Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Tuesday 18:46 - May 6 with 11481 viewsDale_Pea

Keith Hill has just done an interview on Radio Manchester for Ian Cheeseman's Manchester City programme, Blue Tuesday. Safe to say he REALLY laid into City for today's fine...

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Blue Tuesday on 19:11 - May 6 with 6807 views442Dale

And how did Cheeseman and co react?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Blue Tuesday on 19:13 - May 6 with 6797 views442Dale

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=296052&sid=9606f200d5edf76

Heh.

Blue Tuesday on 19:17 - May 6 with 6768 viewsDaley_Lama

Sadly I could not make it back for the esplanade presentation but...

....thankfully I heard this too.

Asked initially how he felt about being on Blue Tuesday, Hilly mustered "no comment"

Next question was how did it feel to get Rochdale promoted again. BOOM, blue touch paper. Hilly went straight for the throat, this is what football is all about, this is what achieving is, I hear that Man C are getting fined 50 million for over-spending, 50 MILLION, that's not football, that's just money, it's all about money, nobody talks about coaching, it's all about who can spend the most, build the biggest squad, have the biggest benefactor. That's achieving nothing, that's buying everything.

Or words very very similar to those.

Cheesy's response at the end when talking to Peter Barnes. "I suppose he has got some valid points, but Hilly is a United fan, never forget that"

Loved it.

Poll: DF in or out

Blue Tuesday on 19:21 - May 6 with 6738 views442Dale

Blue Tuesday on 19:17 - May 6 by Daley_Lama

Asked initially how he felt about being on Blue Tuesday, Hilly mustered "no comment"

Next question was how did it feel to get Rochdale promoted again. BOOM, blue touch paper. Hilly went straight for the throat, this is what football is all about, this is what achieving is, I hear that Man C are getting fined 50 million for over-spending, 50 MILLION, that's not football, that's just money, it's all about money, nobody talks about coaching, it's all about who can spend the most, build the biggest squad, have the biggest benefactor. That's achieving nothing, that's buying everything.

Cheesy's response at the end when talking to Peter Barnes. "I suppose he has got some valid points, but Hilly is a United fan, never forget that"

Loved it.

And that sums GMR up. The little mateytastic putting down of his comments with the United bit.

Didn't they bother trying to actually argue against him?

Blue Tuesday on 19:22 - May 6 with 6724 viewsSuddenLad

Loved it.

Fair summary and Barnes broadly agreed with Keith that money is the prime consideration which removes (or masks) much of the coaching ability because clubs just go and buy, buy, buy.

As Hilly said, if one of his players makes a mistake, he trusts them to learn from it and to put it right on the training field. Other teams simply buy a replacement and forget about the player who he replaced.

Spot on.

(Apart from anything else it was a ridiculous question ask on a night when Dale were celebrating our own success).
[Post edited 6 May 2014 19:25]

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Blue Tuesday on 19:32 - May 6 with 6648 viewsklmblue

Any chance of a link plz

up the dale and down with a Amstel hmmm lekker

Blue Tuesday on 20:24 - May 6 with 6429 viewsroccydaleian

Blue Tuesday on 19:32 - May 6 by klmblue

Any chance of a link plz

From about 32 mins in.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/mancity
Blue Tuesday on 20:29 - May 6 with 6386 viewsfitzochris

Blue Tuesday on 20:24 - May 6 by roccydaleian

From about 32 mins in.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/mancity

Haha. Awesome.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Tuesday on 20:35 - May 6 with 6355 viewsdingdangblue

"And are you gonna stick around this time Keith"? - "I stuck around last time, I stuck around for 4 and a half years, I stuck around for 9th place in League 1".

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Blue Tuesday on 22:09 - May 6 with 6063 viewsTVOS1907

Blue Tuesday on 19:21 - May 6 by 442Dale

And that sums GMR up. The little mateytastic putting down of his comments with the United bit.

Didn't they bother trying to actually argue against him?

I know the answer to that and I didn't even hear it.

Matey.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Blue Tuesday on 22:17 - May 6 with 6020 viewsTVOS1907

Loved it.

That would be Peter Barnes who played for City and, erm, United!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Blue Tuesday on 22:20 - May 6 with 6005 viewsBrighouseDale

I think I'm in love with Keith Hill. For a chap who's as mad as a box of frogs, he speaks so much sense, wicked sense of humour too.

Would imagine that if / when he becomes a Premiershi* manager the press will thrive on his controversial / straight talking* soundbites.

*delete as appropriate

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Blue Tuesday on 22:25 - May 6 with 5988 viewsnordenblue

Blue Tuesday on 22:20 - May 6 by BrighouseDale

I think I'm in love with Keith Hill. For a chap who's as mad as a box of frogs, he speaks so much sense, wicked sense of humour too.

Would imagine that if / when he becomes a Premiershi* manager the press will thrive on his controversial / straight talking* soundbites.

*delete as appropriate

Im sure theres a ceiling to Hillys possible jobs for several reasons and thats one of them for me,he also wants and expects full control of the club when manager,heres the problem with your big investing chairmen higher up the ladder.
Not a problem to me as hopefully it leads to him staying at Dale much longer
Blue Tuesday on 22:33 - May 6 with 5953 viewsBrighouseDale

Exactly, if he's not comfortable spending money that he doesn't have, let him take the reigns. Having said that, not everyone in the top flight is bankrolled by obscenely rich Arabs, I'm sure there are clubs up there who'd welcome his austerity.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Blue Tuesday on 10:51 - May 7 with 5628 viewsD_Alien

Totally agree with this.

One of the other - perhaps the major - reason is player attitudes.

We all know how good Hilly is at identifying and bringing on young players or misfits from other clubs - lads who are hungry and desperate to prove themselves, or just to be given a chance.

