Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread 00:40 - Feb 27 with 44459 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 12:16]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:10 - Feb 27 with 2053 viewsharemscarem

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:55 - Feb 27 by Pintado

So proud of they boy, gave it their all, the better team over 2 legs and unlucky to go out, we would not of had that performance with Laudrup in charge. Monk has put the pride back in the team.

Why does it have to be about Laudrup against Monk. Just focus on this game. Swansea played very well. A lot of good moments. I think we are attacking with a lot of ideas and getting a lot of chances. We were unlucky not to score a goal more. In the defence things were shaky in the first half, but I do think that it got better in the second half, but in the end we had to attack with all players...

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:12 - Feb 27 with 2020 viewsexiledclaseboy

I see the anti-Perches are out in force. Those who are already as set against Monk as Perch was against Laudrup. At least they have better spelling.

Poll: Tory leader

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:13 - Feb 27 with 1995 viewsLeonisGod

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 17:47 - Feb 27 by Liam12345

emnes is a fantastic addition its tiendalli that lets the whole team down emnes and bony are very strong and will cause them problems

Well predicted. Emnes was superb (again). He just plays 'our way' with the added bonus of pace. Like a clever and more composed version of Lamah. I don't care if he's not a 'big name'. If he plays like that he can start every match as far as I'm concerned.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:14 - Feb 27 with 1994 viewsDarran

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:12 - Feb 27 by exiledclaseboy

I see the anti-Perches are out in force. Those who are already as set against Monk as Perch was against Laudrup. At least they have better spelling.

Great post Andrew.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:17 - Feb 27 with 1940 viewsGiant_Penguins

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:13 - Feb 27 by LeonisGod

Well predicted. Emnes was superb (again). He just plays 'our way' with the added bonus of pace. Like a clever and more composed version of Lamah. I don't care if he's not a 'big name'. If he plays like that he can start every match as far as I'm concerned.

I agree. must admit that I wasn't over the moon with the signing of him but he has proved me wrong. Did good out there, and also has that natural instinct to move into the area when Routs had the ball on the left.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:17 - Feb 27 with 1936 viewstherealme

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:08 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

What - when playing f*cking Llanelli?

You really think going into a huge, winnable European match with a flank of Tiendalli and Emnes was a good idea?

Before the game - No! I didn't think it was a good idea

But come on ffs. What about the 3 v 2 we had with Hernandez and Dyer was screaming for it? What about Bony's missed header? I dare you to criticise either one of them

Like I said, on another night, Pablo picks the right pass and Bony scores with the bizarre team selection

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:18 - Feb 27 with 1919 viewsflapane

Heck, it's been waaaay harder for us to beat Swansea than Arsenal 2-0 last December.
Swansea impressed me, especially Bony and Wilfred. Thank godness, Rafael and Pepe Reina were true heroes.
Cheers
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:20 - Feb 27 with 1885 viewsJokeren1943

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:13 - Feb 27 by LeonisGod

Emnes did fantastic - Alot like Lamah.

But a striker he is not - and what we need is a good second striker.
Login to get fewer ads

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:25 - Feb 27 with 1806 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:12 - Feb 27 by exiledclaseboy

Just trying to balance some of the absurd revisionism that's gone on here lately, Andrew... F*ck me, we even had someone saying that JDG was like a different player tonight.

Laudrup would have been crucified if he'd been in charge tonight, and rightly so.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:28 - Feb 27 with 1757 viewsSpratty

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:55 - Feb 27 by Pintado

So proud of they boy, gave it their all, the better team over 2 legs and unlucky to go out, we would not of had that performance with Laudrup in charge. Monk has put the pride back in the team.

Yet Laudrup got us as far as we went and built the team.

So lets stop this Laudrup jibes crap, stinks of insecurity and agenda. #standingontheshouldersofgiants

Will someone say 1 win in 6 to relegation fodder - that would be crap too.

The boys played well and must be gutted. We paid for mistakes even though we were the better team. Shame we didn't throw more at it if we were going for it, it was all but enough. Lets get as high as we can in the PL now we definitely have the ability.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:28 - Feb 27 with 1733 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:07 - Feb 27 by Darran

Well yeah but we're Rangel and Britton fit for instance?

No idea Dar, Rangel was on the bench though...

The subs and sitting back for the last 30 when they were shitting pineapples every time we attacked wasn't the smartest idea.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:29 - Feb 27 with 1727 viewstomdickharry

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:58 - Feb 27 by Plasticman

Good thing the high pressure style isn't sapping the boys for energy, then.

I really worry about energy levels at the end of a season if they are going to be pressuring hard every match in an entire season. It was already visible at the end of this match :-/

Why not they have got plenty of time between matches now,did you see Norwich last Sunday against Spurs ran their balls of for the whole 90 minutes and we will do it,starting on Sunday.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:33 - Feb 27 with 1673 viewsShaky

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:04 - Feb 27 by BLAZE

Disagree. The run in is often more about spirit than anything else. Look how we faded last year. If Monk can maintain the desire and attacking intent we should stay up comfortably..... But where a few days ago I was cautiously optimistic that he could maybe take the job full time in the summer, now I'm not so sure. Maybe with an experienced head alongside him?

Our up turn in performances have been to promising to start losing faith in him. We haven't put in a poor performance yet, despite the losses. In fact we've been excellent under him on the whole, just lacking the clinical edge

Edit. Sorry, meant to quote Warwick
[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 20:06]

"The run in is often more about spirit than anything else. Look how we faded last year."

Ya think so?

So it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that we flogged DG last January leaving us without a recognised striker for the rest of the season?

A fact that everybody appears to have conveniently forgotten?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:34 - Feb 27 with 1660 viewsexiledclaseboy

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:25 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

Just trying to balance some of the absurd revisionism that's gone on here lately, Andrew... F*ck me, we even had someone saying that JDG was like a different player tonight.

