received for a player I'd brought into the club. I'd say, 2.5% of the immediate transfer fee plus 5% of the income from any sell-on clause.

3) A thorough review of all aspects of the commercial side of the club, to be completed by the start of the 2013/14 season. And as part of that review, a consideration of the proposals put forward by the Dale Trust, and if such proposals were rejected, an explanation to the fans (via the Trust) as to why the ideas for increasing revenue were rejected. Further to this, an annual review of the commercial side of the club with the Trust given the opportunity to put forward further ideas on each occasion, with explanations why the ideas were acceptable (and a timescale for implementation) or why they were rejected.

Now, you might think some of the above is just pie in the sky, or even mad. So what would YOU have asked for?

*Edit: I should have added that 1) is counterbalanced by 2). In other words, if I sanctioned the selling of a player, I'd forego the income.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

So, if you were Keith Hill, what would you have asked for? on 18:45 - Apr 18 with 950 viewsTalkingSutty

I would have asked the Chairman if a monthly meeting/brain storm could be held which involved a representative from every department of the club.Each person would then have to outline their aims and objectives for that month and report back at the next meeting.

By doing that Hilly could properly grasp wether each aspect of the club is functioning at its maximum. Its ok Hilly sweating his gonads off in the pursuit of on-field success but if others are wallowing around in a sea of compacency then it needs addressing.
So, if you were Keith Hill, what would you have asked for? on 18:51 - Apr 18 with 929 viewsThe_DJ

So, if you were Keith Hill, what would you have asked for? on 18:45 - Apr 18 by TalkingSutty

I would have asked the Chairman if a monthly meeting/brain storm could be held which involved a representative from every department of the club.Each person would then have to outline their aims and objectives for that month and report back at the next meeting.

By doing that Hilly could properly grasp wether each aspect of the club is functioning at its maximum. Its ok Hilly sweating his gonads off in the pursuit of on-field success but if others are wallowing around in a sea of compacency then it needs addressing.

A big expensive car.
So, if you were Keith Hill, what would you have asked for? on 19:03 - Apr 18 with 886 viewsSaxonDale

A permanent and local training base of a high standard.
So, if you were Keith Hill, what would you have asked for? on 19:17 - Apr 18 with 846 viewsjudd

Some pointed teeth and big, floppy ears.

Poll: What is it to be then?

So, if you were Keith Hill, what would you have asked for? on 19:20 - Apr 18 with 830 viewsolympicdale

From listening to all the interviews from Hill, I think the main thing he will have asked will be a promise from the board that they are all pulling in the same direction regarding all off the activities, commercial side and all, tht they show the same ambition he shares as a blueprint to success.

Life is a game of fate.

So, if you were Keith Hill, what would you have asked for? on 19:25 - Apr 18 with 803 viewsD_Alien

So, if you were Keith Hill, what would you have asked for? on 19:17 - Apr 18 by judd

Some pointed teeth and big, floppy ears.

You've already got those, so what else?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

So, if you were Keith Hill, what would you have asked for? on 19:43 - Apr 18 with 765 viewsdingdangblue

A hot tub.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

So, if you were Keith Hill, what would you have asked for? on 19:47 - Apr 18 with 754 viewsBigKindo

A new green bodywarmer.
Login to get fewer ads

So, if you were Keith Hill, what would you have asked for? on 19:56 - Apr 18 with 730 viewssandylaner1

wonderwall on vinyl
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024