Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history 08:11 - Apr 27 with 16621 viewsParlay

Garry Monk achieved the best points per game ratio than any other Swansea Premier League manager in history after the win against Aston Villa. Even more impressive is he has managed it with a squad about to play its 60th game in the coming fortnight.

Garry Monk - 1.25 points per game (47.5 pts per 38 game season)

Brendan Rodgers - 1.23 points per game (47 pts per 38 game season)

Michael Laudrup - 1.12 points per game (42.5 pts per 38 game season)

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:18 - Apr 27 with 1158 viewsDrizzle

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:17 - Apr 27 by Parlay

No i didnt, i gave a figure based on common sense, logic and historical trends.

You see its all subjective. I haven't even stated my view on here, just highlighted the perils of trying to use numbers to validate ones opinion.
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:20 - Apr 27 with 1149 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:18 - Apr 27 by WarwickHunt

Spot on. Utterly meaningless.

Still, it's Dimi. Bless him.
His carer must have the day off.

Oh you cut to the core

"Spot on" by wanting to compare a result against liverpool last year and liverpool this year.

Jesus

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:23 - Apr 27 with 1142 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:18 - Apr 27 by Drizzle

You see its all subjective. I haven't even stated my view on here, just highlighted the perils of trying to use numbers to validate ones opinion.

There isnt any perils if you do it properly... Like me

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:33 - Apr 27 with 1125 viewsJACKARSE

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:23 - Apr 27 by Parlay

There isnt any perils if you do it properly... Like me

Move on

This is pointless, use your energy on something constructive, statistics is not an exact science unless you have exactly the same conditions to compare which is impossible

Have a nice day
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:35 - Apr 27 with 1115 viewskopperburgjack

Surely monk deserves to wear the suit for the last home game? #MonkForTheSuit

Win, draw or lose.. Jacks are on the booze

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:36 - Apr 27 with 1098 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:33 - Apr 27 by JACKARSE

Move on

This is pointless, use your energy on something constructive, statistics is not an exact science unless you have exactly the same conditions to compare which is impossible

Have a nice day

It is not needing of energy to make the simple point that so far he is ahead of the rate set by both previous managers.

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:36 - Apr 27 with 1097 views3swan

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:33 - Apr 27 by JACKARSE

Move on

Have a nice day

Exactly, and in football the same conditions never apply
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:39 - Apr 27 with 1085 viewsJACKARSE

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:36 - Apr 27 by Parlay

It is not needing of energy to make the simple point that so far he is ahead of the rate set by both previous managers.

Move on

What part of 'Have a nice day' don't you understand .....
Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:41 - Apr 27 with 1071 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:39 - Apr 27 by JACKARSE

Move on

What part of 'Have a nice day' don't you understand .....

I am having a nice day.

Its nice to show how well monk is doing to a group of people wanting the opposite.

Move on, the facts wont change.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 11:42]

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:45 - Apr 27 with 1055 viewsJACKARSE

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:41 - Apr 27 by Parlay

I am having a nice day.

Its nice to show how well monk is doing to a group of people wanting the opposite.

Move on, the facts wont change.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 11:42]

He's done OK, some good some bad.
Can't be said to be the best manager SCFC have ever had - that's stupid mun.
Pleased your having a nice day ..... I was being polite.
Move on .....
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:48 - Apr 27 with 1038 viewsexiledclaseboy

I could feel myself ageing reading this thread.

Poll: Tory leader

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:49 - Apr 27 with 1035 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:45 - Apr 27 by JACKARSE

He's done OK, some good some bad.
Can't be said to be the best manager SCFC have ever had - that's stupid mun.
Pleased your having a nice day ..... I was being polite.
Move on .....

I didnt say he was the best manager in our history.

I said he has the best points to games ratio in our Premier League history thus far.

If he keeps it up then he will have the greatest domestic season (38 game tenure) in our Premier league history, he is a thrd of the way there.

They are facts not opinions.

