Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history 08:11 - Apr 27 with 16612 viewsParlay

Garry Monk achieved the best points per game ratio than any other Swansea Premier League manager in history after the win against Aston Villa. Even more impressive is he has managed it with a squad about to play its 60th game in the coming fortnight.

Garry Monk - 1.25 points per game (47.5 pts per 38 game season)

Brendan Rodgers - 1.23 points per game (47 pts per 38 game season)

Michael Laudrup - 1.12 points per game (42.5 pts per 38 game season)

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:19 - Apr 27 with 5217 viewsNOTRAC

That is the biggest distortion of statistics that I have seen on this board.How can you use a fifteen match sequence to compare with a whole season.One of the major reasons that we have won our last two games is that we have had a settled side composed of our best players.
There can be no doubt now that our European adventure caused us major problems because of an inadequate squad and injuries.
Our best team has always been capable of mid table or above.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:27 - Apr 27 with 5238 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:19 - Apr 27 by NOTRAC

That is the biggest distortion of statistics that I have seen on this board.How can you use a fifteen match sequence to compare with a whole season.One of the major reasons that we have won our last two games is that we have had a settled side composed of our best players.
There can be no doubt now that our European adventure caused us major problems because of an inadequate squad and injuries.
Our best team has always been capable of mid table or above.

No distortion of stats at all.

This is a points per game ratio. There is no projections involved what so ever.

The only projection is the bracketed stat, but that is more a visual guide.

Rodgers only had two thirds of a season more than monk lets not forget.

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:32 - Apr 27 with 5217 viewsdgt73

Interesting stats there parlay, not that you can draw to many conclusions from, other than the nonsense some people were saying regarding Monks credentials to become full time manager.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:33 - Apr 27 with 5218 viewsorion3016

I find that incredible, and with 2 winnable games left it should end higher
Still don't think he'll be in charge next season though

Be over there now after

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:42 - Apr 27 with 5190 viewsParlay

Lot of nonsense on here for sure.

The fact he has never managed before, took over what seemed to be a split dressing room, a squad down on morale, had to change the style of play and lift a side that has played 20% more games than mostly anyone else in the league....

Yet still managed to maintain and better the form of our previous seasons is incredible.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 8:43]

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:44 - Apr 27 with 5176 viewsDrizzle

The stats don't reflect who Monks games were against. A fairer way would to use Laudrup and Rodgers points per game, for the same number of games, against the same opposition, as far as it is possible to do that.
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:47 - Apr 27 with 5149 viewsdgt73

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:42 - Apr 27 by Parlay

Lot of nonsense on here for sure.

The fact he has never managed before, took over what seemed to be a split dressing room, a squad down on morale, had to change the style of play and lift a side that has played 20% more games than mostly anyone else in the league....

Yet still managed to maintain and better the form of our previous seasons is incredible.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 8:43]

Stats over a short period of time proves very little, other wise giggs would have the best ever win rate for a man utd manager.

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:52 - Apr 27 with 5132 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:47 - Apr 27 by dgt73

Stats over a short period of time proves very little, other wise giggs would have the best ever win rate for a man utd manager.

All our managers in the Prem have been short stints.

Brendan only managed 20 odd games more.

We have what we have to go on, it will change per game but asof this moment he is ahead of the rate.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:54 - Apr 27 with 5126 viewsDrizzle

I can think of at least two games that Laudrup won last season that Monk either lost or drew this season. I'm guessing that Laudrups points per games for the corresponding games last season was higher than Monks, making ML our best ever manager, if we are going to insist on using valueless statistics. Its possible to bend data into a myriad of shapes.( No Star Trek jokes please)
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 8:57]
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:56 - Apr 27 with 5113 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:44 - Apr 27 by Drizzle

The stats don't reflect who Monks games were against. A fairer way would to use Laudrup and Rodgers points per game, for the same number of games, against the same opposition, as far as it is possible to do that.

I think he has had a pretty even spread of top middle and bottom sides over a spell of 12 games.

After checking he couldn't have had a more even split.

6 top 10 teams (including the top 2)

and 6 bottom 10 teams

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:56 - Apr 27 with 5110 views3swan

Well done Garry.

It just goes to prove yet again that stats on their own can be used as a positive or negative. They can be a guide only as there are many things that can affect them.
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:58 - Apr 27 with 5095 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:54 - Apr 27 by Drizzle

I can think of at least two games that Laudrup won last season that Monk either lost or drew this season. I'm guessing that Laudrups points per games for the corresponding games last season was higher than Monks, making ML our best ever manager, if we are going to insist on using valueless statistics. Its possible to bend data into a myriad of shapes.( No Star Trek jokes please)
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 8:57]

Managers are judged on every game they manage not just a select few.

Its not monks fault he hasnt been in charge longer, but so far he is ahead of rate of both managers.

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:59 - Apr 27 with 5087 viewsdgt73

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:52 - Apr 27 by Parlay

All our managers in the Prem have been short stints.

Brendan only managed 20 odd games more.

We have what we have to go on, it will change per game but asof this moment he is ahead of the rate.

And that's my point, as Swansea haven't spent much time in the PL, comparing stats from Rodgers and laudrup to monks prove very little and am sure Huw Jenkins will take many more factors into account before making a decision on the managers job.

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:01 - Apr 27 with 5079 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:59 - Apr 27 by dgt73

And that's my point, as Swansea haven't spent much time in the PL, comparing stats from Rodgers and laudrup to monks prove very little and am sure Huw Jenkins will take many more factors into account before making a decision on the managers job.

It simply proves that Monk is picking up points at a greater rate so far than the other two.

Time may change that but as of now he is doing exactly what we have come to expect of a fully firing Swansea.

