Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays Game 15:23 - Aug 3 with 10778 viewsdurbandale

Rochdale 1 - Hartlepool 0 - Scott Hogan 14mins good goal apparently.
[Post edited 3 Aug 2013 16:13]
Todays score on 15:49 - Aug 3 with 7475 viewsG_Dale

I'm stood in the sandy but it looked a cracker. Looked to flick it over himself between two players, beat a third and smashed it in the corner....I think

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Todays score on 15:52 - Aug 3 with 7459 viewsDomDale

Neither too impressed nor worried. We're OK.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Todays score on 15:59 - Aug 3 with 7427 viewsdurbandale

Still 1-0 at half time.
Todays score on 16:11 - Aug 3 with 7389 viewsdurbandale

2-0 shortly after half time - George Donnelly penalty.
Todays Game on 16:18 - Aug 3 with 7352 viewsdurbandale

Rochdale 3 - Hartlepool 0 . After about an hour - Ian Henderson smashed a shot in .

Geoff Stelling gutted.
Todays Game on 16:25 - Aug 3 with 7314 viewsirishrafc

It's a great score this good on Hogan for turning down Birmingham, Waterford United host Crystal Palace tonight at RSC, 6PM Kick Off in Eire.

Eire Euro 2016 Champions

Todays Game on 16:43 - Aug 3 with 7197 viewsJumeirahDale

Cracking stuff. Good to see Holty score on his debut. Class is permanent.

Also - #revolution #buryareback
Todays Game on 17:13 - Aug 3 with 7024 viewsdurbandale

Final Score 3-0.

Look forward to seeing the guys who saw the games reports on the game.
Login to get fewer ads

Todays Game on 17:28 - Aug 3 with 6927 viewsdebbiesfella

Very difficult to pick a man of the match today as every one played well.
Todays Game on 17:34 - Aug 3 with 6879 viewsdale1996

Todays Game on 17:28 - Aug 3 by debbiesfella

Very difficult to pick a man of the match today as every one played well.

I thought today, we were very lucky to come out with a clean sheet. I think a fairer result would have been 4-2. I have to say though, what a player we have in Scott Hogan, he's class! His goal was quality, as was his pass to Henderson, who finished very well. Lillis looked much more solid today than last season. I thought rafferty was relatively poor and I'm always worried he'll be sent off, especially when he was on a yellow. Eastham wasn't great either, I thought Lancashire was pretty calm and composed though, and Rose played well, his set pieces will come in very handy next season. Cav and Lund, I though, were both good today too, Cavanagh did his usual quietly cleaning up in front of the back four, whilst Lund seems to have great technique and seems to be genuinely class, he seems a great signing, similar player to Kennedy. Wasnt suprised to see Vincenti get man of the match today either, won almost every header and he too will be a very useful player this season, gives the keeper and easy outlet, like O'grady did out wide. Henderson, Donnelly and Done were all pretty much as expected and all three played well today.
Todays Game on 17:39 - Aug 3 with 6846 viewsShun

I thought we were lucky to be leading at half time, but in the second half we were fantastic. All 3 goals were good (if you include Lund's neat work for the penalty). Ian Henderson reaffirmed his place as my favourite player, whilst Vincenti and Hogan also impressed me a lot. It makes such a nice change to have a player with the height and jump of Vincenti. Lillis has improved so much and he was my first half MOM. Second half MOM was Cavanagh - fantastic at doing the work nobody wants to.
Todays Game on 17:46 - Aug 3 with 6772 viewsRow33

Thought we always looked vulnerable from crosses and attacks down the wing and Rafferty wasn't able to deal very effectively with what he was asked to do. Definitely needs to up his game.

As said, we could have been behind before we scored and they did miss some howlers, especially when their player ended up in the net and two of them missed the ball completely.

A better team would have certainly scored against us, but we were pretty solid all round apart from mentioned above. We looked a well organised outfit considering it was only the first game of the season and many haven't played together in a League game before. Hartlepool looked a beaten side well before the final whistle and some of their body language was poor, even early on.