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:49 - Apr 27 with 1033 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:48 - Apr 27 by exiledclaseboy

It's a bit special - even by Dimi's standards.
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:53 - Apr 27 with 999 viewsjaf69

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:48 - Apr 27 by exiledclaseboy

I feel your pain.

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:55 - Apr 27 with 986 viewsSpratty

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:20 - Apr 27 by Parlay

Oh you cut to the core

"Spot on" by wanting to compare a result against liverpool last year and liverpool this year.

Jesus

Yes let's look at form - lets look where we actually lost or gained points:

Being beaten by West Brom in catastrophic form

Thrashing Newcastle at home in their best form of the season (2 points from 2nd) Vs scrapping a win against them in their worst form of the season and allowing them to score their 1st goal for 5 games.

Or beating Norwich and Cardiff both in shocking form

Yet GM cannot still even manage 80% of the PL points gained last year by ML in the like for like fixtures. Let us remember we were also winning the COC at that time too.

Like for like is indeed not ideal for all the reasons stated but overall it gives a far better comparison than random selection.

What GM has achieved he has done with ML's team (the quality of which recognised by pundits as a major reason why the vast majority repeatedly said we would not go down).

You laughingly try and project the major obstacles ML had to face with major key injuries and 50% more packed fixtures; onto the GM period with much more time between fixtures, 2 weeks break before West Brom and a virtually fully fit team.

However perhaps unsurprising because it seems from many of your posts if not on a windup that projection is a large trait of your being.
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:57 - Apr 27 with 984 viewsexiledclaseboy

Ah f*ck, now Spratty's involved. All we need now is for Liberty to start whining about down arrows and bullying and we'll have the perfect boring internet conversation.

Poll: Tory leader

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 12:00 - Apr 27 with 974 viewsswancity

Garry monk has been a revelation. A breath of fresh air

What is sad is that some cannot say a nice word about him. You know who you are Warwick.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 12:01 - Apr 27 with 972 viewsParlay

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:49 - Apr 27 by WarwickHunt

It's a bit special - even by Dimi's standards.

Bet you were gutted when we won yesterday.

Unlucky.

Forum celebrity

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 12:09 - Apr 27 with 957 viewsSpratty

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:57 - Apr 27 by exiledclaseboy

Ah f*ck, now Spratty's involved. All we need now is for Liberty to start whining about down arrows and bullying and we'll have the perfect boring internet conversation.

Why thank you ECB

Congratulations on being so superior and continually reinforcing it to yourself
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 12:14 - Apr 27 with 952 viewsSpratty

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 12:01 - Apr 27 by Parlay

Unlucky.

There we go more projection

The only person I am aware who has said they would hope we don't do well is one who said this would be the case if Monk was replaced.
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 12:19 - Apr 27 with 937 viewsDarran

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 11:57 - Apr 27 by exiledclaseboy

He's only logged on to stick up for his beloved Mikey.

Seriously though it's disturbing.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 12:20 - Apr 27 with 936 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 12:00 - Apr 27 by swancity

Garry monk has been a revelation. A breath of fresh air

What is sad is that some cannot say a nice word about him. You know who you are Warwick.

Aye aye, Mrs Monk's got her pinny off.

I don't have a problem with Monk, I just don't think he's ready to be our next manager.

ps Here's a Kleenex, wipe his jizz off your chops.
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 12:21 - Apr 27 with 931 viewsWarwickHunt

Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 12:01 - Apr 27 by Parlay

Unlucky.

Wrong again, f*ckwit.

Log off and play with your train set, there's a good lad.
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 12:25 - Apr 27 with 922 viewsDrizzle

If I earned $4m a year this is how Id spend my Sunday afternoons.
Garry Monk - best managerial record for Swansea in Prem history on 12:32 - Apr 27 with 893 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Even in ML's best year with the prolific goal scoring Michu playing for him he only managed 1.21 points per game, so all this talk of Injuries and congestion doesn't cut much ice does it.
As to it being "ML's Team" that GM used, he has them playing better football than they were when he took over, but I expect that was just luck.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2014 12:34]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024