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:02 - Apr 27 with 5075 viewsDrizzle

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 08:58 - Apr 27 by Parlay

Managers are judged on every game they manage not just a select few.

Its not monks fault he hasnt been in charge longer, but so far he is ahead of rate of both managers.

'So far' is irrelevant. Ryan Giggs best premier league manager of all time?Won every single game 4-0. Legend.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 9:02]
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:24 - Apr 27 with 4986 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:02 - Apr 27 by Drizzle

'So far' is irrelevant. Ryan Giggs best premier league manager of all time?Won every single game 4-0. Legend.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 9:02]

Thats a little obtuce. One game is a little silly isnt it.

A third of a season seems a decent starting point and usually an amount people give to judge how a manager has started.

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:26 - Apr 27 with 4978 viewsDrizzle

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:24 - Apr 27 by Parlay

Thats a little obtuce. One game is a little silly isnt it.

A third of a season seems a decent starting point and usually an amount people give to judge how a manager has started.

Its not Ryan Giggs fault hes only played one game.
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:31 - Apr 27 with 4955 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:26 - Apr 27 by Drizzle

Its not Ryan Giggs fault hes only played one game.

But unluckily for him he hasnt reached double figures of management yet which is a nice starting point to do a conversion.

12 games is enough to make a team safe from survival with 36 points.

Once you have played enough games to dicatate a seasons goals then i think thats a fair amount of games.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 9:32]

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:36 - Apr 27 with 4928 viewsDrizzle

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:31 - Apr 27 by Parlay

But unluckily for him he hasnt reached double figures of management yet which is a nice starting point to do a conversion.

12 games is enough to make a team safe from survival with 36 points.

Once you have played enough games to dicatate a seasons goals then i think thats a fair amount of games.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 9:32]

Luckily, what you think is also irrelevant.
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:39 - Apr 27 with 4908 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:36 - Apr 27 by Drizzle

Luckily, what you think is also irrelevant.

Its not at all.

Swansea's initial goal is safety every season. Once a manager plays the required amount of games in which if won will achieve that season long goal then that is indeed enough.

If you wish to think otherwise then that is your right, however history and common sense agrees with me.

Not many managers have been judged on one game and been sacked as a result, many have had a third of a season before the judgement axe swings.

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:42 - Apr 27 with 4850 viewsNOTRAC

It always seems that any arguments used on here to illustrate Gary Monks abilities as a manager,usually suggest that when he took over from Michael Laudrup we were down and out.
Excuse me for recalling but
a) weren't we still in the F A Cup after beating Man Utd at Old Trafford
b)weren't we still in the Europa Cup after beating Valencia away
c)weren't we 13th in the league.
Yes we had played badly against West Ham away.But that was our fifth game in twelve days.Not many teams have gone to West Ham and done well anyway.
Look I am not decrying Gary Monks achievements.He appears to be learning and has now instilled stability into team selection.Perhaps he should be given the chance to continue.
But this continual decrying of Laudrup does get me down.
Laudrup was as good a manager for us as any we have had.His achievements stand credence with those of Martinez and Rodgers.He won us a major trophy for the first time in our history for goodness sake.
Praise Monk by all means, but let's stop treating Laudrups management as a disaster, for that it most certainly wasn't!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:43 - Apr 27 with 4885 viewsDrizzle

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:39 - Apr 27 by Parlay

Its not at all.

Swansea's initial goal is safety every season. Once a manager plays the required amount of games in which if won will achieve that season long goal then that is indeed enough.

If you wish to think otherwise then that is your right, however history and common sense agrees with me.

Not many managers have been judged on one game and been sacked as a result, many have had a third of a season before the judgement axe swings.

History and common sense may or may not agree with you. I have a set of data that disagrees with you. I will stick with the facts.
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:47 - Apr 27 with 4861 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:42 - Apr 27 by NOTRAC

It always seems that any arguments used on here to illustrate Gary Monks abilities as a manager,usually suggest that when he took over from Michael Laudrup we were down and out.
Excuse me for recalling but
a) weren't we still in the F A Cup after beating Man Utd at Old Trafford
b)weren't we still in the Europa Cup after beating Valencia away
c)weren't we 13th in the league.
Yes we had played badly against West Ham away.But that was our fifth game in twelve days.Not many teams have gone to West Ham and done well anyway.
Look I am not decrying Gary Monks achievements.He appears to be learning and has now instilled stability into team selection.Perhaps he should be given the chance to continue.
But this continual decrying of Laudrup does get me down.
Laudrup was as good a manager for us as any we have had.His achievements stand credence with those of Martinez and Rodgers.He won us a major trophy for the first time in our history for goodness sake.
Praise Monk by all means, but let's stop treating Laudrups management as a disaster, for that it most certainly wasn't!

When Monk took over we had 24 points from 24 games. A point a game. It wasn't a disaster but there was very little in the way of encouragement coming from performances, and in fact they were getting worse.

Since then we have achieved 15 in 12 games and when the squad should be more and more tired we look increasingly like the Swansea of old.

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:49 - Apr 27 with 4848 viewsParlay

If your data is different to mine then simply it is wrong.

The facts say Monks record is better than the Rodgers and Laudrup so far.

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:49 - Apr 27 with 4846 viewsDrizzle

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 09:47 - Apr 27 by Parlay

When Monk took over we had 24 points from 24 games. A point a game. It wasn't a disaster but there was very little in the way of encouragement coming from performances, and in fact they were getting worse.

Since then we have achieved 15 in 12 games and when the squad should be more and more tired we look increasingly like the Swansea of old.

Yes we definitely looked like the Swansea of old when we lost a game 2-1 vs West Brom that we romped 3-1 under Laudrup and 3-0 under Rodgers.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 9:54]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024