Onwards and upwards. Dale showed great promise and we have lots to look forward to I think.
Todays Game on 17:51 - Aug 3 with 6725 viewsolympicdale

I still don't know how that pr1ck Monkhouse missed that chance.

Life is a game of fate.

Todays Game on 18:08 - Aug 3 with 6606 viewsKenBoon

Todays Game on 17:51 - Aug 3 by olympicdale

I still don't know how that pr1ck Monkhouse missed that chance.

Memories of John Doolan hopefully.
Todays Game on 18:12 - Aug 3 with 6573 viewsKenBoon

Three brilliant goals today and some lovely football. The players ran themselves into the ground and from that perspective there's lots to look forward to this season.

However... We cannot defend as poorly as that in future. The two sitters Hartlepool missed in the second half were criminal. The one at 1-0 (air header and missing an open net) you would see buried most of the time. They had good chances in the first half too.
Todays Game on 18:31 - Aug 3 with 6486 viewsfitzochris

Todays Game on 18:12 - Aug 3 by KenBoon

Three brilliant goals today and some lovely football. The players ran themselves into the ground and from that perspective there's lots to look forward to this season.

However... We cannot defend as poorly as that in future. The two sitters Hartlepool missed in the second half were criminal. The one at 1-0 (air header and missing an open net) you would see buried most of the time. They had good chances in the first half too.

Great result but it sounds like we've work to do at the back, especially with the games we've got coming up this month.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Todays Game on 18:35 - Aug 3 with 6474 viewsolympicdale

Todays Game on 18:08 - Aug 3 by KenBoon

Memories of John Doolan hopefully.

I think he thought the post was Glenn Murray afterwards..

Life is a game of fate.

Todays Game on 21:23 - Aug 3 with 6184 viewsDomDale

My optimism changed. Great result. I can't see much separating us and Pools come May (maybe class of fans?)

I thought 2nd half defence dealt well with lots of Pools attacks.

Happy days :)

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Todays Game on 21:37 - Aug 3 with 6138 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Pools were a much better team than I anticipated,initially.......contained us well even after Hot shot Hogan's goal.....and I agree at 1-0 Dale half time, I thought we would come under pressure second half.

Luckily our 2nd goal came soon after the re-start and we were in full command thereafter.

Great result and team effort. Vincenti star man today.....very cool and collected. Great header of the ball.

Really chuffed tonight.........sod the cricket too!
Todays Game on 22:08 - Aug 3 with 6066 viewsTiki_Beach

An encouraging performance today but not one I would get too carried away with. It's difficult to say how the game would have ended up had Hartlepool put away some of their chances but you cant take anything away from what was a very good second half from ourselves.

From the players making their debuts, I was very impressed with Hogan and Vincente but Matty Lund really stood for me. Felt Eastham and Lancashire were solid in their individual battles but as back line, we did allow Hartlepool a few sitters which needs to be addressed as we'll be punished on other days.

If we can play like we did today with the likes of Done and Tutte on the bench then we will really be a force this season but one thing I'll be maintaining this year is both teams to score, on my betting coupon for every dale game!
Todays Game on 22:09 - Aug 3 with 6053 viewswmgunit

A good first day result but plenty to work on still. Hartlepool should have been two up before we scored. Aside from a Bergkamp-esque (Dennis) momentum of skill from Hogan, we were lacking offensively and defensively as a unit first half.

Once we got the second goal our confidence built and we started playing the slick passing game hilly aspires to. Henderson's goal was a lovely goal all round. Henderson, Done and Hogan combining is a real prospect which will trouble many a defence this season. Lund behind them looks like a solid replacement for Kennedy and, while I was surprised by his man of the match award, I agree that Vicenti's ability to win the aerial duals out wide is something we have lacked since O'Grady departed.

However, even when things picked up going forward we were still caught napping at the back on several occasions in the second half, with Rafferty and Eastham particularly at fault. Hilly was visibly frustrated by the number of times the Hartlepool attack were left in open space when crosses were fired into the box.

All in all, you've got to be positive after seeing such lovely attacking play in the second half and bagging a 3-0 win against a side that are likely to finish top half. Lots to look forward to this season.

