Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread 00:40 - Feb 27 with 44460 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 12:16]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:21 - Feb 27 with 2049 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:02 - Feb 27 by Uxbridge

Out of his depth? I'll have to humbly disagree there.

We were an unlucky deflection away from going through tonight. Napoli were in our bloody pocket and we failed to take our chances whilst they got lucky. Monk had Benitez's number until he rolled double 6's.

I'm gutted. Opportunities like that don't come too often in a supporter's lifetime.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 22:04]

The second goal was inevitable once we sat back. Could see it coming a mile off.

Happy with the starting 11 and the subs?
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:23 - Feb 27 with 2033 viewsUxbridge

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:19 - Feb 27 by sisao

I could repeat the silly statements reporters in Napoli are doing since the end of the match, i.e. my team is suffering for the first time this year and this is bad moment that needs to pass, but that's bullsh!t cos the Swansey we all saw was a hell of a group with motivated and iteresting players. A team must be evaluated over a whole season, including highs and lows, that's also why both Napoli and Swansey won't be first in their leagues in the end.

This match did not deserve half a stadium being empty and the present half being incredibly silent. Also the rain of this period made it historical and a bit welsh maybe.

To me it was one of the most intense match this year, was a fight and we all realised for the first time we need to defend also actually.

As per the Swans in the stadium...nice to see all those lads in there...we're still waiting for Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City fans. Respect.

Going out of a CL like we did just makes me perfectly understand how you all feel now....f4ck it football can be unpredictable.

Good luck.

Good stuff. I wish Napoli well for the future ... crazy club, crazy fans but a million miles away from the plastic Premier League and all the better for it.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:27 - Feb 27 with 2009 viewsUxbridge

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:21 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

The second goal was inevitable once we sat back. Could see it coming a mile off.

Inevitable? They weren't even threatening and we looked dangerous as hell on the break. It was rank bad luck IMO.

Starting XI? Well Emnes and Tiendalli wouldn't be near the team in my book, but the rest was as strong as we have. Pablo in the 10 role is epic. We bossed the game with that XI. The subs? Well Dyer for Wayne is a zero sum game. Emnes for Taylor made sense to protect an increasingly fragile Ben. I wouldn't have taken off De Guz for Poz personally (Ben off and move Taylor back) but it's a marginal call.

This all takes away from what we should be focusing on though. A much improved Swansea City who are bloody unlucky not to come away from Napoli, effin Napoli FFS, with a win. That's much more important than nitpicking over the bones of an unfortunate loss.

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:32 - Feb 27 with 1981 viewsDarran

Warwicks getting a kicking,hahahahahaha c*ntpipe.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:33 - Feb 27 with 1979 viewsJohnw102

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:27 - Feb 27 by Uxbridge

Inevitable? They weren't even threatening and we looked dangerous as hell on the break. It was rank bad luck IMO.

Starting XI? Well Emnes and Tiendalli wouldn't be near the team in my book, but the rest was as strong as we have. Pablo in the 10 role is epic. We bossed the game with that XI. The subs? Well Dyer for Wayne is a zero sum game. Emnes for Taylor made sense to protect an increasingly fragile Ben. I wouldn't have taken off De Guz for Poz personally (Ben off and move Taylor back) but it's a marginal call.

This all takes away from what we should be focusing on though. A much improved Swansea City who are bloody unlucky not to come away from Napoli, effin Napoli FFS, with a win. That's much more important than nitpicking over the bones of an unfortunate loss.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:37 - Feb 27 with 1962 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:27 - Feb 27 by Uxbridge

Luck, yep - that'll be it...

The equaliser was coming sooner or later unless we scored a breakaway goal.
Wrong tactics to sit back in my opinion. Especially when both full backs were having very poor games...
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:38 - Feb 27 with 1957 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:32 - Feb 27 by Darran

Really? I must have missed that meeting.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:46 - Feb 27 with 1910 viewsjackonicko

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:21 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

Sure the second goal was coming. To give credit to Monk, he tried to do something about it but it didn't work out.

I questioned Emnes and Tiendalli in the starting 11, but again to give GM credit Emnes had a super first half (well, of what I saw of it anyway.) couldn't argue with much else - well set up, well drilled and well in it for 89 minutes. The Taylor sub baffled us at the time, but he needed to change something as Davies needed help.

I've heard we'll be complaining to UEFA about the shambolic treatment of our fans, but don't see the point. It was clearly a planned, intended shambles to get us to the ground after kick off. The carabinieri and polizia have no idea about crowd management, so solved the problem by leaving us on the ring road.
Login to get fewer ads

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:47 - Feb 27 with 1907 viewsUxbridge

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:37 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

Luck, yep - that'll be it...

