Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale POTY. 22:10 - Apr 4 with 5592 viewssweetcorn

Saw the thread on the football forum, figured we may aswel debate it on here, with only 5 games left, don't think anyone is going to change the outcome.

My vote has to go to Bobby Grant, Although he's missed alot of games through suspension and has some questions hanging over his head with the whole Dagenham debacle, he has been a class act, he's our teams talisman (Can only think of the torquay game where we've won without him), top scorer and a constant danger, would walk into any team in this division and has genuine quality.

Can't really think of anyone to have run him close, its been another disappointing season, tutte looked as though he'd threaten, but he's lost form and looked poor, Phil Edwards has had a classy end to the season, but his form was too poor early on in the season to be considered.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Rochdale POTY. on 22:30 - Apr 4 with 3989 viewszxcvbnm

That's a difficult one in a disjointed season

Rhys Bennett for Young Player of the Season

as for player of the season my shout for consistency goes to jk

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Rochdale POTY. on 22:32 - Apr 4 with 3981 viewsisitme

Grant's suspensions have been really costly. Also his form since his last ban has not been great. I would though agree that he is our best player when on form. Edwards has played well recently and Bennett has had a few good games mixed in with a few average ones.

For me POTY has to be Kennedy. He always works hard and is a 7/10 player week in week out. No other player has been as consistent as he has. Bennett should get young player of the year and probably due to his marked improvement under Hilly Donnelly should get the most improved player award.
Rochdale POTY. on 22:32 - Apr 4 with 3978 viewsolympicdale

if it wasn't for his goals we'd be deep in the mire, so for that alone it should go to Grant, although I don't think he's been a stand out player, we haven't had any, JK is a good shout, as he always is.

Bennett for young player of the season, Donnelly/Edwards most improved player.

Life is a game of fate.

Rochdale POTY. on 22:49 - Apr 4 with 3958 viewssweetcorn

Surprised JK has been mentioned, he's been below par much of the season, has to be said.

Rochdale POTY. on 22:53 - Apr 4 with 3948 viewsRotherhamDale

Such a tough choice, and not in a good way.

Possession with progression.

Rochdale POTY. on 23:13 - Apr 4 with 3924 viewsNotEyreClue

I honestly think if Edwards had been playing all season long at CB then we wouldn't have conceded half as many goals and he'd be a definite candidate. As things stand, he played out of position way too often at the start and as a result, his performances suffered.

Gonna have to go with Grant though.

I think Kennedy's been largely poor this season but he is Rochdale's darling after all.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Rochdale POTY. on 23:21 - Apr 4 with 3915 viewsShun

If Tutte had sustained his early-season form I would've chosen him, but Grant gets my vote.
Rochdale POTY. on 23:28 - Apr 4 with 3895 viewsdale_spotland

Donnelly.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale POTY. on 23:39 - Apr 4 with 3885 viewssweetcorn

Rochdale POTY. on 23:28 - Apr 4 by dale_spotland

Donnelly.

Not sure if srs.

Rochdale POTY. on 23:47 - Apr 4 with 3875 viewsNotEyreClue

Donnelly.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Rochdale POTY. on 00:25 - Apr 5 with 3855 viewsrafcjosh

Brian Barry-Murphy
Rochdale POTY. on 01:23 - Apr 5 with 3833 viewssweetcorn

Donnelly.

Specially made trophy if he won the award..

Rochdale POTY. on 08:24 - Apr 5 with 3761 viewscrazyhorse

Rochdale POTY. on 01:23 - Apr 5 by sweetcorn

Specially made trophy if he won the award..

You only got to keep it for a year then?
Rochdale POTY. on 11:00 - Apr 5 with 3663 viewsAtThePeake

Agreed with Shun, Tutte's form at the start of the season was scintillating, shame he hasn't been able to keep it up for the rest of the season.

Would be Grant, but he's cost us too much. Think it's harsh to say JK has been under par, always puts in a good shift, even if he doesn't always change the game. Will say JK.

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale POTY. on 11:02 - Apr 5 with 3659 viewsmizfit

CAVANAGH
Rochdale POTY. on 11:13 - Apr 5 with 3642 viewssandylaner1

the season highlight for me was bradford away

cavanagh, tutte, jk, gornell, grimes etc were all excellent that day

but it has to go to bobby grant although tutte's form early season deserves a mention

bennett 3rd
Rochdale POTY. on 11:21 - Apr 5 with 3633 viewsStudiousDale

Tough one, Grant has been the best player IMO but has missed so many games.