Tuesday would be a good opportunity to pair Lancashire and O'Connell up at centre half, a pairing who I hope would bring more cohesion at the back. The return of Bennett to right back wouldn't harm things either
[Post edited 3 Aug 2013 22:15]
Todays Game on 22:18 - Aug 3 with 6029 viewsTalkingSutty

Todays Game on 22:09 - Aug 3 by wmgunit

A good first day result but plenty to work on still. Hartlepool should have been two up before we scored. Aside from a Bergkamp-esque (Dennis) momentum of skill from Hogan, we were lacking offensively and defensively as a unit first half.

Once we got the second goal our confidence built and we started playing the slick passing game hilly aspires to. Henderson's goal was a lovely goal all round. Henderson, Done and Hogan combining is a real prospect which will trouble many a defence this season. Lund behind them looks like a solid replacement for Kennedy and, while I was surprised by his man of the match award, I agree that Vicenti's ability to win the aerial duals out wide is something we have lacked since O'Grady departed.

However, even when things picked up going forward we were still caught napping at the back on several occasions in the second half, with Rafferty and Eastham particularly at fault. Hilly was visibly frustrated by the number of times the Hartlepool attack were left in open space when crosses were fired into the box.

All in all, you've got to be positive after seeing such lovely attacking play in the second half and bagging a 3-0 win against a side that are likely to finish top half. Lots to look forward to this season.

Tuesday would be a good opportunity to pair Lancashire and O'Connell up at centre half, a pairing who I hope would bring more cohesion at the back. The return of Bennett to right back wouldn't harm things either
[Post edited 3 Aug 2013 22:15]

Its good that we can still win 3-0 whilst admitting that we still need to tighten up in certain areas.

I would say an above average performance but we allowed them to get far too many crosses over and thats something that we have to cut out, we got away with it today !!
Todays Game on 22:44 - Aug 3 with 5958 viewsR17ALE

Todays Game on 22:18 - Aug 3 by TalkingSutty

Its good that we can still win 3-0 whilst admitting that we still need to tighten up in certain areas.

I would say an above average performance but we allowed them to get far too many crosses over and thats something that we have to cut out, we got away with it today !!

We got away with it, because their stumpy No. 7 Franks was a shite crosser, putting the ball way over the top of their attackers every time. Even when he tried to dink one, it went out for a throw in - good on the eye but shite!

Looking back to last year's opener, I thought Hartlepool were much better than Northampton, and they made the play-offs.

On another note, occasional visitor bobbyjoe turned up today and enjoyed himself. This in itself tells us how well we played!

My gut feeling is we won today in 3rd gear. Instinct tells me that Hilly will be demanding improvements all over the field.

And, without Hogan, we might lack teeth.

But, a great opener, a great game. Nice to feel part of the team again. We were royally entertained today for the first time since...

Hilly left!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Todays Game on 22:50 - Aug 3 with 5921 viewsClivert

Nice to score 3 and still have Done sat on the bench, I think we'll be alright this season.
Todays Game on 23:01 - Aug 3 with 5890 viewsIOMDale

How they didn't score is beyond me - aside from the sitters already mentioned, Lillis made what looked like an outstanding save in injury time to tip one effort over the bar.

Cav and Lund complimented each other well in the middle and always provided an option for the defence. Feel some of the stick Rafferty is getting is a little unfair as their right side often looked to double up on him. In the first half, their passing was being zipped around and they looked a right handful on the break.

The second half was a different story. Vincenti won every header and we'll no doubt see a lot of Lillis's goal kicks head out to the right wing. Though the whole team looked like it had been honed throughout pre-season, special praise must go to the front four. Donnelly's movement was brilliant and with Hogan constantly flitting in and around him, they'll prove a handful for any defence in this league. Henderson, Done and Vincenti all offer something slightly different but Henderson is so important in that he knows exactly what pace to slow or quicken the game up/down to, constantly making angles and encouraging the full backs forward.

All in all, a hugely encouraging and entertaining start. If this continues, any fears I had about a lack of depth up top will soon look ridiculous.

UTDNFS

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024