Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread 00:40 - Feb 27 with 44457 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 12:16]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:53 - Feb 27 with 2073 viewsswan65split

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:43 - Feb 27 by shandyjack

jesus man, we lost in the end just like against Liverpool to lucky block tackle that landed at the feet of an opposition player. we were better team over 180 mins and luck wasn't on our side.

just need that bit of luck in front of goal, ????? missed the point did u?
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:53 - Feb 27 with 2073 views3swan

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 18:07 - Feb 27 by Pacemaker

Just had a text from my son still on bus it has been a shambles. Gutted for them.

Same here, he got into the ground just before we scored.

The club have to make an official complaint to Eufa as it was advised that Swans fans travelled on this 'official' transport only to miss a third of the game
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:54 - Feb 27 with 2067 viewsexiledclaseboy

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:51 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

You're deluded if you think Laudrup wouldn't have had deserved pelters for the substitutions and tactics tonight.

I'm just saying there's one law for one and another for another. I'm not sure how long it will last after tonight though...

I'm just saying that the same applies in reverse. You've had the knives out for Monk since he was appointed. I can understand you not agreeing with the appointment, not many of us understood or agreed with it. But I'm surprised at the stance you've taken since, especially from an old-schooler like you.

Poll: Tory leader

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:55 - Feb 27 with 2057 viewsshandyjack

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:53 - Feb 27 by swan65split

just need that bit of luck in front of goal, ????? missed the point did u?

what are you on about?

Poll: Expectation for the season

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:58 - Feb 27 with 2027 viewsRancid

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:53 - Feb 27 by AndrosCelsum

Swansea is one hell of a strong team, I knew it wouldn't be easy against you and to be honest you probably deserved to go through more than we did.

But then again, this is football..

I hope those of you who came to Napoli to watch the match enjoyed their stay and had a good time after all.

Respect and I really hope you do great in the BPL, perhaps we'll meet again next year or something, though I hope we get to play against an easier opponent next time hehe.
This year we played against Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund in Napoli and both of them didn't play half as good as you did in Napoli so like I said, you deserved to through but as you can imagine I'm happy we managed to snatch a victory in the end.
Respect!

Cheers for that.Not bad are we!!
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:00 - Feb 27 with 2005 viewsdgt73

Good effort tonight.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:00 - Feb 27 with 2000 viewstherealme

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:42 - Feb 27 by haremscarem

Nothing wrong with the team selection IMO.

Was being sarcastic, apologies. Somebody mentioned it was a bizarre team selection after the game even though on another night we could have scored 4

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:06 - Feb 27 with 1950 viewsPlasticman

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:00 - Feb 27 by therealme

Was being sarcastic, apologies. Somebody mentioned it was a bizarre team selection after the game even though on another night we could have scored 4

The starting selection was ok, but I think the subs were wrong.

Not much to do about it now, though.

Plastic since 2012

Login to get fewer ads

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:16 - Feb 27 with 1874 viewsKingBony

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:53 - Feb 27 by AndrosCelsum

Swansea is one hell of a strong team, I knew it wouldn't be easy against you and to be honest you probably deserved to go through more than we did.

But then again, this is football..

I hope those of you who came to Napoli to watch the match enjoyed their stay and had a good time after all.

Respect and I really hope you do great in the BPL, perhaps we'll meet again next year or something, though I hope we get to play against an easier opponent next time hehe.
This year we played against Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund in Napoli and both of them didn't play half as good as you did in Napoli so like I said, you deserved to through but as you can imagine I'm happy we managed to snatch a victory in the end.
Respect!

Cheers fella,

Good luck in the next round.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:26 - Feb 27 with 1814 viewsTokijo

16 shots on goal, 12 on target says it all. Unlucky. Roll on Sunday v Palace.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:27 - Feb 27 with 1804 viewswaynekerr55

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:06 - Feb 27 by Plasticman

The starting selection was ok, but I think the subs were wrong.

Not much to do about it now, though.

Who said that the Danes were blinkered

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:29 - Feb 27 with 1798 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:54 - Feb 27 by exiledclaseboy

I'm just saying that the same applies in reverse. You've had the knives out for Monk since he was appointed. I can understand you not agreeing with the appointment, not many of us understood or agreed with it. But I'm surprised at the stance you've taken since, especially from an old-schooler like you.

I think Monk will be an excellent manager - eventually. I hope he does a "Sherwood" (six years as a coach at Spurs) and stays with the club in some capacity in the meantime.

The bollox spouted on here lately has been laughable though. He was patently out of his depth tonight and with a bit more nouse and not too much effort we could be in the last 16.

I'd prefer someone more experienced. It will take quite a bit more than what I've seen so far to convince me otherwise.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:33 - Feb 27 with 1768 viewsexiledclaseboy

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:29 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

I think Monk will be an excellent manager - eventually. I hope he does a "Sherwood" (six years as a coach at Spurs) and stays with the club in some capacity in the meantime.

The bollox spouted on here lately has been laughable though. He was patently out of his depth tonight and with a bit more nouse and not too much effort we could be in the last 16.

I'd prefer someone more experienced. It will take quite a bit more than what I've seen so far to convince me otherwise.

Just can't agree on any level that we saw anything tonight that proved that Monk is "patently out of his depth". I just don't get that. What I have seen since Monk took over is a marked upturn in performance level and the start of a return to something like the team we can be.

So we'll have to agree to differ.

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:38 - Feb 27 with 1734 viewswaynekerr55

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:29 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

I don't know about that Mr Hunt. You're usually quite balanced and you may well be right. Football is all ifs and buts, they had the breaks over the 2 legs. Remember they also had the cup king Benitez in charge.

