Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance 20:37 - Jun 5 with 7876 viewsblackdogblue

Just drove past & see they have installed rising barrier on the main car park entrance.

Wonder if this is one of the ground improvements or will it have a sentry box asking who are you on the way in?....

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 20:49 - Jun 5 with 5186 viewsboromat

Seems like an odd purchase. Not sure where the value is there.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 21:08 - Jun 5 with 5135 viewsD_Alien

So when i (or anyone else) drives up to the ground midweek to pick up a ticket, the barrier will be down?

This can't be allowed to stand as a legacy of the current regime, designed only to allow "carriages" through. Put simply, this isn't Dale - we've managed for well over a century without one, and what a waste of money

It must be removed as soon as a new regime is in place which works genuinely in the best interests of fans

And if the redundant barrier can be inserted forcibly up David Bottomley, so much the better

DB (Dale Barrier) OUT

[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 21:13]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 22:21 - Jun 5 with 4967 viewsSandyman

Pyongyang rightfully defending the Eternal Supreme Leader Generalissimo, Banner Of All Victory And Glory, Peerlessly Great Man, Hugely Talented and Wonderful Human Being.

Or summat like that. Hard to keep track of how incredible and wonderful everyone is.
New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 22:22 - Jun 5 with 4963 viewsR17ALE

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 21:08 - Jun 5 by D_Alien

So when i (or anyone else) drives up to the ground midweek to pick up a ticket, the barrier will be down?

This can't be allowed to stand as a legacy of the current regime, designed only to allow "carriages" through. Put simply, this isn't Dale - we've managed for well over a century without one, and what a waste of money

It must be removed as soon as a new regime is in place which works genuinely in the best interests of fans

And if the redundant barrier can be inserted forcibly up David Bottomley, so much the better

DB (Dale Barrier) OUT

The old gate was down and locked in the days leading up to the AGM. I was told it was so work could commence on the new gates.

We all know it was to try to hinder access to 100's of Dale Trust proxies being dropped off, as organised.

DB really thinks we're that stupid!

On the plus side, I got my leg over!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 23:06 - Jun 5 with 4866 viewsjudd

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 22:22 - Jun 5 by R17ALE

The old gate was down and locked in the days leading up to the AGM. I was told it was so work could commence on the new gates.

We all know it was to try to hinder access to 100's of Dale Trust proxies being dropped off, as organised.

DB really thinks we're that stupid!

On the plus side, I got my leg over!

You're not the only one at the Dale

Poll: What is it to be then?

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 23:15 - Jun 5 with 4836 viewsRAFCBLUE

What do you need most as a club when you’ve admitted you’ve lost £1m completing the 20/21 season and are short of cash?

A fooking car park barrier!

The positives:
1. We won’t have any players needing to park in the car park
2. We could possibly give it a dual use rather than signing a permanent keeper.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 23:26 - Jun 5 with 4801 viewsRAFCBLUE

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 21:08 - Jun 5 by D_Alien

DB (Dale Barrier) OUT

It’s been erected to protect the Media Team’s Kia (current whereabouts unknown)

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 23:29 - Jun 5 with 4784 viewsD_Alien

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 23:15 - Jun 5 by RAFCBLUE

What do you need most as a club when you’ve admitted you’ve lost £1m completing the 20/21 season and are short of cash?

The positives:

Re: point 2.

Would Brian Barrier Murphy know how to operate it?

[Post edited 5 Jun 2021 23:30]

Login to get fewer ads

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 23:32 - Jun 5 with 4771 viewsR17ALE

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 23:26 - Jun 5 by RAFCBLUE

It’s been erected to protect the Media Team’s Kia (current whereabouts unknown)

The day before the gates being shut, the shutters to the offices were pulled up just before an appointed emailed Trust drop off at 4.45.

Trust rep arrived at 4.35 witnessing DB driving off the car park. Turned a corner and all shutters were down!

They think we're stupid!

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 23:44 - Jun 5 with 4738 viewsjudd

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 23:15 - Jun 5 by RAFCBLUE

The positives:

It's probable that we're the only club playing at the elite level without such a barrier gate at the car park entrance.

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 23:54 - Jun 5 with 4712 viewsD_Alien

During testing, is it true that DB gave himself a raise?

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 00:24 - Jun 6 with 4674 viewsjudd

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 23:54 - Jun 5 by D_Alien

During testing, is it true that DB gave himself a raise?

Only if it failed

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 10:44 - Jun 6 with 4277 viewsRAFCBLUE

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 23:44 - Jun 5 by judd

It's probable that we're the only club playing at the elite level without such a barrier gate at the car park entrance.

I'm sure we will be the envy of Barrow and Harrogate Town with our new shiny barrier.

