Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Losing faith, or still behind him 22:05 - Jan 5 with 7178 viewsolympicdale

Serious question. How are the majority here feeling about Coleman, are you behind him, or are you starting to/lost faith in him, after all the threads on here, be interesting to hear peoples real thoughts about our gaffer.

Myself personally, I'm finding myself losing faith, im gettin tired of his stubbornness, and his apparent unwillingness to change, when its clearly evident something isnt working.

Life is a game of fate.

Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:00 - Jan 5 with 3672 viewsMoonyDale

Losing faith now...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:24 - Jan 5 with 3624 viewsSyke_Dale

Faithless...
Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:33 - Jan 5 with 3589 viewsClivert

Crap to watch, it feels like chore just to gets to games right now.
Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:42 - Jan 5 with 3568 viewsRAFC_1994

Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:33 - Jan 5 by Clivert

Still behind him, but starting to lose a little bit of faith.
Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:44 - Jan 5 with 3560 views25CK

Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:33 - Jan 5 by Clivert

I kind of know what to expect from the game before I even arrive and my interest is deteriorating.....

Its hard to believe the game I attended at Bradford was the same team but Cheltenham and Bradford are just not enough to keep me faithful out of the season so far.....
Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:48 - Jan 5 with 3545 viewsDaleFan7

Lost faith, if he is our manager in May, I'm not getting a season ticket next season.
Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:51 - Jan 5 with 3530 viewsroccydaleian

Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:44 - Jan 5 by 25CK

I kind of know what to expect from the game before I even arrive and my interest is deteriorating.....

Its hard to believe the game I attended at Bradford was the same team but Cheltenham and Bradford are just not enough to keep me faithful out of the season so far.....

We got lucky, and just papering over the cracks. As i've said on a previous thread, TWO WINS OF OUR LAST NINE GAMES,IS SHIT...
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:57 - Jan 5 with 3508 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Out Soft Lad out.
Login to get fewer ads

Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:59 - Jan 5 with 3501 viewsToffeemanc

Never had faith in him. His Accrington teams where physical, functional and awful to watch and now we are the same but not as effective. People who think he is the right man for the job based on his record at Accrington need to take a closer look because his record clearly shows he has only really been successful at non league level. If he is left in charge for next season that's where we may end up.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Losing faith, or still behind him on 02:32 - Jan 6 with 3434 viewsolympicdale

Losing faith, or still behind him on 23:51 - Jan 5 by roccydaleian

We got lucky, and just papering over the cracks. As i've said on a previous thread, TWO WINS OF OUR LAST NINE GAMES,IS SHIT...

Rocky im sensing your not happy with things at the moment..

Life is a game of fate.

Losing faith, or still behind him on 07:46 - Jan 6 with 3409 viewsChaffRAFC

Still behind him definitely. We're in a position in the league that 99% would have taken in May.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Losing faith, or still behind him on 08:12 - Jan 6 with 3403 viewsHarry_Dale

Absolutely still behind him!

We're an inconsistent side rather than a bad one! The foundations are there, we have some good players, and the beginnings of a squad. A few deals here and there will improve the squad and JC has admitted he's working on that!

We are no where near as bad as what we were under Steve Eyre.

I saw someone wrote yesterday that Keith Hill was the worst thing that happened to this club. I don't necessarily agree with that but currently, the inflated demand by the supporters which he caused, is dangerous.

We, like other local sides, are right of the cusp of financial oblivion. We must be, and the fans need to get behind the club. Bringing another manager in, even Keith Hill, wouldn't necessarily do anything, as its Colemans players at the club now. It's not Football Manager where we can sell 15 players at 50,000 each in January and start again.

Give him time, and we'll see more ups than downs.

Colman very much IN!

Up the Dale.
Losing faith, or still behind him (n/t) on 08:18 - Jan 6 with 3394 viewsTalkingSutty

Losing faith, or still behind him on 08:12 - Jan 6 by Harry_Dale

We're an inconsistent side rather than a bad one! The foundations are there, we have some good players, and the beginnings of a squad. A few deals here and there will improve the squad and JC has admitted he's working on that!