An easier one - most disappointing player?
For me it probably would be Cav, as I thought he played well against Barnsley and looked like he'd be a good replacement for Jonah. Lillis has also been very poor with his mistakes and McIntyre has got worse and worse as the season has gone on.
Rochdale POTY. on 11:31 - Apr 5 with 3618 views100notout

Rochdale POTY. on 11:21 - Apr 5 by StudiousDale

Tough one, Grant has been the best player IMO but has missed so many games.

An easier one - most disappointing player?
For me it probably would be Cav, as I thought he played well against Barnsley and looked like he'd be a good replacement for Jonah. Lillis has also been very poor with his mistakes and McIntyre has got worse and worse as the season has gone on.

Bit harsh on McIntyre.

At the start of the season he played well and I thought he was a good left-back. His form dipped considerably during the season and I was one of the many that wanted him dropped.

Since Hill came back though I think that his form is much improved - not POTY by any stretch but doing a reasonable job

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Rochdale POTY. on 11:35 - Apr 5 with 3607 viewsDale27

Rochdale POTY. on 11:31 - Apr 5 by 100notout

Bit harsh on McIntyre.

At the start of the season he played well and I thought he was a good left-back. His form dipped considerably during the season and I was one of the many that wanted him dropped.

Since Hill came back though I think that his form is much improved - not POTY by any stretch but doing a reasonable job

Joe Thompson
Rochdale POTY. on 11:48 - Apr 5 with 3584 viewssandylaner1

Rochdale POTY. on 11:31 - Apr 5 by 100notout

Bit harsh on McIntyre.

i think macs done okay at left back considering his age etc quite a few bad games in there but we have been spolit with very good left backs over recent years

i like cavanagh, i too doubted him after his run of poor form and laughable passing ability but you could argue that was down to JC rushing him back into the side after injury.

he was our best player over the christmas period and has done okay since coming back into the team under hill - plus its worth having him in the squad for the laughs he provides in the sandy
Rochdale POTY. on 11:54 - Apr 5 with 3573 viewsStudiousDale

Rochdale POTY. on 11:48 - Apr 5 by sandylaner1

i think macs done okay at left back considering his age etc quite a few bad games in there but we have been spolit with very good left backs over recent years

i like cavanagh, i too doubted him after his run of poor form and laughable passing ability but you could argue that was down to JC rushing him back into the side after injury.

he was our best player over the christmas period and has done okay since coming back into the team under hill - plus its worth having him in the squad for the laughs he provides in the sandy

Macintyre at the start of the season impressed me immensely by getting up and down the left-wing, but too many times when he got there his crossing was poor. Now he seems incapable of finding a pass from the back. Don't get me wrong with Cav either, he's not horrendous but after that first game I thought he'd be one of our best players.
Rochdale POTY. on 12:13 - Apr 5 with 3547 viewssandylaner1

Rochdale POTY. on 11:54 - Apr 5 by StudiousDale

Macintyre at the start of the season impressed me immensely by getting up and down the left-wing, but too many times when he got there his crossing was poor. Now he seems incapable of finding a pass from the back. Don't get me wrong with Cav either, he's not horrendous but after that first game I thought he'd be one of our best players.

true dat, his passing can be very bad as well

didn't he play in centre midfield last season for accy???

ha yeah after that barnsley game i'm quoted as saying cav looks better than jonah

but what possess people to shout at the top of their voice stuff like ' GET THAT BALD D1CK OFF NAAAOOOWWW' i really don't know
Rochdale POTY. on 12:28 - Apr 5 with 3526 viewsSalwaDale

Sadly I can't think of anyone who has had a good season.

TBBT

Rochdale POTY. on 13:05 - Apr 5 with 3487 viewschuckleberry

Unfortunately neither can I! As one has to be awarded, JK for his consistency.
Rochdale POTY. on 13:42 - Apr 5 with 3455 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale POTY. on 13:05 - Apr 5 by chuckleberry

Unfortunately neither can I! As one has to be awarded, JK for his consistency.

I agree, and when it looked like he might be moving to Bradford under Coleman, he publicly said how happy he was playing at Dale.

He deserves the recognition for his work over the past 3/4 seasons.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024