Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Notts County being Notts County 23:42 - Dec 21 with 4522 views442Dale

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Notts County being Notts County on 23:51 - Dec 21 with 3902 viewsD_Alien

Currently 4 pts clear at the top of the National League

Now, what are the financial requirements for entry into the Football League? And do the EFL have a backbone?

(I think we know the answer to that last one.)

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Notts County being Notts County on 17:22 - Dec 22 with 3369 viewsJimmySquirrel61

Notts are top of the league through hard work and dedication from the players, signing Langstaff was a masterstroke as he loves scoring (so I've heard)
Don't forget that was a victim of a con job back in the 2010/2011 season and are lucky to even exist,I'm looking forward to the return of Notts County to Spotland should they get promoted,it's Wrexham who are the villans of the National League as far as I can tell with their Mickey Mouse programme on Disney paying for league club players to drop leagues

Poll: Who wants Notts County to get promoted

Notts County being Notts County on 17:47 - Dec 22 with 3318 viewsJames1980

Notts County being Notts County on 17:22 - Dec 22 by JimmySquirrel61

Notts are top of the league through hard work and dedication from the players, signing Langstaff was a masterstroke as he loves scoring (so I've heard)
Don't forget that was a victim of a con job back in the 2010/2011 season and are lucky to even exist,I'm looking forward to the return of Notts County to Spotland should they get promoted,it's Wrexham who are the villans of the National League as far as I can tell with their Mickey Mouse programme on Disney paying for league club players to drop leagues

And pray tell how much has been 'invested' in this 'hard work and dedication'?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Notts County being Notts County on 18:01 - Dec 22 with 3296 views442Dale

Notts County being Notts County on 17:22 - Dec 22 by JimmySquirrel61

Sorry, are you saying those figures in the opening post are acceptable?

How is what Wrexham are doing seen as worse?

It was 09/10. And they weren’t victims, it’s just that too many of the supporters were perfectly happy to cheer a winning team at the top of the league without worrying too much about the finances.

Oh.

Notts County being Notts County on 18:05 - Dec 22 with 3284 viewsJimmySquirrel61

Notts County being Notts County on 17:47 - Dec 22 by James1980

And pray tell how much has been 'invested' in this 'hard work and dedication'?

The main debts that the Reedz brothers incurred was from the Trew and Hardy seasons, Hardy hid some of the debt when he sold the club and the brothers have done well to get it down to £1.7m tbh,they have publicly stated that they are happy with the club and the way that it's run, focus should be on Wrexham and their mental wage bill if any club are to have fingers pointed at them,Mullen is reputed to be on £7k a week

Notts County being Notts County on 18:11 - Dec 22 with 3263 viewsJimmySquirrel61

Notts County being Notts County on 18:01 - Dec 22 by 442Dale

Sorry, are you saying those figures in the opening post are acceptable?

How is what Wrexham are doing seen as worse?

It was 09/10. And they weren’t victims, it’s just that too many of the supporters were perfectly happy to cheer a winning team at the top of the league without worrying too much about the finances.

Oh.

Of course those figures aren't acceptable but if the owners are doing their best in getting the debt down then there's no point in complaining,how many clubs are debt free anyhow,I can't see why Notts should be singled out

Notts County being Notts County on 18:14 - Dec 22 with 3256 views442Dale

Notts County being Notts County on 18:05 - Dec 22 by JimmySquirrel61

The main debts that the Reedz brothers incurred was from the Trew and Hardy seasons, Hardy hid some of the debt when he sold the club and the brothers have done well to get it down to £1.7m tbh,they have publicly stated that they are happy with the club and the way that it's run, focus should be on Wrexham and their mental wage bill if any club are to have fingers pointed at them,Mullen is reputed to be on £7k a week

It’s ok, we’re perfectly able to see what’s going on at Wrexham. They’re being very open about it.Do I like it? No, but the owners appear fully invested in the project and the local community.

Meanwhile, Notts carry on like this and some have the audacity to talk about how other clubs are run.

Enlighten us, from those figures provided in the twitter link, how are the new owners doing well? Evidence please of this, not just off the cuff remarks about they’re happy with the way the club is run. Why does it matter if they are happy, are you and other Notts fans happy to have respected football analysts be critical of your club?
[Post edited 22 Dec 2022 18:20]

Notts County being Notts County on 18:25 - Dec 22 with 3221 viewsJimmySquirrel61

Ohhhh look at the size of that bait

Why are you still so angry 442,isn't it time that you moved on and got over the 2009/10 season?

Login to get fewer ads

Notts County being Notts County on 18:28 - Dec 22 with 3210 views442Dale

Notts County being Notts County on 18:25 - Dec 22 by JimmySquirrel61

Ohhhh look at the size of that bait

Why are you still so angry 442,isn't it time that you moved on and got over the 2009/10 season?

Because we threw it away at the end. Irrespective of what Notts did, with their entire fan base wasting a season, we were clearly the best team in the division and our own collapse at the end took the shine off a bit.

