Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next seasons kit 19:33 - May 2 with 6713 viewsblackpoolcol

Hope its not the black and white strip that St Mirren have got!

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=32808

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

Next seasons kit on 19:36 - May 2 with 4845 viewsboromat

I have a feeling the players will have their input this time so kits have to be better than this last years kits.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Next seasons kit on 19:37 - May 2 with 4843 views442Dale

I'm amazed we haven't at least seen a picture of our kit, it's all about creating interest in the launch.

The St Mirren one looks awful, but credit to them for going somewhere different within their kit framework. Keeping the predominant color as white helps too. This is an exact science....

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Next seasons kit on 19:43 - May 2 with 4823 viewspnc4eva1

Heard it was going to be blue and black diamonds

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Next seasons kit on 19:50 - May 2 with 4795 viewsisitme

I spoke to Jack last Saturday and asked him about next season's kit. He didn't give anything away but said it looked good and that there shouldn't be any kit clashes next season.

I would have thought with promotion and confirmation of the shirt sponsorship deal it was an ideal time to launch next season's kits?
[Post edited 2 May 2014 19:53]
Next seasons kit on 19:51 - May 2 with 4776 views49thseason

Pink it is then!
Next seasons kit on 20:07 - May 2 with 4730 viewsTalkingSutty

Next seasons kit on 19:37 - May 2 by 442Dale

I'm amazed we haven't at least seen a picture of our kit, it's all about creating interest in the launch.

The St Mirren one looks awful, but credit to them for going somewhere different within their kit framework. Keeping the predominant color as white helps too. This is an exact science....

I asked a member of staff today who served me in the club shop and he stated he knows nothing about the kit or when it will arrive.
Of course they will start communicating with the fans when they want us to dig deep and buy one. The fact they haven't even consulted their customers is about right and the reason why i wont be buying a couple. I hate being taken for granted, they wont get my money.
Next seasons kit on 20:12 - May 2 with 4711 viewsfrenzied

as long as its not like the Bolton away kit..im sure they called it infra red on the football league show last week...
Next seasons kit on 20:26 - May 2 with 4671 views442Dale

Next seasons kit on 20:07 - May 2 by TalkingSutty

I asked a member of staff today who served me in the club shop and he stated he knows nothing about the kit or when it will arrive.
Of course they will start communicating with the fans when they want us to dig deep and buy one. The fact they haven't even consulted their customers is about right and the reason why i wont be buying a couple. I hate being taken for granted, they wont get my money.

Just out of interest, would the involvement of supporters throughout the whole kit development/choice process increase the likelihood of you purchasing a shirt?

Login to get fewer ads

Next seasons kit on 20:32 - May 2 with 4648 viewsboromat

I think there are enough things going on at the moment to keep us fans occupied save the kit launch for a week or two at the very least when we're all bored on a Saturday during closed season.

Next seasons kit on 20:43 - May 2 with 4615 viewsTVOS1907

Next seasons kit on 19:50 - May 2 by isitme

I spoke to Jack last Saturday and asked him about next season's kit. He didn't give anything away but said it looked good and that there shouldn't be any kit clashes next season.

I would have thought with promotion and confirmation of the shirt sponsorship deal it was an ideal time to launch next season's kits?
[Post edited 2 May 2014 19:53]

Presuming he meant the home kit, it's other teams clashing with us, not us clashing with them!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Next seasons kit on 20:56 - May 2 with 4572 views442Dale

Next seasons kit on 20:32 - May 2 by boromat

I think there are enough things going on at the moment to keep us fans occupied save the kit launch for a week or two at the very least when we're all bored on a Saturday during closed season.

Imagine the shirt sales if the kit had been planned for a launch before the last home game....

Anyway, there appears to be too much concern about the clashing issue. That's easy to solve and should have little to do with producing an effective home strip that will sell well.

Next seasons kit on 20:56 - May 2 with 4566 viewsDale23years

Next seasons kit on 19:37 - May 2 by 442Dale

Have United fans seen there new kit yet, have city fans seen there new kit yet , have Oldham fans seen there new kit yet, have Burnley fans seen there new kit yet, the season not even finish yet and your moaning about next year kit give it a rest FFS.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Next seasons kit on 20:58 - May 2 with 4554 viewsDaley_Lama

Next seasons kit on 20:56 - May 2 by 442Dale

Imagine the shirt sales if the kit had been planned for a launch before the last home game....

Anyway, there appears to be too much concern about the clashing issue. That's easy to solve and should have little to do with producing an effective home strip that will sell well.

I don't think selling next seasons kit during this season is ever going to happen to be honest.

Poll: DF in or out

Next seasons kit on 21:05 - May 2 with 4528 views442Dale

Next seasons kit on 20:56 - May 2 by Dale23years

Have United fans seen there new kit yet, have city fans seen there new kit yet , have Oldham fans seen there new kit yet, have Burnley fans seen there new kit yet, the season not even finish yet and your moaning about next year kit give it a rest FFS.

No moaning, just expressing an opinion that if a kit had been chosen could a picture of the design have not been released already?

Teams like United and City are tied into deals with Nike and their kit promotions will have already been planned. Burnley released a special one-off kit last week which was a clever idea. Oldham are FILA too, unless they've moved on, so maybe both clubs will see an announcement soon?

Next seasons kit on 21:09 - May 2 with 4516 viewsboromat

Next seasons kit on 20:58 - May 2 by Daley_Lama

I don't think selling next seasons kit during this season is ever going to happen to be honest.

A lot of people moan about having new kits every season so bringing them out early every year would make it worse, no?

Plus how many current shirts do you reckon we've sold in the last month? I bet its a lot more than we normally would do at this time in the season. They'd sold out of boys kits a few week ago. This time in season should be used for getting rid of stock that will be out of date in a few month.

