Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale 2016/17 Part 2 17:35 - Jan 28 with 1646 viewsD_Alien

Getting tonked 0-4 on consecutive weekends is hard to take, but its something we've got to put behind us

Results in L1 seem to have gone our way today and we're in a play-off place with 2 home fixtures to come. Once the obvious disappointment has subsided, there's a whole lot of season left for us to look forward to and anyone who's been there so far will know we're far better than those two results

We could also start feeling sorry for ourselves about the ridiculous tally of injuries, which continued today with Calvin, but that's not the tone that I'm hearing from Hilly's interviews and with just the league to concentrate on it's time to get the bit between our teeth again

[Post edited 28 Jan 2017 17:36]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 18:48 - Jan 28 with 1425 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Trouble is,a double dicking can seriously damage confidence.......how will Logan feel next week when he gets his first dodgy back-pass?
Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:00 - Jan 28 with 1386 views442Dale

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 18:48 - Jan 28 by Yorkshire_Dale

Trouble is,a double dicking can seriously damage confidence.......how will Logan feel next week when he gets his first dodgy back-pass?

When did he struggle today with a back pass?

What we need is a back to basics, with players in their best positions. One win and confidence returns.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:09 - Jan 28 with 1343 viewsD_Alien

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 18:48 - Jan 28 by Yorkshire_Dale

It's possible confidence may be damaged, but I didn't see much evidence of that today

We started on the front foot after last week's debacle, and continued to try to play football even during the latter stages of the second half

I'm guessing the gaffer will have put some messages across about not letting these two games affect the work already done this season

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:14 - Jan 28 with 1313 views442Dale

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:09 - Jan 28 by D_Alien

It's possible confidence may be damaged, but I didn't see much evidence of that today

We started on the front foot after last week's debacle, and continued to try to play football even during the latter stages of the second half

I'm guessing the gaffer will have put some messages across about not letting these two games affect the work already done this season

In both the last two games we have started the second half on top and looking the better side only to concede poor goals which seethe game drift away from us. We can easily focus on how goals are going in at one end, but we haven't scored when necessary to take the pressure off either.

Davies is proving a bigger miss than maybe we thought.

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:23 - Jan 28 with 1276 viewsrich_dale

Rathbone is a huge miss IMO - his energy, defending from the front and his attacking craft. According to Hilly he'll be the first back of the injured players, hopefully next week but if not the one after.
Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:33 - Jan 28 with 1237 views442Dale

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:23 - Jan 28 by rich_dale

Rathbone is a huge miss IMO - his energy, defending from the front and his attacking craft. According to Hilly he'll be the first back of the injured players, hopefully next week but if not the one after.

When did Hill say that?

Be interesting to hear more on Lund and Lillis too.

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:38 - Jan 28 with 1198 viewsMIlnrowdale

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:33 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

When did Hill say that?

Hoping he won't have to deal with a back pass, keeper on loan much needed
Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:42 - Jan 28 with 1178 viewsMolly

To lose two home games on the trot 4-0 is disappointing BUT they have evoked entirely different emotions. Last week was a poor performance without spirit or any real fight. Today was an entirely different kettle of fish and no way was that a 4-0 tonking. I would be very surprised if confidence has been shattered as seems to be suggested by some posters.
Lets look forwards to two very winnable home games and consolidate our league position.
Login to get fewer ads

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:46 - Jan 28 with 1147 viewsShun

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:33 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

When did Hill say that?

A few days ago he said Rathbone would be out for a week or two, whereas Lillis and Lund are more long-term injuries.
Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 21:15 - Jan 28 with 1015 views49thseason

To be honest, I don't think we did too much wrong today. When you consider the patched-up nature of the team I think its fair to say that Huddersfield will know they have been in a game. The first half was even-stevens despite an enforced Rochdale change after 10 minutes or so, the Referee gave a foul against Andrew which only added insult to severe injury and the loss of yet another key player. Their goal at the end of the first half was called offside by most of my Sandy Lane colleagues and the video seems to support their view.
The second half saw a mystery penalty decision and once the spot kick hit the back of the net it was game over. Hilly blames 3 goals on individual errors, fair enough, but one has to conclude that to be missing 5 key players in the 4th round of the FA cup against a top Championship side could only end one way without the sort of luck that is nowhere in the Rochdale annals. Does it matter if it was 0-1 or 0-4? No, we are out of the cup and have a few more quid in the kitty, job done for another season. All that is required now is another 10 points and Keith can play Logan at centre forward and put Henderson in goal if he feels the need. Play-offs would be great but personally I would be happy if we just start winning at home again.
Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 21:22 - Jan 28 with 994 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 19:00 - Jan 28 by 442Dale

When did he struggle today with a back pass?

What we need is a back to basics, with players in their best positions. One win and confidence returns.

I did n't say he struggled with a back pass today,did I ?

It was simply making a point that Conrad's confidence is shot and he needs to win it back with the support of the Team.no historyonics.
Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 21:30 - Jan 28 with 961 views442Dale

Dale 2016/17 Part 2 on 21:22 - Jan 28 by Yorkshire_Dale

I did n't say he struggled with a back pass today,did I ?

It was simply making a point that Conrad's confidence is shot and he needs to win it back with the support of the Team.no historyonics.

No, I was wondering what you meant, that's all. You're right about confidence, and unfortunately unless we do bring a loanee in it is something that will be tested. He needs a solid run of games if he isn't able to be taken out of the firing line, a good start will be ensuring clearances are just that for a while; get rid rather than trying to pick a pass.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024