Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread 00:40 - Feb 27 with 44461 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 12:16]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:54 - Feb 27 with 2004 viewsBonjour

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:51 - Feb 27 by Darran

Oh f*ck up you bell end.

He's right though
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:55 - Feb 27 with 1994 viewsPintado

So proud of they boy, gave it their all, the better team over 2 legs and unlucky to go out, we would not of had that performance with Laudrup in charge. Monk has put the pride back in the team.

Freddy Kruger has very sharp nails

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:56 - Feb 27 with 1967 viewsSpratty

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:52 - Feb 27 by Giant_Penguins

great effort. best team lost.

Rafa would agree if he was honest
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:56 - Feb 27 with 1957 viewsBLAZE

I've been right behind Monk since his appointment but I'm disappointed with his subs tonight. He's got leadership in abundance but maybe lacking the tactical knowledge? Not trying to sh*t stir but I'm sure I lip read him asking Clotet who he should substitute after their second. Not saying he shouldn't consult the back room staff but it looked like he was reliant on him.... Sounds stupid after a few seconds of video but check back yourselves. It didn't look right
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:56 - Feb 27 with 1956 viewsDarran

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:54 - Feb 27 by Bonjour

He's right though

He doesn't stop f*cking moaning so for that reason he's wrong.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:57 - Feb 27 with 1934 viewsangryjack

should never had taken emnes off we had them on back foot and then their second goal came from not tracking our runners down the left when i think emnes would have gone with the runner
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:58 - Feb 27 with 1913 viewsLiam12345

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:56 - Feb 27 by Darran

if it was once in a while this happened then i wouldn't moan its twice in a week the same thing has happened we need a manager who knows his stuff and dont deny it.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:58 - Feb 27 with 1890 viewsPlasticman

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:54 - Feb 27 by shingle

Oh well lets have the we played really well, which we did, then we`ll have the we did ourselves proud which we did etc etc however we will now be going in to a far more important game on Sunday deflated and just the 3 days rest after a very demanding game Tony Pullis must have really enjoyed that game.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 19:55]

Good thing the high pressure style isn't sapping the boys for energy, then.

I really worry about energy levels at the end of a season if they are going to be pressuring hard every match in an entire season. It was already visible at the end of this match :-/

Plastic since 2012

Login to get fewer ads

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:58 - Feb 27 with 1890 viewsshingle

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:56 - Feb 27 by Darran

There is a difference between moaning and reality.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:58 - Feb 27 with 1888 viewsairedale

Hang on, 10, 9, 8, etc, it was all Tiendalli's fault, we'd have gone through at 1 all.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:58 - Feb 27 with 1875 viewsmart6

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:52 - Feb 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

This game has convinced me Monk isn't ready. He was asking the bloody fitness coach who to bring off. He isn't ready.

A bloody lip reader as well.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:59 - Feb 27 with 1851 viewsDarran

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:58 - Feb 27 by Liam12345

if it was once in a while this happened then i wouldn't moan its twice in a week the same thing has happened we need a manager who knows his stuff and dont deny it.

You don't stop f*ck off.

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:59 - Feb 27 with 1829 viewsMolliemick

A couple of defensive mistakes, some good saves by Reina and poor misses by Bony. He may be a beast in the middle third but not clinical enough in the box.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:00 - Feb 27 with 1804 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:52 - Feb 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

This game has convinced me Monk isn't ready. He was asking the bloody fitness coach who to bring off. He isn't ready.

Bizarre team selection and shocking substitutions and tactics for the last 30.

Honeymoon's over...
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:00 - Feb 27 with 1796 viewsLiam12345

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:59 - Feb 27 by Darran

You don't stop f*ck off.

sorry for the inconvenience of being correct

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:01 - Feb 27 with 1759 viewsPlasticman

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:55 - Feb 27 by Pintado

So proud of they boy, gave it their all, the better team over 2 legs and unlucky to go out, we would not of had that performance with Laudrup in charge. Monk has put the pride back in the team.

Laudrup would certainly have attacked the game differently, that's true.

If you notice a red line in his doings, it seems to be all about not wasting un-needed energy and conserving it for when it matters. I recall he even telling players that they should stop wasting their energy running when it wasn't needed but play more intelligently with how to spend their energy.

Would it have produced a different result with him? Nobody can tell, really. It is all guesswork and assumptions based on purely subjective opinions, so let's just leave it at "maybe".

Plastic since 2012

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:02 - Feb 27 with 1741 viewsdameedna

Good game, Bony should have scored

Could have brought on Pozeulo for Emnes and given Davies a rest.

Overall, can't remember being relieved with a loss but this time round we failed to win at home and it was becoming an uphill battle.

Time to focus on three straight wins in the league and another summer of multi million euro players joining us and a new era with Monk somewhere in the picture
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:02 - Feb 27 with 1734 viewsRancid

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:59 - Feb 27 by Molliemick

A couple of defensive mistakes, some good saves by Reina and poor misses by Bony. He may be a beast in the middle third but not clinical enough in the box.

He's a great player for us and will get better.But that chance he missed was the game changer for me.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:02 - Feb 27 with 1726 viewsDr_Winston

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:00 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

Honeymoon's over...

Sitting back with 30 minutes left is something Rodgers would have done.

Maybe he asked him for tips on Sunday.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:03 - Feb 27 with 1709 viewsAtleticoAbertawe

Could have and probably should have won, gutted for the lads. Their second goal was very unfortunate and I thought it was penalty.

"If you bring in £80, then don’t spend £100. That’s not hard, is it?" - Huw Jenkins 2013

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:03 - Feb 27 with 1693 viewstherealme

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:00 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

Honeymoon's over...

What are you talking about?

The bizarre team selection you mention would have scored 3 or 4 on a different night ffs

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:04 - Feb 27 with 1640 viewsBLAZE

Disagree. The run in is often more about spirit than anything else. Look how we faded last year. If Monk can maintain the desire and attacking intent we should stay up comfortably..... But where a few days ago I was cautiously optimistic that he could maybe take the job full time in the summer, now I'm not so sure. Maybe with an experienced head alongside him?

Our up turn in performances have been to promising to start losing faith in him. We haven't put in a poor performance yet, despite the losses. In fact we've been excellent under him on the whole, just lacking the clinical edge

Edit. Sorry, meant to quote Warwick
[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 20:06]
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:07 - Feb 27 with 1567 viewsDarran

Honeymoon's over...

Well yeah but we're Rangel and Britton fit for instance?

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:07 - Feb 27 with 1558 viewsIronPole

Dear friends, Neapolitans are sorry: we like to win "clean", but we know there was a penalty pro-Swans. Anyway, you have a big team.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:08 - Feb 27 with 1542 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:03 - Feb 27 by therealme

What are you talking about?

The bizarre team selection you mention would have scored 3 or 4 on a different night ffs

What - when playing f*cking Llanelli?

You really think going into a huge, winnable European match with a flank of Tiendalli and Emnes was a good idea?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024