The equaliser was coming sooner or later unless we scored a breakaway goal.
Wrong tactics to sit back in my opinion. Especially when both full backs were having very poor games...

You think it wasn't luck? Rightio. Can't agree. How was an equaliser coming when the only team threatening to score was us on the break?

I agree the FBs have been poor recently but that's an entirely different point.

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:57 - Feb 27 with 1853 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:47 - Feb 27 by Uxbridge

You think it wasn't luck? Rightio. Can't agree. How was an equaliser coming when the only team threatening to score was us on the break?

I agree the FBs have been poor recently but that's an entirely different point.

My point is we sat back and invited it for the last half hour and relied on getting a breakaway goal. They've got some decent players in and around the box...
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 23:05 - Feb 27 with 1828 viewsUxbridge

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:57 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

My point is we sat back and invited it for the last half hour and relied on getting a breakaway goal. They've got some decent players in and around the box...

True. But those decent players weren't actually threatening, whereas we were. Bony scores and Monk looks a genius. Davies goes to sleep and a lucky ricochet and the knives are out. Fine line.

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 23:05 - Feb 27 with 1819 viewsAndy1300

Been back in sorrento for about 40 mins, the boys did us proud tonight.

The subs did us in tonight.

Shame the busses from the port area arrived 20 mins after kick off,feckin Italian police.

Number 1 team in Wales

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 23:16 - Feb 27 with 1780 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 23:05 - Feb 27 by Uxbridge

True. But those decent players weren't actually threatening, whereas we were. Bony scores and Monk looks a genius. Davies goes to sleep and a lucky ricochet and the knives are out. Fine line.

Well, quite.

Give 'em enough rope though...
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 23:17 - Feb 27 with 1777 viewssingalongajack

trundle for forwards coach
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 23:19 - Feb 27 with 1769 viewsUxbridge

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 23:16 - Feb 27 by WarwickHunt

Well, quite.

Give 'em enough rope though...

.... and you can tie yourself in knots?

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 23:22 - Feb 27 with 1759 viewsWarwickHunt

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 23:19 - Feb 27 by Uxbridge

.... and you can tie yourself in knots?

"Never give a sucker an even break." W.C. Fields.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 23:22 - Feb 27 with 1757 viewsSwanseajill

So proud of my team, not just tonight but throughout this competition.
At first I was dissapointed with tonights team selection, but immiediately realised we have a very important game on Sunday.

Ive seen all the home games at the Liberty and enjoyed the build up and different styles that we have seen in the opposition squads.

I just knew before kick off that it was going to be a hard fight, and ..it was.
There is so much more in this team than I saw for many months at the begining of our season, if we can carry on as we have done in the last three weeks, I will be a very happy Jill.

Keep this passionate play going Garry and the lads, Im sure the majority of Jacks are behind you.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 23:35 - Feb 27 with 1717 viewsDavillin

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:02 - Feb 27 by Uxbridge

Out of his depth? I'll have to humbly disagree there.

We were an unlucky deflection away from going through tonight. Napoli were in our bloody pocket and we failed to take our chances whilst they got lucky. Monk had Benitez's number until he rolled double 6's.

I'm gutted. Opportunities like that don't come too often in a supporter's lifetime.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2014 22:04]

Short. Simple. Accurate. Thanks for that.

Regarding their second goal, I still don't know how that ball got between our two defenders. Even "luck" doesn't explain it.

Most important, I extend my sincere thanks and heartiest "well done" to the team, all of the players individually, and especially the Gaffer. What you all did today is why I support the Swans.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 00:26 - Feb 28 with 1633 viewsairedale

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 23:22 - Feb 27 by Swanseajill

So proud of my team, not just tonight but throughout this competition.
At first I was dissapointed with tonights team selection, but immiediately realised we have a very important game on Sunday.

Ive seen all the home games at the Liberty and enjoyed the build up and different styles that we have seen in the opposition squads.

I just knew before kick off that it was going to be a hard fight, and ..it was.
There is so much more in this team than I saw for many months at the begining of our season, if we can carry on as we have done in the last three weeks, I will be a very happy Jill.

Keep this passionate play going Garry and the lads, Im sure the majority of Jacks are behind you.

