Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Centre forward 16:57 - Dec 14 with 4480 views442Dale

Need one.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Centre forward on 17:25 - Dec 14 with 2608 viewsfitzochris

In complete agreement.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Centre forward on 17:28 - Dec 14 with 2591 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Yep....and soon.

Preferably,not Cup-tied.
Centre forward on 17:37 - Dec 14 with 2544 viewsdale4ever

We're not really creating enough either!
Centre forward on 17:44 - Dec 14 with 2508 views442Dale

Centre forward on 17:37 - Dec 14 by dale4ever

We're not really creating enough either!

But a lot of that is down to not having a focal point up front.

The words 'George' and 'Donnelly' are banned from this discussion, btw.

Centre forward on 17:54 - Dec 14 with 2456 viewsTalkingSutty

Centre forward on 17:44 - Dec 14 by 442Dale

Needed one since the start of the season. They make all the difference in a tight game like today. I feel a bit sorry for Hogan the workload at times is too much for him. I have been really surprised that Hilly hasn't brought a forward in on loan since Donnellys injury.

By the way I thought we deserved a point today, the second half wasn't a bad performance by any means.
Centre forward on 18:00 - Dec 14 with 2416 viewsSandyman

Maybe we do need another centre forward, but we also need to stop faffing about so much in the final third of the pitch. Numerous opportunities were wasted today by players playing tippy-tappy and going sideways or backwards, allowing Fleetwood to get a defence in place, instead of exploiting gaps left by the opposition or taking a shot.
Centre forward on 18:01 - Dec 14 with 2407 viewsMoonyDale

Nice passing in the second half especially, no focal point up front. Def need a striker from somewhere as their keeper was not tested at all today....Hilly has to pull a rabbit from a hat, one that can score goals would be good...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Centre forward on 18:05 - Dec 14 with 2374 viewsRoChDaLe

this team is crying out for a jean louis akpa akpro in my opinion

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Login to get fewer ads

Centre forward on 18:07 - Dec 14 with 2367 viewssandylaner1

after today im now in full agreement

hogan can still at times be naive in his play and would be much better used playing off a target man

their two cb's played well today tbf but it didnt really work with hendo in behind and done didnt get on the ball enough to influence the game like we know he can do

vincenti did well and battles as did bunney when he came on

but we need something else up top for this team to reach its potential this season
[Post edited 14 Dec 2013 18:08]
Centre forward on 18:30 - Dec 14 with 2290 viewsmacro

Centre forward on 17:44 - Dec 14 by 442Dale

You saying that shows that we miss him and no i don't rate him
Centre forward on 18:32 - Dec 14 with 2276 viewsTomRAFC

A proper out and out striker with some physical presence and a decent record is what this team needs. Preferably more than one

In the mean time Joe Bunney deserves more game time.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Centre forward on 18:35 - Dec 14 with 2255 views442Dale

Centre forward on 18:30 - Dec 14 by macro

You saying that shows that we miss him and no i don't rate him

No we don't. As TalkingSutty says, we've need a hold-up, targetman all season. Today's sort of game only serves to illustrate exactly why.

Donnelly's attributes as an impact player are different and wouldn't have made much difference today.

Centre forward on 18:46 - Dec 14 with 2200 viewsmacro

Centre forward on 18:35 - Dec 14 by 442Dale

No we don't. As TalkingSutty says, we've need a hold-up, targetman all season. Today's sort of game only serves to illustrate exactly why.

Donnelly's attributes as an impact player are different and wouldn't have made much difference today.

We need a forward a target man agree but Donnellys work rate at the moment with the squad as it is puts him as a starter instead of cummins or hogan.
Centre forward on 18:57 - Dec 14 with 2162 viewsTomRAFC

Centre forward on 18:46 - Dec 14 by macro

We need a forward a target man agree but Donnellys work rate at the moment with the squad as it is puts him as a starter instead of cummins or hogan.

Donnelly ahead of Hogan?

I'll have what your having.

Centre forward on 18:59 - Dec 14 with 2158 viewsmacro

Centre forward on 18:57 - Dec 14 by TomRAFC

Donnelly ahead of Hogan?

I'll have what your having.

Hogan is better from the flanks running at players rather than the position he's playing now. That's when he's at his most dangerous so yes Donnelly ahead of hogan in the target man role
Centre forward on 19:13 - Dec 14 with 2136 viewsTalkingSutty

Centre forward on 18:00 - Dec 14 by Sandyman

Maybe we do need another centre forward, but we also need to stop faffing about so much in the final third of the pitch. Numerous opportunities were wasted today by players playing tippy-tappy and going sideways or backwards, allowing Fleetwood to get a defence in place, instead of exploiting gaps left by the opposition or taking a shot.