Well done on getting the season right.

Notts County being Notts County on 18:50 - Dec 22 with 3158 viewsJimmySquirrel61

Notts County being Notts County on 18:28 - Dec 22 by 442Dale

Because we threw it away at the end. Irrespective of what Notts did, with their entire fan base wasting a season, we were clearly the best team in the division and our own collapse at the end took the shine off a bit.

Well done on getting the season right.

The 2009/2010 was a genuine error by me and I freely admit it,tbh nobody mentions much but you seem a bit obsessed by it and Notts,didn't Bournemouth finish above Dale in that season so there was obviously two clubs that was better than Dale, promotion is gained over a whole season not just the bit where you are doing well,all clubs go through a bad spell and by the sounds of it Dales was at the end of the season,would you like a hug maybe?
[Post edited 22 Dec 2022 18:51]

Notts County being Notts County on 19:01 - Dec 22 with 3102 views442Dale

Notts County being Notts County on 18:50 - Dec 22 by JimmySquirrel61

The 2009/2010 was a genuine error by me and I freely admit it,tbh nobody mentions much but you seem a bit obsessed by it and Notts,didn't Bournemouth finish above Dale in that season so there was obviously two clubs that was better than Dale, promotion is gained over a whole season not just the bit where you are doing well,all clubs go through a bad spell and by the sounds of it Dales was at the end of the season,would you like a hug maybe?
[Post edited 22 Dec 2022 18:51]

That’s the point, we were far and away the best side and ended up third.

You brought that season up in this thread, if it hadn’t been, we wouldn’t have had to go into the on the field performances of various clubs. Always happy to address any footballing subjects raised though - it’d be wrong to ignore.

So, after deflecting to what Wrexham do and where teams finished over a decade ago, would you agree that selling Langstaff for a good fee in January would be the way to go?

Notts County being Notts County on 19:09 - Dec 22 with 3085 viewsblackdogblue

It depends on what website you look at..

According to this one, £6 mil plus in 2020 them -£9 mil in 2021 🤷‍♂️ Net worth ?

Some serious digging needed into accounts… unless there is an obvious asset stripping going on somewhere…

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/04789632/NOTTS-COUNTY-FOOTBALL-CLUB-LIMITED
[Post edited 22 Dec 2022 19:11]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Notts County being Notts County on 19:11 - Dec 22 with 3072 viewsJimmySquirrel61

Hmmm... You started a thread titled Notts County being Notts County and it was obvious that you was referring to that season that's why I mentioned it

If Langstaff goes in January then it will be a lot harder to go up,he's been a pivotal goal scoring machine and he will be missed should he go,if he's still at Notts in May then he will definitely leave whether we get promoted or not

Notts County being Notts County on 19:23 - Dec 22 with 3044 viewsTVOS1907

Notts County being Notts County on 19:11 - Dec 22 by JimmySquirrel61

Hmmm... You started a thread titled Notts County being Notts County and it was obvious that you was referring to that season that's why I mentioned it

If Langstaff goes in January then it will be a lot harder to go up,he's been a pivotal goal scoring machine and he will be missed should he go,if he's still at Notts in May then he will definitely leave whether we get promoted or not

We got told you weren't posting on here again.

Another one who always reverts to type.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Notts County being Notts County on 19:35 - Dec 22 with 3022 viewsJimmySquirrel61

Ahhh TVOS... I would have put money on you appearing,tbh I was sent a link to this thread and decided to put in my twopenneth as it was Notts related

Notts County being Notts County on 19:53 - Dec 22 with 2969 viewsTVOS1907

Notts County being Notts County on 19:35 - Dec 22 by JimmySquirrel61

Ahhh TVOS... I would have put money on you appearing,tbh I was sent a link to this thread and decided to put in my twopenneth as it was Notts related

Cheers.

It's a Rochdale forum, so chances are Rochdale fans might comment.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Notts County being Notts County on 20:00 - Dec 22 with 2955 viewsJimmySquirrel61

Notts County being Notts County on 19:53 - Dec 22 by TVOS1907

Cheers.

It's a Rochdale forum, so chances are Rochdale fans might comment.

When Notts are being slagged off then you can be sure that either 442 or TVOS will appear at sometime to join in

Notts County being Notts County on 20:06 - Dec 22 with 2938 viewsJimmySquirrel61

Notts County being Notts County on 19:09 - Dec 22 by blackdogblue

It depends on what website you look at..

According to this one, £6 mil plus in 2020 them -£9 mil in 2021 🤷‍♂️ Net worth ?

Some serious digging needed into accounts… unless there is an obvious asset stripping going on somewhere…

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/04789632/NOTTS-COUNTY-FOOTBALL-CLUB-LIMITED
[Post edited 22 Dec 2022 19:11]

It just goes to show that you shouldn't believe all that you read on the internet then doesn't it

Notts County being Notts County on 20:10 - Dec 22 with 2933 viewsJimmySquirrel61

Well that's it from me,it was only a fleeting visit but I enjoyed the banter as usual,fingers crossed for a Notts promotion and a visit to Spotland next season,I've always had a soft spot for Dale you know that

Ta ra me ducks

Notts County being Notts County on 20:15 - Dec 22 with 2932 viewsRAFCBLUE

Just going back to the OP. Doesn't it just show how broken football is in the long term?

