Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
oh for chris'sakes!! 21:56 - Mar 18 with 5923 viewsAlexF

"Second yellow card to Matthew Lund (Rochdale) for excessive celebration."

After all the cards this season. Is there a plot to try and exclude an 'unfashionable' club?
Sickening.

Brilliant result for the lads all the same.

Respect to Accy for a great result, and thank you Plymouth, glad its not just us that hate the south coast!
oh for chris'sakes!! on 21:57 - Mar 18 with 4111 viewsYouTubeDale

Can we appeal ??

Didn't go over the advertising boards. I wonder what was excessive about it.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

oh for chris'sakes!! on 21:59 - Mar 18 with 4089 viewsDaleaholic

Who's Chris?

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

oh for chris'sakes!! on 21:59 - Mar 18 with 4082 viewsSuddenLad

oh for chris'sakes!! on 21:57 - Mar 18 by YouTubeDale

Can we appeal ??

No appeals procedure for yellow cards.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:00 - Mar 18 with 4049 viewsAlexF

oh for chris'sakes!! on 21:59 - Mar 18 by Daleaholic

Who's Chris?

some geezer who wasnt good with crosses who should have a 't' on the end of his name...
oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:01 - Mar 18 with 4031 views442Dale

oh for chris'sakes!! on 21:57 - Mar 18 by YouTubeDale

Can we appeal ??

Thes no rule about going over the advertising boards. You can't go into the supporters gathered at the board either - not that he definitely did, we haven't seen it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:01 - Mar 18 with 4031 viewsD_Alien

oh for chris'sakes!! on 21:59 - Mar 18 by Daleaholic

Who's Chris?

And there's two of 'em!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:03 - Mar 18 with 3980 viewsmikehunt

Yeah. Absolute bob rule to book players for celebrating with their own fans. I pay my money to see my players and want to be able to celebrate with them. High time that rule changed. Allow 30 secs to a minute for "reasonable" celebration. What's wrong with that ?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:13 - Mar 18 with 3869 viewsSuddenLad

I always thought rule related to 'excessive celebrations' which involved unnecessary wasting time or leaving the playing area for a lengthy period.

Bit of a poor do if you can't celebrate scoring a goal in front of your own travelling supporters.

Whatever happened to logic and common sense. I always thought Boyeson was one of the better referees.

Login to get fewer ads

oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:47 - Mar 18 with 3679 views442Dale

oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:13 - Mar 18 by SuddenLad

I always thought rule related to 'excessive celebrations' which involved unnecessary wasting time or leaving the playing area for a lengthy period.

Bit of a poor do if you can't celebrate scoring a goal in front of your own travelling supporters.

Whatever happened to logic and common sense. I always thought Boyeson was one of the better referees.

Having seen it on Sky, you can't blame the ref - Lund goes into the fans (although there weren't may of them at the front!). If anything I'd like to know how the ref decided Lund was booked and Bunney wasn't. Was it cos he followed Lund?!

oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:51 - Mar 18 with 3635 viewsColDale

oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:47 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

Having seen it on Sky, you can't blame the ref - Lund goes into the fans (although there weren't may of them at the front!). If anything I'd like to know how the ref decided Lund was booked and Bunney wasn't. Was it cos he followed Lund?!

its always the goalscorer. There's been goals in the past where there's been eight or nine players celebrating in the crowd, yet just the scorer gets booked.
oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:56 - Mar 18 with 3586 viewsmacro

Unfortunately to the letter of the law the ref is right, he was waiting with his yellow as soon as Lund was with the fans
oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:58 - Mar 18 with 3571 views442Dale

oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:56 - Mar 18 by macro

Unfortunately to the letter of the law the ref is right, he was waiting with his yellow as soon as Lund was with the fans

He can't do anything else or risk losing marks and potentially affecting his own position.

oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:59 - Mar 18 with 3564 viewsD_Dale

oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:13 - Mar 18 by SuddenLad

Was it Boyeson (who seems to me to have some tetchy and erratic games) and not, as previewed by TVOS and listed in the BBC match details, Mark Heywood (normally a fairly steady moderate user of cards)?

But however ridiculous the rule might be (though it can annoy when opposing sides celebrate excessively) it is well known, and long established (in 2001, one of the few pleasures of that 1-7 thrashing by Shrewsbury was seeing Rodgers sent off after his third goal). Professional players, especially if already on a yellow - yes, you, Mr Lund - shouldn't deliberately flout the rules.
oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:00 - Mar 18 with 3534 viewsSuddenLad

oh for chris'sakes!! on 22:59 - Mar 18 by D_Dale

Was it Boyeson (who seems to me to have some tetchy and erratic games) and not, as previewed by TVOS and listed in the BBC match details, Mark Heywood (normally a fairly steady moderate user of cards)?

