Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club have engaged openly with Dunphy 17:03 - Apr 25 with 6632 viewsJames1980

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 17:11 - Apr 25 with 6568 viewsBrierls

Positive news. It's also much better communication because a response was required after Chris Dunphy went public.

Let's hope all parties can keep this moving in the right direction. Preferably at pace.
Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 17:13 - Apr 25 with 6547 viewsjudd

Detail on official site:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/april/statement250423/

Including firm deadlines.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 17:17 - Apr 25 with 6511 viewsjoecooke

A very clear and concise statement by the club .Just whats needed at present and hopefullly a positive outcome for the future of Rochdale AFC.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 17:32 - Apr 25 with 6405 views49thseason

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 17:17 - Apr 25 by joecooke

A very clear and concise statement by the club .Just whats needed at present and hopefullly a positive outcome for the future of Rochdale AFC.

Interesting thst they have NDAs with other parties too. Hence the " radio silence".
Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 17:35 - Apr 25 with 6384 viewsDaleiLama

I never thought I'd hear myself say this, but it just may be beneficial to still be part of the EFL until we aren't. My impression is that they weren't really there when we needed them, but the fact that there are hurdles which literally have to presented as demands to prospective buyers in the format of the club statement just may be sufficient to deter further approaches from individuals or groups which don't have the best interests of our club at heart.

Proof of the pudding and all that ..............

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 17:42 - Apr 25 with 6333 viewsjoecooke

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 17:32 - Apr 25 by 49thseason

Interesting thst they have NDAs with other parties too. Hence the " radio silence".

Im no expert in the dealings of club takeovers etc .At what point if any does the club need to make public who the interested parties are.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 17:49 - Apr 25 with 6282 views49thseason

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 17:42 - Apr 25 by joecooke

Im no expert in the dealings of club takeovers etc .At what point if any does the club need to make public who the interested parties are.

Depends on what the NDA says I imagine. It could be that only the successful bid if there is one will ever be announced. Failed bidders may not want it to be known that they tried to invest in Rochdale and failed! Or maybe didnt measure up to the OADT.
Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 18:47 - Apr 25 with 6006 viewsD_Alien

Brilliant news

This is the single light at the end of the tunnel, let's all cross everything that it's not snuffed out (as i feared it was being)

The Trust will need to be involved, as per assurances from the club, and whatever timeline proceeds beyond the dates already stated, the Trust should be included in those and the next statement if possible to give us all further reassurances

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 19:14 - Apr 25 with 5894 viewssurb_dale

‘Several other interested parties have already signed ndas’

Wonder how many several actually is?

More than 4 perhaps or at least 7?

Seems like things are progressing and a clear timeline announced before we find out more.
Interesting times.
Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 19:19 - Apr 25 with 5844 viewselectricblue

Great news...

Only hurdle in the way is the interested parties..

As we all know about CD history with Rochdale and his experience and I for sincerely hope that he is the preffered party......

This needs to be resolved so the wheels can be put into motion.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 22:36 - Apr 25 with 5394 viewsblackdogblue

Rightly or wrongly… SG & crew have put their money (personal from BBC etc)…

Leadership aside & all what’s gone on & discussed on here….

At least he stepped up following the Tvvat DB…

If it does change ownership… they should get their investment back…

Just my BDB opinion..

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 00:12 - Apr 26 with 5223 viewsDorkingDale

Excellent response from the Board & good to hear that there are several interested parties.

There is no doubt whatsoever that the Club needs extra investment in order to survive, so point scoring with regard to the way that the Directors have communicated this are not helpful to anyone.

Not particularly impressed with the timing of CD's announcement on Saturday - seemed pretty facile to me - like rubbing salt into the wound. However, if he has the financial backing & is able to recompense current Directors then he would be a safe & solid bet for the future.

But let's not be fooled - this will not be any easy task for anyone. The National League is not a pushover by any means & our crowds are paltry in comparison with a lot of the other clubs.
Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 07:18 - Apr 26 with 5024 viewsD_Alien

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 00:12 - Apr 26 by DorkingDale

Excellent response from the Board & good to hear that there are several interested parties.

