Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can we get 38 points? 09:32 - Mar 10 with 3356 viewsdingdangblue

When we were last relegated from league 1 in 11/12 under Eyre/Beech/Coleman that's the points tally. After 34 games we had 2 more points (won 6 drawn 12) as compared to now (won 6 drawn 10). I can't see where 10 points are coming from this season?
In the great escape season we had 34 points at this stage and had just won away at Walsall and Rotherham.
If we were making any miracle recovery - last night was the starting point and we missed our chances - quite literally.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Can we get 38 points? on 09:34 - Mar 10 with 2802 viewsNorthernDale

I will be amazed if we get to 38 points.
Can we get 38 points? on 09:41 - Mar 10 with 2761 viewsdale1968

Can only see 3 draws amonst our remaining fixtures.
Hope I'm wrong..

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Can we get 38 points? on 10:01 - Mar 10 with 2687 viewsdiver

United beat City last week so strange things can happen!!
Can we get 38 points? on 10:08 - Mar 10 with 2658 viewsdingdangblue

Can we get 38 points? on 10:01 - Mar 10 by diver

United beat City last week so strange things can happen!!

Not that strange, under Pep City have lost 4 times at home to Utd.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Can we get 38 points? on 11:04 - Mar 10 with 2521 viewsDalenet

I am not hopeful of picking up another point until we get Beesley and Lund back. Then we have a chance of picking up a few points - or at least scoring a goal. Given where our peers are, we will probably need 45 points - so that's 17 points needed at an average of 1.5 per game. A miracle is needed now
Can we get 38 points? on 11:58 - Mar 10 with 2382 viewsNafelad

Can we get 38 points? on 11:04 - Mar 10 by Dalenet

I am not hopeful of picking up another point until we get Beesley and Lund back. Then we have a chance of picking up a few points - or at least scoring a goal. Given where our peers are, we will probably need 45 points - so that's 17 points needed at an average of 1.5 per game. A miracle is needed now

I half agree with this - we have missed Lund's goalscoring, but we have also missed his midfield presence. As far as Beesley is concerned, I can only remember him not taking chances that came his way, being injured every other game, and being ineffectual when running at defenders, trying to block their passes, or tackle them. Also, it would be interesting to know how long he's going to be out with the cut on his foot, that seemed to be inflicted when one of his own team stepped on it (?)

Topcat

Can we get 38 points? on 12:03 - Mar 10 with 2362 viewsjudd

I don't think we'd get 38 points even with a Tesco clubcard

Poll: What is it to be then?

Can we get 38 points? on 12:04 - Mar 10 with 2360 viewsdingdangblue

We play Lincoln and Peterborough next - we'll be stuck on 28 till at least Wimbledon a.

Login to get fewer ads

Can we get 38 points? on 12:05 - Mar 10 with 2355 viewsdingdangblue

Can we get 38 points? on 11:58 - Mar 10 by Nafelad

I half agree with this - we have missed Lund's goalscoring, but we have also missed his midfield presence. As far as Beesley is concerned, I can only remember him not taking chances that came his way, being injured every other game, and being ineffectual when running at defenders, trying to block their passes, or tackle them. Also, it would be interesting to know how long he's going to be out with the cut on his foot, that seemed to be inflicted when one of his own team stepped on it (?)

BBM said a few weeks ago it was a broken metatarsal.

Can we get 38 points? on 12:07 - Mar 10 with 2351 viewsAtThePeake

Can we get 38 points? on 11:58 - Mar 10 by Nafelad

Beesley's goalscoring touch needs to improve but the longer this poor run of results without him in the team continues, the more he is missed. He might not be the most effective player with the ball, but his work-rate and presence take some of the workload of Humphrys.

With Beesley -
Played: 16
Goals scored: 25
Humphrys goals: 6

Without Beesley -
Played: 18
Goals scored: 16
Humphrys goals: 2

Tangled up in blue.

Can we get 38 points? on 12:22 - Mar 10 with 2290 viewsDalenet

Can we get 38 points? on 12:07 - Mar 10 by AtThePeake

Beesley's goalscoring touch needs to improve but the longer this poor run of results without him in the team continues, the more he is missed. He might not be the most effective player with the ball, but his work-rate and presence take some of the workload of Humphrys.

With Beesley -

Without Beesley -

Better demonstrated than I managed. He is a miss upfront - he at least helps split the opponents defence
Can we get 38 points? on 12:24 - Mar 10 with 2282 viewsNafelad

With Beesley -

Without Beesley -

Thanks for this - I understand your point. I would add that Humphreys has missed a few rather easy goalscoring opportunities in recent games, and I don't think it was due to not having Beesley playing upfront with him.

Topcat

Can we get 38 points? on 12:29 - Mar 10 with 2267 viewsAtThePeake

Can we get 38 points? on 12:24 - Mar 10 by Nafelad

Thanks for this - I understand your point. I would add that Humphreys has missed a few rather easy goalscoring opportunities in recent games, and I don't think it was due to not having Beesley playing upfront with him.

Agree with that. I suspect that''s partly down to a bit of rustiness and a lack of confidence which I suppose is bound to happen when he went so many games without getting a sniff of goal.

Tangled up in blue.

Can we get 38 points? on 12:43 - Mar 10 with 2217 viewsfunkkk

Can we get 38 points? on 12:22 - Mar 10 by Dalenet

Better demonstrated than I managed. He is a miss upfront - he at least helps split the opponents defence

I think he’s at risk of becoming one of those players that everyone rates when he doesn’t play. He’s never set the world alight for us albeit I appreciate his injury problems. Humphrys plays better with another striker which he hasn’t had recently; Done, Newby & Baah are not strikers. We’ve also changed tact of late and gone far more defensive, this has clearly had an effect on Humphrys who really looks like he’s not enjoying his football and lack of service.
Can we get 38 points? on 12:54 - Mar 10 with 2196 viewsjudd

With Beesley -

Without Beesley -

1.125 points per game with versus 0.555 without.