Well said.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 00:38 - Feb 28 with 1614 viewscockneyswan

My thoughts on losing tonight :-
I fully understand why some players were rested in preparation for the main priority palace on Sunday , however I thought with the exception of tiendalis howler everyone put in a good performance, which we can all be proud of. We pushed one of europes top teams all the way. With a bit more luck and composure we would have won. However I m not too downcast as the Europa league has proved to be a great sap on the clubs limited resources, a poison chalice, manure will like all the other British clubs find that thier chances of cl qualification will be much harder next season as a result. The europa cup has been an interesting distraction for us
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 00:46 - Feb 28 with 1605 viewsUxbridge

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 00:38 - Feb 28 by cockneyswan

My thoughts on losing tonight :-
I fully understand why some players were rested in preparation for the main priority palace on Sunday , however I thought with the exception of tiendalis howler everyone put in a good performance, which we can all be proud of. We pushed one of europes top teams all the way. With a bit more luck and composure we would have won. However I m not too downcast as the Europa league has proved to be a great sap on the clubs limited resources, a poison chalice, manure will like all the other British clubs find that thier chances of cl qualification will be much harder next season as a result. The europa cup has been an interesting distraction for us

Must admit I really don't like the view that the Premier League is everything and the European competitions are mere distractions from that.

We're unlikely to get back into Europe anytime soon. Heresy to say maybe, but it's probably true. I'm glad, as a club, we gave it a proper go. I don't think Monk held anything back with regards to Sunday really ... apart from the right flank it was pretty much a first choice team given availabilities.

I've got some great memories from this season. Memories that will far outweigh a mere scramble for mediocrity in the PL.

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 00:53 - Feb 28 with 1597 viewsDrizzy

@Warwick

We didn't "sit back" really as we were playing quite deep from the start to nullify the pace of Insigne and Callejon and it worked apart from the one time Davies fell asleep and Tiendalli was caught dreaming. Like any good team they punished us for it.

With regards to Tiendalli it is blatantly obvious that something was wrong with Rangel. Whether that was a slight knock or maybe illness I don't know but a fully fit Rangel would have started today's game. Can't blame Monk for playing his back-up. After his mistake in the first half he actually played quite well for the remainder of the game.

The selection of Emnes was bizarre but it didn't hinder us. He had a decent game and got himself in dangerous positions. Lovely through ball to Hernandez on the counter attack which led to Bony's missed sitter as well.

Substitutions. Dyer for Routledge is a like for like change so no qualms there. Bringing on Taylor was a cautious move but didn't hinder us. Christian Maggio is a very attacking full-back and he needs to be tracked up and down the pitch. Taylor did that very well. At that point our primary aim was to stop Napoli scoring and we were doing a bloody good job of it until they caught a fortunate deflection.

Garry Monk selected a team that went to Naples and for 78 minutes outplayed Napoli and were doing enough to progress. Their striker buried his opportunity while ours didn't. The pattern of the play and the statistics (I don't know how you can have 3x as many shots on target as your opponents yet somehow get your tactics horribly wrong) show we were the better team they were just more clinical.

I know you've got some kind of agenda when you downplay our improved performances. FFS just four days earlier we went blow for blow with the best attack in the Premier League and almost came out on top.

TL;DR: You're talking sh*te, Warwick.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 01:20 - Feb 28 with 1578 viewsWarwickHunt

OK - we didn't sit back, it was "blatantly obvious" that Rangel was injured (fancy a wager that he'll start on Sunday?), we had really really bad luck (yet again) and Emnes is the new Messi...

A game we had in the bag on the hour (Everton, despite our best efforts to throw it, was also eminently winnable if we'd used the bench properly for the last 30) but blew it.

Still, at least now we can concentrate on the league.

We've obviously been a lot sharper and quicker lately but I'm not jumping on the Monk Messiah bandwagon just yet. Some poor decisions tonight, however you slice it.
La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 02:44 - Feb 28 with 1530 viewsDrizzy

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 01:20 - Feb 28 by WarwickHunt

OK - we didn't sit back, it was "blatantly obvious" that Rangel was injured (fancy a wager that he'll start on Sunday?), we had really really bad luck (yet again) and Emnes is the new Messi...

A game we had in the bag on the hour (Everton, despite our best efforts to throw it, was also eminently winnable if we'd used the bench properly for the last 30) but blew it.

Still, at least now we can concentrate on the league.

We've obviously been a lot sharper and quicker lately but I'm not jumping on the Monk Messiah bandwagon just yet. Some poor decisions tonight, however you slice it.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 05:50 - Feb 28 with 1471 viewsDr_Winston

La Gazzetta Napoli v Swansea Giornata discussione- The Official Match day Thread on 22:32 - Feb 27 by Darran

Doesn't make him wrong.

Sitting back from 20/25 minutes out is straight out of the Rodgers playbook. We'd have been better off trying to stay on the front foot instead of trying to hold onto anything.

It's his first misstep as manager and hopefully one he'll learn from.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024