There are two thoughts I have from this.

1. I can't wait to see the traffic chaos the one home game the barrier inevitably fails; cars trapped inside the car park unable to get out, traffic backing up Sandy Lane in both directions.
2. The CEO is planning for a Joy Hart style lock in and is making the necessary arrangements to make that as prolonged as possible.

Works to dig the moat start on Monday!

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 11:11 - Jun 6 with 4216 viewsmikehunt

This is bizarre. Crying poverty and then go wasting money like this.
Cost of this wants stopping out of DB’s wages.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 11:16 - Jun 6 with 4200 viewsR17ALE

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 11:11 - Jun 6 by mikehunt

This is bizarre. Crying poverty and then go wasting money like this.
Cost of this wants stopping out of DB’s wages.

What message will it send out to fans wanting to pop up mid-week to buy something and they can't drive onto the car park?

Double yellows on Sandy Lane there as well.

Like Tracksuit Trevor blurted out "we're not bloody Manchester United. We're Rochdale!"

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 12:04 - Jun 6 with 4125 viewskel

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 10:44 - Jun 6 by RAFCBLUE

I'm sure we will be the envy of Barrow and Harrogate Town with our new shiny barrier.

There are two thoughts I have from this.

1. I can't wait to see the traffic chaos the one home game the barrier inevitably fails; cars trapped inside the car park unable to get out, traffic backing up Sandy Lane in both directions.
2. The CEO is planning for a Joy Hart style lock in and is making the necessary arrangements to make that as prolonged as possible.

Works to dig the moat start on Monday!

Even if the barrier doesn’t fail there will be queues as when someone presses the intercom to be let in the reply from some superior being will be “I have no idea who you are sorry” and they’ll have to reverse back onto Sandy Lane.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 12:05]
New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 12:45 - Jun 6 with 4044 viewsD_Alien

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 11:16 - Jun 6 by R17ALE

What message will it send out to fans wanting to pop up mid-week to buy something and they can't drive onto the car park?

Double yellows on Sandy Lane there as well.

Like Tracksuit Trevor blurted out "we're not bloody Manchester United. We're Rochdale!"

Precisely

This type of barrier must be removed at the earliest opportunity

We need to become a club with no exclusivity, no barriers again

[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 12:53]

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 13:08 - Jun 6 with 3976 viewsSuddenLad

Have the club advertised for a 'rising barrier operator' yet, or an 'intercom communications operative'?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 14:02 - Jun 6 with 3871 viewsmikehunt

The genius of this has just dawned on me - to be able to sell car parking spaces!!!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 14:03 - Jun 6 with 3870 viewsblackdogblue

Here you go, just been past again..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 14:53 - Jun 6 with 3776 viewsborodale

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 13:08 - Jun 6 by SuddenLad

Have the club advertised for a 'rising barrier operator' yet, or an 'intercom communications operative'?

We've already got a narcissistic control freak man child with his little CCTV monitor and finger on the button in office already!!l
New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 15:07 - Jun 6 with 3721 viewsRAFCBLUE

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 14:03 - Jun 6 by blackdogblue

Here you go, just been past again..

That barrier looks like an accident waiting to happen.

It also looks like it has been put in on the wrong side (wouldn't it have made sense to put it on the right of the picture so it was not in the way) so it is becoming a hazard and god knows what they expect at the end of a game where there are lots of people milling around that area.

What that picture clearly demonstrates is the complete lack of vision.

In the background, the Ratcliffe bar. Needing a good lick of paint and some updated signage it doesn't mention Dale at all despite. The top part of the letter E has fallen off and there's a tatty banner above the door and an equally old sign on the right.

Where has the priority to spend the money been - a new barrier.

The first impression you get is that picture. Amazing that the vision just isn't there to see it and you don't need to issue a load of new shares to tidy it up.

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 15:29 - Jun 6 with 3655 views49thseason

I have thought for a couple of years, since the new fencing was put up at that entrance that mixing pedestrian and cars through a single gate was fraught with problems, being able to stop cars exiting after matches until the crowd has dispersed is a possible reason for this change.

The club is used during the day and presumably in the evenings for meetings etc. so the barrier needs to be open most of the time.
New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 15:42 - Jun 6 with 3613 viewsR17ALE

I guarantee he will use the "it's to keep the travelling community out" line for an excuse to justify the 10k cost!

We need them up there. One of them might be able to play left back!
[Post edited 6 Jun 2021 15:43]

New Barrier on the Car Park Entrance on 15:54 - Jun 6 with 3563 views49thseason

If that's costing £10k someone needs sacking on Monday morning.
https://www.barriersdirect.co.uk/barriers-c1157/arm-barriers-c1117/heavy-duty-ma
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024