I saw someone wrote yesterday that Keith Hill was the worst thing that happened to this club. I don't necessarily agree with that but currently, the inflated demand by the supporters which he caused, is dangerous.

We, like other local sides, are right of the cusp of financial oblivion. We must be, and the fans need to get behind the club. Bringing another manager in, even Keith Hill, wouldn't necessarily do anything, as its Colemans players at the club now. It's not Football Manager where we can sell 15 players at 50,000 each in January and start again.

Colman very much IN!

Up the Dale.

Losing faith, or still behind him on 08:43 - Jan 6 with 3377 viewspnc4eva1

Losing faith. Formation and tactics too negative.

Debating whether to renew season ticket.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Losing faith, or still behind him on 10:01 - Jan 6 with 3313 viewsRalphs12

Losing faith, or still behind him on 08:12 - Jan 6 by Harry_Dale

Colman very much IN!

Up the Dale.

Well put. I am still behind Coleman. I also believe going up/hill has done something bizarre to some of the fans. We now EXPECT to play fantastic "sexy football" week in week out. Sadly for what ever reason that's not the case right now. As I've said elsewhere we show glimpses of it, but for every Tutte goal at Bradford there is a Edwards own goal round the corner. For me there was always going to be a hangover following the relegation, is the fans frustrations magnified due to being subject to two "poor" seasons of football?

For what it's worth I thought Bennett played well today, as did Edwards. We've got no real problems up top atm. If we can bring in a decent Stanton type centre back who does the simple stuff well, I feel we will be fine.
Losing faith, or still behind him on 10:11 - Jan 6 with 3288 viewsfitzochris

Losing faith, or still behind him on 10:01 - Jan 6 by Ralphs12

Well put. I am still behind Coleman. I also believe going up/hill has done something bizarre to some of the fans. We now EXPECT to play fantastic "sexy football" week in week out. Sadly for what ever reason that's not the case right now. As I've said elsewhere we show glimpses of it, but for every Tutte goal at Bradford there is a Edwards own goal round the corner. For me there was always going to be a hangover following the relegation, is the fans frustrations magnified due to being subject to two "poor" seasons of football?

For what it's worth I thought Bennett played well today, as did Edwards. We've got no real problems up top atm. If we can bring in a decent Stanton type centre back who does the simple stuff well, I feel we will be fine.

I'm still behind him and will be until at least the end of January. I still don't think he has enough players in the squad to cover an entire campaign, so we'll see how he handles that this transfer window. A lot of this comes down to the board too, obviously.

My main concern at the moment is his apparent tactical naievity, yesterday being a classic case in point. It's leading to a home form akin to a bottom side and that is keeping the fair weather support away.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Losing faith, or still behind him on 10:19 - Jan 6 with 3263 viewsRalphs12

Really important transfer window all things considered.

What worries me about the current team/squad ok, craney is on peanuts, bbm I'm thinking will be looking to go into coaching. The lack of game time the two are getting you're asking alot of tutte jk and cav. As was the case under eyre with Jonah playing constantly. If we could get in as has been mentioned elsewhere either a winger or two, allowing for a change in formation this leading on to a centre mid getting a rest. Or A N other centre mid on loan, for me it would only have to be a young championship/prem player just to allow abit more rotation of the central trio.
Losing faith, or still behind him on 10:23 - Jan 6 with 3254 viewsfrequency

still behind him

Hate city

Losing faith, or still behind him on 10:44 - Jan 6 with 3225 viewselectricblue

JC as never impressed me ever..
I was not one of the many who called for him to become the next dale manager in fact i was shocked when got the nod..
But when he started to bring in ex-accrington players etc that said it all or me, if they cant do it at accy then im sure that they aint gonna do it at Dale..
The whole ethos what as happened a few seasons ago is long long gone and i just cant see it coming back..
I fear the bad old days of the 70's rearing its head again and if it does im fear the worst..
We all slagged other clubs like portsmouth etc but that could be Dale soon and
Its scares me to death us to type this, the board have to get a grip now and make some serious decisions..
And one of those decisions is CD still the man to lead this club nevermind coleman..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Losing faith, or still behind him on 11:20 - Jan 6 with 3193 viewspioneer

Losing faith, or still behind him on 10:19 - Jan 6 by Ralphs12

What worries me about the current team/squad ok, craney is on peanuts, bbm I'm thinking will be looking to go into coaching. The lack of game time the two are getting you're asking alot of tutte jk and cav. As was the case under eyre with Jonah playing constantly. If we could get in as has been mentioned elsewhere either a winger or two, allowing for a change in formation this leading on to a centre mid getting a rest. Or A N other centre mid on loan, for me it would only have to be a young championship/prem player just to allow abit more rotation of the central trio.