My sentiments exactly,we lose any momentum we might have by constantly going backwards or overplaying in confined spaces on the flanks, don't get me started on the short corner routines which are criminal to watch. When we are the home team we have to look at putting the opposition on the back foot,I didn't see that today.
Centre forward on 19:29 - Dec 14 with 2083 viewsrochdale1987

Agree that Bunney should be starting more games, also agree that we should bring in a forward, odejayi has been mentioned a few times and we could do a lot worse than sign him.
Centre forward on 19:53 - Dec 14 with 2037 viewsNotEyreClue

Centre forward on 18:00 - Dec 14 by Sandyman

100% agree.

Tutte is just Jones reincarnated...get him the nickname 'crab' asap.

The amount of times where we looked to break forward quickly, only for someone to slow the play right down and give their players chances to get back in position was criminal.

Dicker is gash. We missed Lund so badly, he really makes the team tick in the centre of the park.

I know Lancashire had a mare last week but did that really merit him being dropped for this game? He's done consistently well this season and our CB pairing today looked a bit iffy in my opinion and I'm not sold on Eastham.

Rose is SOOO one dimensional it's untrue. He's got a wand of a left and that's plain for everybody to see but apart from that, he's pretty poor defensively and a few times today we had to slow play down in order to wait for him to catch-up with play and deliver a cross.

Speaking of crosses, they were usually turd and struggled to beat the first man. Short corners need to be abandoned, especially as we have a few big lads who are pretty decent in the air.

Hogan is NOT a striker. He is absolutely ineffective when playing up front on his own and is clearly a much better player when playing off someone up top. I don't rate Cummins but I'm surprised he didn't start today with Hogan playing off him.

Whilst we were praising KH for his quick thinking at Rotheram last week which ultimately won us the game, I felt he took way too long today in seeing that it just wasn't working on the pitch and the substitutions were too little too late.

Today was soul-destroying but I felt we probably deserved a point...they were just a lot more clinical and penetrative in the final third and fair play to them for that.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Centre forward on 23:59 - Dec 14 with 1876 viewszxcvbnm

Lillis
Rafferty
Rose
Lancashire
O'Connell
Lund
Cavanagh
Vincenti
Hogan
Henderson
Donnelly

As a fully fit squad that'd be my first choice 11

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Centre forward on 08:55 - Dec 15 with 1755 viewsTomRAFC

Centre forward on 23:59 - Dec 14 by zxcvbnm

Lillis
Rafferty
Rose
Lancashire
O'Connell
Lund
Cavanagh
Vincenti
Hogan
Henderson
Donnelly

As a fully fit squad that'd be my first choice 11

Would sooner see Bunney in for Donnelly based on this seasons performances.

Centre forward on 09:44 - Dec 15 with 1705 viewsboromat

I think we just got unlucky today in terms of what the referee let go. The amount of times Hogan was fouled with an elbow in the back was ridiculous. Any other day you would have got 50% of them fouls yesterday we got none. If we would have known how the ref was going to play the game then I'm sure Cummins would have started.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Centre forward on 16:24 - Dec 15 with 1513 viewswmgunit

We're two points off the automatic promotion places. This thread is overwhelmingly negative.
Centre forward on 20:10 - Dec 15 with 1367 viewsNotEyreClue

Centre forward on 16:24 - Dec 15 by wmgunit

We're two points off the automatic promotion places. This thread is overwhelmingly negative.

We've been poor at home of late though. The Rotheram result glossed things over a bit in terms of recent performances. In isolation, our position is more than acceptable but we're moving the wrong way down the table and there are definitely a few things than need to be addressed if we want to be in the promotion shake-up come the end of the season.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Centre forward on 20:18 - Dec 15 with 1349 viewsfitzochris

Centre forward on 16:24 - Dec 15 by wmgunit

Some posts are maybe a bit excessive but, in the main, I think most people are highlighting an area where we are currently weak. It isn't pessimistic or negative. We need to strengthen up front. Anything else is complacency.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Centre forward on 20:31 - Dec 15 with 1327 viewssandylaner1

hilly addressed this issue very well at the QandA at the cricket club today

he stated this team is missing a target man to make the ball stick up top and will be in the market - nice to hear him acknowledge this fact

also mentioned georgie donnelly and how players especially hogan have missed playing alongside him - keith is looking forward to a fit and sharp donners to return in the new year

talked about the naivety of the young team as to not lose games in which they don't play well, yesterday being an example of this. thinks we should be 4 points better off to be on point where we at least got a draw but subsequently lost

acknowledged michael rose had a mare yesterday and said rosey came in at half time and held his hands up lol

question 'is Rose a wing back or a left back and what is the difference?'

hill - he's a sub if he plays like he did yesterday

KHBA
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024