We've played a hell of a lot better and (from what I understand) the players have enjoyed it more. I'm a repetitive twonk, but I think we should have parted ways in the summer but what has been has been.

I'd generally agree on the Sherwood and experience, he does have Clotet with him and remember Judas didn't have experience (I know it was at a lower level). I'm half full at the moment, but that may change if "Ince's theory" comes to fruition

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:45 - Feb 27 with 1689 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:33 - Feb 27 by exiledclaseboy

Just can't agree on any level that we saw anything tonight that proved that Monk is "patently out of his depth". I just don't get that. What I have seen since Monk took over is a marked upturn in performance level and the start of a return to something like the team we can be.

So we'll have to agree to differ.

OK.

No disputing that we look sharper and quicker (not unusual under a new manager but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) of late but subs and second half tactics were woeful tonight.

I'd have said the same if it was Laudrup and you know it.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:50 - Feb 27 with 1661 viewsNeathJack

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:45 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

OK.

No disputing that we look sharper and quicker (not unusual under a new manager but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) of late but subs and second half tactics were woeful tonight.

If it were not for the unfortunate ricochet off Ben Davies falling to their £35m striker, everyone would be lauding him for his substitutions and closing the game out.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:50 - Feb 27 with 1661 viewsexiledclaseboy

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:45 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

OK.

I don't doubt it, but your haste to point out hypocrisy in others is starting to make you look like you want Monk to fail and I know that won't be the case because of the consequences of that failure for our club.

And that's where I came in.

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:59 - Feb 27 with 1608 viewsChrissyWayneBeren

Thought the players were excellent tonight and Garry Monk's game plan was spot on. Their flukey second goal was a killer up until then we were comfortable.

Nevermind, roll on to Crystal Palace. We're looking good.

-

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:02 - Feb 27 with 1594 viewsUxbridge

Out of his depth? I'll have to humbly disagree there.

We were an unlucky deflection away from going through tonight. Napoli were in our bloody pocket and we failed to take our chances whilst they got lucky. Monk had Benitez's number until he rolled double 6's.

I'm gutted. Opportunities like that don't come too often in a supporter's lifetime.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 22:04]

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:11 - Feb 27 with 1531 viewsmonmouth

OK.

I normally pretty much agree with you on most things but we're poles apart here. I just can't imagine that we could play any better than we have over the last six games. With average luck we would have won five of them. And I think monk will get a lot better for these experiences. I think we're on a serious upward trajectory, and look very exciting. My worry about monk isn't a management one, it's a recruitment and retention one.
Anyways, let's roll on to sunday; that's another biggie.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:12 - Feb 27 with 1528 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 21:50 - Feb 27 by exiledclaseboy

I don't doubt it, but your haste to point out hypocrisy in others is starting to make you look like you want Monk to fail and I know that won't be the case because of the consequences of that failure for our club.

And that's where I came in.

I'm concerned about our club failing because we're maybe giving the job to a "proper Jack" rather than an experienced manager.

I'd love him to succeed but I was skeptical at the time and I'm even more so tonight.
The only agenda I have is to appoint the best available manager.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:17 - Feb 27 with 1504 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:11 - Feb 27 by monmouth

I normally pretty much agree with you on most things but we're poles apart here. I just can't imagine that we could play any better than we have over the last six games. With average luck we would have won five of them. And I think monk will get a lot better for these experiences. I think we're on a serious upward trajectory, and look very exciting. My worry about monk isn't a management one, it's a recruitment and retention one.
Anyways, let's roll on to sunday; that's another biggie.

Recruitment and retention are part of management, Shirley?

Selection and last half hour tactics didn't inspire confidence tonight.
Just my two bob's worth...
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:18 - Feb 27 with 1500 viewsUxbridge

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:12 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

I'm concerned about our club failing because we're maybe giving the job to a "proper Jack" rather than an experienced manager.

I'd love him to succeed but I was skeptical at the time and I'm even more so tonight.
The only agenda I have is to appoint the best available manager.

As you know, so was I at the time, however the last 6 games have seen a marked upturn in performances ... if not quite results. For me I'd be much more critical of resting Rangel than anything else. Tactically I thought he did very well until some rank bad luck (and poor defending)

He might be an unlucky manager though. If that's the case we're better off getting rid

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:18 - Feb 27 with 1495 viewsRancid

I bet 10 of the 20 PL clubs were gutted we went out tonight.Only the 1 competition to focus on now.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:19 - Feb 27 with 1487 viewssisao

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:02 - Feb 27 by Uxbridge

Out of his depth? I'll have to humbly disagree there.

We were an unlucky deflection away from going through tonight. Napoli were in our bloody pocket and we failed to take our chances whilst they got lucky. Monk had Benitez's number until he rolled double 6's.

I'm gutted. Opportunities like that don't come too often in a supporter's lifetime.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 22:04]

I could repeat the silly statements reporters in Napoli are doing since the end of the match, i.e. my team is suffering for the first time this year and this is bad moment that needs to pass, but that's bullsh!t cos the Swansey we all saw was a hell of a group with motivated and iteresting players. A team must be evaluated over a whole season, including highs and lows, that's also why both Napoli and Swansey won't be first in their leagues in the end.

This match did not deserve half a stadium being empty and the present half being incredibly silent. Also the rain of this period made it historical and a bit welsh maybe.

To me it was one of the most intense match this year, was a fight and we all realised for the first time we need to defend also actually.

As per the Swans in the stadium...nice to see all those lads in there...we're still waiting for Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City fans. Respect.

Going out of a CL like we did just makes me perfectly understand how you all feel now....f4ck it football can be unpredictable.

Good luck.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024