There is no doubt whatsoever that the Club needs extra investment in order to survive, so point scoring with regard to the way that the Directors have communicated this are not helpful to anyone.

Not particularly impressed with the timing of CD's announcement on Saturday - seemed pretty facile to me - like rubbing salt into the wound. However, if he has the financial backing & is able to recompense current Directors then he would be a safe & solid bet for the future.

But let's not be fooled - this will not be any easy task for anyone. The National League is not a pushover by any means & our crowds are paltry in comparison with a lot of the other clubs.

There has been no "point scoring" as you mistakenly describe it, only challenges by fans with genuine concerns

The club's statement is welcome, since it helps set the official record straight rather than spurious speculation

We can all move forward on that basis

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 08:36 - Apr 26 with 4867 viewsdingdangblue

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 00:12 - Apr 26 by DorkingDale

If we were doing well in the National League next season I'd expect our average to be around this season's of just over 3000.
Looking at the attendances in the National League that would put us in the top 8 this season - certainly not paltry compared to most in there. Obviously Wrexham and Notts County this season are an exception.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 08:58 - Apr 26 with 4807 viewsA_Newby

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 08:36 - Apr 26 by dingdangblue

If we were doing well in the National League next season I'd expect our average to be around this season's of just over 3000.
Looking at the attendances in the National League that would put us in the top 8 this season - certainly not paltry compared to most in there. Obviously Wrexham and Notts County this season are an exception.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league/attendances

Next season we will also have a "parachute" payment from the EFL of about £500-600k and a "parachute" payment of about £250-300k in the following season.

This does give us a slight financial advantage over the other national league clubs for next 2 seasons but it does depend on how much debt we are carrying and having to service.
Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 09:19 - Apr 26 with 4764 viewsdingdangblue

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 08:58 - Apr 26 by A_Newby

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/national-league/attendances

Next season we will also have a "parachute" payment from the EFL of about £500-600k and a "parachute" payment of about £250-300k in the following season.

This does give us a slight financial advantage over the other national league clubs for next 2 seasons but it does depend on how much debt we are carrying and having to service.

We certainly need to hit the ground running. Manager appointment and player recruitment is going to have to be spot on. After 5 seasons of losing football we need a massive re-set to turn things around.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 10:39 - Apr 28 with 4107 viewssamueloneils

There are many attractions of going with Chris Dunphy. He knows the club like the back of his hand and has the drive and energy to get things moving fast, absolutely essential if the new season is to get off well. There are are many squad and financial issues needing to be resolved quickly and decisively in the next few weeks. We can be sure he has been monitoring the situation closely throughout the recent troubles. This gives him a clear advantage over a newcomer.

I was not surprised by the timing of his announcement- he could hardly speak out when there was even a faint chance of survival, but I feel he understands the urgency of the situation. This urgency also drives his demand for full control.

He left and sold his shares ,I imagine, out of sheer frustration at the way Kilpatrick (by default)and Bottomly (by design) had taken over the running of `his` club, and I also suspect he has bitterly regretted it ever since. He is an impetuous man by all accounts.

The big question remains as to whether he has the financial clout to provide a viable alternative to any other interest. The current Board obviously have doubts- otherwise as others have mentioned, why trot out all the requirements in such a public way.

Mark Hodkinson seems to be leaning towards a CD takeover but I am sure has the same concerns.
Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 11:43 - Apr 28 with 3919 viewssurb_dale

I assume that any of the interested investors including Dunphy's consortium would want/need to acquire a combined controlling stake of over 50%. Conveniently to do this they'd need to buy the 375k available shares plus holdings of nearly all directors including holdings of Gauge, Knight and 3 of Sarsfield, Wormald, Pockney, Courtney. This would give a new investor a smidge over 50%.

Assuming all shares were bought at £2.35 a pop this would cost best part of £1.6 million with 881k being cash that would go into the club.

When accessing the several interested parties wanting to invest i expect buyout of the current board would be high up on the criteria for selection.
Club have engaged openly with Dunphy on 12:12 - Apr 28 with 3826 viewssamueloneils

Especially as CD wants total control.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024