Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Playing premier league rookies 13:48 - Jan 8 with 1489 viewsD_Alien

Jurgen Klopp has put out a scratch XI against Plymouth. Would he dare do that against Dale (if Liverpool get through?)

Eddie Howe came a cropper doing the same at Millwall yesterday, and to be fair he admitted as much on MOTD

But it does raise the issue of who we draw in the 4th round - would we be happy playing at Anfield or another major premier league ground against a bunch of youngsters?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Playing premier league rookies on 13:52 - Jan 8 with 1461 viewsTVOS1907

I think as the competition progresses, we'll see less of these 'rookies' teams.

I also think if Liverpool didn't have their EFL Cup semi-final in midweek, Klopp might have picked a stronger side today.

Personally, I'd rather see us up against the strongest team possible than a bunch of youngsters. That's what the Checkatrade Trophy is supposed to be for!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Playing premier league rookies on 13:54 - Jan 8 with 1448 viewsisitme

If it was a full house and on TV a weaker line up would be even better.
Playing premier league rookies on 13:55 - Jan 8 with 1444 viewsD_Alien

Playing premier league rookies on 13:52 - Jan 8 by TVOS1907

I think as the competition progresses, we'll see less of these 'rookies' teams.

I also think if Liverpool didn't have their EFL Cup semi-final in midweek, Klopp might have picked a stronger side today.

Personally, I'd rather see us up against the strongest team possible than a bunch of youngsters. That's what the Checkatrade Trophy is supposed to be for!

Hope so

If I was one of the 9000 Plymouth fans at Anfield today, I'd be feeling short-changed

[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 13:56]

Playing premier league rookies on 14:02 - Jan 8 with 1409 viewsregjenkins

So far its been like watching paint dry.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Playing premier league rookies on 15:23 - Jan 8 with 1304 viewspioneer

how come we can be fined for making excessive changes in a paint trophy game but premier league teams can do what they like for the FA Cup? Some of the teams put out by prem clubs in the paint trophy were bordering on as strong as some of the teams put out in FACup.

I see the FA are today defending the competition again and saying prize money will increase. They need to address the neglect of the competition by the big clubs .... miserly attendences at yesterdays games (and today at Cardiff).

To be fair to Mourinho he put out a 'first team' yesterdaY.
Playing premier league rookies on 15:26 - Jan 8 with 1285 viewsTVOS1907

Playing premier league rookies on 13:55 - Jan 8 by D_Alien

Hope so

If I was one of the 9000 Plymouth fans at Anfield today, I'd be feeling short-changed

[Post edited 8 Jan 2017 13:56]

And now Klopp's ended up with another game, which is some sort of payback for fielding such a young team.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Playing premier league rookies on 15:27 - Jan 8 with 1275 viewssince58

Great result ,Great display well done Plymouth .
Playing premier league rookies on 15:32 - Jan 8 with 1247 viewsD_Alien

Playing premier league rookies on 15:26 - Jan 8 by TVOS1907

And now Klopp's ended up with another game, which is some sort of payback for fielding such a young team.

Aye, and i guess the Plymouth fans won't be feeling short-changed now, if they were at the outset

It doesn't half put a dampener on the kind of 'cup romance' Ken Boon has in mind though

Login to get fewer ads

Playing premier league rookies on 15:45 - Jan 8 with 1181 viewsSuddenLad

Playing premier league rookies on 15:23 - Jan 8 by pioneer

how come we can be fined for making excessive changes in a paint trophy game but premier league teams can do what they like for the FA Cup? Some of the teams put out by prem clubs in the paint trophy were bordering on as strong as some of the teams put out in FACup.

I see the FA are today defending the competition again and saying prize money will increase. They need to address the neglect of the competition by the big clubs .... miserly attendences at yesterdays games (and today at Cardiff).

To be fair to Mourinho he put out a 'first team' yesterdaY.

It boils down to the old argument that Fergie used to make at United. He has the choice of a vast squad and as long as he is manager, he picks who plays in each game. I notice Klopp brought on Firmino and Lallana as late subs to try and force a result, but too late. He now has an extra game that he could do without and Plymouth have another whopping pay day.

Alternatively, Klopp could have selected his first choice eleven, spanked Plymouth 5-0, but had several injuries/suspensions. You can bet he won't be so lax in the replay.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Playing premier league rookies on 16:34 - Jan 8 with 1038 viewsDaley_Lama

Playing Premier League Oldies can, however, be ace.

John Terry sent off v Peterborough.

Love it

Poll: DF in or out

Playing premier league rookies on 18:44 - Jan 8 with 830 viewsCreepy

Premier league teams should have to name an 18 man squad for the fa cup.They would have to decide then if they're taking it seriously and opposition fans would know what type of team they were playing before the game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024