There are 116 clubs in the top 5 division in England and I'd wager that not many of them are solvent or well run. Whatever you think about the National League there are some towns and cities in there with teams that represent those areas but then outside of that there is a big financial gulf below the National League.

If you look at the bottom end of League 2 where we are:

Gillingham FC (Gillingham Football Club Limited)
May 2021 accounts
Net assets - £1,228,339

Colchester United (Colchester United Football Club Limited)
June 2021 accounts
Net liabilites - (£28,395,505)

Hartlepool United (Hartlepool United Football Club Limited)
July 2021 accounts
Net liabilities - (£2,716,334)

Rochdale AFC (Rochdale Association Football Club Limited)
May 2021 accounts
Net assets - £1,501,843

Harrogate Town (Harrogate Town AFC Limited)
June 2021 accounts
Net liabilities - (£139,764)

Crawley Town (Crawley Town Football and Social Club Limited)
June 2021 accounts
Net liabilities - (£444,792)

Crewe (Crewe Alexandra Football Club Company Limited)
June 2021 accounts
Net liabilities - £(3,580,912)

Even those clubs with net assets struggle to make ends meet in the way the game is currently funded. Gillingham and us are not exactly what you would call flush.

The EFL might have shut the door on wrong 'uns taking over a club with a set of long rules and final signoff but financially football is in a right state.

If the people who support clubs struggle, clubs will struggle.

It's not just England either as Scotland's clubs are having the same issues:
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/nine-spfl-clubs-financial-distress-

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Notts County being Notts County on 20:35 - Dec 22 with 2900 views442Dale

Football is indeed in a precarious place. But then again it was in the 70s and 80s too, especially at our level with dilapidated grounds and crowds dwindling to levels that made it almost impossible to see how clubs like Dale carried on.

But we did, and that’s the challenge we face now, albeit under different circumstances that involves a risk of relegation. We all hope not, we all want to move forward on and off the pitch, but we have to acknowledge the risks, where we can improve as a club and how we can do things differently going forward. Will it work? Who knows, but by involving a loyal fan base that appreciates how we can achieve without overspending, then there’s no reason why we can’t continue to defy the odds.

A common feature at other clubs, including some who have been discussed on here this week, is an inability to acknowledge mistakes, not listening to and not being transparent with supporters consistently and believing they know best. All too often the evidence at lower league level illustrates this is not the case.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2022 20:45]

Notts County being Notts County on 21:04 - Dec 22 with 2842 viewsblackdogblue

Notts County being Notts County on 20:15 - Dec 22 by RAFCBLUE

Just going back to the OP. Doesn't it just show how broken football is in the long term?

There are 116 clubs in the top 5 division in England and I'd wager that not many of them are solvent or well run. Whatever you think about the National League there are some towns and cities in there with teams that represent those areas but then outside of that there is a big financial gulf below the National League.

May 2021 accounts
Net assets - £1,228,339

June 2021 accounts

July 2021 accounts

May 2021 accounts
Net assets - £1,501,843

June 2021 accounts

June 2021 accounts

June 2021 accounts

Even those clubs with net assets struggle to make ends meet in the way the game is currently funded. Gillingham and us are not exactly what you would call flush.

The EFL might have shut the door on wrong 'uns taking over a club with a set of long rules and final signoff but financially football is in a right state.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/nine-spfl-clubs-financial-distress-

Great we have a plus assets RAFC…

Won’t do us much good unless results improve…

From what I have googled, NCFC’s owners have a Danish link, they might well bring home the bacon..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Notts County being Notts County on 09:27 - Dec 23 with 2523 viewsDrigdale

May 2021 accounts
Net assets - £1,228,339

June 2021 accounts

July 2021 accounts

May 2021 accounts
Net assets - £1,501,843

June 2021 accounts

June 2021 accounts

June 2021 accounts

Salford are losing £91k per week and have net liabilities of approx £20 million. At some point the class of 92 will stop the funding.
Notts County being Notts County on 09:58 - Dec 23 with 2462 viewsEllDale

They got a setback this week when it was announced that plans to move from the Peninsular Stadium to the AJ Bell Stadium had fallen through.
That was imperative for them if they wanted to play in the championship.
It looks like the latter will now be purchased by the local council and the Salford rugby league club given a long lease.
Notts County being Notts County on 14:42 - Dec 23 with 2234 viewsBigKindo

May 2021 accounts
Net assets - £1,228,339

June 2021 accounts

July 2021 accounts

May 2021 accounts
Net assets - £1,501,843

June 2021 accounts

June 2021 accounts

June 2021 accounts

Not looking too good at Colchester.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024