More chance os seeing a meteorite at Spotland than a winger
Losing faith, or still behind him on 11:41 - Jan 6 with 3153 viewsklmblue

Give the man a chance
look at the likes of forrest ,blackburn , wolves and if coleman got the bullet how much compensation would we have to pay which we probably dont have
How long was he in charge at accy .? And look wat happened at old trafford 20+ years ago when mark robbins scored a equaliser at the city ground
The rest is history

up the dale and down with a Amstel hmmm lekker

Losing faith, or still behind him on 11:51 - Jan 6 with 3135 viewsSkiptonDale

Losing faith, or still behind him on 10:19 - Jan 6 by Ralphs12

I agree we need some wingers, just to provide another option. But what I think we need and what Coleman does are two different things. He's not a manager to play with wingers and as has already been mentioned, he's too stubborn to change tactics and formations anyway.
Losing faith, or still behind him on 11:55 - Jan 6 with 3119 viewsSkiptonDale

Losing faith, or still behind him on 10:01 - Jan 6 by Ralphs12

I disagree about the EXPECTATION to play sexy football, I just think any kind of positive display (not necessarily result) would be nice. Yesterday was a shambles, had we battled hard and had plentiful of chances we could have a bit of pride in the fact we lost but went for it with everything we had! To be fair, the red card made that harder, but on the whole recent results and performances haven't been good enough (until the 2nd half when we have a 3 goal deficit). The Bradford and Cheltenham games just seem to have papered over cracks.

To conclude, I've lost faith.
Losing faith, or still behind him on 11:59 - Jan 6 with 3113 viewsColDale

Losing faith, or still behind him on 11:51 - Jan 6 by SkiptonDale

I agree we need some wingers, just to provide another option. But what I think we need and what Coleman does are two different things. He's not a manager to play with wingers and as has already been mentioned, he's too stubborn to change tactics and formations anyway.

I don't necessarily think it has to be wingers. There are strikers out there who can play the wide role in a front three. The likes of O'Grady, JLAA, and Higginbotham could all play as a wide striker very well indeed. Out of Grimes, Grant, Gornell, Adebola, Donnelly and Curran, there's only Grant who can really play this role and even then, I'm not convinced we're getting the best out of him playing that way.

It seems to work when we are up against teams who are prepared to come at us, but teams who sit deep know that we will be limited to long range fantastic goals - hence our lack of scruffy goals - and more than likely they'll get a chance to score themselves.

Persisting with this isn't going to change because it will be well known in footballing circles now how to get a result at Spotland. Any Gillingham scouts at the game yesterday would have returned to Martin Allen with a clear blueprint on how to get three points at Spotland.
Losing faith, or still behind him on 11:59 - Jan 6 with 3110 viewssweetcorn

First of all I wasn't at the game yesterday, however this is only the second game i've missed this season, so i've pretty much seen what has gone on under coleman.

I'd say i'm in the top 5 pro-Coleman supporters on this messageboard and do still think he is the mould of manager which is perfect for a struggling club like ours and is capable of getting success from very little. However Results like yesterdays are simply not good enough and can't be tolerated as teething problems anymore, a loss to bottom of the league at home, to the apparent 'best footballing side in the league', is to be blunt SHOCKING.

In my opinion we should be giving Coleman january and the chance to right his wrongs and see if he can turn our form around, if he's successful and we are in or close to the play-offs (realistic target as he has told us himself, myself included face to face) then he can carry on, however if the slump continues and our form is equally as patchy and slide further down the table then we should let him go and look elsewhere.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024