But however ridiculous the rule might be (though it can annoy when opposing sides celebrate excessively) it is well known, and long established (in 2001, one of the few pleasures of that 1-7 thrashing by Shrewsbury was seeing Rodgers sent off after his third goal). Professional players, especially if already on a yellow - yes, you, Mr Lund - shouldn't deliberately flout the rules.

I think that's my error. It was Mark Heywood. Sorry for misleading you. I'm sure I heard Boyeson mentioned on the radio.

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:02 - Mar 18 with 3514 viewsRotherhamDale

Lund's fault. He knows the rules. Hopefully it won't happen again.

Terrific result and well done to him for getting his 3rd goal in 2 games

Possession with progression.

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:06 - Mar 18 with 3473 viewsSwissdale

Whilst it is the letter of the law, surely common sense should prevail. Having seen the incident on sky sports it was hardly hazardous of Lund to hug the two fans stood at the barrier.

I don't agree with the rule at all (nor do I think you should be booked for taking your shirt off). Football is about passion and it's great to know goals mean as much to the players as they do to fans.
oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:08 - Mar 18 with 3437 views442Dale

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:06 - Mar 18 by Swissdale

Whilst it is the letter of the law, surely common sense should prevail. Having seen the incident on sky sports it was hardly hazardous of Lund to hug the two fans stood at the barrier.

I don't agree with the rule at all (nor do I think you should be booked for taking your shirt off). Football is about passion and it's great to know goals mean as much to the players as they do to fans.

But how can't the ref show common sense when he risks his own future by doing so? It was a correct decision and if we'd have lost because a player avoided a second yellow and went on to score a winner, we'd be justifiably annoyed.

Change the rules or follow them.

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:12 - Mar 18 with 3402 viewsAlexF

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:08 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

But how can't the ref show common sense when he risks his own future by doing so? It was a correct decision and if we'd have lost because a player avoided a second yellow and went on to score a winner, we'd be justifiably annoyed.

agree with all this, but the harsh cards seem to have consistently come our way this season. Guess I'm just frustrated coz we cant afford to lose Matty in this run-in.
oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:15 - Mar 18 with 3367 views442Dale

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:12 - Mar 18 by AlexF

agree with all this, but the harsh cards seem to have consistently come our way this season. Guess I'm just frustrated coz we cant afford to lose Matty in this run-in.

One game. Chance for Kennedy on Saturday. He played better alongside Cavanagh at the end of last season rather than trying to play Cavanagh's role.

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:17 - Mar 18 with 3349 viewsJimmyRustler

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:08 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

Rules are all about interpretation though. Would the ref have really lost marks if he hadn't booked Lund? I doubt their fans/manager would have been up in arms about it.
oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:20 - Mar 18 with 3339 viewsolympicdale

There is no room for passion in the game, in the eyes of the referees.

Life is a game of fate.

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:24 - Mar 18 with 3311 views442Dale

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:17 - Mar 18 by JimmyRustler

Rules are all about interpretation though. Would the ref have really lost marks if he hadn't booked Lund? I doubt their fans/manager would have been up in arms about it.

Would we be up in arms if the scenario above happened? And yes, he'd have lost marks.

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:28 - Mar 18 with 3284 viewsRotherhamDale

It's not as if it's an unknown rule. It's happened for 10+ years now. No debate about the decision. The ref has to follow the rules.

Possession with progression.

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:49 - Mar 18 with 3214 viewsdingdangblue

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:24 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

Would we be up in arms if the scenario above happened? And yes, he'd have lost marks.

Referees are advised to book players 'for leaving the field of play whilst celebrating'. Now that happens loads - and yellow cards are barely ever issued. Lund celebrated his goal with the crowd at Accrington away and wasn't booked as did Vincenti when he scored his rocket v Newport.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2014 23:57]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

oh for chris'sakes!! on 00:04 - Mar 19 with 3153 viewsJimmyRustler

oh for chris'sakes!! on 23:24 - Mar 18 by 442Dale

As long as they don't come over to us giving it the big 'un (Redshaw) then I honestly couldn't care less.

Who assesses the performances? I have absolutely no idea how it works!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024