Laudrup would have been crucified if he'd been in charge tonight, and rightly so.

I couldn't disagree more and as you know I never subscribed to the anti-Laudrup agenda. But if we'd produced a performance like tonight (and most of the others under Monk so far) even under Laudrup very few would have complained. And he'd probably still have a job. And those who would have complained would have been dismissed as the dribbling halfwits they are.

I'm not arguing about revisionism, that happens all the time on here and I've no time for it. But if you're just trying to balance out the absurdity I'd be careful because it's starting to make you look churlish.

Top tip there.

Poll: Tory leader

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:34 - Feb 27 with 1655 viewsRancid

I think we tired and it gave the impression we dropped off them.They've 30m pound players to exploit that.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:38 - Feb 27 with 1615 viewsSwanjack10

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:14 - Feb 27 by Darran

Great post Andrew.

Take your tiny co ck out of ecbs ars eole and admit monk made a c unt of himself.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:38 - Feb 27 with 1611 viewsswan65split

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 19:50 - Feb 27 by Liam12345

what a fcking shocking match how can you defend with 20 - 25 mins to go

Defend with 25 mins to go? I think we were getting tired, I said here, that we were losing it a bit, stray passes etc, Pablo looked efffd.

Strange decisiions have been mentioned here tonight, I think Britton and Rangel took knocks at the weekend, and dont forget lads we have some tough games coming up and PL survival to secure.

I was pleased with the performance , we did well, and showed we can compete with the best, just need that bit of luck in front of goal,
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:40 - Feb 27 with 1591 viewsDarran

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:28 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

No idea Dar, Rangel was on the bench though...

The subs and sitting back for the last 30 when they were shitting pineapples every time we attacked wasn't the smartest idea.

You've been reading the Memoirs Of Shaky QC

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:41 - Feb 27 with 1581 viewsDrizzy

Monk's approach to sit back and tighten up at 1-1 was working absolutely fine until a normally routine clearance deflected off Davies' arse right on to the boot of Gonzalo f*cking Higuain.

Nobody should be crucified today. Over the two legs it was some of the best football I've ever seen the Swans play considering the supposed quality of our opposition.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:42 - Feb 27 with 1560 viewsharemscarem

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:17 - Feb 27 by therealme

Before the game - No! I didn't think it was a good idea

But come on ffs. What about the 3 v 2 we had with Hernandez and Dyer was screaming for it? What about Bony's missed header? I dare you to criticise either one of them

Like I said, on another night, Pablo picks the right pass and Bony scores with the bizarre team selection

Nothing wrong with the team selection IMO.

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:43 - Feb 27 with 1546 viewsDarran

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:41 - Feb 27 by Drizzy

Monk's approach to sit back and tighten up at 1-1 was working absolutely fine until a normally routine clearance deflected off Davies' arse right on to the boot of Gonzalo f*cking Higuain.

Nobody should be crucified today. Over the two legs it was some of the best football I've ever seen the Swans play considering the supposed quality of our opposition.

Good post Newp.

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:43 - Feb 27 with 1546 viewsshandyjack

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:38 - Feb 27 by swan65split

Defend with 25 mins to go? I think we were getting tired, I said here, that we were losing it a bit, stray passes etc, Pablo looked efffd.

Strange decisiions have been mentioned here tonight, I think Britton and Rangel took knocks at the weekend, and dont forget lads we have some tough games coming up and PL survival to secure.

I was pleased with the performance , we did well, and showed we can compete with the best, just need that bit of luck in front of goal,

jesus man, we lost in the end just like against Liverpool to lucky block tackle that landed at the feet of an opposition player. we were better team over 180 mins and luck wasn't on our side.

Poll: Expectation for the season

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:45 - Feb 27 with 1524 viewsmonmouth

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:33 - Feb 27 by Shaky

"The run in is often more about spirit than anything else. Look how we faded last year."

Ya think so?

So it wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that we flogged DG last January leaving us without a recognised striker for the rest of the season?

A fact that everybody appears to have conveniently forgotten?

Fair at. Is it your mission to make a complete anus out of yourself every day?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:51 - Feb 27 with 1454 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:34 - Feb 27 by exiledclaseboy

I couldn't disagree more and as you know I never subscribed to the anti-Laudrup agenda. But if we'd produced a performance like tonight (and most of the others under Monk so far) even under Laudrup very few would have complained. And he'd probably still have a job. And those who would have complained would have been dismissed as the dribbling halfwits they are.

I'm not arguing about revisionism, that happens all the time on here and I've no time for it. But if you're just trying to balance out the absurdity I'd be careful because it's starting to make you look churlish.

Top tip there.

You're deluded if you think Laudrup wouldn't have had deserved pelters for the substitutions and tactics tonight.

I'm just saying there's one law for one and another for another. I'm not sure how long it will last after tonight though...
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:53 - Feb 27 with 1428 viewsAndrosCelsum

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 20:43 - Feb 27 by shandyjack

jesus man, we lost in the end just like against Liverpool to lucky block tackle that landed at the feet of an opposition player. we were better team over 180 mins and luck wasn't on our side.

Swansea is one hell of a strong team, I knew it wouldn't be easy against you and to be honest you probably deserved to go through more than we did.

But then again, this is football..

I hope those of you who came to Napoli to watch the match enjoyed their stay and had a good time after all.

Respect and I really hope you do great in the BPL, perhaps we'll meet again next year or something, though I hope we get to play against an easier opponent next time hehe.
This year we played against Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund in Napoli and both of them didn't play half as good as you did in Napoli so like I said, you deserved to through but as you can imagine I'm happy we managed to snatch a victory in the end.
Respect!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024