Once you get to championship level or beyond, you're dealing with players who're at a salary level that changes the whole player/manager relationship. Introducing someone like (e.g.) COG straight into that level gives the player little chance to build his confidence, or creates such resentment about players who're left out that team spirit becomes a much greater minefield.

I suspect Hilly's learning curve at Barnsley will have included all of the above. I'm fully expecting him to take his chances with Dale for quite some time to come.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Blue Tuesday on 11:03 - May 7 with 5607 viewsSuddenLad

Blue Tuesday on 10:51 - May 7 by D_Alien

Totally agree with this.

We all know how good Hilly is at identifying and bringing on young players or misfits from other clubs - lads who are hungry and desperate to prove themselves, or just to be given a chance.

Once you get to championship level or beyond, you're dealing with players who're at a salary level that changes the whole player/manager relationship. Introducing someone like (e.g.) COG straight into that level gives the player little chance to build his confidence, or creates such resentment about players who're left out that team spirit becomes a much greater minefield.

I suspect Hilly's learning curve at Barnsley will have included all of the above. I'm fully expecting him to take his chances with Dale for quite some time to come.

Agreed.

I remember years ago Alan Ball was managing Manchester City. When he resigned, he said it was hard to motivate 'arrogant 22-year old millionaires who think they are better than they are'

It can only have got worse since then.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Blue Tuesday on 11:47 - May 7 with 5526 viewsdingdangblue

Blue Tuesday on 10:51 - May 7 by D_Alien

Totally agree with this.

I think I read somewhere that Sean Dyche got Burnley promoted this season with a wage salary cap of £8000 pw. Still a huge wage to anyone on here but pittance compared to some other Premiership/Championship salaries . Amazing what you can do with the right set of players with the right attitude. Listening to Hilly talking about his views on money and credit cards etc it is hard to imagine him wanting to manage any team with money or any team with higher paid players . A team like Rochdale where he can basically run the whole club from top to bottom suits him down to the ground. A few more extra home fans is really only what we are short of for a perfect little club.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Blue Tuesday on 12:01 - May 7 with 5490 viewsfrenzied

Stuart Hall..yes him.. said 15 years ago we have a situation in football where very average players will earn huge amounts of money ..how true
Blue Tuesday on 12:28 - May 7 with 5419 viewsDiddyDave

Good on Keith Hill for saying what we all know;modern day football is so out of touch with reality. He says it as it is,Dale got promotion WITHOUT spending ridiculous amounts of money on average players and in the process produced more young lads who will keep this great little club afloat for the foreseeable future. I just hope he becomes a Dario Gradi for Dale as it`s obvious he`s in his element at Spotland,but successful years even for him will still be few and far between on Dale`s finances and it needs the supporters to keep backing him when the bad or mediocre season comes around,as it surely will. Status quo in Championship 1 with the odd good cup run is about as much as we can reasonably hope for I think.
Blue Tuesday on 13:42 - May 7 with 5296 viewsregjenkins

Its nice to see the reaction of some cITY posters to what he has said. Big time Charley attitude now that they are title contenders. Class.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Blue Tuesday on 14:42 - May 7 with 5189 viewspioneer

Blue Tuesday on 12:28 - May 7 by DiddyDave

Good on Keith Hill for saying what we all know;modern day football is so out of touch with reality. He says it as it is,Dale got promotion WITHOUT spending ridiculous amounts of money on average players and in the process produced more young lads who will keep this great little club afloat for the foreseeable future. I just hope he becomes a Dario Gradi for Dale as it`s obvious he`s in his element at Spotland,but successful years even for him will still be few and far between on Dale`s finances and it needs the supporters to keep backing him when the bad or mediocre season comes around,as it surely will. Status quo in Championship 1 with the odd good cup run is about as much as we can reasonably hope for I think.

Why is championship 1 all we can hope for? We dont have to expect further promotion (and certainly shouldn't be basing the managements future on achieving it) but why is it unreasonable to 'hope' of what teams like Yeovil and Bournemouth have achieved (the latter were still in with a shout of the play offs until last week).

Before Hill left for the dark side we weren't far off it remember.
Blue Tuesday on 14:46 - May 7 with 5174 viewsdingdangblue

Blue Tuesday on 14:42 - May 7 by pioneer

Why is championship 1 all we can hope for? We dont have to expect further promotion (and certainly shouldn't be basing the managements future on achieving it) but why is it unreasonable to 'hope' of what teams like Yeovil and Bournemouth have achieved (the latter were still in with a shout of the play offs until last week).

Before Hill left for the dark side we weren't far off it remember.

Yeovil maybe - but Bournemouth get very good crowds and paid over 1 million pounds for a player last season.

Blue Tuesday on 15:09 - May 7 with 5103 viewspioneer

They were getting 5000 for most of their games before their final push for promotion. And back in their division 2 days 3 and 4,000 were regular crowds

No reason why we cannot expect the marketing department (ha ha) to get up towards those figures.
Blue Tuesday on 15:15 - May 7 with 5078 viewsMass_Debater

Blue Tuesday on 15:09 - May 7 by pioneer

They were getting 5000 for most of their games before their final push for promotion. And back in their division 2 days 3 and 4,000 were regular crowds

No reason why we cannot expect the marketing department (ha ha) to get up towards those figures.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/DivisionalAttendance/0,,10794~20137,00.htm

Bournemouth's lowest crowd this season was 7258 and they averaged 9951. A bit beyond us me thinks.
Blue Tuesday on 15:23 - May 7 with 5051 viewsfermin

Blue Tuesday on 15:09 - May 7 by pioneer

They also made a £15.3m loss when they got promoted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27224806

Might be OK if you have a wealthy Russian owner like they do, but they are not like us. Yeovil are a better example or even Scunthorpe.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024