Next seasons kit on 21:15 - May 2 with 4492 views442Dale

Next seasons kit on 20:58 - May 2 by Daley_Lama

08-09 kit planned to be worn in last league game,also info on it going on sale (before understandable fan backlash)
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/844/common-sense-prevails-as
If we'd started selling the blue/black stripes, the sales of black/white for Wembley may have been affected.

11-12 kit on sale in April http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/12-Kits/rochdale-2011-2012-carbrini-footb
I bought the hooped socks. They were ace.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 21:28]

Next seasons kit on 21:18 - May 2 with 4484 viewsTalkingSutty

Next seasons kit on 20:26 - May 2 by 442Dale

Just out of interest, would the involvement of supporters throughout the whole kit development/choice process increase the likelihood of you purchasing a shirt?

Without a doubt, i don't part with the thick end of 100 quid for two shirts out of sympathy.
Why wouldn't they consult supporters, i don't understand that?

I am not bothered about buying the shirt over the next few weeks, i dont understand why there is no consultation regarding what the customers/ fans would like to buy in conjunction with what the manager and staff want.

Utd/City fans dont have a say in anything and those who purchase the shirts to support the clubs from the pub will buy anything to appear as though they are attached to success so what the Manchester clubs do is nothing to do with us.

300 supporters who dont buy a shirt is a lot of money to us but to the Premiership clubs it doesn't matter,so speaking to fans is important.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Next seasons kit on 21:18 - May 2 with 4482 viewsTVOS1907

Next seasons kit on 21:15 - May 2 by 442Dale

08-09 kit planned to be worn in last league game,also info on it going on sale (before understandable fan backlash)
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/844/common-sense-prevails-as
If we'd started selling the blue/black stripes, the sales of black/white for Wembley may have been affected.

11-12 kit on sale in April http://www.footballshirtculture.com/11/12-Kits/rochdale-2011-2012-carbrini-footb
I bought the hooped socks. They were ace.
[Post edited 2 May 2014 21:28]

Did you make beer with them?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Next seasons kit on 21:24 - May 2 with 4469 views442Dale

Next seasons kit on 21:09 - May 2 by boromat

A lot of people moan about having new kits every season so bringing them out early every year would make it worse, no?

Plus how many current shirts do you reckon we've sold in the last month? I bet its a lot more than we normally would do at this time in the season. They'd sold out of boys kits a few week ago. This time in season should be used for getting rid of stock that will be out of date in a few month.

I agree, they've made the correct decision to sell shirts at a discounted price recently http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/observer-voucher-1509187.aspx

Maybe discount them further and offer them for a tenner when bought with the new shirt? In a perfect world clubs would release one new shirt every year (kits on a two year cycle, home changes one year, away the next) but that doesn't happen much anymore. As it is, clubs like Dale need to capitalise on when people are at the ground most of the time (Centenary year excluded, that can be explained if necessary!), and with the recent kit sales run in conjunction with the Trust, if stock is priced right, it'll get people willing to buy.

Next seasons kit on 21:26 - May 2 with 4463 viewsArthurDaley

West Brom fans are feeling pretty piss*d off, with their new kit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2618600/West-Brom-kit-change-a

A large VAT Dave

Next seasons kit on 21:27 - May 2 with 4459 views442Dale

Next seasons kit on 21:18 - May 2 by TVOS1907

Did you make beer with them?

Yes. It came out blue and black.

#bastardautocorrect

Next seasons kit on 21:31 - May 2 with 4439 views442Dale

Next seasons kit on 21:26 - May 2 by ArthurDaley

West Brom fans are feeling pretty piss*d off, with their new kit

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2618600/West-Brom-kit-change-a

It's scandalous. As was Southampton going to red.

Most pleasing sight on the kit front in recent weeks? Cardiff starting to wear blue away from home and their fans all turning up with blue shirts and blue and white scarves in away ends. They could have easily worn yellow, but something happened which actually appears to have attempted to get fans on board.

Next seasons kit on 21:37 - May 2 with 4417 views442Dale

Next seasons kit on 21:18 - May 2 by TalkingSutty

Without a doubt, i don't part with the thick end of 100 quid for two shirts out of sympathy.
Why wouldn't they consult supporters, i don't understand that?

I am not bothered about buying the shirt over the next few weeks, i dont understand why there is no consultation regarding what the customers/ fans would like to buy in conjunction with what the manager and staff want.

Utd/City fans dont have a say in anything and those who purchase the shirts to support the clubs from the pub will buy anything to appear as though they are attached to success so what the Manchester clubs do is nothing to do with us.

300 supporters who dont buy a shirt is a lot of money to us but to the Premiership clubs it doesn't matter,so speaking to fans is important.

This post has been edited by an administrator

See that nail?

You just gave it one hell of a clout on the head.

Next seasons kit on 21:40 - May 2 with 4407 viewsSalwaDale

I say don't consult. This season is the first season I haven't bought a shirt. They're horrible and were chosen by us.

TBBT

Next seasons kit on 21:47 - May 2 with 4393 views442Dale

Next seasons kit on 21:40 - May 2 by SalwaDale

I say don't consult. This season is the first season I haven't bought a shirt. They're horrible and were chosen by us.

I think you posted that just for this......

All three choices were poor. As many fans said (please save us from finding the threads again!). Was there any fan input into the choices provided? (the same threads also contain different choices of shirts from different fans which gained a positive reaction)

The problems around far too much black, issues with the stripes and an away kit that managed to cause a) clashes and b) comparisions to Bury were expressed when the kit was launched. Consult, but consult properly - see 1996 for how this worked very well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024