Either rate, if repeated, won't keep us up.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Can we get 38 points? on 13:02 - Mar 10 with 2159 viewsAtThePeake

Can we get 38 points? on 12:54 - Mar 10 by judd

Absolutely. I'm defending Beesley here, but the injuries are not an excuse. Every club suffers with injuries. It's up to the coaching staff to find ways to deal with them. Ours haven't.

Tangled up in blue.

Can we get 38 points? on 13:38 - Mar 10 with 2056 viewsdingdangblue

Can we get 38 points? on 12:54 - Mar 10 by judd

Humphrys was out injured for a lot of those 16 games with Beesley. They've only actually started 6 games together. As a partnership they've done ok and I think the last game before Beesley's injury was the 3-3 draw with Wigan where Humphrys scored 2 and Beesley scored 1.
In the 6 games together we won 1, drew 4 and lost at Donny in the game Beesley went off injured. Those 6 games Humphrys scored 4 and Beesley 2. We need him back but it's too late for this season I fear.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 14:05]

Can we get 38 points? on 13:56 - Mar 10 with 1989 viewsJames1980

Can we get 38 points? on 13:02 - Mar 10 by AtThePeake

Absolutely. I'm defending Beesley here, but the injuries are not an excuse. Every club suffers with injuries. It's up to the coaching staff to find ways to deal with them. Ours haven't.

I'd argue that our understudies are going to be more likely to fluff their lines than the stand ins of most other clubs. Also how many of them have only played their 1st choice front 2 for only 9 games?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Can we get 38 points? on 14:05 - Mar 10 with 1965 viewsAtThePeake

Can we get 38 points? on 13:56 - Mar 10 by James1980

I'd argue that our understudies are going to be more likely to fluff their lines than the stand ins of most other clubs. Also how many of them have only played their 1st choice front 2 for only 9 games?

It doesn't really matter to be honest. In a season in which we were always likely to be playing twice a week for the majority, we had to be more prepared for injuries than we have been. We know the situation regarding the finances and the size of the squad but unfortunately there is no asterisk in the league table that says 24th*

*but some of their players have been injured.

The players that have been fielded are good enough to have been performing better than they have been doing.

Tangled up in blue.

Can we get 38 points? on 14:41 - Mar 10 with 1909 viewsDaleiLama

Can we get 38 points? on 14:05 - Mar 10 by AtThePeake

It doesn't really matter to be honest. In a season in which we were always likely to be playing twice a week for the majority, we had to be more prepared for injuries than we have been. We know the situation regarding the finances and the size of the squad but unfortunately there is no asterisk in the league table that says 24th*

*but some of their players have been injured.

The players that have been fielded are good enough to have been performing better than they have been doing.

I know there's an aspect to KH that turned many folk off, but he had a knack of making the whole greater than the sum of its parts @ Dale for most of his tenure.

Other than keeping us from the drop in his first season, I'd say the opposite was largely true of BBM. We have played some wonderful football on a few occasions since he took over, and that should not be forgotten, but we are where we are because we have been chronically inconsistent and have dished up some really dire fayre at the COA. We dodged a bullet for two seasons on the bounce, but third time is going to be unlucky for us.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Can we get 38 points? on 14:44 - Mar 10 with 1900 viewsNigeriamark

I think with 3 of the next 4 almost guaranteed to be 0 points, probably need an average of closer to 2 points from the rest. If BBM is to go and a new manager is to get a chance ( + a couple of games to assess the team before a "winnable game,) you would imagine this weekend is literally last chance saloon for the board to make a choice. Otherwise may as well stick with BBM for the rest of the season
Can we get 38 points? on 14:54 - Mar 10 with 1881 viewsdingdangblue

Been wondering if any other teams have survived from our current points tally. Wimbledon in 18/19 is the closest having a quick look - they were rock bottom after 34 games on 29 points.
They amassed 21 points from their final 12 games staying up with Southend on 50 points (Plymouth were relegated also on 50 points but the worst goal difference).
They did change their manager mid season however with Wally Downes coming in.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 14:58]

Can we get 38 points? on 15:20 - Mar 10 with 1813 views49thseason

The reversal in form now would be a miracle.
We have 12 games to play 8 of which are against the top half of the table where we have amassed the grand total of just 4 points so far.
We are all but relegated in name and need to start to fix the problems within the club asap otherwise there is a very good chance of falling straight out of L2 as well.
We urgently need to know if the Americans are indeed coming on board, we need to install a new CEO with real drive and ambition and much less self-promotion. We need 3 or 4 new board members capable of putting new fund raising ventures in place and we need a root and branch re-think about ticket pricing, attracting new fans and the whole football experience.
Can we get 38 points? on 15:38 - Mar 10 with 1766 viewsD_Alien

Meanwhile, a manager whose side are 13 pts clear of the bottom four is taking stock:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56344493

This couldn't be more irritating. The practicalities of survival by establishing a proper basis for playing in L1 laid bare by someone we wouldn't normally wish to hear from

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Can we get 38 points? on 15:55 - Mar 10 with 1723 viewsJames1980

Can we get 38 points? on 15:38 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

Meanwhile, a manager whose side are 13 pts clear of the bottom four is taking stock:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56344493

This couldn't be more irritating. The practicalities of survival by establishing a proper basis for playing in L1 laid bare by someone we wouldn't normally wish to hear from

Is that because they can afford to concentrate more on their league one status and not as much as 'developing talent' as we do. For example in the 2018/19 season. They averaged crowds of over 50% of Home Parks capacity in a season they were relegated in.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024