Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Escaping the drop 00:22 - Jan 31 with 2201 views2bluehoops

Just been studying the remaining fixtures and i must say "Alamo" springs to mind.Its going to be one hell off a battle and if the team escape the drop then it will be a monumental achievement by all concerned.The team as we all know are capable of turning over any team in this division on their day so it should prove to be an interesting run in.I for one am looking forward to the promotionesque party at the end.
Lets kick on now lads and thanks for saturday,go get em !!!!
Escaping the drop on 00:35 - Jan 31 with 2170 viewsofficialdale

Personally I think we have the most difficult end run throughout the league. Our last six games are against teams that really should be facing relegation & fighting for survival or teams pushing for promotion or play offs. Like JC said tonight, the teams you want are the ones who have nothing to play for, as they always seem to throw in the towel earlier than others & start to re-group for the season following the current one. Our last six include:

April 7th: Yeovil v Rochdale
April 10th: Rochdale v Sheffield United
April 14th: Rochdale v Exeter
April 21st: Chesterfield v Rochdale * CFC should be dead and buried by then
April 28th: Rochdale v Mk Dons

May 5th: Orient v Rochdale
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Escaping the drop on 00:40 - Jan 31 with 2164 views2bluehoops

Escaping the drop on 00:35 - Jan 31 by officialdale

Personally I think we have the most difficult end run throughout the league. Our last six games are against teams that really should be facing relegation & fighting for survival or teams pushing for promotion or play offs. Like JC said tonight, the teams you want are the ones who have nothing to play for, as they always seem to throw in the towel earlier than others & start to re-group for the season following the current one. Our last six include:

April 7th: Yeovil v Rochdale
April 10th: Rochdale v Sheffield United
April 14th: Rochdale v Exeter
April 21st: Chesterfield v Rochdale * CFC should be dead and buried by then
April 28th: Rochdale v Mk Dons

May 5th: Orient v Rochdale
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I think the March fixtures could prove significant,on paper there could be quite a few points dropped while those around us may be picking points up.Like i say though,thats on paper.
Escaping the drop on 00:49 - Jan 31 with 2157 views2bluehoops

Escaping the drop on 00:40 - Jan 31 by 2bluehoops

I think the March fixtures could prove significant,on paper there could be quite a few points dropped while those around us may be picking points up.Like i say though,thats on paper.

I would have said with the pre Coley form,i would have been generous in saying that at a push they could maybe have collated around 20 more points.With the change in managerial personnel i'm hoping we may finish around the 53 mark and thats enough.
Escaping the drop on 09:45 - Jan 31 with 1960 viewsStAnnesDale

I know what you mean. Having seen the Bury performance, I would have been optimistic if we had Walsall, Preston, Hartlepool, Tranmere and Wycombe to play in the first 6 games as under Coleman I could see us picking up at least 10 points from those games. Instead under Beech (whose reign in retrospect looks a disaster) we took 3.

Given how difficult it will be against Charlton, Huddersfield, Sheff W, Sheff U, MK Dons, we really need to be winning more than every other game to stand a chance. A very big ask.
Escaping the drop on 10:51 - Jan 31 with 1867 viewsdingdangblue

Escaping the drop on 09:45 - Jan 31 by StAnnesDale

I know what you mean. Having seen the Bury performance, I would have been optimistic if we had Walsall, Preston, Hartlepool, Tranmere and Wycombe to play in the first 6 games as under Coleman I could see us picking up at least 10 points from those games. Instead under Beech (whose reign in retrospect looks a disaster) we took 3.

Given how difficult it will be against Charlton, Huddersfield, Sheff W, Sheff U, MK Dons, we really need to be winning more than every other game to stand a chance. A very big ask.

Perform like we did last Saturday and weve got a chance. Rather than look at the tough games on paper - I prefer to look at the teams weve got a better chance of beating - notts co,scunthorpe,bournemouth,colchester,carlisle,oldham,tranmere,walsall,yeovil,exeter,chesterfield,orient.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Escaping the drop on 11:09 - Jan 31 with 1825 viewsste1

Very very tough ask. Much easier if JC had been brought in a few games ago I suspect. However, we're not cut adrift at the bottom, still very much in contention. I think it can be done.

On a pale blue dot

Escaping the drop on 11:14 - Jan 31 with 1814 viewsMoonyDale

I am going for an 18th finish.......believe.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Escaping the drop on 11:14 - Jan 31 with 1812 viewsslapandt

An obvious case of beating the teams we're capable of beating, and the games we lose (and we will lose a few games) are not by a huge score. Our goal difference is shocking.
Login to get fewer ads

Escaping the drop on 11:30 - Jan 31 with 1773 viewsD_Alien

On the other hand, it'll be interesting to see how teams such Sheff Utd & Wed, Huddersfield & MK Dons react to the pressure of needing to win to gain auto promotion or stay in the playoffs

Remember what happened to us at the end of our promotion season

The 0-1 home defeat to Darlo, and the 5-0 away to Torquay spring to mind!

It's not a given that mid-table teams won't be difficult games - they're relaxed and sometimes that can produce good football

I'll take our run-in but reckon the key games will be against those around us near the drop zone i.e Scunthorpe away on 14 Feb is a "must not lose" game

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Escaping the drop on 11:46 - Jan 31 with 1749 viewsTomRAFC

if we can win the games against teams like yeovil, chesterfield and exeter throughout the rest of the season of course we can stay up. we will have to accept we may get a few serious beatings from the likes of sheffield united but if we can play like we did on saturday we can finish well next season.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Escaping the drop on 12:14 - Jan 31 with 1695 viewsdingdangblue

The last day games look interesting! chesterfield v brentford, orient v dale, huddersfield v yeovil, exeter v sheff utd, sheff wed v wycombe, tranmere v scunthorpe, mkdons v walsall. Now I know we dont have a great record v orient but I'll take that fixture over some of the others.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024